Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 20.
    #801 8 years ago

TPF 2016 is officially over

#802 8 years ago

A few hours to kill before my flight back to Sydney. A very brief summary from someone who flew half way around the world to be here for the weekend..
    Farkin' Awesome!!!!
    Great to meet a bunch of Pinsiders, and special shout out of course to Labnip for his generous welcome. And what else really makes the show but all the great games that were here to play. So to everyone who brought games, Thanks!!!
    TPF rocks!! I'll be back!!

#803 8 years ago

Had to fuel up for the break down process.

Love me a fresh grilled ruben. Darned yummy

Here were some of the menu options.
    Think 2 of the trucks left a little bit earlier, but 3 still here to the end

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#804 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#805 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#806 8 years ago

Announcing winners of best pins, lorry winner for new spider man pin, etc...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#807 8 years ago

I love this show. Lots of opportunities to see rare stuff, or at least stuff not in the collections of those I live near. A chance to see the new stuff, too, and get first hand experiences on the games. But.. man, this show is expensive. Besides the airfare and the hotel..

Last year: 1 NIB, 1 auction grail pin, freighted back to the People's Republic of California.
    This year: 2 NIB. It didn't help that my crack dealer was easy to find on the floor.

That's it. Never again. I just can't keep doing this show.

So, when are dates being posted for 2017? Where's the countdown?

#808 8 years ago

Any announcements (rumors) made?

#809 8 years ago

For anyone heading South towards Austin or San Antonio - traffic's completely stopped South of Waco on 35 due to construction and multiple accidents. Might want to find an alternate route.

#810 8 years ago

3rd year in a row for me and my son, love the show. So many machines, and the hotel is great. Now a quick bite before the flight back to Seattle.

Ghostbusters was definitely fun to play, even the music was great and varied nicely according to what was going on. Guess I need to give JJ a call and order a premium, hopefully the wife will forgive me

tournament was better than last year, but next year I'll try a different strategy and not try to necessarily play every game. Kudos to the organizers, I think though that 24 attempts would have been fine but 20 was OK too (used all mine on Friday already)

A few suggestions that would make the show even better
    - Recycling bins, so many beer bottles thrown to waste (you do have recycling in Texas, right? )
    - too many great seminars early on Friday night, hard for us out of towners to get there early enough for those
    - I wish there would have been a few water coolers to get a drink from

I really enjoy the show and will probably be back next year again. Thank you organizers and volunteers, special thanks for labnip for all the great pics in this thread

#811 8 years ago

I had a BLAST at TPF, and will certainly be back next year. It was a pleasure meeting so may cool people, and getting to see a few faces behind the avatars here. I think Labnip has posted pics from almost every corner of the show, so I'll just post a couple. The first pic was taken at the Pinside meet and greet.

IMG_1871_(resized).JPGIMG_1871_(resized).JPG

And here's The King late on Friday night. It was SO COOL to talk with him for a while.

IMG_1855_(resized).JPGIMG_1855_(resized).JPG

#812 8 years ago

It was a fun first show for me and the family! I dont know how many people could get there names in the machines they played, but was pretty proud of my 10 year old for this score on KISS! Then the pin won best modern pin at the show.
    Met a lot of really nice people here and hope to make it back.

20160319_165600_(resized).jpg20160319_165600_(resized).jpg

#813 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

For anyone heading South towards Austin or San Antonio - traffic's completely stopped South of Waco on 35 due to construction and multiple accidents. Might want to find an alternate route.

Is there an alternate route?

#814 8 years ago

364 days and 22 or so hours till TPF 2017?

#815 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

364 days and 22 or so hours till TPF 2017?

Will 2017 be at the same venue? I assume yes, but has it been announced?

#816 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures and made comments. Looks like an amazing show. I am going next year for sure. Any additional comments on the P3 pin and Lexy. Are they as cool as they look?

#817 8 years ago

Bye Dallas

#818 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

A few suggestions that would make the show even better
    - Recycling bins, so many beer bottles thrown to waste (you do have recycling in Texas, right? )

The hotel separates the bottles for recycling. Not sure how that is even an issue that would make the festival better.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

- too many great seminars early on Friday night, hard for us out of towners to get there early enough for those

I saw several out of towners at the Friday seminars, I guess they got earlier flights.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

- I wish there would have been a few water coolers to get a drink from

You mean other than the water coolers provided by the hotel at the snack area and at every seminar?

