(Topic ID: 319698)

ToyStory4: ball ping ponging between kickers!

By brothersun

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by brothersun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you seen this behavior on Toy Story 4?”

• Yes 13 votes
    72%
  • No 5 votes
    28%

(18 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13AF9E36-E14E-4DE4-8092-F02DCD114E76 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Played for about an hour this evening at a local bar and about 6x, the ball got stuck going back and forth between the left and right kicker. This went on for about 15 min each time and at 1,000 per kick the score got up to a million with us just standing there and watching. Once the score got to 1 million, each kick scored only 10 points but the "ping pong" action just kept going. Eventually the ball could drop down onto a flipper and normal game play could continue, at least until the next "ping pong" match began. When we had to leave, we walked away while the game was still tossing a ball back and forth between the kickers. I email JJP with the suggestion of cutting the power to one kicker for 1 or 2 seconds if this ping pong action occurs more than say, 10x. Anyone else seen this behavior?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from brothersun:

Played for about an hour this evening at a local bar and about 6x, the ball got stuck going back and forth between the left and right kicker. This went on for about 15 min each time and at 1,000 per kick the score got up to a million with us just standing there and watching. Once the score got to 1 million, each kick scored only 10 points but the "ping pong" action just kept going. Eventually the ball could drop down onto a flipper and normal game play could continue, at least until the next "ping pong" match began. When we had to leave, we walked away while the game was still tossing a ball back and forth between the kickers. I email JJP with the suggestion of cutting the power to one kicker for 1 or 2 seconds if this ping pong action occurs more than say, 10x. Anyone else seen this behavior?

There was a video that someone shared where one sling was not functioning, and this was causing the ping pong to be ongoing...

I noticed maybe a few times, where it rebounded about 5 or 6 times between slings.. but I would chalk your experience up to a poorly set up TS4..

#3 1 year ago

I’ve seen it go for maybe 10 seconds once. A handful of times in the 5 second range. What makes it annoying is the weakness of the slings.

In a stern game the slings are so strong that even when the ball gets caught in a loop, it can’t last for long because it gets going so fast.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’ve seen it go for maybe 10 seconds once. A handful of times in the 5 second range. What makes it annoying is the weakness of the slings.
In a stern game the slings are so strong that even when the ball gets caught in a loop, it can’t last for long because it gets going so fast.

That is of course the customers fault.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

That is of course the customers fault.

Correct. The customer always has the option to tilt the game.

#6 1 year ago

Video: Over 1,100,000 on 1st ball:

#7 1 year ago

Left slingshot is not firing, same issue that this machine had.

#8 1 year ago

JJP games are very sophisticated. Way ahead of Stern. You can just sit back and watch how it plays by itself.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Left slingshot is not firing

Eve though the right one is working, it's way way too weak. Seen this in other videos as well. Maybe factory default setting for sling power set too low? It's purpose is to push the ball to outlane, not to amuse the player.

#10 1 year ago

Fix the left sling and move along, nothing to see here. Really, nothing to see it’s TS4…..move along. LMAO

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from brothersun:

LMFAO

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from brothersun:

This is actually a mechanical feature and a major mech in the game. "Dual Action Simultaneous Auto Slings With Direct Player Feedback".

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Eve though the right one is working, it's way way too weak. Seen this in other videos as well. Is the factory default setting for sling power set too low? It's purpose is to push the ball to outlane, not to play ping pong for a while.

It's really weird. I've owned hundreds of games lots of EMs and have never seen another game do this. I agree that the right sling power looks weaker than any other modern game.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Left slingshot is not firing, same issue that this machine had.

That's the same machine I videoed (at Fat Joe's in Oceanside)! I recognize the basketball game on the left and Rush on the right.

#15 1 year ago

It’s a ping pong mode - just not coded in yet. Didn’t everyone get a set of these in their goodie bag?

13AF9E36-E14E-4DE4-8092-F02DCD114E76 (resized).jpeg13AF9E36-E14E-4DE4-8092-F02DCD114E76 (resized).jpeg
#16 1 year ago

Must be a feature, since it's in JJP's official promo video as well (@ 00:00:10)

#17 1 year ago

New marketing slogan:
"The ball is wildish"

#18 1 year ago

The ball is mild.™

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

The ball is mild.™

When this ball action is happening, I've heard the audio clip "You're just wasting time" which sounds like the machine scolding me for not doing something more interesting, as if I had a choice in the matter. haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.95
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toystory4-ball-ping-ponging-between-kickers-?hl=brothersun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.