Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Inpw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which would you prefer?”

• Guns N' Roses 233 votes
      38%
    • Toy Story 380 votes
      62%

(613 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    nathan-fillion.gif
    BOTH1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If toy story has no assets That game will be D.O.A.

Sterns JP had essentially zero assets and it turned out pretty good

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Far and away the worst of the franchise. I am surprised people consider it in the top half of Pixar's films.

Really ? Stern just built Turtles....enough said

#155 3 years ago

Both titles have the potential to be great games....its crazy to me how long it takes JJP to get games to market....

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I agree it takes too long.I’m hoping with everything in one location we’ll see a faster smoother flow of JJP games

One can only hope...hard to make a buck when u can't make games in a timely manner....

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Well they're doing a shit job.

Its crazy to me that a company has been around this long, and still can't figure it out....

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Really. They started the move from NJ to Chicago a few weeks before the COVID shut down. Nobody knew that would happen. And make it near impossible to do anything or get anything. Pinball parts, supplies, what all is needed to make an assembly line and outfit a factory and offices. Everything out there suffered delays and many things out there are still suffering making and shipping.
    In that time, besides shipping logistics, getting a new factory set up. Outfitting the factory. Getting assembly line and parts in place. Hiring new people. Pulling it all together. They do have an assembly line up and are building Willy Wonkas.
    Seems like a miracle to me that they have gotten this far in spite of everything. Not a shit job.
    Lloyd

I hear what your saying, but one can only use that excuse for so long....Stern doesn't seem to have a problem with parts, logistics, and manufacturing....its hard not to admit this has been their achilles heel. Lets hope the move helps solves this problem

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Taking nothing away from Stern's accomplishments this year. We have no idea what they all had on hand for the future when the country and other countries shut down. And they had an existing factory. People forget the MMR delays when Stern started making them and then moved to the new building. And that wasn't compounded with everything being shut down.

I don't think it's an excuse, it's the reality of what happened. Big move coming up. Probably slowed on ordering parts for future games until the new factory would be ready to receive them. And parts department set up and people hired and trained to organize and run it.
    And we've seen pictures of the assembly line full of Willy Wonkas. So JJP has accomplished a lot in about four months.
    LTG : )

I love the optimism

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

They may not have problems in those particular areas, but they have a huge quality control problem. See all the dozens of threads about failed node boards and coil stops that need to be replaced after only a few plays. I won't even get into the disastrously bad playfields that they say are "in spec" with dimpling, pooled and cracked clearcoat, etc.
    JJP had some issues with the light boards on early examples of WOZ, but I've not heard of many other quality control issues with JJP games.
    I'd rather they take a little longer and build a product right the first time.

I'm fully aware of Sterns quality control problems, but they are light years ahead of JJP on manufacturing games. JJP has had their share of issues, but not to the extent Stern has. JJP's biggest issue is getting games off the line and releasing new product.....I've owned all their games and for the most part they have been great. Im hoping that they get these issues worked out so they can be here for the long haul.

#187 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So your saying their slow,thanks so much for your opinion.

He's not wrong....

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I didn't say they were trying. I said they are working hard to change that.
    It won't happen overnight. But look at all they've accomplished this year in spite of everything.
    Yes I'm biased. JJP has great times for pinball ahead of them.
    LTG : )

I hope your right LTG....we all just want to see JJP succeed as many of us love their games....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-vs-guns-n-roses?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.