• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by karmitte
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

504698BC-E3DC-45D9-8751-B11635DFAFFB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Brand new out of the box and spinning wheel goes crazy. I went to switch tests and the 3 sensors in the wheel are registering. Calibrating the wheel via menu it spins out of control and gives “spinning to fast” error. I have no idea? I tried updated code and it does the same thing. I looked at the wheel slot sensors and paddles and they looked a little high on pathway through vanes. I lowered it just a hair and it still goes crazy. When you turn the machine on the wheel will go crazy in spurts as it boots up., Any ideas?????

#2 1 year ago

I think I got it sorted out. The plate wheel stud through the bushing only had a very thin washer under the screw. If you pushed on the screw end the plate would rise and the switches would not read when pushing upwards on the screw. When the wheel spun the force of the spinning would raise the wheel and cause it to loose the positions with the switches. I added a thicker washer and it has a smaller amount of play vertically. It tightens to the shaft, so theres no worry of it wearing out or hitting.
The screw driver is pointing out the two washers in place now and so far the wheel is fine.

504698BC-E3DC-45D9-8751-B11635DFAFFB (resized).jpeg504698BC-E3DC-45D9-8751-B11635DFAFFB (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from karmitte:

Hi Loganpinball ,
I have exactly the same problem.
My wheel has gone crazy and won't stop.
I can't unscrew the metal screw, and I don't dare to force it, do you have any advice? Thanks a lot.

Are you turning it counter clock wise? And as others have mentioned check the connection to board in backbox. The cable could also be the issue.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You know that the wheel test can take over a minute to complete,it may seem like it will never stop.give the test a try and see if it finishes take a while.

My game would not pass the self test in operators test menu. Thats why my wheel was going crazy all the time. I had the playfield pulled out and on the rubber feet rests in switch test mode. First rotate the wheel so that one of the plastic vanes (hall effect switch) is centered between the sensor. Then in switch test push up on that screw that holds it to the motor. My switch would trigger every time I pushed up on that screw. There was too much freeplay and when the wheel spins the rotation causes the plate to lift up and that caused the switch not to read. I added another washer to take up the slack. If you have same problem add a washer, but there still needs to be freeplay up and down in that shaft. I hope that explains it better.
I am suprised that the screw is that tight. Small ones like that usually break when ove tightened..

Check the cable in the back box if the above is not your problem. After those 2 things you would need to call jjp. Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-wheel-out-of-control?tu=Loganpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.