You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tpf-gb4_(resized).jpg
tpf-gb1_(resized).jpg
tpf-gb3_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just got the ok from Stern HQ! This year I will be setting a live stream on twitch for Friday, Sat and part of Sunday of game play from the New Ghost Busters Pin. The games will be located in the Marco booth. I will post link to the stream but it will be under our Gexchange account on Twitch!

Feel free to tune in this week for my final testing before the show. I am trying a few things such as pulling game audio from the head phone jack on the board! And working on seeing if I can Get John T. To narate some of the game play. So tune in and if you are at the show come show the pinball world how its done.

Ps if you tune in and have suggestions before the show please feel free to pm me with them! Ignore the glare on the dmd im using a GOT LE and its faces the windows of our showroom

#2 8 years ago

Awesome news! Thanks

#3 8 years ago

Sweet I will watch for it.

Interested to see game play on this title.

Thanks for the heads up

#4 8 years ago

Can't wait to play it this weekend. Hopefully they have it setup early Friday before the crowd shows up.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Just got the ok from Stern HQ! This year I will be setting a live stream on twitch for Friday, Sat and part of Sunday of game play from the New Ghost Busters Pin. The games will be located in the Marco booth. I will post link to the stream but it will be under our Gexchange account on Twitch!
Feel free to tune in this week for my final testing before the show. I am trying a few things such as pulling game audio from the head phone jack on the board! And working on seeing if I can Get John T. To narate some of the game play. So tune in and if you are at the show come show the pinball world how its done.
Ps if you tune in and have suggestions before the show please feel free to pm me with them! Ignore the glare on the dmd im using a GOT LE and its faces the windows of our showroom

Will you be streaming the Pro or LE?

#6 8 years ago

Pretty sure a pro. I dont think there will be an le or prem there. If there is I will do my best to stream that one

#7 8 years ago

Sweet man!! Well done

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

You sure? First I've heard of it (or that GB was even going to be at TPF).

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

You sure? First I've heard of it (or that GB was even going to be at TPF).

I heard John Trudeau on a podcast interview
say that there will be two GB Pro at the TPFestival..

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

WAIT... hold the funking phone...
Will you be doing this *AFTER* normal show hours?
Or transmitting general attendees playing the games?
Because - I for one think it'd be pretty sh1tty for you to be taking time away from the attendees to do your twitch.

#11 8 years ago

Chill.. live stream of the game being played by attendees so that people that cant come to the show can get a feel for the game. This is why I said if you are at the show come show the world how its done.

Taking one of the games away from the General public is not something I have any interest in doing. But rather making it so hundreds more can enjoy it remotely while other play! I'm not a player anyone wants to watch play all day I can promise you that!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Chill.. live stream of the game being played by attendees so that people that cant come to the show can get a feel for the game. This is why I said if you are at the show come show the world how its done.
Taking one of the games away from the General public is not something I have any interest in doing. But rather making it so hundreds more can enjoy it remotely while other play! I'm not a player anyone wants to watch play all day I can promise you that!

I for one appreciate you doing this as I cannot attend. I'll be ringing you up for an order if I like what I see

#14 8 years ago

Bump! Packing all the Gear up tonight. Ordered some new stuff to test too that should br here tomorrow

JJ

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Ok we are back live!

Is there anyway to up the framerate of the camera or the stream? The ball motion is really hard to follow. When it goes even moderately fast (like sling to sling, for example), it almost teleports on the video. It's specific to this stream because I haven't seen this on other pin streams.

#18 8 years ago

Let me try, I droped the res trying to help it

Let me work on it

#19 8 years ago

Streaming at these events is tough because the hotels connection to the Internet is overloaded with everyone. Plus phone streaming is usually tough due to poor phone connections and speed.

I haven't been to a convention in awhile. Have they tried something else to remedy this?

#20 8 years ago

We bought a dedicated wifi connection for this from the hotel.. But I do think it lags down sometimes.

That is the hard part, is you never know what your are going to get. I have a professional hotspot with me but its only 2-4 gb per month which is like 5 hrs of stream. I might try it tommorow.

JJ

#21 8 years ago

Long lines for GB. Best game at the show.

#22 8 years ago

Thanks for the stream JJ!

#23 8 years ago

Thanks for your efforts JJ! We will be watching

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

We bought a dedicated wifi connection for this from the hotel.. But I do think it lags down sometimes.
That is the hard part, is you never know what your are going to get. I have a professional hotspot with me but its only 2-4 gb per month which is like 5 hrs of stream. I might try it tommorow.
JJ

Yeah, it's a challenging situation. Hope it works out for everyone! Hope to watch some streaming tomorrow. Looking forward to my GB.

#25 8 years ago

will be starting the stream at 12noon here. Which is about 10 min.

Will run for about an hour. Then more later this afternoon

JJ

#26 8 years ago

Bump for GB fans and for JJ being such a good dude.

#27 8 years ago

Who's idea was it to hook up the sound directly? I did this a long time ago for some YouTube vids. Really lets you hear the game.

#28 8 years ago

Thanks for the stream. And for the self esteem boost. I've never seen so many terrible players in my life.

#29 8 years ago

Going to go live again at 3pm for an hour. So about 35 min

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Thanks for the stream. And for the self esteem boost. I've never seen so many terrible players in my life.

If you're around pinheads all the time, it's easy to forget most people don't have the hand/eye training to do well in pinball. A buddy of mine got a GoT because he's a huge fan of the series, but was having such a hard time getting to blackwater multiball even once per game, I told him to set it on 10 balls per game until he got a feel for the shots. That reduced his frustration, but he's still confused by even the instructions the game gives, asking me where the "orbit" shot it keeps talking about is. It's kind of hard to talk him through some of this over the phone, but he's making progress after about a week of play, and I think I'm helping grow a new pinhead in the process.

#31 8 years ago

kid just got grand champion 740 some mil.

#32 8 years ago

Love that you can clearly hear all the sounds. The video is lagging just a bit though.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

kid just got grand champion 740 some mil.

Don't know what triggered that multiball madness, but looked like the flippers got reversed. Fun game

#34 8 years ago

Going to go live at 7pm until 9pm local time. About 20 min!

https://www.twitch.tv/gexchange/

JJ

#35 8 years ago

Has anyone noticed that Stern has definitely used some sound effects from Lethal Weapon? Maybe I've seen both movies waaaaaay too much

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Has anyone noticed that Stern has definitely used some sound effects from Lethal Weapon? Maybe I've seen both movies waaaaaay too much

Probably pulling from the same Hollywood Edge or Sound Ideas sound library. There's a very distinctive bird of prey call I hear in TV shows ALL the time from Hollywood Edge.

#37 8 years ago

Thanks to all who tuned in! The feeds will be up on our twitch account for 14 days. I really enjoyed running the stream and will work on improving it even more for next time. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Did you guys prefer the sound the way it was or do you want a commentary as well?

JJ

#38 8 years ago

Nice job using line-in for sound, JJ!

#39 8 years ago

Big THANKS out for Twitch streaming this weekend JJ. MyBride and I were the second people to play GB on the stream Friday night. This was our first show to attend together. The LIVE stream really added excitement for us and our first game on GB. Enjoyed talking to you afterwards as well.

Already planning our trip back to TPF in 2017.

Any chance you can get the stream up on YouTube for long time viewing? My bride wants to show off to her family and friends that she was at the event playing Ghostbusters.

Cheers,
Steve

tpf-gb3_(resized).jpgtpf-gb3_(resized).jpg

tpf-gb1_(resized).jpgtpf-gb1_(resized).jpg

tpf-gb4_(resized).jpgtpf-gb4_(resized).jpg

#40 8 years ago

SOUND: It was so load at the show, I'm not sure how you would add anything more than the in-line sound that you had.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Big THANKS out for Twitch streaming this weekend JJ. MyBride and I were the second people to play GB on the stream Friday night. This was our first show to attend together. The LIVE stream really added excitement for us and our first game on GB. Enjoyed talking to you afterwards as well.
Already planning our trip back to TPF in 2017.
Any chance you can get the stream up on YouTube for long time viewing? My bride wants to show off to her family and friends that she was at the event playing Ghostbusters.
Cheers,
Steve

tpf-gb3_(resized).jpgtpf-gb1_(resized).jpgtpf-gb4_(resized).jpg

Sure I think Thats do able.. it was easier then I thought it would be.. Exporting to You Tube now. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQMf3VfUno5Q-x2NcAl2hw

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 103.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-live-stream-of-ghostbusters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.