Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ts1 (resized).jpg
65269980_2820240744716948_6713687242663002112_n (resized).jpg
Toy-story2-disneyscreencaps.com-8243 (resized).jpg
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Blatant rip-off from another post

My JJP interest level:
WOZ 45%
Hobbit 100% (currently own Smaug LE)
Dialed In 73%
JJPPOTC 58%

Wonka 84%
GnR (-100%)
Toy Story "To Infinity and Beyond"%

Must have the Buzz Lightyear SE with phosphorescent green armouring!

#2 5 years ago

Hopefully for you that pin rumor comes true and actually happens.

#3 5 years ago

Wtf you're way too high on your ratings of the other JJP games... If your not bashing them how is this even news?!?

#4 5 years ago

Jersey Jack told me Toy story is happening, after wonka and GnR

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Call me skeptical but you’re saying Jack himself told you this? Where? When? Why would he give away that secret to you?

#6 5 years ago

I will also be in on this if it comes to be. I love the movies and so does my daughter. She would get a kick out of it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Please. He doesn’t work like that. Nice try though!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Call me skeptical but you’re saying Jack himself told you this? Where? When? Why would he give away that secret to you?

Because it’s Bullshit !

3 months later
#9 4 years ago

Well, the movie comes out today, it won't be long now until JJP makes their announcement

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Well, the movie comes out today, it won't be long now until JJP makes their announcement

Who is designing it?

#11 4 years ago

I would definitely be in for a Toy Story JJP CE. I just dont have room. Guess Ill have to get rid of my han in carbonite to make the rooM .. sorry han.

#12 4 years ago

It would be my first preorder. I want a Wonka but the hype really wore off.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Who is designing it?

I've heard/read it will be Lawlor's next game

#14 4 years ago

I would love a toy story pin. Don’t really care about wonka or GNR.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

agree.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My thoughts *exactly*!!!!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Think again, going to be years away.

#18 4 years ago

I'd love Toy Story with character ability selection like PotC. Wish could have John Ratzenberger for the custom call outs (or Tom Hanks brother Jim) see this it's what Jim does for a living.

Both John Ratzenberger and Jim Hanks do voices in video games.

talk about a major villain..
Toy-story2-disneyscreencaps.com-8243 (resized).jpgToy-story2-disneyscreencaps.com-8243 (resized).jpg

#19 4 years ago

I wont be buying any JJP games until:
1.) I'm sure the Mirco clearcoat doesnt shell out
2.) Factory design flaws are taken care of (has there been a JJP game yet that didnt require some sort of part fix?
3.) The code has been given time to mature.
If I end up buying used that's fine. I'll let the NIB owner take the initial financial purchase beating.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

But Jack said two games a year from now on!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Buzz — lightyears away???

This is a perfect fit for lawlor- I think it will be a hit with many.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Strange things are happening. . .

#23 4 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of the TS series, but the possibilities of creatively are enormous. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do with this theme. I have a young family and it could be well suited. We just bought a NIB Hobbit LE last week to compliment our WOZ and the family is really enjoying it. Wonka captivated me with the hype, but the hype wore off and my kids have never got into the movie. Pirates is a must purchase if they do another run. I'll sell a few of my Sterns to fund if needed. GNR is a pass. Loving the depth of rules and gameplay in the JJPs and they are getting much more usage at home than any of our other pins.

#24 4 years ago

Yep Pirates first few months of 2019 and Wonka the rest of the year. Thats 2.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

But Jack said two games a year from now on!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes, he did. At my house after dropping off an arcade cab that I bought from him.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yes, he did. At my house after dropping off an arcade cab that I bought from him.

Assuming thats true, I am pretty sure Jack would have asked to keep it private. Especially with a Disney title.
They make people sign a non-disclose about these things, and if your speaking the truth dsmoke, I wouldn't be repeating it. But that's already too late because you put posted this here. I'm sure Jack reads this site (Gary too).

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd love Toy Story with character ability selection like PotC. Wish could have John Ratzenberger for the custom call outs (or Tom Hanks brother Jim) see this it's what Jim does for a living.
Both John Ratzenberger and Jim Hanks do voices in video games.

talk about a major villain..
[quoted image]

#28 4 years ago

Ok so where’s the pin? New movie was just released yesterday and no announcement or nothing. Just like The Hobbit, failed missed opportunity.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok so where’s the pin? New movie was just released yesterday and no announcement or nothing. Just like The Hobbit, failed missed opportunity.

Definitely would have been better in place of Wonka.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

2020 will be the 25th anniversary of the release of the original Toy Story, sounds like perfect timing to me.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Assuming thats true, I am pretty sure Jack would have asked to keep it private. Especially with a Disney title.
They make people sign a non-disclose about these things, and if your speaking the truth dsmoke, I wouldn't be repeating it. But that's already too late because you put posted this here. I'm sure Jack reads this site (Gary too).

Really?? I could care less about your opinion; keep it to yourself.

This is a pinball site talking about pinball...This is rumor that has been heard for the last year plus...I highly doubt that Jack will care that people are clamoring for info about his company and his pins...He's a great dude, super nice; and he loves pinball, just like all of us here.

#32 4 years ago

PS, it will be the first JJP that I buy!! Cannot wait; will be interesting to see what they do design-wise, if they go fresh; or just reskin DialedIn; I'm all over it either way.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Really?? I could care less about your opinion; keep it to yourself...