#819 8 years ago

Special thanks go out to Jeff (way2wyrd) for doing the History of Pinball booth. I had one of my games there and I really enjoyed meeting/talking to Jeff. He is a great asset to the hobby.

#820 8 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Special thanks go out to Jeff (way2wyrd) for doing the History of Pinball booth. I had one of my games there and I really enjoyed meeting/talking to Jeff. He is a great asset to the hobby.

We wuv Jeff long time

#822 8 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Is there an alternate route?

We took 84 West in Waco to 317, then rejoined 35 just now in Belton. Saved about 45 minutes according to Google. There are probably other ways.

#823 8 years ago

Bookend to the one on the way in..

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

It's early back home, hence the Bloody Mary, haha.

#824 8 years ago

Amazing looking show. Thanks for posting the pics for those that couldn't make it.

#825 8 years ago

This would be a stuck ball on a virtual pin. No, shaking the machine didn't help, and no, there was no ball search in the software. I think it finally cleared after a minute or two, I was playing the machine next to it at the time.

Brad

IMG_20160319_191338788_(resized).jpgIMG_20160319_191338788_(resized).jpg

#826 8 years ago

Some pics of one of my favorites from the weekend, Reverse Flush. This pin was runner up in the custom pin category, and it really takes "reverse" to the extreme:

- The flipper buttons are reversed (left flips right)
    - The score starts at 999,999 and counts downward (lowest score wins, as the backglass says)
    - Playfield slopes away from the player (obviously )
    - Push the plunger instead of pull to launch the ball

A really cool custom, IMO.

Brad

IMG_20160318_175502328_(resized).jpgIMG_20160318_175502328_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160318_175507549_(resized).jpgIMG_20160318_175507549_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160318_175515199_(resized).jpgIMG_20160318_175515199_(resized).jpg

#827 8 years ago

Ghostbusters - I know, probably not a shortage of pictures of this one, but here you go.

Brad

IMG_20160318_185708140_(resized).jpgIMG_20160318_185708140_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160318_185714852_(resized).jpgIMG_20160318_185714852_(resized).jpg

#828 8 years ago

I would like to thank Ed for suck a awesome show! Also he took the time to sit down with me for and hour and talk show shop. He let me pick his brain about what it takes to make a very successful show. Thank you Ed for your hospitality. It will not be forgotten. Gabe from Pintastic.

#829 8 years ago

Seen on a car in the parking garage. The bottom right one was particularly giggleworthy to me.

Brad

IMG_20160319_164928518_HDR_(resized).jpgIMG_20160319_164928518_HDR_(resized).jpg

#830 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#831 8 years ago

Best bumper stickers EVER

#832 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#833 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I would like to thank Ed for suck a awesome show!

So you thought it was awesome, or it sucked?

#834 8 years ago

Heheheh

#835 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#836 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#837 8 years ago

#838 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#839 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#840 8 years ago

Thanks lapnip and everyone else for sharing. Good stuff!

#841 8 years ago

Fun times

#842 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#843 8 years ago

This was the first year at the show for me. Super fun and laid back environment. Loved that I was able to sip on a glass of bourbon while enjoying all the pins. Lived here for a bit years ago but forgot how awsome Texans were. Thank you for reminding me TPF.

#844 8 years ago

Here is my inception moment picture, and the one that Charlie took, which I saw on FB later that day.

#845 8 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures and made comments. Looks like an amazing show. I am going next year for sure. Any additional comments on the P3 pin and Lexy. Are they as cool as they look?

Lexi is a really fun pinball. I was skeptical even after their seminar but one game on it convinced me it's as fun as other modern pinball machines and I love the modularity and open source design options.

Go play one, you won't be disappointed.

#846 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#848 8 years ago

Epic. A couple ambassadors of pinside. What a party.

#849 8 years ago

Thanks for all the pics labnip (and other contributors). We now enter the saddest part of the calendar, the furthest time until the next TPF...

#850 8 years ago

Thank you to to the event staff, folks who brought their Games to play , dealers and the Speakers at TPF for an awesome show... Though as jfesler said not so awesome for our bank balance ....looking forward to next year!

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-texas-pin-fest-2016/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.