(Topic ID: 297719)

TPF 2022 - Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By bluespin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bflagg
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_181208 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Here is the TPF 2022 Hotel, Food, Bars, etc. and after hours (no buy or sell) thread.

I also created a TPF 2022 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk) forum:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2022-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk#post-6415449

Link to official TPF website:
    https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Link to Pinside Event page for TPF 2022:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/texas-pinball-festival-2022

1 week later
    #2 2 years ago

Hope everyone got the room they wanted at the Embassy Suites... this will be our first time staying elsewhere. I was literally in the midst of an outpatient surgical procedure when the email went out this morning, and couldn't check on it until I got home... of course all the rooms were gone by then. I did get a reservation at the Homewood Suites which hopefully won't be too far away

#3 2 years ago

What was the TPF room rate this year? I decided not to take any chances and booked a room awhile ago at the best "regular" rate I could get which was about $200/night.

#4 2 years ago

I believe 140-160 per room

#5 2 years ago

Yeah uh...they were gone an hour or less after the email went out. Totally useless.

Whatever. It's 350 bucks I'll be keeping in my pocket. Not going to pay that kind of money to stay across the street without free alcohol. I'll just drive the 40 miles round trip. Hopefully someone in more dire need of a room (out of towners) got one instead.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah uh...they were gone an hour or less after the email went out. Totally useless.
    Whatever. It's 350 bucks I'll be keeping in my pocket. Not going to pay that kind of money to stay across the street without free alcohol. I'll just drive the 40 miles round trip. Hopefully someone in more dire need of a room (out of towners) got one instead.

Have friends up in Denton. Will be crashing on their guest bed. Save a lot on hotel costs then, apparently!

#7 2 years ago

The embassy suites was completely sold out but I got a room across the street at the Hyatt. It's actually a shorter walk from the show than to walk to the embassy rooms. Been missing my pinball buddies and catching up at the show.

#8 2 years ago

I’ve stayed at the Hyatt for a TPF. You can’t go wrong there either

#9 2 years ago

Stayed at the Hyatt twice , good place just a walk across the street.

2 months later
    #10 2 years ago

Be sure to eat at Tenders Smokehouse!! Way better than Hard 8 for those who are familiar with TPF.

Address: 4226 Preston Rd, Frisco, TX 75034

Menu: tendersmokehousebbq.com

3 months later
    #11 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

I’ve stayed at the Hyatt for a TPF. You can’t go wrong there either

which hyatt did you stay at? I see two listed on the site. Trying to book hotel now

#12 2 years ago

Anyone have experience staying at the Hilton Garden Inn? That was the place I chose when I missed out on the official hotel. We've always stayed at the Embassy for every previous show I've attended.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Anyone have experience staying at the Hilton Garden Inn? That was the place I chose when I missed out on the official hotel. We've always stayed at the Embassy for every previous show I've attended.

I haven’t stayed there, but I know people that have. Nice hotel. All of the hotels that are walking distance are nice. Aloft is probably the farthest walking distance.

1 week later
    #14 2 years ago

Any info on Homewood Suits? How far? Nice?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeHog:

Any info on Homewood Suits? How far? Nice?

Don't know how they are, but Google says it six tenths of a mile from the convention center. I guess that's really not that far. If you just want to be able
    to walk across the street, choose any of these: Drury Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt House or Tru by Hilton.

#16 2 years ago

If anyone has decided not to attend and has reservations at the Embassy suites, please allow me to take your spot rather than outright cancelling your room!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Hilton Garden was nice & right across the street. We are staying there again this year..

Wild pitch is listed as open too!

3 weeks later
    #18 2 years ago

Best steak or Mexican places within walking distance of the Embassy? Won’t have a car this year. Thanks.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Best steak or Mexican places within walking distance of the Embassy? Won’t have a car this year. Thanks.

Perry’s Steakhouse - across the street. Chuy’s - 10-15 minute walk (off Preston Road).

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Perry’s Steakhouse and Grill is across the street from the Embassy Suites and is really good.
    https://perryssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/dallas/frisco/

#21 2 years ago

Thank you both. Don’t know how I forgot about Perry’s. Been there before and it was great.

#22 2 years ago

Is there going to be a cigar meet up this year?

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Is there going to be a cigar meet up this year?

Always is. It is called "the Big Smoke".

#24 2 years ago

For what it's worth, I just canceled my reservation at the Hampton Inn for Friday and Saturday night. If you're looking for a room.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Always is. It is called "the Big Smoke".

Looking forward to this. My humidor is empty as I don't smoke much anymore - is this BYO or are there some available to purchase?

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Looking forward to this. My humidor is empty as I don't smoke much anymore - is this BYO or are there some available to purchase?

BYO death sticks. It is outside. I am sure you could bum one from someone or even trade your death sticks for another brand from others.

"The Big Smoke" should be mentioned somewhere on the TPF website.

#27 2 years ago

Any recommendations for a good place for dinner tonight? Going to Perry's tomorrow night. Looking for a burger restaurant or something similar. Not looking at fast food type place. Thank you

#28 2 years ago

http://www.holygrailpub.com/

Ate here last night. It was quite good.

#29 2 years ago

By the way, everyone under sells the pork chop at Perry's. Nothing should ever taste that freaking delicious!

20220325_181208 (resized).jpg20220325_181208 (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

By the way, everyone under sells the pork chop at Perry's. Nothing should ever taste that freaking delicious!
    [quoted image]

Yeah….that pork chop is good but Friday is the day to go….the lunch pork chop is the special on Friday’s.

#31 2 years ago

Ok…giving Wahlburgers a try….there is one in Frisco about a mile from TPF.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Ok…giving Wahlburgers a try….there is one in Frisco about a mile from TPF.

Thought about going there. One of these days I’ll give it a try.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from bflagg:

Thought about going there. One of these days I’ll give it a try.

Go there to check it off your to do list…. Not impressed. It was OK but nothing special.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Go there to check it off your to do list…. Not impressed. It was OK but nothing special.

That’s disappointing. The pics look good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2022-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.