Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Skatewake
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20220325_163257 (resized).jpeg
    0CF94664-B790-4AD3-B09D-BD904DE88256 (resized).jpeg
    CA743430-9E65-44BB-A85E-004715151052 (resized).jpeg
    88B9A08F-42DD-4DD7-BB30-4985D0020E31 (resized).jpeg
    C98BDB29-FE81-424B-AA17-7C6DA365C820 (resized).jpeg
    C3E511C4-FF37-4496-A1A4-3D7E0C0B3CA2 (resized).jpeg
    C732D151-FE7F-432F-BCA1-55B530C42423 (resized).png
    PXL_20220130_015313381.MP (resized).jpg
    90556675_968702210211781_7295754005324496896_n (resized).jpg
    bavarian (resized).jpg
    EDA78ABF-6E4E-4464-9D66-2688D01BB6CA (resized).jpeg
    85A448AE-AC59-4094-8D49-82E88FC42D87 (resized).jpeg
    There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago

We are very excited to announce that EZPinball will be at TPF this year. Please stop by our booth and introduce yourself.

We will have standard-body Classic Stern (77-85) cabinets both Flat-Pack and pre-assembled ready for you to take home. Purchase from us directly at the show and save shipping costs. This cabinet is also an excellent choice for virtual pin projects as well.

We also have light insert panels available for Seawitch and Star Gazer along with some other unique items not available elsewhere.

Never heard of us? Please check us out at www.ezpinball.com or drop us a line [email protected]

Looking forward to a great show and seeing you at TPF!!!

2 weeks later
    #52 2 years ago

Anybody know of any covid restrictions? I don't see anything on their site.

#53 2 years ago

First-time attendee this year. Very excited. Whole trip booked non-refundable.

I've historically gone to the CA shows, but those are ruined for me until they drop the "show me your papers and keep this on your face" BS.

Can't wait to party with you guys.

#54 2 years ago

I haven’t been in almost 20 years and plan on going this time mostly to see some of the vendors. It’s just a few miles from where I live. I want to fix the cabinets for my TZ and IJ and hope to see “radcals” in real life.
    Also want to see machines from manufacturers like American Pinball.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I've historically gone to the CA shows, but those are ruined for me until they drop the "show me your papers and keep this on your face" BS.

The state of California lives rent-free in your head.

#56 2 years ago

I'll be a first time attendee and will play in the classics tournament. I have a few friends who live down there so it will be a good excuse to visit them also.

I passed on INDISC this year for that exact reason. Not gonna be a karen and bitch about the rules ad nauseum but didn't think I'd enjoy myself fully so I just didn't go.

#57 2 years ago

And this is exactly why I'm heavily leaning towards not going. Not because I'm particularly worried about my health if I did get it, but my job has a fairly strict attendance policy, and anything COVID related is no longer considered an excused absence. Hope you have fun....and don't get COVID. If I do go for a day just to poke around and say hello to some people, I'll definitely be wearing a mask regardless of policy or not. All I can tell you is that I've played in a tournament and several weeks of league with a mask on....it wasn't an issue, and I wear glasses. *shrug*

#58 2 years ago

Won't be making it this year, I attended in 17, 18 and 19 and had a ball.
    recommend the Plano Granite Park Hilton, it's about half a mile away from the convention on the other side of the Freeway.

It's a gorgeous hotel, well away from the convention craziness. Yes you gotta drive back and forth or take the hotel shuttle, but it's super chill.
    The hotel Bar is the highlight, with a large outdoor patio, with a gigantic firepit, we ended up Boozing on the patio every night, and ordering the Steakhouse burger from the hilton kitchen.

Have fun everyone, and be safe.
    Hope to meet you all in 2023

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from PrinceOfPinside:

I'll be a first time attendee and will play in the classics tournament.

I'll be in the classics tournament, too. Not my first TPF, but it will be my first tournament.

