(Topic ID: 155419)

TPF 2016 - Impressions thread & wrap-up

By NicoVolta

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-22_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(1)_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(2)_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3781_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3799_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3825_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3729_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3733_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3849_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3812_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3830_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Whysnow_(resized).jpg
    Lumbergh_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

It was great to meet you and play those incredible machines in the Vector booth. (There's nothing quite like the smell of fresh paint and varnish when you're playing a 50-year-old machine!) Thanks so much for your patience in answering all my questions, and for sharing your knowledge. I'll be bothering you in a few months with lots more questions!

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I confirm, BFK's statement is true.
    images_(2)_(resized).jpg

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Yes... I'll say it. This got under my skin real bad. I spent countless hours restoring a game for everyone to enjoy and to see how it would stack up with the judges. Was thrilled it sold early on but every time I walked by it and it was turned off (not broken) it hurt. Hurt more when I found out it couldn't be judged to for reasons I don't feel the need to share in a forum right now.
    Needles to say the new owners took something away from me that I can't get back. That's the pride of seeing people enjoy the fruits if my labor.
    Other than that it was another outstanding TPF.

That's horseshit, brother. I'm sorry that happened to you. What machine was it? I'd be happy to tell you how awesome it was (I'm a big fan of restorations!).

#65 8 years ago

Because it's so much work to put together, and it's something I would never dream of doing, I don't criticize the little things.

I think TPF was as close to perfect as a show gets...but we'll see what Pintastic has in store this year. It was pretty damn perfect as well last year!

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

So returned today to the Netherlands after a great TPF (first time visit, only like 24 hr travel 1way...)
    Having organized twice Dutch Pinball Open DPO expo (approx 160-170 pinballs and around 165 tournament players) I know what it takes off personal effort to organize a show like this. Respect respect for all the work put into it.
    Everything appeared to run smoothly and saw a lot of people having a good time and that's what drives the volunteers. Take good care of them !!
    And yes there will always be criticized. Listen to it and don't go direct in defensive positions (which is very difficult I know from personal experience). There is always something which can be improved but keep it workable and again, take good care of the volunteers !
    So, congratulations to everybody envolved for a job well done !!

It was great to meet you, and hope to cross paths with you again someday!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2016-impressions-thread-wrap-up?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.