New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 236829)

Toy Story will be my first JJP NIB

By Hammerhead

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by jorant
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

65269980_2820240744716948_6713687242663002112_n (resized).jpg
Toy-story2-disneyscreencaps.com-8243 (resized).jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

I love the idea of Toy Story but also think Coco would make a great machine!

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think they would be better of going for vaiana or even better Coco.
Thoose stores are better suited for pinball, esp Coco.
The music is better. The characters are not as high profile=better shot at getting assets, call out voices etc.
Booth vaiana and Coco are more likely to also draw in alternative ethnic groups into pinball.
It all makes sense.
Also.....
Coco is absolutely visually stunning, which can not be said for toy story.

Toy Story is a 24 year old franchise, it has much wider appeal than either of those. Don't get me wrong, Moana and Coco are incredible... But they don't have the benefit of having an entire generation of people who grew up with them yet.

2 months later
#53 11 months ago

Any update on the release schedule? Anyone heard anything. People are saying in’s and roses first which would put toy story late fall?

#54 11 months ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Toy Story is a 24 year old franchise, it has much wider appeal than either of those. Don't get me wrong, Moana and Coco are incredible... But they don't have the benefit of having an entire generation of people who grew up with them yet.

Thanks for the comment, sorry for the late reply.
Agreed just considering the movie themself, but both Coco and moana has a cultural and almost religious aspect, closely tied to latino and Polynesian culture.
Latinos are to my knowledge the fastest growing ethnic group of the us and polynesia/nz/aus is a steadily growing pinball market.

#55 11 months ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Any update on the release schedule? Anyone heard anything. People are saying in’s and roses first which would put toy story late fall?

I'm confident you will be correct guessing late fall. I wish it was next, but probably GNR. I'm waiting on toy story big time.

#56 11 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Blatant rip-off from another post
My JJP interest level:
WOZ 45%
Hobbit 100% (currently own Smaug LE)
Dialed In 73%
JJPPOTC 58%
Wonka 84%
GnR -100%
Toy Story "To Infinity and Beyond"%
Must have the Buzz Lightyear SE with phosphorescent green armouring!

What’re you, 12? I’m not judging though...

#57 11 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

What’re you, 12? I’m not judging though...

Young at heart

4 months later
#58 6 months ago

If JJP only has a "lunchbox" licensing agreement with Disney as has been stated on podcasts of late, are we to expect a lack of assets when Toy Story comes out? I thought I read somewhere that JJP had gone back to Disney to try to renegotiate.

#59 6 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If JJP only has a "lunchbox" licensing agreement with Disney as has been stated on podcasts of late, are we to expect a lack of assets when Toy Story comes out? I thought I read somewhere that JJP had gone back to Disney to try to renegotiate.

The entire game will be call-outs from Mr. Potato Head only. Kidding, but a limited license would be awful. This game is on my "purchase on day 1" list.

#60 6 months ago

If Toy Stort is really JJP #7 and has limited assets I'm out. No more pictures or videos from the film that don't feature the actors faces / voices. There needs to be a vast majority of licensed assets for the prices now being asked.

The only JJP pin based on a license that has used a license fully is Hobbit, all others have fallen short in one way or another. Hell even Wonka has a ton of clips where once again you don't hear the actors voices.

#61 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Toy Stort is really JJP #6 and has limited assets I'm out. No more pictures or videos from the film that don't feature the actors faces / voices. There needs to be a vast majority of licensed assets for the prices now being asked.
The only JJP pin based on a license that has used a license fully is Hobbit, all others have fallen short in one way or another. Hell even Wonka has a ton of clips where once again you don't hear the actors voices.

Toy Story is #7. Probably next year with all that's going on.

#62 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Toy Stort is really JJP #6 and has limited assets I'm out. No more pictures or videos from the film that don't feature the actors faces / voices. There needs to be a vast majority of licensed assets for the prices now being asked.

Hobbit's assets are amazing, but even that game uses a Gandalf sound alike. Despite pirates having not as good of assets, they still did it SUPER WELL. Yeah, they don't show clips with any actors, but damn what they do with the screen is effing awesome.

Would it be cool to have Woody and Buzz talking on the pin? Absolutley. But there are some very good Woody and Buzz sound alike that have been used that would be pretty good.

Also, Woz did a great job in its assets, too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside