(Topic ID: 155419)

TPF 2016 - Impressions thread & wrap-up

By NicoVolta

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-22_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(1)_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(2)_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3781_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3799_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3825_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3729_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3733_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3849_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3812_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3830_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Whysnow_(resized).jpg
    Lumbergh_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turboprop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

My First trip to TPF & 1st time as an exhibitor,

West Texas Ballers brought 5 pins. Apollo 13, Metallica, Walking Dead, Frankenstein & T2. The only game I had any trouble with was T2 & if a friend was not familiar with Evan the Pin smith the game would have stayed broken down all weekend. I would suggest the show personal provide exhibitors with a list of people working at the show who can do repairs on the fly and get pins back in action. People were lined up the whole show to play our pins and that was very flattering to see. We also received a ton of complements on the home made custom Metallica topper and Walking Dead home made custom mods.

I would like to see an award system for owner fabricated custom mod work. Seems like all the modern awards were based on how much cash you paid out to mod vendors or if your purchase a pimped out LE pin from the manufacturer. Not knocking mods, I also purchase a lot of mods, lol but also try to ad a personal touch to all my pins.

Overall, I Had a great time at the show and it seemed to be run very well. The hotel was very nice.

Thank you to all the people who volunteered their time and to those who volunteered their machines to make this show happen and put a smile on so many peoples faces this past weekend.

RWH

#44 8 years ago

I did notice several games that once the sold sign came out were mysteriously turned off and not functioning. lol. It is cool to sell the old game but follow the rules and leave it on until the show is over.

For vendors: I was sure hoping to find cup holders and glass at the show. Those are the two things that always seem to be to pricy to ship for me to purchase.

#48 8 years ago

Didn't here the speech. I was busy taking care of pins. 90s pins aren't modern most everything
    Done On them is restoration work or custom work. most of the modern class seemed to be store bought mods & LE equipped machines. The kiss backglass lighting was cool.

As I said before I would like to see a category for home built mods not pro mod stuff in the
    Modern category.

#116 8 years ago

Papi: I was there for the awards but didn't here the speech leading up to it. As for the rest I am saddened to hear that you where offended.
    I guess purchasing mass produced mods and putting them on a machine is personalizing it to your taste. I do my share of that but
    I would rather see more one of a kind customization.

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Am I missing something or did you just post 4 peoples personal phone numbers by showing those text messages?

Let's give them a call & see if they mind. Lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turboprop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2016-impressions-thread-wrap-up?tu=turboprop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.