Just watching out for one of my fellow pinball friends here.
Yes, every company wants people talking about their products, but products that actually exist. Not ones that are vapor.
If Stern and JJP want hype, they would announce their titles way in advance, but there are reasons they don't. Sometimes titles end up being shelved.
Disney are very sensitive about their name and their product. They could even be reading this thread. Who knows. But like I said, I was looking out for you.

#34 4 years ago

Jjp really knows how to strike while the iron is cold. Here we are again. Toy Story 4 is now out and nothing about the game. Going to go the pirates route I guess and wait until interest dies down and then release the game, then after less than a year say they are shelving the game due to poor sales...

#35 4 years ago

TAF pinball came out 4-5 months after the movie and did ok.

I don't want them to rush the pin just make a great pin.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Jjp really knows how to strike while the iron is cold.

Things do happen beyond their control.

LTG : )

#37 4 years ago

Took my family to see Toy Story 4- we really enjoyed it. Toy story is a great theme, lots of potential to be a great pin.

#38 4 years ago

I thought JJP was contractually obligated to have a new machine at the premiere.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I thought JJP was contractually obligated to have a new machine at the premiere.

Doubt it.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doubt it.

Twas’ a joke harkening back to the Hobbit’s release.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Things do happen beyond their control.

Who decided to license the hobbit after those movies had already came and gone? When they announced the hobbit game a few years after the last movie had come out, I was surprised. Most people consider those movies to be pretty disappointing. I can understand doing a game in the middle of the series, but a few years after? It's like they timed the release to coincide with all the YouTube documentaries tearing the movies apart.

#42 4 years ago

Wonder if we get 4 chapters, 4 movies in the game?

Surely with the delay, TS4 will be in the game?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Who decided to license the hobbit after those movies had already came and gone?

The license was earlier. It took a couple years to get the pinball machine to market. The game was announced around the release of the second movie.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Who decided to license the hobbit after those movies had already came and gone? When they announced the hobbit game a few years after the last movie had come out,

First Hobbit movie - The Hobbit : The Unexpected Journey 2012.

Hobbit pinball announced 2012 - https://myemail.constantcontact.com/WOZ-Delivery-Update---JJP-Announces-The-Hobbit-Pinball-Machine.html?soid=1104524641178&aid=f_wdwJqjk20

Last Hobbit movie was The Hobbit : Battle of the Five Armies 2014

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First Hobbit movie - The Hobbit : The Unexpected Journey 2012.
Hobbit pinball announced 2012 - https://myemail.constantcontact.com/WOZ-Delivery-Update---JJP-Announces-The-Hobbit-Pinball-Machine.html?soid=1104524641178&aid=f_wdwJqjk20
Last Hobbit movie was The Hobbit : Battle of the Five Armies 2014

I didn't know they had announced it that far back. That's a really long interval between announcement and shipping. I know that by the time I heard about it I already had a negative impression of the hobbit based on disappointment in the movies. Had it been JJPLOTR instead I might have ordered one. I just don't understand licenses like Willy Wonka or GnR... They seem so out of place in 2019. Toy Story done right might always have some interest but missing a timed launch with the movie seems like a missed opportunity. Having pirates come out after that iteration of the series was over also seemed poorly timed. They might all be great games regardless but it's hard to get interested in a theme based on something in the DVD bargain bin.

#46 4 years ago

Toy Story 4 grossed almost $240M on its opening weekend. I'd say there's still some interest in the theme.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Toy Story 4 grossed almost $240M on its opening weekend. I'd say there's still some interest in the theme.

Toy Story is a brand that will always have some interest. While not a failure, the new movie opened lower than expected ($118 million in the US versus $140 million expected), so you could argue that interest in the brand is in decline. Toy Story 4's debut is lower than Toy Story 3 if you adjust for inflation.
In any case, interest in the brand is certainly higher near the release of a movie and it would have benefitted jjp to time the release with the movie.

#48 4 years ago

had to share

65269980_2820240744716948_6713687242663002112_n (resized).jpg65269980_2820240744716948_6713687242663002112_n (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#49 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Jjp really knows how to strike while the iron is cold. Here we are again. Toy Story 4 is now out and nothing about the game. Going to go the pirates route I guess and wait until interest dies down and then release the game, then after less than a year say they are shelving the game due to poor sales...

Google the "Blue Ocean Strategy". In a nutshell, it's the idea that you seek to expand the interest in your products rather than fight over the same customers that you competitors are. It was a strategy famously employed by Nintendo when the Wii came out, which has been extraordinarily successful ever since.

You have a bunch of middle aged to older people vying over outdated franchises, yet there are multiple younger generations now that not only grew up with a franchise like Toy Story but also have had little-to-no exposure to pinball. It could be quite a fruitful market to go after.

Of course I'm not entirely saying that's JJP's strategy since they are wasting their time on a GnR machine; but it's certainly something to consider.

1 month later
#50 4 years ago

I think they would be better of going for vaiana or even better Coco.
Thoose stores are better suited for pinball, esp Coco.
The music is better. The characters are not as high profile=better shot at getting assets, call out voices etc.

Booth vaiana and Coco are more likely to also draw in alternative ethnic groups into pinball.

It all makes sense.

Also.....

Coco is absolutely visually stunning, which can not be said for toy story.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-will-be-my-first-jjp-nib?hl=ktownhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.