3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Captive_Ball
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-22_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(1)_(resized).jpg
    2016-03-22_(2)_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3781_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3799_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3825_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3729_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3733_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3849_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3812_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3830_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Whysnow_(resized).jpg
    Lumbergh_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Update: Our photographer captured a lot of nice photos from our area and around TPF... are you here? https://arianaby.smugmug.com/Professional/Texas-Pinball-Festival-VECTOR/

Lots of great pictures in there, thanks for posting!

#152 3 years ago

I think we now have an unofficial "People's Choice" award for the most roached out game that is still working and yet also still terrible.

Like OMG, how did this survive? Why does this exist?

I noticed this just after the Awards Ceremony/Raffle.

May I present Ro-Go. Ugly game (even restored), Cab Roached, Play-field Roached, Rubbers broken, Game Terrible, and yet somehow still working at the end of the show.

Maybe the guy was being nice, should have said "Roached" award...

2016-03-22_(2)_(resized).jpg

2016-03-22_(1)_(resized).jpg

2016-03-22_(resized).jpg

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

I think we now have an unofficial "People's Choice" award for the most roached out game that is still working and yet also still terrible.
    Like OMG, how did this survive? Why does this exist?
    I noticed this just after the Awards Ceremony/Raffle.
    May I present Ro-Go. Ugly game (even restored), Cab Roached, Play-field Roached, Rubbers broken, Game Terrible, and yet somehow still working at the end of the show.
    Maybe the guy was being nice, should have said "Roached" award...

OMG that's funny! I jokingly said to my friend while we were playing another game in that line, "Did you see that Roached Go down there?"

That poor game doesn't get any love.

#154 3 years ago

Poor RoGo. I actually like the game (well, maybe not THAT rogo though). I find it more entertaining to play than Space Time/Time Zone. I like the art, just not their choice of colors. Its too bad they didn't try again on a different set of colors. They almost had it with the first go:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1969&picno=7141

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Poor RoGo. I actually like the game (well, maybe not THAT rogo though). I find it more entertaining to play than Space Time/Time Zone. I like the art, just not their choice of colors. Its too bad they didn't try again on a different set of colors. They almost had it with the first go:
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1969&picno=7141

That early production blue color is a better choice than the washed out green. Although it was in rough shape I enjoyed a few games on it at the show.

#157 3 years ago

A few suggestions for keeping games up that we implemented at the Seattle show that have really helped:

-We do repair parties at various collector's houses about every 2 weeks for the 4-5 months leading up to the show. People bring their pins, vids, parts, etc. and help each other diagnose and fix, bulletproof, and teach newbies repair basics. It's great for networking, trading, improving the collective repair knowledge and we have noticed a huge uptick in the quality of games that get volunteered for the show.

-For people not babysitting their pins, volunteer to hold a set of their keys and have some repair tech volunteers to help clear stuck balls, fix minor problems, etc. We actually have everyone give a set of keys to a central location and have a dozen repair techs that will do board and bigger repairs if they can. It keeps down times for small stuff to 10-15 minutes and the number of machines down on the floor to a minimum. It's a lot of work, but attendees will appreciate it and you won't get a lot of griping about so many games being down.

Cheers!

#158 3 years ago

I (stacy) know that I helped a few people on some EMs (admittedly one cardboard-wedge fix) and doing a quick reflow on a few surface mount parts for a board that someone brought by the Vector area (no idea for what game) as well as loading up games with credits that have no freeplay mode or just not set up for it.

Stev-o and various Vector members (and Jeff Frick ) were picking up the pieces that Evan just couldn't get to or needed more than 10-15min of work. Jay and Nick were especially great in this effort.

For me, I am still somewhat puzzled by the people who own games and have no idea how to diagnose what is wrong or repair them. To me, it seems that that would be very expensive very quickly to call a guy for $150 to fix a couple of cracked cold solder joints. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

-For people not babysitting their pins, volunteer to hold a set of their keys and have some repair tech volunteers to help clear stuck balls, fix minor problems, etc. We actually have everyone give a set of keys to a central location and have a dozen repair techs that will do board and bigger repairs if they can. It keeps down times for small stuff to 10-15 minutes and the number of machines down on the floor to a minimum. It's a lot of work, but attendees will appreciate it and you won't get a lot of griping about so many games being down.
    Cheers!

This is exactly how we do it at DPO.

There are people who take pleasure in the repairing and not in playing afyer all. So we had like 10 engineers who do the repair stuff. People delivering games have to give the keys (with a cellphone number) at a central location.

Small stuff is all repaired for free. If expensive parts are required or difficult board repair the owner is contacted.

We had the last two years approx 170 pins running and almost none of them was down for more than a hour

And yes, we do some screening on what people bring in. In the past you got sometimes broken machines where the owners thought we would repair them for free ......

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Update: Our photographer captured a lot of nice photos from our area and around TPF... are you here? https://arianaby.smugmug.com/Professional/Texas-Pinball-Festival-VECTOR/

I think I most admired the games in your booth. Very, very nicely done!!

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

A few suggestions for keeping games up that we implemented at the Seattle show that have really helped:
    -We do repair parties at various collector's houses about every 2 weeks for the 4-5 months leading up to the show. People bring their pins, vids, parts, etc. and help each other diagnose and fix, bulletproof, and teach newbies repair basics. It's great for networking, trading, improving the collective repair knowledge and we have noticed a huge uptick in the quality of games that get volunteered for the show.
    Cheers!

I think we drink too much Just saying....

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Would it be too much to ask one of the judges for the awards to list all of the winners here and maybe some comments on the machines? I couldn't hear any of the comments about the machines that were made during the ceremony and didn't even hear some of the winners due to the low muffled PA.

Typically the organizers put it up on the TPF 2016 show / main page.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

I got to play the Star Trek Mirror Universe game for the first time. I was most impressed by the Nixie tube displays. That has to be the only game in the world with those installed, right? So amazing.

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it.
    No, I think a couple of ?Italy? machines had nixie tubes. I stole the idea from a Xenon at TPF many years ago. However, I had to reverse engineering the existing plasma displays and make it work for the nixies. Was a lot of fun!

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah we did! Cool yeah man might not be a bad idea to get an Instagram for some free marketing when people see the links or hash tags

awesome, thanks for the tip, I will setup an account. Thanks again man, had a lot of fun playing the games with you.

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

on some EMs (admittedly one cardboard-wedge fix)

oh common it was a extra rubber not cardboard!

--Jeff

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I brought the Fireball. I wish I had known this. I would have pulled the plunger out to clean it.

Your Fireball was awesome and the plunger was perfect. I dialed in the skill shot immediately and during finals hit it 5 for 5 in my game. Unfortunately, I couldn't lock any more balls or else I would have had more skill shots. Beautiful condition!

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it.
    No, I think a couple of ?Italy? machines had nixie tubes. I stole the idea from a Xenon at TPF many years ago. However, I had to reverse engineering the existing plasma displays and make it work for the nixies. Was a lot of fun!

I actually have a website bookmarked that has a modular Nixie tube breakout board available for (I think) $25 per tube. Planning on using them for the score display on a full custom steam punk Airship Pirates themed game I'm doodling up rough designs for right now.

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hardsuit:

I actually have a website bookmarked that has a modular Nixie tube breakout board available for (I think) $25 per tube. Planning on using them for the score display on a full custom steam punk Airship Pirates themed game I'm doodling up rough designs for right now.

This sounds awesome!

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

awesome, thanks for the tip, I will setup an account. Thanks again man, had a lot of fun playing the games with you.

Wearing your shirt to league tonight

#170 3 years ago

It took a little longer to finish, but here's the link to Pinball Magazine's report on the IAAPA Amusement Expo in Las Vegas and Texas Pinball Festival 2016, both held last week: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2952

#171 3 years ago

metahugh, I was the one there at your Volley when you arrived with the E-clip from Lowes, and played that first game afterward. I had played it earlier in the show as well; it's a beautiful machine, and played great! Thank you very much for bringing it and keeping it going!

