New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 236829)

Toy Story will be my first JJP NIB

By Hammerhead

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by jorant
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

65269980_2820240744716948_6713687242663002112_n (resized).jpg
Toy-story2-disneyscreencaps.com-8243 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktownhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Jjp really knows how to strike while the iron is cold. Here we are again. Toy Story 4 is now out and nothing about the game. Going to go the pirates route I guess and wait until interest dies down and then release the game, then after less than a year say they are shelving the game due to poor sales...

Google the "Blue Ocean Strategy". In a nutshell, it's the idea that you seek to expand the interest in your products rather than fight over the same customers that you competitors are. It was a strategy famously employed by Nintendo when the Wii came out, which has been extraordinarily successful ever since.

You have a bunch of middle aged to older people vying over outdated franchises, yet there are multiple younger generations now that not only grew up with a franchise like Toy Story but also have had little-to-no exposure to pinball. It could be quite a fruitful market to go after.

Of course I'm not entirely saying that's JJP's strategy since they are wasting their time on a GnR machine; but it's certainly something to consider.

1 month later
#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think they would be better of going for vaiana or even better Coco.
Thoose stores are better suited for pinball, esp Coco.
The music is better. The characters are not as high profile=better shot at getting assets, call out voices etc.
Booth vaiana and Coco are more likely to also draw in alternative ethnic groups into pinball.
It all makes sense.
Also.....
Coco is absolutely visually stunning, which can not be said for toy story.

Toy Story is a 24 year old franchise, it has much wider appeal than either of those. Don't get me wrong, Moana and Coco are incredible... But they don't have the benefit of having an entire generation of people who grew up with them yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 16.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktownhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside