(Topic ID: 155419)

TPF 2016 - Impressions thread & wrap-up

By NicoVolta

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-22_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(1)_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(2)_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3781_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3799_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3825_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3729_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3733_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3849_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3812_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3830_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Whysnow_(resized).jpg
    Lumbergh_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 8 years ago

The only games that I saw that were consistently down were the ones in the FUN! area. All of those that I played except for Iron Man had trough issues or pop bumpers firing on every flip.

As others have noted, the other games that went down were back up pretty fast, even Special Force. I was bummed when Godzilla was off with a note on it but I came back an hour later and it'd been fixed.

Great job everyone!

1 week later
    #186 8 years ago

What is licensing in Dallas like? Could you operate your own machines there? Not to be flippant, but seems like an option that could be worth exploring.

#191 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

We have no league here, but it would have to start in a private setting if we did.

I believe the rule is that events at undisclosed locations ( not posted publicly via the ifpa listing) that have fewer than 16 players can only occur at the same place three or four times per year.

#194 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

I believe the rule is that events at undisclosed locations ( not posted publicly via the ifpa listing) that have fewer than 16 players can only occur at the same place three or four times per year.

Eh - it's harsher than I thought:

"There are no limitations to how many events any particular location or organizer can hold. For any tournaments submitted to the IFPA calendar as ‘private’, the IFPA requires a minimum of 16 players to attend for that tournament to be endorsed for WPPR points. The IFPA now requires a full address in the calendar submission, and it is understandable for tournament directors to want to host IFPA endorsed tournaments out of their homes and not have their full address made public. Any private tournament that fails to reach 16 players will not be endorsed for WPPR points."

As written though, a league hosted at private locations would not be subject to this rule, as leagues and tournaments are clearly defined as separate things. Not sure if this is the intent but looks to me like you can have a public league at a private location even if there are only four or five players.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2016-impressions-thread-wrap-up?tu=Law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.