Being you are coming from Philly, bring some soft pretzels! I’ll be probably be wearing tie dye.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Being you are coming from Philly, bring some soft pretzels!

Pittsburgh is actually on the other side of the state from Philly! Maybe I'll bring some Primanti Bros (huge sandwiches with fries on them) to make up for it though.

#61 2 years ago

My bad. Saw PA and thought of Philly. We moved from there when I was 8.

#62 2 years ago

I'll be there.

#63 2 years ago

My first festival, and first classics tournament...can't wait.

#64 2 years ago

I’ll be there depending upon my schedule.

#65 2 years ago

I'll be there..Looked yesterday, the Wild pitch is open!

#66 2 years ago

I’ll be there! Deferring my tickets I bought for 2020.

Officially booked my flight and hotel! See you all there!

#67 2 years ago

Tentatively planning to attend. Could bring a SS Cleo, OXO, Jumping Jack, or Target Alpha with me if I do.

#68 2 years ago

I am planning on going with my brother. First time for both of us. Making a good road trip out of it, it should be great.

#69 2 years ago

What are the best places walking distance to get grub?

#70 2 years ago

TPF has good food trucks daily literally right outside the front entrance to the hall.

There are a few places within walking like the breastaurant across the street.

A few more that are worth a short drive or Uber. Hard 8 BBQ is my personal favorite that’s a short drive.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Hard 8 BBQ is my personal favorite that’s a short drive.

I'll have to try that this time. I've been addicted to Hutchins every time I go. Like...I literally get the all you can eat deal there every night.

#72 2 years ago

Not looking good for me. No room, yet. And don't think I'm being sent.

LTG : )

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll have to try that this time. I've been addicted to Hutchins every time I go. Like...I literally get the all you can eat deal there every night.

Hutchins is the way.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Huge loss. I always look forward to saying hello to you at shows.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Contact Mark at the discovery Inn.
    972-303-1900

He is a pinsider and all-around nice guy. He also has a secret pinball haven right inside his motel, and you can't beat the price.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/5702-discovery-inn-garland-tx

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Tentatively planning to attend. Could bring a SS Cleo, OXO, Jumping Jack, or Target Alpha with me if I do.

I am still looking for a target alpha. I would be interested in pics/price info.

Thank you

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hutchins is the best, but sadly they no longer offer the all you can eat option.

#78 2 years ago

Anyone staying in Garland will want to check out this place:
    https://intrinsicbrewing.com/

And my little collection is just a few blocks away.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Hutchins is the best, but sadly they no longer offer the all you can eat option.

Well...that's that, then. I'm cancelling my trip.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...that's that, then. I'm cancelling my trip.

Dallas is actually the food capital of the world. It has more restaurants per Capita than any other city in the world. Not new York, not Bejing. Dallas, Texas.

I'll help you find a replacement if need be.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Dallas is actually the food capital of the world. It has more restaurants per Capita than any other city in the world. Not new York, not Bejing. Dallas, Texas.
    I'll help you find a replacement if need be.

Thanks! I'll still go to Hutchins (I stand there waiting for them to open at 5!)...it'll just cost me a shit-ton more to order the brisket, ribs, and jalapeno cheddar sausage separately.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Anyone staying in Garland will want to check out this place:
    https://intrinsicbrewing.com/
    And my little collection is just a few blocks away.

Fair warning....

They had a LOT of damage to their location due to the ice storm. The entire patio section, which is more than half of their seating, is closed until they have engineers figure out how to repair it. Tons of bricks fell off the walls out there. Expect it to be cramped, and busy. They're usually pretty full inside even with the patio, and fixing the patio isn't going to be a quick fix.

Food is good, but I wouldn't particularly call it stellar. Good luck finding a better small brewery in the area, though. They usually do real good on their sours and dark beers, and I've tolerated a few of their IPAs, and I generally despise IPAs.

#83 2 years ago

Everything booked. I'll be there with my wife

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

the breastaurant across the street.

Sold

#85 2 years ago

I may have to bail on this trip. Flights are ridiculous for me and was trying to meet a friend. Have the Embassy for Thur, Fri, and Sat nights I can have transferred. You can trim down the number of night stays as you wish. Also have 2 weekend passes I would sell at slight discount.

#86 2 years ago

Turbo, I'm interested.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’ll be there depending upon my schedule.

I’m going to find you just to ask you to pull up pics on your phone of the TRONLE and BM66LE I sold you in 2017.

Edit:
    It’s KG… formerly RandomKG on pinside.

Edit edit:
    Please drive to TX and bring me back my babies. They don’t make an emoji suitable for that TRONLE. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

#88 2 years ago

The Multimorphic crew will be there in full force. We're all excited to see everybody again!

Among other things, like a booth full of P3s and games, we'll also have a couple more crates of playfield glass (standard size). We expect the show to be hectic, so feel free to PM me to pre-order some and guarantee we have it there for you. $40/sheet.

See y'all soon.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#89 2 years ago

im going.. cant wait!!!

#90 2 years ago

I know that a few of the Pintastic Pinball & Game Room Expo staff are going. We will be wearing our Pintastic shirts.

-Derek Karamanian
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/

#91 2 years ago

Me (and 10 of the Pinball Life Mafia) will be there.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Me (and 10 of the Pinball Life Mafia) will be there.

Then I’m out! Jk

#93 2 years ago

FAST Pinball will be at TPF this year! It has been a while since we have made the trip to Texas.

Looking forward to hanging with some pinball friends and sharing a bit of what we have been working on lately.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

EDA78ABF-6E4E-4464-9D66-2688D01BB6CA (resized).jpegEDA78ABF-6E4E-4464-9D66-2688D01BB6CA (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #95 2 years ago

I’ll be there. My first TPF since getting into the hobby. Will be bringing The Big Lebowski and a lot of friends/family that have never been.
    It’s also basically on my birthday (3/24) so it’s the best present I could hope for.
    40 minutes from my house but staying at the convention center hotel to enjoy the whole experience more.
    Really enjoyed being at expo And being able to just pop down with my 7 year old for shifts on the floor.

#96 2 years ago

I will be in town for a work trip and excited to extend it to hit my first TPF!
    I was shooting for just Friday, are there lots of games/vendors there then? Or is Saturday worth staying for?

#97 2 years ago

There is so much to take in at TPF. You can hit all the vendors on Friday. If you are wanting to play a bunch it’s hard to get your fill in one day depending on what games you want to play. Now with Covid there may be less people but I doubt it. People are wanting to get out and do things. If you have the time Saturday is probably worth it if you are gonna be in town anyway.

TPF has grown and the last one almost every game had someone playing at all times. Was hard to find a machine not being played.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

I will be in town for a work trip and excited to extend it to hit my first TPF!
    I was shooting for just Friday, are there lots of games/vendors there then? Or is Saturday worth staying for?

400+ working pins in freeplay, 3 food trucks in the courtyard and lots of vendor seminars. This show is much better than Chicago Expo. As proof ten of the Pinball Life crew are going to TPF, but don’t usually go to Expo which is only a few miles away.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

40 minutes from my house but staying at the convention center hotel to enjoy the whole experience more.

Trust me you won't regret doing that. My first TPF was at Embassy Suites in Grapevine. I live in Richardson. It's not even as far as you'd be driving, but let me tell you.....after a full day of setting up games, fixing games, playing in the tournament and just meandering around....it SUCKS to have to drive 30+ minutes home to get like 5 hours of sleep, get up, drive back..

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

As proof ten of the Pinball Life crew are going to TPF...

This is true. We're coming in force to enjoy the festivities. No booth, no vending, no distractions (OK, Scott may DJ at some point, but the man likes to stay busy).
    Terry.

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2022-who-is-going/page/2?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.