Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_ePIM_original_BR-BedRug-16Tacoma-Detail2_w700_h500_q80 (resized).jpg
images_ePIM_original_BR-BedRug-16Tacoma--FullTruck_w700_h500_q80 (resized).jpg
F66F6695-1E93-4C67-ABF1-C5BDCEB19644 (resized).jpeg
07A1CC2F-4633-4673-BF4C-8E0BC940E12C (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Hey all-
Im thinking of getting a newer Toyota Tacoma with the 5ft bed. Will a pinball machine fit laying flat with the tailgate up? I saw in another Tacoma thread where people have 2 machines standing up in a 5ft bed. Just curious how other Tacoma drivers feel about hauling a game. I was also thinking of also adding a camper shell on it so if I needed to lock up a game. Thanks for any feedback

#2 2 years ago

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=how+long+is+a+pinball+machine%3F

I have an old S10 and sometimes wish I had a topper, but I also live in the land of perpetual winter.

#3 2 years ago

I’ve got a 2020 Tacoma and it works great. And yes the tailgate will fold up.

#4 2 years ago

May want to consider manual transmission.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

May want to consider manual transmission.

I read there was some issues with the shift points in the automatics of the 2016 models, but I thought that was resolved?

#6 2 years ago

My last 3 pick ups have been Tacoma's. Yes I'm old. But what the hell is the reasoning not giving us the option of having a smaller truck, 2 seater, 6 foot bed? The extended cab is going to prevent me from buying another.

#7 2 years ago

I have a 2018 Tacoma and I haven’t noticed anything weird with how the transmission shifts. I think it’s a great truck.

#8 2 years ago

I have a 6ft bed taco. We stuff that thing full of games.
I'd recommend going 6ft if you can. Don't think you'd regret it.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Hey all-
Im thinking of getting a newer Toyota Tacoma with the 5ft bed. Will a pinball machine fit laying flat with the tailgate up? I saw in another Tacoma thread where people have 2 machines standing up in a 5ft bed. Just curious how other Tacoma drivers feel about hauling a game. I was also thinking of also adding a camper shell on it so if I needed to lock up a game. Thanks for any feedback

I move all my pins with my Tacoma 2019. It’s a solid truck. My SR5 also has a key and CD player. 07A1CC2F-4633-4673-BF4C-8E0BC940E12C (resized).jpeg07A1CC2F-4633-4673-BF4C-8E0BC940E12C (resized).jpeg

#10 2 years ago

I love my Tacoma. Best truck I've ever owned.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I love my Tacoma. Best truck I've ever owned.

Phew, good to hear. I just bought a used Tacoma. So far I love it.

#12 2 years ago

Make sure you strap it in or make it so it cant slide around...

Ive seen too many people just throw a pin in the back of a truck only to have it slide around and trash the bottom

#13 2 years ago

They fit!

F66F6695-1E93-4C67-ABF1-C5BDCEB19644 (resized).jpegF66F6695-1E93-4C67-ABF1-C5BDCEB19644 (resized).jpeg
#14 2 years ago

In the market for one too. downsizing from a tundra and have the same concerns.

#15 2 years ago

I miss having a truck....Currently im driving a 2012 Subaru WRX hatchback. I love the car, but not the greatest at hauling anything.. My son was driving my truck for a few years and I didnt have to worry about hauling anything. But after he blew up the transmission on our 2003 GMC Sierra I decided to let it go. Boy have I missed having a truck. I cant afford nor do I want to keep the WRX as my daily driver, but would rather have something really nice that I can take off road for fishing etc and be able to haul a few things such as pinballs and bicycles. The newer Tacomas fit that need and hold their value and look awesome too.

#16 2 years ago

I would highly recommend a carpented bedliner, I bought a bedrug liner from amazon. makes it super easy to slide pins in and out.

images_ePIM_original_BR-BedRug-16Tacoma--FullTruck_w700_h500_q80 (resized).jpgimages_ePIM_original_BR-BedRug-16Tacoma--FullTruck_w700_h500_q80 (resized).jpgimages_ePIM_original_BR-BedRug-16Tacoma-Detail2_w700_h500_q80 (resized).jpgimages_ePIM_original_BR-BedRug-16Tacoma-Detail2_w700_h500_q80 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toyota-tacoma-as-pin-hauler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.