(Topic ID: 155419)

TPF 2016 - Impressions thread & wrap-up

By NicoVolta

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-22_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(1)_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(2)_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3781_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3799_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3825_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3729_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3733_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3849_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3812_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3830_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Whysnow_(resized).jpg
    Lumbergh_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I saw that someone else already replied to this, but...
    What in the world else are pinball machines meant for? I managed arcades in the past, and if our games had people playing them solid for 12-14 hours, it was a success. If they broke, but made a ton of money for the week, that was something good. The majority of our games didn't break.

I think the point that was trying to be made was that some/many games suffer from weakened flippers as the coils heat up due to non-stop play. Normally, this is not something the games have experienced out on location but yes, in some cases, they do if they get a lot of back to back play during peek hours.

I know we have seen when games were brand new this kind of issue since people were waiting with coins across the playfield glass. Let the coils cool down and everything is great again. I know there was a discussion somewhere about installing fans to cool the flipper coils on games like LOTR.

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Sorry they weren't perfect. I really tried my best. It was an overwhelming task. My intension going into this show was to bring to what I had thought was our most solid games that should give us the least amount of headaches over the weekend. I had a lot of games to manage BY MYSELF and honestly under the circumstances I did the best I could. I received a few texts throughout the weekend, and most issues I had fixed in minutes.
    Between my personal games I brought:
    Tron LE
    Iron Man
    Metallica
    Super Spin
    Ice Cold Beer
    - The games in the FUN!
    Pinball Magic (went down Saturday afternoon)
    Playboy 35th
    Champion Pub
    Spiderman
    Iron Man
    AC/DC
    No Fear
    Attack From Mars
    Drop A Card (went down Friday night)
    Triple Strike (went down Friday night)
    Big Buck Hunter 2006
    Williams Multicade
    + One of the Hobbits was ours
    + All the machines in the Chicago Gaming Booth
    Arcade Legends 3
    Ms Pac-Galaga Combo
    3 x Medieval Madness Remakes
    Playboy 35th was driving me nuts all weekend. Takes 3 balls to play. However for some reason to which I can't understand it seemed like one ball would mysteriously disappear. I lifted the playfield, ran coil tests, checked under plastics and it was gone. So I put another ball in as the game said "1 ball missing". Check back on it later and there would be 4 balls in it? Where a ball was getting stuck was beyond me.
    How many did you bring and maintain?

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideIMG_2242_(resized).PNG Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideIMG_2243_(resized).PNG Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideIMG_2244_(resized).PNG Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideIMG_2245_(resized).PNG

Am I missing something or did you just post 4 peoples personal phone numbers by showing those text messages?

#154 8 years ago

Poor RoGo. I actually like the game (well, maybe not THAT rogo though). I find it more entertaining to play than Space Time/Time Zone. I like the art, just not their choice of colors. Its too bad they didn't try again on a different set of colors. They almost had it with the first go:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1969&picno=7141

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2016-impressions-thread-wrap-up?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.