(Topic ID: 155419)

TPF 2016 - Impressions thread & wrap-up

By NicoVolta

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-22_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(1)_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(2)_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3781_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3799_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3825_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3729_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3733_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3849_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3812_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3830_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Whysnow_(resized).jpg
    Lumbergh_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Just wanted to thank all of the people that worked so hard to put the show on. It had to be a ton of work. There were a ton of great games from EM to modern and for the most part everyone was friendly and respectful. It was great to meet a few new people and talk with some people that are doing restores that I had not met before. I played numerous games that I had not seen before.

My favorite games at the show were the restored fathom and Embryon from Keith Holbrook. Amazing job restoring both games from beaters to high end works of art. From modern games I really enjoyed KISS, Full Throttle, and Ghost Busters. I was surprised how much I liked KISS for all of the heat it's been getting on the forum.

The ColorDMD LED display looks amazing, extremely bright and crisp. Really looking forward to it being available.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

At this time I do not plan to come back to TPF

So many words for someone that is not coming back. All of your statements that I have seen about TPF so far have been really blown out of proportion. No show will be perfect, no tourney will make everyone happy, no show will have 100% functioning games, every show has a few beaters brought in that shouldn't be there, etc. If you are so passionate about change use your time and hands to make things better before and during the event, not your words after it's over.

I go to several shows and TPF is by far the best and pretty much gets better every year. The staff learns from mistakes and improves, not sure what more you want.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to go back as I had a great time. I just dont have the funds/time off to attend every show every year.

um... That is all I would want. LISTEN to feedback and make improvements. If you dont get any feedback then you are already losing. If you dont listen then feedback is pointless. If you dont adjust to feedback then that is your choice.
    Trust me that other competitors had similar feelings and thoughts. I understand why they dont share them as there are always people to berate anyone that provides feedback even when constructive. I want the show to get better. If I did not enjoy it and did not provide feedback then you would know I did not care
    No show will ever be perfect, but TPF has all the puzzle pieces in place to get as close as you can to perfect. If they continue to take feedback and make improvements then they could end up being the greatest pinball show of all time.

I get that. I jut think it would be more professional to have gotten the tourney directors email along with some others involved and give your suggestions that way. Airing it on a forum just comes across as complaining even if it's not meant that way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2016-impressions-thread-wrap-up?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.