Brad

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hardsuit:

I *may* have 3-5 displays in various states of assembly... if you want something.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ruger:

Your Fireball was awesome and the plunger was perfect. I dialed in the skill shot immediately and during finals hit it 5 for 5 in my game. Unfortunately, I couldn't lock any more balls or else I would have had more skill shots. Beautiful condition!

Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot to me.

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I *may* have 3-5 displays in various states of assembly... if you want something.

Ugg, no, please. I have enough on my plate just getting my retheme of Student Prince to Polynesia done properly first, and I'm already distracting myself as it is with the ideas for Airship Pirates and Tiki Hut: Curse of the Black Pearl full customs..

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Wearing your shirt to league tonight

Awesome about the shirt, thanks for the support. I just setup my Instagram account.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hardsuit:

Ugg, no, please. I have enough on my plate just getting my retheme of Student Prince to Polynesia done properly first, and I'm already distracting myself as it is with the ideas for Airship Pirates and Tiki Hut: Curse of the Black Pearl full customs.

BWWWAAAHHAHA. Good, because I really have enough on my plate too.
    See - I know the feeling all too well.

#178 3 years ago

One thing I forgot to mention earlier

Would be good to have the seminars recorded. Just a fixed HD camerA recording the seminars and afterwards throw them on YouTube

Small effort

#179 3 years ago

Less A/C please, unless it gets really warm in the game hall.....

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nickattac:

I wonder how long it will be till Texas becomes the new mecca of pinball. Every year this show happens I feel like we get closer.

Crawling, maybe. Austin and Houston have it right. Dallas and all of the north half of Texas, is failing, utterly and horribly, at promoting pinball. With only two VIABLE locations that have multiple pins that I'm aware of (Sorry, I love Free Play Arcade, but they haven't shown the skill and/or willingness to have their pins stand up to constant abuse AND play well....not even great....just well. Here's hoping that changes, as their arcade games are pretty choice, IMO.) We have very few tournaments, no leagues to speak of, and those two locations frankly aren't great for supporting tourneys OR leagues IMO.

Don't think the guys in ATX/HOU have any idea just how lucky they are. Their areas may become very important to pinball over the next few years, but Dallas? Hah. Keep on dreaming. We have far too many hermits and "good old boys" around the area for anyone to care to do the things that are necessary to have a functional community up here, and I was tired of beating my head against that wall a year ago. Things can always change, of course, but I'm not holding my breath.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Dallas and all of the north half of Texas, is failing, utterly and horribly, at promoting pinball.

Except for putting on what is probably the best overall show in the country.

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

Except for putting on what is probably the best overall show in the country.

One event doesn't make a mecca.

*Edit* I edited out the last part, because upon re-reading, it may have seemed like a masked personal attack when it was intended as a joke that wouldn't be allowed on Pinside.

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

One event doesn't make a mecca, <moderated comment>.

True, it doesn't. Dallas location play and competitive scene doesn't compare to Austin, Houston, or OKC, but to say Dallas is "terrible at promoting pinball" is ridiculous hyperbole and does a great disservice to the large collector community that puts a lot of effort into putting on the TPF.

#184 3 years ago

I swear, you talk one bar into having 4-6 machines, start a pinball league and play there with a weekly tournament open to anyone, and a pinball scene will start. You just gotta plant the seed and water it a little.

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I swear, you talk one bar into having 4-6 machines, start a pinball league and play there with a weekly tournament open to anyone, and a pinball scene will start. You just gotta plant the seed and water it a little.

Find me a bar within 50 miles of downtown Dallas that has 4 functional pinball games. You can't. lol

Hopefully we have someone that may remedy that in the future. *cough* But it's going to be quite a wait. I ran a league here almost two years ago. We had regulars, that showed up, but casual players? No. Rarely did any of the casual players come out, and even when they did, often they just showed up for an hour or two to schmooze, and didn't actually participate. Take that with the whole private residence points nerf thing from WPPR 5.0 and it was death to competitive pinball in Dallas, really.

