3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 891 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
    #751 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#752 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#753 3 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Unbelievable!!! You got a picture of BTTF, a $100,000 pinball machine !! Lucky!

#754 3 years ago

Wtf....

1. Pulled over Tron
    2. Pulled over some light cycles
    3. Grid Chips
    4. ...?

image_(resized).jpg

#755 3 years ago

1:19am Sunday
    Waitin in line for gb
    image_(resized).jpg

#756 3 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Wtf....
    image_(resized).jpg

Even law enforcement officers want a shot at double tapping gem

#757 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#758 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#759 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#760 3 years ago

Hobbit
    image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#761 3 years ago

So I am at TPF all week long and I hear some funny stuff but the best quote of the year came from "labnip". So we are just standing around talking and all of a sudden he says "Be right back I need to buy some trim!" Just to be sure I verified that it was trim for a pinball machine.

#762 3 years ago

It may or may not mean what one thinks

#763 3 years ago

3:10 am CST

#764 3 years ago

I spent most of this weekend in my hotel room here with the flu. Really nasty stuff. Thanks for posting so many pics, as I don't feel like I missed out quite so much. I'll have to wait for SFGE to get some time on GB, looks like a killer game.

If you were in the next room and heard me horfing at 3am just now and last night, I'm sorry. Gives a new meaning to "In and Out Burger", doesn't it?

#765 3 years ago

The king made my day
    Thanks to my buddy Chris k

12884484_1252007811495301_1513990944_n_(resized).jpg
    [att=3044796,659713 caption="

#766 3 years ago

Party animal

#767 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwaz:

The king made my day
    Thanks to my buddy Chris k
    12884484_1252007811495301_1513990944_n_(resized).jpg
    [att=3044796,659713 caption="

onya Chris , onya Wazza.
    great stuff!

#768 3 years ago

That sucks Swamp, but you are a better man than me. I would be wandering the show in a bathrobe with a bucket in my hand, prob still waiting to play GB.

#769 3 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

Awesome selection of EM titles at TPF this year.

Walking around the show floor most of the EM games have no one playing them. Nearly every modern game that is still working has someone playing it.

There are a LOT of games non-operational. Looks like TPF crowds are really hard on games.

The Safecracker has a long line every time I walk by. Has anyone seen a Magic token won?

#770 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I played that embryon and fathom for a couple hours today. No one in line to play either of them. Nuts. Keith did a amazing job on the restores.

Folks must of thought they were on display. They kind of were. It worked out to your benefit. They both play great.

#771 3 years ago

Got to meet Robin and talked to George Gomez while he was working on spider man pretty cool

image_(resized).jpeg

#772 3 years ago

La Peep at 7151 Preston rd has great coffee this morning.

#773 3 years ago

Thanks for posting! Wish I could have been there. Next year...

#774 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There are a LOT of games non-operational. Looks like TPF crowds are really hard on games.
    The Safecracker has a long line every time I walk by. Has anyone seen a Magic token won?

There were unfortunately alot of non operational games on friday at 5pm. My take away of the games at tpf is 50% are fantastic, play great, and working flawlessly. The other 50% have enough issues that they are not playable, turned off, and most likely brought to try and sell as is or even left on credit play as a few retailers seemed to have done.
    By sat i also noticed a few of the super nice games had been sold and i presume the new owners had left them on the floor but turned them off?

The games that played great were amazing and made the show worth it! I would reccommend the trip to experience at least once. Highlights of the show are all the news games and the great venue. Plenty of space so even when packed you could find a spot to hang. Of course the great people are what really make the show and there are a bunch of cool tx pinheads i met plus all the great people that travel in from all over!

#775 3 years ago

Three Billion on Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters Premium will be in route to my home.

image_(resized).jpeg

Marcus

#776 3 years ago

Exploited a bug, Marcus?

#777 3 years ago

My best TPF score..woot! Nicest RBION I have ever played.

image_(resized).jpeg

#778 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Folks must of thought they were on display. They kind of were. It worked out to your benefit. They both play great.

Both were stunning games. That embryon is coming to Nashville

I was lucky enough to grab it and a restored xenon for great prices. Texas was another fantastic show. The best in Pinball!!!

#779 3 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

How in the world? Closest I saw was 618mil!

JJ

#780 3 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Both were stunning games. That embryon is coming to Nashville
    I was lucky enough to grab it and a restored xenon for great prices. Texas was another fantastic show. The best in Pinball!!!

They were on but wouldn't start or add credits when I tried to play them.

On a side note, and this goes to show how big the festival is, I have yet to find the Hobbit out the Reverse Flush machines! Anybody care to give me a clue?

#781 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Hey JJ. Are you here all day today? I'd like to meet you and talk for just a minute. I'll be there around noon.

#782 3 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

They were on but wouldn't start or add credits when I tried to play them.
    On a side note, and this goes to show how big the festival is, I have yet to find the Hobbit out the Reverse Flush machines! Anybody care to give me a clue?

Both embryon and fathom are still at the show and playing. The hobbit is in the corner by the color dmd display games.

