Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Skatewake
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20220325_163257 (resized).jpeg
    0CF94664-B790-4AD3-B09D-BD904DE88256 (resized).jpeg
    CA743430-9E65-44BB-A85E-004715151052 (resized).jpeg
    88B9A08F-42DD-4DD7-BB30-4985D0020E31 (resized).jpeg
    C98BDB29-FE81-424B-AA17-7C6DA365C820 (resized).jpeg
    C3E511C4-FF37-4496-A1A4-3D7E0C0B3CA2 (resized).jpeg
    C732D151-FE7F-432F-BCA1-55B530C42423 (resized).png
    PXL_20220130_015313381.MP (resized).jpg
    90556675_968702210211781_7295754005324496896_n (resized).jpg
    bavarian (resized).jpg
    EDA78ABF-6E4E-4464-9D66-2688D01BB6CA (resized).jpeg
    85A448AE-AC59-4094-8D49-82E88FC42D87 (resized).jpeg

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago

I will be there with my KAHR.US Circuits vendor booth. Will have some new products at the booth this year.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model 78, D, E, H & S Skee Ball

#102 2 years ago

Flight booked, hotel booked, passes secured, bags packed, so my son and I will be there. Looking forward to it!

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The state of California lives rent-free in your head.

psst... that place is sinking like the titanic

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Flight booked, hotel booked, passes secured, bags packed, so my son and I will be there. Looking forward to it!

Bags already packed? Wow. Your preparedness is impressive.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Bags already packed? Wow. Your preparedness is impressive.

Haha, I know kinda lame but I’m taking the family to Disneyworld for 10 days right before this so I just got it all packed and ready so when I get back I don’t have to deal with it

#106 2 years ago

I'm in. Bringing a game to @daditude, then picking up my Diamond Jack, then loading it Thursday early, then Bavarian Grill on Friday at 1:30pm... just like it was supposed to be in 2020.

Ahhhhh... finally.

Finally.

Fellow pinheads, feel free to put Bavarian on your calendar: Friday 3/25 at 1:30pm. It's the annual TPF takeover! Best place to pregame. Amazing selection of German beers on tap, as well as those brats... mmmmm.

bavarian (resized).jpgbavarian (resized).jpg

#107 2 years ago

I'll be there!

Looking forward to playing as many games as I can, enjoying some beverages and meeting other pinheads.

#108 2 years ago

I'm looking for a room at the embassy suites if anyone wants to get out! Thanks

#109 2 years ago

Do you have to pay to attend seminars if you bring a machine?

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from ViperJelly:

Do you have to pay to attend seminars if you bring a machine?

No. If you bring a machine it gets you a weekend pass including all seminars.

#111 2 years ago

History of Pinball will be there!!! Come by and say hello

--Jeff

90556675_968702210211781_7295754005324496896_n (resized).jpg90556675_968702210211781_7295754005324496896_n (resized).jpg
    #112 2 years ago

.... looks like a couple of us Aussies will be coming after all

For a while it wasnt looking good with all the extra requirements for international travel ... but perseverance is paying off LOL

Have missed not being able to come to the US pinball shows....

#113 2 years ago

I’ll be there! Pins, drinks & fun!!

#114 2 years ago

Just registered last night and will be bringing my Night Moves!

#115 2 years ago

Less than two weeks to go! Anyone have thought on things that I shouldn't miss while I am there?

#116 2 years ago

This is my first time going any ideas of what's really fun to do there?

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from pincrusher69:

Well, there's always pinball to be played...

#118 2 years ago

Besides 400 pins on freeplay including all the new releases, three food trucks in the courtyard, dozens of manufacturer seminars?

#119 2 years ago

You're going to have to be more specific, as I'm sure the obvious "play pinball" is not the answer you are looking for.

Are you talking about what to do at the festival? What to see/do in the area beyond TPF? Something else?

#120 2 years ago

I'll be there with my Ding Dong.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from c0wb0y:

I'll be there with my Ding Dong.

Should the staff at Wild Pitch be notified?

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Should the staff at Wild Pitch be notified?

Nah, they already know that pretty much everyone that goes in there is a Ding Dong.

#123 2 years ago

You're not wrong Frax . Safe assumption at that establihment. Tight Ends is better, but a couple of blocks further.
    My Ding Dong will be on freeplay. Can't wait for the show.
    Really looking forward to playing: Meteor 2021, Freefall, Ali, Moulin Rouge, Night Rider, Stars, Taxi and Xenon!

#124 2 years ago

BBQ, Wild pitch, I think if you are a Cowboys fan there is stuff you can see. There was a place over there that had incredible london broil..

#125 2 years ago

Other than the events held at the TPF:
    - There is the National Video Game Museum that is VERY worth a visit. They partner with the TPF.
    - The mall across the street with a big new kids place that opened lately. From the outsie, it looks like Eddie Van Halen's red and white guitar.
    - There's a nearby indoor skydiving place.
    - Soccer hall of fame a the FC Dallas stadium in Frisco
    - Legacy West is a good area for food, people-watching and often live music at Legacy Hall. Fancy shops and restaraunts there as well.
    - Grandscape is a new area just 3-4 miles away with a ferris wheel, shopping and an outdoor astroturf area where they hold music events. On one side of the plaza is Scheel's - a big sproting goods store that is kind of neat with a huge aquarium, indoor ferris wheel and other over-the-top things.
    - The Star is another food area, and it has the Dallas Cowboys practice facility which is a draw for the football crowd.
    - My favorite restaraunt is nearby - Gloria's. My favorite margaritas on the planet.
    Lots to do, see, shop and eat.

#126 2 years ago

I'll be there, come by my booth! Like you, it'll be my first event in over 2 years... which makes me feel incredibly rusty... but thankfully I have lots of new work I'm eager to share that no one has seen, since my last TPF was 2019! It helps that I live just 25 minutes down the road.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from c0wb0y:

You're not wrong Frax . Safe assumption at that establihment. Tight Ends is better, but a couple of blocks further.
    My Ding Dong will be on freeplay. Can't wait for the show.
    Really looking forward to playing: Meteor 2021, Freefall, Ali, Moulin Rouge, Night Rider, Stars, Taxi and Xenon!

All I know is the food at Wild Pitch is absolutely nothing to write home about. Alcohol is alcohol...you can get that crap anywhere. Which leaves really only one reason at all to ever set foot in that place. At least Bone Daddy's tries to have good food.

#128 2 years ago

Billy will be there!

PXL_20220130_015313381.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220130_015313381.MP (resized).jpg
    #129 2 years ago

I'll be bringing something fun to share, a guitar hero and DDR pad to play pinball with! It should be set up at the Mezel Mods booth on Godzilla.

#130 2 years ago

Thinking of going - last minute I know.

Looking for hotels within reasonable walking distance as it’s unlikely I’ll have a car. I’ve always stayed at the Embassy so have no idea what’s actually close.

If anyone can provide recommendations or looking to give up an Embassy room I’d appreciate it.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:Thinking of going - last minute I know.
    Looking for hotels within reasonable walking distance as it’s unlikely I’ll have a car. I’ve always stayed at the Embassy so have no idea what’s actually close.
    If anyone can provide recommendations or looking to give up an Embassy room I’d appreciate it.

This is the first year I'll be in the Embassy, but each year before, I stayed at the Aloft, which is easy walking distance from the event, and a good hotel.

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Thinking of going - last minute I know.

The TPF site has a link to all of the hotels within walking distance. For reference Aloft is the farthest. I’ve stayed there and for reference all of the hotels on TPF map are nice. About a mile away there are 3-4 Marriot hotels in the same block by the freeway in case the TPF hotels are booked.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

This is the first year I'll be in the Embassy, but each year before, I stayed at the Aloft, which is easy walking distance from the event, and a good hotel.

Quoted from bluespin:

The TPF site has a link to all of the hotels within walking distance. For reference Aloft is the farthest. I’ve stayed there and for reference all of the hotels on TPF map are nice. About a mile away there are 3-4 Marriot hotels in the same block by the freeway in case the TPF hotels are booked.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Flight and hotel booked!

#134 2 years ago

Can’t wait! See you folks next week!

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Fellow pinheads, feel free to put Bavarian on your calendar: Friday 3/25 at 1:30pm. It's the annual TPF takeover! Best place to pregame. Amazing selection of German beers on tap, as well as those brats... mmmmm.
    [quoted image]

Is this a TPF tradition? Looks like it's 20 min away in Plano.

#136 2 years ago

I’ll be there along with the wife and our 2 daughters. Been going every year since 2013 (except 2020 &2021 of course). We look forward to this weekend every year. The wife and kids love the hotel and the mall across the street keeps them entertained all weekend while I take in the show.

#137 2 years ago

Anyone with extra show tickets? I need two.

#138 2 years ago

5 more days

#139 2 years ago

I was on the website but seem to be unable to buy passes online?

#140 2 years ago

Needing 2 tickets for the weekend. If anyone has any, I can pass cash at show.

#141 2 years ago

Looking for a weekend pass if anyone has a spare.

#142 2 years ago

Anyone wanting to offload a room at the Embassy (25th-27th), drop me a line.

#143 2 years ago

Anyone driving from the Chicagoland area that can help me get something smaller than a pinball machine down to the show?
    --Scott

#144 2 years ago

Ticket sales online have ended. They will be available at the show

#145 2 years ago

Is there a for sale thread somewhere? I'm looking for a GZ (haha, I know, I know) or a CFTBL

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is there a for sale thread somewhere? I'm looking for a GZ (haha, I know, I know) or a CFTBL

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2022-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is this a TPF tradition? Looks like it's 20 min away in Plano.

It was in 2018 and 2019.

Excellent way to pre-game... tap selection is tops!

#149 2 years ago

I am now going to TPF. I wasn't going to this year but the job is sending us to the Home office in Fort Worth this week for training. So free flight to Dallas. Woohoo! I feel behind the power curve though. Trying to catch up on the buzz and plan what I need to buy. It will be good to see and hang out with people again.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Same here, and agree regarding the aloft

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2022-who-is-going/page/3?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.