(Topic ID: 122955)

TPF: Great Show....Terrible Tournament(s)

By Tsskinne

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chet
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2015-04-02-00-01-57.png
    20150329_084354.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago

Great thread.
    Special thanks to Marcus (Xerico), for keeping his cool in what was I'm sure a meltdown situation for most other humans.
    Next year can be saved by better software and a slightly simpler format.
    I also agree that the new IFPA format favors grueling over fun. I can only hope that they can learn and adjust as fast as the local branches can.
    Overall the TPF was great, but I wish as a tourney player I could have enjoyed more of it.
    Leon Moncla

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Anyway, did you see the rest of the show? It was awesome! Nothing but rave reviews from all the vendors, special guests, and the other 95% of show attendees.

Did I miss something here?
    Everyone seemed to love the rest of the show. I did not notice anyone complaining about it.
    Not to mention, the majority of post here I have read are very helpful and insightful of the tourney.
    Did things go wrong? Sure.
    But if we don't discuss it, nothing will improve.
    Again, thanks to Marcus and every one who helped put one one of the best pinball themed shows out there.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

One and Done Podcast episode with impressions of the show. Enjoy. -Tommy
    https://app.box.com/s/3gmpad3f3udrajm3iadl1nrrsybh9c3q

Thanks for posting this.
    My son is Preston Moncla that you got to play against on Americas Most haunted that had the diode issue in the middle of the tourney.
    Thanks a bunch for mentioning him in the Podcast. He lives and breaths pinball and has dealt with all kinds of crazy situations like that.
    It is always a blast to meet great players like yourself in a tournament setting.

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

It was a treat to play your Rolling Stones and Viking. Your Viking was a big reason why I won the retro tourney. Thanks again for sharing your pins with us.
    I'll make my early request now for your Frontier in next year's Retro tourney.

I agree. Those machines were amazing.
    I ended up beating Ken Kemp's son Austin on the Viking. Felt bad doing it though, he is going to be a great competitor in the future.
    Both machines were a dream to play, and except for one of the top rollover lane bulbs going out on Rolling Stones they seemed to hold up really well. Can't beat that.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from Replay:

While I certainly appreciate Noah's experience and opinion, why ask someone who was 1,200 miles away in Las Vegas during TPF? There were at least four current state champions and several former state champions present at TPF15, I'd be more interested in their thoughts.

I think he just meant that Noah lost to a Texas player. Just a small joke as Noah is awesome. I was very happy to meet him in Vegas.

#225 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Nobody is saying the players are laughingstocks, just the general opinion most national players have of the tournaments and how they are run is pretty negative from what I hear.

That is exactly what I was saying.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-great-showterrible-tournaments?tu=arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.