I can't sustain a league in this area on two public locations, one of which only usually has 3-4 functional machines (it's a theatre, okay? Last time we had a major tournament there, someone pulled the fire alarm two or three times. It took FOREVER.), the other of which is a FEC jammed to the gills with young children (They mostly have done a heroic job of supporting the local community. I feel bad for the owner, he can't possibly be making money on pinball... I would be shocked. 20 cents a play for Game of Thrones? THANK YOU!), and my condo, which is like.. 896 square feet....with my condo having been the main location before. I was really grateful for the core group of 4 or 5 people that showed up almost every week, but without all these "community lurkers"....the people that DON'T play pinball competitively, no prize pool to speak of (I was insistent on running a free or low-fee league, because the non-comp people complain that the same few win all the time... did they come out despite that? NO. Lesson learned.), and other collectors that won't open up their collections to the league.... it just doesn't make sense.

We had a league at the FEC place that went a little while, but there was issues with us being there past their close time due to everyone's schedules and it got kind of ugly, and then it just basically fell apart, which is a shame. There were two "noobs" that were coming regularly and both were REALLY good players with a lot of potential. I miss it. Anyways, the point is either I'm not the right person to lead this effort (I tried....find it hard to believe that it's just ME though. I had *great* turnout at the standalone tournaments I ran, and no real negative comments?) or it's just the local community and locations. I don't know how to convince all these hermits to get out of their home arcades and play with everyone else. You don't have to take 1st place every week to have fun, and you don't have to chase IFPA points if you don't care. I clearly can't convince these people to participate...hopefully someone else will figure it out. Sooner than later.

Anyways... I'll get off my high horse now on that.

Quoted from GolfKill:

large collector community that puts a lot of effort into putting on the TPF.

Pretty sure the vast majority of people that display games and make TPF "happen" are not located in Dallas. Ken, Paul, and Ed I'm fairly certain do a lion's share of the actual work for making sure we all have a place to haul our crap to every year. At one point I would've loved to be involved with the logisitics of TPF, but you can't screw with something that's already as close to perfect as it's likely going to get. But aside from that, the show doesn't happen without non-locals. And I say that AS a local, and AS someone that just missed his first TPF, having previously taken games every year prior since I got in the hobby, as much as five or six games, so I'm no slouch.

If I could go back in time, I would've gone to TPF instead of Nationals. It was nice to finally meet the Sharpe bros. and see some other high level players, but I got buried first round, which was a huge blow to me. It really firmly demonstrated to me that the high levels of IFPA *is* a sport, and either you live in a "mecca" or you don't, and if you don't, you don't stand a chance. I believe that local promotion is the way to move forward, and I have an idea of something that could tie into TPF to assist with that, but I have a lot of thinking to do, and a lot of issues outside the pinball universe to settle first before I would consider putting myself back into that kind of time commitment....it's something positive to think about for me though.

Can say one thing with certainty...I'm not going to ever miss TPF again for another tournament. No way.

#186 3 years ago

What is licensing in Dallas like? Could you operate your own machines there? Not to be flippant, but seems like an option that could be worth exploring.

#187 3 years ago

From what I have been able to gather, after insurance and licensing from state, county AND city you better have a good location to turn a profit.

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Crawling, maybe. Austin and Houston have it right. Dallas and all of the north half of Texas, is failing, utterly and horribly, at promoting pinball. With only two VIABLE locations that have multiple pins that I'm aware of (Sorry, I love Free Play Arcade, but they haven't shown the skill and/or willingness to have their pins stand up to constant abuse AND play well....not even great....just well. Here's hoping that changes, as their arcade games are pretty choice, IMO.) We have very few tournaments, no leagues to speak of, and those two locations frankly aren't great for supporting tourneys OR leagues IMO.
    Don't think the guys in ATX/HOU have any idea just how lucky they are. Their areas may become very important to pinball over the next few years, but Dallas? Hah. Keep on dreaming. We have far too many hermits and "good old boys" around the area for anyone to care to do the things that are necessary to have a functional community up here, and I was tired of beating my head against that wall a year ago. Things can always change, of course, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Houston is actually very similar to Dallas. We have next to nothing in the way of location pinball. The few locations there are, the games are in a pretty bad state. We also have the same old guard of collectors and flippers. All great guys, just more interested in collecting than playing the game.

Despite these obstacles, we've managed to grow a pretty vibrant pinball scene. Our regular league location is not a pinball location at all, but a bar next to a retail shop in downtown, and the owner was kind enough to loan 6 games every week. We didn't have a good location, so we made one! Moreover, you have to market outside of the "old guard." The SCPL has thrived almost entirely on new comers. Advertise on Reddit, post flyers, talk to people at the arcade, encourage people to bring friends, etc. If you make a fun, inclusive environment, the new comers will enjoy it, and they'll stick around.

My hope is that we can keep the momentum rolling, and that somehow this will translate into more location pinball. That may be a pipedream, but we'll see what happens!

#189 3 years ago

What can you tell me about the private residence points nerfing? Does that mean a league in a private residence gets less points?

We have no league here, but it would have to start in a private setting if we did.

#190 3 years ago

My wife and I had a great time at TPF! She ended up ordering a Ghostbusters LE after playing it there. This is a great hobby. We have several pins and some arcade games and every party we have is special because people have a great time playing the machines. I love my PS4, but there is not substitute for the interactive feel, lights and sound of a great pinball machine or classic arcade. I am fortunate my wife is as much into this as i am.

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

We have no league here, but it would have to start in a private setting if we did.

I believe the rule is that events at undisclosed locations ( not posted publicly via the ifpa listing) that have fewer than 16 players can only occur at the same place three or four times per year.

#192 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

I think Houston is actually very similar to Dallas. We have next to nothing in the way of location pinball. The few locations there are, the games are in a pretty bad state. We also have the same old guard of collectors and flippers. All great guys, just more interested in collecting than playing the game.
    Despite these obstacles, we've managed to grow a pretty vibrant pinball scene. Our regular league location is not a pinball location at all, but a bar next to a retail shop in downtown, and the owner was kind enough to loan 6 games every week. We didn't have a good location, so we made one! Moreover, you have to market outside of the "old guard." The SCPL has thrived almost entirely on new comers. Advertise on Reddit, post flyers, talk to people at the arcade, encourage people to bring friends, etc. If you make a fun, inclusive environment, the new comers will enjoy it, and they'll stick around.
    My hope is that we can keep the momentum rolling, and that somehow this will translate into more location pinball. That may be a pipedream, but we'll see what happens!

One of the big issues Dallas has that is probably even worse in Houston is travel time. It's hard for people on one side of a metro area to make it to the other side of a metro area on a weeknight after work. How did you guys handle that, or do most of your players come from the same part of Houston that you play league in?

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

If I could go back in time, I would've gone to TPF instead of Nationals. It was nice to finally meet the Sharpe bros. and see some other high level players, but I got buried first round, which was a huge blow to me.

This is the wrong way to think of it. TPF will always be there, but you may only have one chance in your life to go to Nationals, it's a hard tournament to earn your way into. If you got blown out, you got blown out by the best in the nation, and there's no shame in that. Plus you get to see how you match up against the best. It should serve as a motivator.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

I believe the rule is that events at undisclosed locations ( not posted publicly via the ifpa listing) that have fewer than 16 players can only occur at the same place three or four times per year.

Eh - it's harsher than I thought:

"There are no limitations to how many events any particular location or organizer can hold. For any tournaments submitted to the IFPA calendar as ‘private’, the IFPA requires a minimum of 16 players to attend for that tournament to be endorsed for WPPR points. The IFPA now requires a full address in the calendar submission, and it is understandable for tournament directors to want to host IFPA endorsed tournaments out of their homes and not have their full address made public. Any private tournament that fails to reach 16 players will not be endorsed for WPPR points."

