Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bankmansam
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

We'll be spending a day at NASA Houston before driving up on the 25th March to Frisco for the TPF. She will play pinball too but won't be geeking out there all the time like me so if you have any ideas for her to amuse herself locally, please post...she likes Baseball and has never seen a game in the UK (yes I know it's out of season) - cheers, mike.

#2 9 years ago

There is a minor league team who's stadium is walking distance. They were doing stuff out there last year...not sure if it was a game or just practice.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is a minor league team who's stadium is walking distance. They were doing stuff out there last year...not sure if it was a game or just practice.

That's the RoughRiders (Because they couldn't pick a name that wasn't sterotypical of Texas, right?)...season doesn't start until April. Doesn't look like there's anything scheduled there in March, but I didn't look that hard.

#4 9 years ago

She needs to come find my wife, and they can drink wine.....

My wife is good for a few hours, and then it becomes too much for her.

There's a ton to do in Dallas, so it really depends what she is into...

#5 9 years ago

Well neither of us have been to Texas before (she has never been to the US) and we're both really looking forward to it - I'll try to remember my pinside badge or I might be wearing a pinballnews t-shirt (I work with Martin the editor)... any more ideas welcome

#6 9 years ago

Check out the Perot Museum in downtown Dallas. It is pretty neat.

#7 9 years ago

If she has access to the car rental, she can drive to Arlington, TX and take a tour of the Texas Ranger's Ballpark as well as a tour of the Dallas Cowboy's Stadium.

She also has PLENTY of shopping right around the corner from the Embassy Suites.

If you have an extra day to spare, I recommend an evening in downtown Fort Worth, TX. You can also visit the Stockyards, which is area with cobbled streets and western themed restaurants, shops & entertainment. In my opinion, Fort Worth has the best downtown area in the state.

The Kimball Art Museum in Fort Worth is well worth a visit.

Be sure to eat a Whataburger, visit a Dairy Queen and enjoy some pecan pie.

Marcus

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice - will definitely check out the stockyards and maybe the Perot museum which looks to be close to Dealey Plaza. JFK was killed on my 1st birthday so I'd like to check that out. We might do the tours, though I think my wife really was hoping to see an actual game.

The food suggestions are welcome but I am the only meat eater in our relationship - I think she appreciates that Texas is not exactly veg-friendly

cheers, mike.

#9 9 years ago

Baseball (MLB or MiLB) won't play games in the area 'til april. You gotta go to Florida or Arizona for games in march

#10 9 years ago

Come smoke cigars with us outside
    ...and make fun of people on pinside

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Anyone not in attendance is fair game

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I still have that bottle of tequila I was going to bring to Houston before I got nailed at work and had to cancel... No reason not to bring it to Dallas.

2 weeks later
    #13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Anyone not in attendance is fair game

Too be honest, even if you're in attendance you are still eligible to be mocked. Some of us crusty old cigar smokers are ornery like that.

#14 9 years ago

Very true, and sometimes it makes it more likely

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

Too be honest, even if you're in attendance you are still eligible to be mocked. Some of us crusty old cigar smokers are ornery like that.

Now that doesn't sound like the Barry Sanders that I know. Oh wait, never mind that sounds exactly like the Barry Sanders that I know. I was thinking of the NFL player...who I do not know. Carry on...

2 weeks later
    #16 9 years ago

stonebriar mall is across the parking lot

#17 9 years ago

Our new Nebraska furnature Mart is in pre grand opening but you can get in, It is the largest furnature store in north America. It is less than 10 min west on 121 in the Colony. They have every thing electronics, furnature, home goods, accessories

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-alternatives-for-the-wife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.