New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 152938)

TPF 2016 + Pinside Booth = New Pinside T-Shirt!

By Xerico

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PavBall
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TPF_Shirts_(resized).png
Blue-Pinside-Youth_(resized).jpg
Blue-Pinside-Ladies_(resized).jpg
TPF_shirt_mockup_(resized).png
TPF_shirt_mockup_(resized).png

#1 4 years ago

Hi!

Pinside will have a dedicated booth at the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco, TX since Robin and Martijn, the co-founders of Pinside, will be attending. So visit the Pinside Booth and meet Robin, Martijn, NJGecko, Sealclubber, TigerLaw and Xerico (me).

There will be four pinball machines in our booth area. I expect to have a JJP Wizard Of OZ Emerald City LE, Bally Fathom, Bally Four Million B.C. and Stern Catacomb. All games will be on free play! Come challenge Robin to a game!

We will be selling Pinside T-shirts that are specifically designed for the 2016 TPF.

They will have the Pinside TPF Flyer on the back, ala a concert T-shirt, and a Pinside Logo on the front. The shirts will be 3/4 sleeve baseball style shirts. The back will have the TPF Pinside Flyer Ad.

T-shirt mockup

We will be offering them as a pre-sale for $25. Pre-order is the only way to insure your size. We offer Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2X-Large and 3X-Large.

For each pre-sale shirt sold, Pinside will donate $5 to the local Food Bank as part of Flip Off Hunger. This donation will cover three meals a day for five days for the unfortunate.

For each pre-sale shirt sold, a donation of $10 will be made to Pinside itself.

Orders will be taken until March 4th. Please send Xerico (me) a private message via Pinside Mail if you are interested in buying one.

If you cannot attend the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival, but would still like a shirt, I'm happy to ship at buyer's cost using the buyer's chosen shipping method.

Hope to see a lot of Pinsiders at the Pinsider Booth!

Pinside Staff

#2 4 years ago

Hm, tempting, and I wouldn't even need you to ship it.

#3 4 years ago

Yet *another* reason I wish I could come this year.

#4 4 years ago

Back looks cool. Front......not so good. Blah.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Back looks cool. Front......not so good. Blah.

The final version is going to look awesome. The one you are seeing is just a crude draft version. The blue will match and there will be no black background on the front.

#6 4 years ago

I have been conscripted by Marcus to spend time helping to sell some of these shirts at the Dallas Pinball Festival. Please come say hello!!

#7 4 years ago

maybe get RyanClaytor to do the design?

#8 4 years ago

I've finally gotten round spending some time on this shirt!

To be clear, the goal of this t-shirt is not to be an official Pinside shirt like the 2014 Ryan Claytor one (though I am working on these too, announcement later this year) but rather these are limited edition shirts to celebrate Pinside @ TPF2016. They will only be available to people who visit the Pinside TPF booth (hey, we might even give some away)!

We are probably going with a front side only design and the latest mockup looks like this:

Phew, Pinside TPF shirt mockup

#9 4 years ago

(Cool fact, all the words that make up the Pinside logo ball are in fact lifted straight form the Pinside forum database. The bigger the word, the more often it appears in Pinside posts).

#8 4 years ago

How about making the words in white say "It's All About Pinball" Just a thought

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

(Cool fact, all the words that make up the Pinside logo ball are in fact lifted straight form the Pinside forum database. The bigger the word, the more often it appears in Pinside posts).

I keep looking for "Beelzeboob." Must be one of the smaller ones.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

How about making the words in white say "It's All About Pinball" Just a thought

It took quite a while to render this image, from the many thousands of words in the Pinside forum database. When it was finished, it put the words "About Pinball" front and center. This was pure coincidence, but I liked it so much I kept this render for the TPF flyer (and now shirt).

There's probably only gonna be around 50-100 of these shirts printed (that's up to Marcus), so if you're going to be at TPF and planning to the Pinside booth you should definitely consider picking one up! Pre-order with Marcus (Xerico) to ensure we got your size ready for you.

#13 4 years ago

The blue one is much better.

#14 4 years ago

The other one was just a crude mockup. I have removed that image now, just to be clear

The image in my post is how the shirt is now planned.

#15 4 years ago

Are you going to put Pinside on the shirt somewhere?

#16 4 years ago

We will be offering a pre-sale of these shirts, with pick up available at the Pinside Booth at TPF.

The pre-order cost is $25 per shirt. Paypal gift is accepted. Send me a PM if you wish to pre-order your shirt.

We are offering Pinsiders an opportunity to purchase a shirt in their desired size by pre-ordering. Pre-Order will end on March 4th at 12pm Central Time so that we can get the order placed in plenty of time for TPF.

Sizes available by Pre-Order Only
Youths - XS, XL
Ladies - XL, 2XL
Adults - S, 4XL, 5XL

Sizes available by Pre-Order and will be available in limited quantities at the show. Shirts at 2016 TPF will be sold on first come, first serve basis.

Youths - S, M, L
Ladies - S, M, L
Adults - M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL

Here is a picture of the ladies shirt, with V-Neck

Ladies Pinside TPF Shirt

Here is a picture of the youth shirt.

Youth Pinside TPF Shirt

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Marcus

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

The other one was just a crude mockup. I have removed that image now, just to be clear
The image in my post is how the shirt is now planned.

Is there any plan to do a pinside shirt with the Pinside ball as the face of the MTV astronaut? I thought that was just killer.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Is there any plan to do a pinside shirt with the Pinside ball as the face of the MTV astronaut? I thought that was just killer.

Yeah I remember that one. That was a cool design for sure.

I would love to do an official run of that shirt, but if I recall correctly we had difficulty finding the original artist? That and I would need a hi-res copy of it.

#19 4 years ago

Really it just needs to be someone with the skills to put the two together. Astronaut images are not copyrighted.

Ryan????

#20 4 years ago

Just a reminder that the best way to insure that you get a t-shirt in your desired size is to pre-order.

Ladies and youth shirts will be in very limited quantities at TPF. So pre-order is the best way to make sure that you get a shirt in your style and size.

Thanks!

Marcus

#21 4 years ago

Cool shirt.

Sitting in biz/client meetings all the time, I see a lot of HR & mgmt PowerPoint slides that use that variable sized word method to produce a slide in their deck about the "words" their team members say about ....... Usually for internal marketing purposes

#22 4 years ago

I like how it says "balls, really" right in the middle.

#23 4 years ago

Apparently... They are Willaims balls, really.

#24 4 years ago

did you have to remove any words, like troll or price police ;P

ill be getting on at TPF, what % of the shirt is cotton? will they shrink?

#25 4 years ago

Are they super stretchy in the ab region ?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

did you have to remove any words, like troll or price police ;P
ill be getting on at TPF, what % of the shirt is cotton? will they shrink?

I believe they are 100% cotton. I'll double check to be sure.

Marcus

#27 4 years ago

Final day of pre-orders. If you want a shirt in any of the following sizes, pre-order is the only way to get it.

Pre-Order Sizes that will not be available at the show

Youths - XS, XL
Ladies - XL, 2XL
Adults - S, 4XL, 5XL

#28 4 years ago

I am bringing me Meteor because it will fit under my Tonneau, but do I have to put it in the Free Play area or can I put it at the booth?

#29 4 years ago

Hope you guys are in Chicago in October!!!! If so I will see you there!!!!

#30 4 years ago

Sealclubber,
I believe you will be able to put your machine in the Pinside section set on free play. If for some reason they don't let you, then you are welcome to place it in the ArkLaTx Pinball Club section, or the GCPC section.
I believe all three booth areas will be next to each other, and all are considered part of the overall free play area.

#31 4 years ago

Pre-Order is now closed!

Thanks to all that pre-ordered!

Marcus

1 week later
#32 4 years ago

Wish I would have seen this earlier. It would be cool if there was a "topic alert" or "dynamic lists" on pinside so you could have it automatically populate a list of threads with your desired keywords.

#33 4 years ago

If we have any shirts left after the event I'm sure Marcus would be happy to send one over to you.

The shirts are just in!

TPF_Shirts_(resized).png

#34 4 years ago

Wow, that shirt looks awesome... Is there any chance it'll ever be available to purchase besides at TPF? There's absolutely no way I can make it and that design is brilliant!

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Wow, that shirt looks awesome... Is there any chance it'll ever be available to purchase besides at TPF? There's absolutely no way I can make it and that design is brilliant!

Sure. If anyone wants this shirt, send me a PM with your shirt size, mailing address and email.

Marcus

#36 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who came by the Pinside booth to say hello. I got great ideas and feedback and am super happy with the kind comments y'all made

I'm leaving Dallas for Austin now. Maybe I'll see some of you tonight at Pinballz!

#37 4 years ago

That's just awful. We Europeans must band together and not say the word y'all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside