Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 468 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AA97CA36-3CB9-43A1-B617-000B4BB74258.gif
    6FB58B9F-EFE6-447C-9097-C9F02B539806 (resized).jpeg
    GUEST_03244eeb-d476-4ad4-b2ad-49bae93c9e0f (resized).jpeg
    EBFC244C-2713-4AE0-8C86-ECA76E4E25E0.gif
    Unknown-6 (resized).jpeg
    FAF90E3C-9B9E-47E2-961E-E4DE46D6999C.gif
    D2B48649-32C7-4358-82F4-435A460F3579 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0DDD360B-5F67-4BA4-8B92-EC9746687BAF (resized).jpeg
    E40E5C36-3882-49E3-AA25-B6D4B26A1F1F (resized).jpeg
    99D2D089-CB5F-4C1A-B887-B73397B7C968 (resized).jpeg
    AB0B8A2A-DAA2-4F0E-B3DE-A71FDC4951E1 (resized).jpeg
    topper-topper-topper (resized).jpg
    24E8AAA6-8900-486C-A491-67F43817EB24 (resized).jpeg
    2465F652-111B-4CF6-BF74-FCC2F3261F49 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gonzo73.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 1 year ago

Outstanding, keep the great Pictures coming.

Cheers.

#161 1 year ago

I attended TPF from 2017-2019.
    17 was amazing, no crowds and they still had the tournaments in the main room.
    Little to no wait times to play anything except a short line for Alien.
    By 2019 it was super crowded and they had even kicked out the tournament to a separate room.
    At the end of 19 we were complaining that it had outgrown the Venue.

I know that Mr Hardy has said there are no better Convention options in the area ... but how can this be true ?
    Its Dallas Fort Worth !? Its a Sprawling Mega City, are there really no modern Convention options ?

#310 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They look like tops for a helium tank to stick your balloon in the mouth and blow your balloon up. These heads aren't on a tank and don't have the part sticking out the mouth to blow up the balloon.
    LTG : )

Yep Helium Tank Toppers.... a lost piece of Americana.

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

But why were they there? There were no balloons. They didn't have clown themed pins. There must be some type of inside joke there.

It's a Mystery wrapped inside a Riddle !! But we buy and collect Pinball Machines.... were all crazy.

#318 1 year ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Made it all the way back home through the rough weather. Got stopped by TSA for having a bunch of pinballs in my carry on. Lol

I'm jealous.. my friends and and I always drove to TPF, hoping to buy a game or Two and haul back to L.A.

Problem is.. it's a two day drive.
    Here's our schedule for TPF adventures 2017-19.

Leave SoCal at 7am Wednesday, arrive in El Paso around 9-10 pm and pass out in a Holiday Inn.
    Half way there !?
    Thursday Leave El Paso around 8am... gas up and get Sausage Mcmuffins in King City around 10 am.
    Get stopped by the Texas State Patrol at the checkpoint, and the Drug Sniffing Dog goes Bonkers because our Enterprise Rental stinks of the Skunk Weed, from whomever rented it last.
    1pm Stop in Midland for lunch and gas.
    5pm stop somewhere at a Dairy Queen for a Banana Split.
    8pm arive in Dallas Fort Worth area and Navigate the Horrible Nightmarish Maze of Freeways and Toll Roads.
    I Fucking Hate everything about the Texas Road Network. Who designed this mess ?? A Schizophrenic Nihilistic Sadist ??
    10 pm arrive at the Granite Hilton Angry and Frazzled.
    But our spirits rise as the Bartender waves hello, and knows our Names and favorite orders !
    Yes I get it... the computer remembers the return customers and informs the staff... still... its nice.
    Check in... drop off our bags, and head to the Bar. Hang out around the Patio Firepit and get property Souced.

Friday-Sunday TPF !! Fun Fun Fun. Perrys, Hard 8, and the Hiltons Booze and Steakhouse Burger.

Monday 8am leave Frisco, drive like mad and make it to just over the Arizona border around 11pm and crash at a Hollday Inn.

Tuesday 9am, late start, Coffee and more Sausage Mcmuffins, arrive back in Southern California around 7pm safe and sound, order a Pizza from Downey Pizza Company, and unload any games we bought. Drink Beer eat Pizza Smoke and relax...at last.
    11pm Crash in bed, home sweet home.

Thanks again to all who posted for us Saps stuck at home.
    Hope to make the Crazy round trip again Next Year.

#321 1 year ago

The Trooper's were realy nice, lots of rentals get stopped for the same reason. Pot tourist's in Los Angeles and Colorado .
    They thought it was Hilarious we were going so far for a Pinball Convention.

#411 1 year ago

I attended the San Diego Comic Con every year from 1992-2011... it used to be held at the height of Muggy Summer in August.... funk funk and more funk.

Thankfully I'm super tall and somewhat above most of it.

TPF is Daisy fresh compared to SDCC.

#435 1 year ago

From what... Cary...? Said, only one food truck showed up on Saturday..

Anyone know what went wrong?
    Was it just Flakey Hipster food truck people not showing?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gonzo73.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-for-those-who-can-t-attend-?tu=gonzo73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.