Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Sprout
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tcv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm curious what everyone here thought of the venue. I think the ballroom was phenomenal. It was large enough that the sounds weren't so overwhelmingly loud. There was a lot of room to maneuver.

I generally liked the hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. The staff was really the only sore-point. I wouldn't have minded if I hadn't asked any questions, but we were giving incorrect information on two things that caused us to spend more money than we wanted.

Well, there is one thing that really irritated me about the hotel. In my opinion, the Internet prices were extortionate. $12.95 / 24 hours / device. This is one of the items the staff did not lead us properly on. We were told $12.95/night. That's it. Because of that, I didn't read the print on the sign-up page which clearly stated PER DEVICE. I didn't notice it until I signed up two iPads and an iPhone. I was so irritated by it, I considered trying to hook up an AP in my room and NATing my devices. I had the equipment. I just couldn't be bothered.

Nothing ruined the weekend, though. It was great and TPF did a fantastic job from my viewpoint.

#3 11 years ago

Oh we saw that! My wife moved a bottle and put it back down. We had to check with the hotel to make sure we weren't charged. I suppose you could do something like Indiana Jones did with the statue... you may or may not have to run for your life afterward.

#16 11 years ago

For the food thing, I'm fairly lucky in that I have a few friends who live in the DFW area that could tell us where to go. We met up with them for lunch and dinner on Saturday at a couple of different places. There was a road less than a mile from the hotel (Oak Lawn Ave.) that had a lot of neat, funky eating places.

We ate at the media place the first night. The food was okay. (Actually, we had a interesting cauliflower side that was awesome.) The MAIN trouble with that place though was the noise. I wanted a break from the exhibit hall noise and this was not the place to go.

I got mainly coffee and bananas at the place that "proudly serve[d]" Starbucks. I looked deep into the servers' eyes. I didn't see any Starbucks pride there.

If I go next year and I'm still on Pinside, maybe I can throw out a few places.

We stayed at the hotel and our parking was free. We only had trouble parking on our return Saturday night, but that makes sense considering the tournament.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tcv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-at-the-hilton-anatole?tu=tcv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.