#783 3 years ago
    Quoted from angryjeep:

Hey JJ. Are you here all day today? I'd like to meet you and talk for just a minute. I'll be there around noon

Im not, Im at airport already. Feel free to call me on my cell 303-931-3685

JJ

#784 3 years ago

Would love to attend just to get the latest /greatest buzz but Embryon and Fathom are dreams of mine and being they are in good shape are just as worthy gems IMO.
    And what a treat to play in that environment - thx for posting pics!

#785 3 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

image_(resized).jpeg
    Marcus

And just think, this is with "beta, fresh out of factory" code. We didn't see this level of scoring with TWD until after 1.45 in Oct 2015.

GB is going to be special. So glad I jumped in on day 1.

#786 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Probably the same jackpot frenzy thing that Elwin got at the AMOA thing in Vegas. Breaks the game pretty good.

#787 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

There were unfortunately alot of non operational games on friday at 5pm. My take away of the games at tpf is 50% are fantastic, play great, and working flawlessly. The other 50% have enough issues that they are not playable, turned off, and most likely brought to try and sell as is or even left on credit play as a few retailers seemed to have done.

I did not notice this many games unplayable. All the machines were working at the Pinside booth (we had some issues off and on with Andromada), ArkLaTex booth (they did have issues with Godzilla yesterday), and Gulf Coast booth), which were the main areas I was hanging around so perhaps my perspective is skewed.

My only issue with the show is the hotel is pretty strict on beer and I thought they closed the party down an hour too early last night (everyone who was there still wanted to play pinball when they shut off the machines at 2am).

#788 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I did not notice this many games unplayable.

I agree 100% there was no where close to that many games that were not playable or turned off. I wish people would stop trying to sensationalize their experience. It doesn't do any good. They just come off looking silly to the people that are there.

#789 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

By sat i also noticed a few of the super nice games had been sold and i presume the new owners had left them on the floor but turned them off?
    The games that played great were amazing and made the show worth it! I would reccommend the trip to experience at least once. Highlights of the show are all the news games and the great venue. Plenty of space so even when packed you could find a spot to hang. Of course the great people are what really make the show and there are a bunch of cool tx pinheads i met plus all the great people that travel in from all over!

I'd say it was closer to 90% that were playable and working close to 100%. Might have had a few small issues but nothing major. Games that I saw that were down were getting worked on and playing a few hrs later in almost all cases. Most of the games are coming from homes were they are barely played so going from a couple of hundred plays a year to a thousand in a weekend is going to break a few things.

#790 3 years ago

Posting this pic because the use of cash to buy big ticket items is almost forgotten in today's world. It was great to be at the Cointaker booth when someone came up with cash to buy a Ghostbusters Pro. I played GB at the Marco booth many times over the course of the weekend. Game is a blast to play. I ordered my GB Pro, did you secure yours? Cheers to an awesome first time visit to TPF. Already planning our trip back for 2017.

image_(resized).jpg

#791 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Walking around the show floor most of the EM games have no one playing them. Nearly every modern game that is still working has someone playing it.
    The Safecracker has a long line every time I walk by. Has anyone seen a Magic token won?</blockquoteYes the tokens were the collector TPF coin

#792 3 years ago

I noticed that kids really seemed to gravitate to the EMs, that was cool. I really enjoyed CCC, Time Warp and Star Gazer before I got sick.

#793 3 years ago

could anyone comment on the Ghostbusters gameplay?

#794 3 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

could anyone comment on the Ghostbusters gameplay?

I thought it was great. Plays fast! There are a couple of really tight shots. Got to play 3 times and waited about 30 minutes each time to play. Pro version seems like a good value at this point.

#795 3 years ago

Sitting on the plane at DFW. I'll go into more detail later, but want to thank everybody...all of my pinside brethren, but especially labnip...for the warm welcome. See you next year!

#796 3 years ago

As with any show the games quality can vary. These are mostly older games that require a lot of detail work to keep functioning and playing perfectly. I think the machines that are completely down is a small percentage of the overall game population.

My Volley was pretty solid the entire show except for one game stopping failure which necessitated a trip to lowes to get a tiny E clip. I only had a single game to worry about, I can't imagine keeping up with multiples; especially if you are exhibiting by yourself like me.

Kudos to anyone that brings games to shows, I now understand what you go through! It was such a rewarding experience to see people play my game that I put so many hours into. It made the trip and experience 100% worthwhile.

#797 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sitting on the plane at DFW. I'll go into more detail later, but want to thank everybody...all of my pinside brethren, but especially labnip...for the warm welcome. See you next year!

#798 3 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Exploited a bug, Marcus?

To tell the truth, I do not know. Started Gozer Multiball started when I was at 70 million. The flippers were reversed and the lights went crazy bright.

I just put my head down and focused on the flippers and started double flipping. I kept the multiball alive for at least 2-4 minutes.

When I finally drained, I had 2.9 billion and earned a bonus of 290 million (or so)

The experience was awesome!

Marcus

#799 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#800 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 64.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 319.00
    $ 35.00
    $ 45.99
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside