Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
    #1 8 years ago

Dates: March 17,18,19,20, 2016 Texas Pin Fest event.
    March 17 is load-in Thursday.

#2 8 years ago

I hope I get to go again.

Great show ! Great people ! And I really liked where it is held.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

Crap....better book mine

#4 8 years ago

yup. book now, ya know you're going

There's some arcades I want to take, but don't want to sell, but on Sunday at the event, i'll want to sell instead of packing and bringing back, but then if i sell, i'll miss them and regret selling them for months and find myself looking to buy them again...

#5 8 years ago

This will be my first year to go up on Thursday instead of Friday. Wish I had done that this year.

#6 8 years ago

I'm going this time!

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

This will be my first year to go up on Thursday instead of Friday. Wish I had done that this year.

Ditto

#8 8 years ago

here's 2015 pix, in case you're on the fence
    if you don't go to TPF 2016, the bad guys win!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/txpinfest-2015-chillin-weekend-time

#9 8 years ago

I'm doing the same next year (going up on Thursday and staying 3 nights). Already booked the room and expect them to sell out even earlier this year. On a side note, only 190 days 'til the Houston Expo!

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from rccola777:

I'm doing the same next year (going up on Thursday and staying 3 nights). Already booked the room and expect them to sell out even earlier this year. On a side note, only 190 days 'til the Houston Expo!

Houston party central !!! Already planning my cigar selections.

Look out Zoo Keeper, your high score is Mine !!!

#11 8 years ago

This has got to be some sort of record for how quickly it is filling up already...

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

This has got to be some sort of record for how quickly it is filling up already...

yeah. not sure if it's related to TPF, or maybe there's other things in the area that weekend, like something at the baseball field across the lot, or a toothbrush convention?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Look out Zoo Keeper, your high score is Mine !!!

If Rich will hurry up and finish the ZK artwork, it should look like a new game this year! I've been waiting since last September to put this thing together...ZK.jpgZK.jpg

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from rccola777:

If Rich will hurry up and finish the ZK artwork, it should look like a new game this year! I've been waiting since last September to put this thing together...ZK.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

hehehe... i've been waiting on an EDOT floor mat art piece for about 2 years

#15 8 years ago

I'll bring mine next year.....600 miles on this trailer

edot.jpgedot.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Just curious what is the advantage to going up on Thursday? Are there events scheduled early on Friday before the show officially opens late in the afternoon?

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

yup. book now, ya know you're going
    There's some arcades I want to take, but don't want to sell, but on Sunday at the event, i'll want to sell instead of packing and bringing back, but then if i sell, i'll miss them and regret selling them for months and find myself looking to buy them again...

Lol.....what arcades??? When it's closer to time, let me know if you need help unloading

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Future drunk self will thank me later for booking in advance....

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

yeah. not sure if it's related to TPF, or maybe there's other things in the area that weekend, like something at the baseball field across the lot, or a toothbrush convention?

It's all TPF rooms. We have the entire hotel (less about 10 rooms the hotel holds back) and we are able to pull occupancy reports.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

Just curious what is the advantage to going up on Thursday? Are there events scheduled early on Friday before the show officially opens late in the afternoon?

A large number of exhibitors load in their games on Thursday. Showing up on Thursday to help people load is a great way to get to know other pinball collectors as well as get an opportunity to play some games in a calmer environment.

And the tournaments typically open earlier on Friday than the normal show.

Lots of perks for showing up on Thursday.

Marcus

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Lol.....what arcades??? When it's closer to time, let me know if you need help unloading

EDOT, Centipede Cabaret, Playchoice 10 Countertop + 1 or 2 other items that might be showing up soon

(haven't told the 'ol lady about the new arrivals yet.)

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

The advantage to showing up Thursday for Exhibitors and Vendors is getting your games and booth set up early and having a evening to relax and hang with friends before the show opens on Friday. If you are just buying a weekend pass, there is really no benefit to showing up Thursday unless you are one of the few volunteers needed for Thursday set-up. We really need to try to restrict the set up area to exhibitors, vendors, and volunteers. Of course if you do show up Thursday and are staying in the hotel, you can still take advantage of the free happy hour and visit with friends

#23 8 years ago

Is there a group reservation code for TPF16 yet?

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

(haven't told the 'ol lady about the new arrivals yet.)

Arrival(s)! Do tell us at least.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

It's all TPF rooms. We have the entire hotel (less about 10 rooms the hotel holds back) and we are able to pull occupancy reports.