As written though, a league hosted at private locations would not be subject to this rule, as leagues and tournaments are clearly defined as separate things. Not sure if this is the intent but looks to me like you can have a public league at a private location even if there are only four or five players.

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

One of the big issues Dallas has that is probably even worse in Houston is travel time. It's hard for people on one side of a metro area to make it to the other side of a metro area on a weeknight after work. How did you guys handle that, or do most of your players come from the same part of Houston that you play league in?

Luckily, the location that we play at each week (Joystix Classic Games & Pinballs) is in downtown Houston which, given the layout of the city, is as centrally located as you can get for everyone. Our league members travel from all parts of the city during rush hour, but since most of the traffic is all flowing back out into the suburbs in the evening, it's not too challenging making it into downtown (two of my friends and I have about a 30 minute commute into town from the Clear Lake area and it's usually not too bad).

Phil has done a phenomenal job coordinating and marketing our league and we have gone from around 15-20 attendees consistently each week last season to around 30-40 consistently each week this season! While we're obviously there to play pinball, I think people are even more motivated to show up because we all just have a great time visiting and grabbing some drinks. Our sponsor/venue is also a fantastic location and since he is a distributor, we are getting to play on the newest machines as soon as they arrive, with a few oldie-but-goodies thrown in as well.

I think the venue and selection of games is a huge part in making a league successful and understand that may be difficult in many areas, but the overall organization and making people feel involved and welcome will also contribute to its success. That's what Phil has done incredibly well and why we all look forward to hanging out with each other every week.

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from BD_Designs:

Phil has done a phenomenal job coordinating and marketing our league and we have gone from around 15-20 attendees consistently each week last season to around 30-40 consistently each week this season! While we're obviously there to play pinball, I think people are even more motivated to show up because we all just have a great time visiting and grabbing some drinks. Our sponsor/venue is also a fantastic location and since he is a distributor, we are getting to play on the newest machines as soon as they arrive, with a few oldie-but-goodies thrown in as well.
    I think the venue and selection of games is a huge part in making a league successful and understand that may be difficult in many areas, but the overall organization and making people feel involved and welcome will also contribute to its success. That's what Phil has done incredibly well and why we all look forward to hanging out with each other every week.

+1,000,000

#197 3 years ago

Hmm... I can talk to the other VECTOR guys at the Dallas Makerspace, maybe we can set up a semi regular (say every 3 months) open tournament at the DMS. It would probably depend upon having people bring in machines to play in addition to whatever is fully playable in the current roster in the VECTOR area at the Makerspace. Say every 2-4 months, Saturday open tournament with setup being available Fridays and teardown on Sundays?

The DMS is located just north of the 35E and 635 interchange at 1825 Monetary Lane, Suite 104, Carrollton, TX 75006.

#198 3 years ago

Sounds like a winner to me. I would haul a game along and compete.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

This is the wrong way to think of it. TPF will always be there, but you may only have one chance in your life to go to Nationals, it's a hard tournament to earn your way into. If you got blown out, you got blown out by the best in the nation, and there's no shame in that. Plus you get to see how you match up against the best. It should serve as a motivator.

I got blown out by myself. Not even scoring 10 million on GOT was just horrible, and even then I lost by ONE shot because I picked the orbit instead of the ramp and didn't get control back. Just stupid, stupid decisions, both in games to pick and what I did with them. Joe Kosack is the one that whacked me, and clearly I don't need to feel bad about losing to him since he ended up in the final four. I'm just embarassed with my own performance, is all.

I went because it was something I consider once-in-a-lifetime, but the less times I can remember doing that poorly at something...maybe the better. It's a really bitter pill to go out first round, it's going to take a while to get that taste out. I've already signed up for one tournament next month...I guess I'm not down and out yet.

#200 3 years ago

Hey, can someone that picked up a program at TPF do me a favor and spin through it and see if there is an ad for the NW Pinball & Arcade Show? I sent one in, but never got any confirmation or anything, so I wanna make sure it ran. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 259.99
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Batman 66 Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside