(Topic ID: 122955)

TPF: Great Show....Terrible Tournament(s)

By Tsskinne

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chet
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2015-04-02-00-01-57.png
    20150329_084354.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 9 years ago

Most of my thoughts have been said but I'll chime in with some detail if only to cast my vote since I assume Marcus is reading...

Less complicated tourneys for sure. The two day qualifiying was just too much I think. Maybe restrict that just to the Wizards tourney and make the others more like the 2014 tourneys where you could qualify on either day. Then maybe add one non-IFPA tourney for non-IFPA rated players so people off the street can get more easily get in on the fun and have a chance at a win. If you're not trying to get casual players into the tourney then why not put it into a conference room to free up space on the floor and help make it more organized. There was no way a person could have decided spur of the moment to enter that and expect any kind of placing (unless KME happened to be in town on business).

Take down everyone's phone # at registration and when you get the list of players for a match text "5 minutes" to them all. Bet it will still be faster than it was and most importantly people could spend some time on the floor and not hover around Marcus asking for updates. This would have solved all of the technical glitches for me.

Snailman's point about volunteers is quite valid and I considered it this year but the cost vs reward was just not there. I knew I'd be spending a lot of time on the tourney (though I had no idea how much!) and still wanted time on the floor. 4 hours was too much to take away from what is already a short weekend (did someone say 5 day TPF???). Maybe it was offered and I missed it but letting volunteers in for the exhibitor hours would make it more worthwhile.

All that being said, I had a great time and appreciate the effort Marcus and the entire team put into the tourneys and trying to maximize points. I have a feeling those complaining about the complexity (wait, didn't I just do that?) will think differently when they compare their TPF points to their next local tourney.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-great-showterrible-tournaments?tu=gtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.