Holy crap?

#26 8 years ago

I have a thread. O.o

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

I have a thread. O.o

I know... found it after

#28 8 years ago

Room reserved 18th-20th....

#29 8 years ago

Bringing my TBL to TPF next year..free play area...

#30 8 years ago

Room booked a couple of weeks ago.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Well,
    Just booked the hotel for March 17,18,19,20, 2016 Texas Pin Fest event.
    March 17 is load-in Thursday.
    It is now May 6, 2015
    let's get this party started.
    planning to take more stuff... pins(s) + arcade(s) hopefully.
    10 months & 11 days away ! come-on we're streakin' to the Quad !!

For the love of god don't put any art related to a Bally/Williams pin on the flyer or everybody is gonna think a remake announcement will be made there.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For the love of god don't put any art related to a Bally/Williams pin on the flyer or everybody is gonna think a remake announcement will be made there.

You don't know Ed very well, do you?

He'll probably try to license the Cactus Canyon art just to rile everyone up now. Plus it fits the whole Texas stereotype.

#34 8 years ago

The TPF is a conspiracy for the Feds to invade Texas!

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You don't know Ed very well, do you?
    He'll probably try to license the Cactus Canyon art just to rile everyone up now. Plus it fits the whole Texas stereotype.

Tron Wayne says, "i have no i-dear what yur talkin' 'bout neighburrr "

tron-john-wayne.jpgtron-john-wayne.jpg

#38 8 years ago

Just book our rooms.
    Back Alley Creations will be at Texas 2016
    Looking forward to it!!!!

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

A large number of exhibitors load in their games on Thursday. Showing up on Thursday to help people load is a great way to get to know other pinball collectors as well as get an opportunity to play some games in a calmer environment.
    And the tournaments typically open earlier on Friday than the normal show.
    Lots of perks for showing up on Thursday.
    Marcus

Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

The advantage to showing up Thursday for Exhibitors and Vendors is getting your games and booth set up early and having a evening to relax and hang with friends before the show opens on Friday. If you are just buying a weekend pass, there is really no benefit to showing up Thursday unless you are one of the few volunteers needed for Thursday set-up. We really need to try to restrict the set up area to exhibitors, vendors, and volunteers. Of course if you do show up Thursday and are staying in the hotel, you can still take advantage of the free happy hour and visit with friends

So if you put these two posts together, you can see the best way to attend TPF is to bring games and show up on Thursday! That's what I did and it was great. Friday was really relaxing and I was able to visit wth other exhibitors and offer a hand to people that needed it. Win-win.

#40 8 years ago

We've been booked since Ed said the hotel was already 30% booked in Feb !

See you then !!

Kim

www.KimballsPinballs.com

#41 8 years ago

Damn you people and your early booking! Grrrr

#42 8 years ago

Just booked our room for 2016. Can't wait for the fun to begin!!

#43 8 years ago

Is there a discount code for the hotel? Cheapest room listed for me was $239.00/night.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gizmonic:

Is there a discount code for the hotel? Cheapest room listed for me was $239.00/night.

tell them it is for the event "Texas Pinball Festival". that should do it. if not, tell them to type in "TPS".

#45 8 years ago

I'm local so no hotel room for me, but I'll definitely be packing my Hearos or similar this year. I know it's mostly just us old fogeys that seem to care about hearing damage/loss, but seriously, anyone who spends a whole day in that room would be doing at least some (even if miniscule) damage to his/her hearing.

I also mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see them get some "rental power" to help with the 110V load. Many machines were turned off last year and a number of them had signs explaining that it was because of voltage issues. A quick search suggests that a 40Kw unit could be had for the weekend at a very reasonable price, and I'm sure someone could work out the logistics.

Other than that, I had a great time this year and can't wait for 2016!

Brad

#46 8 years ago

booked...17,18,19

#47 8 years ago

Only 10 months & 5 days away . . .

cookie-monster-waiting.gifcookie-monster-waiting.gif

#48 8 years ago

Another reason to show up on a Thursday is if you are a serious buyer and want dibs on a machine someone is selling before it disappears to someone else buying it before you got a chance.

2 weeks later
    #49 8 years ago

When will tickets become available

Ken

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

When will tickets become available
    Ken

Pre-registration opens October 1st and you will be able to register your game(s) for the show

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-texas-pin-fest-2016 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.