Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Inpw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which would you prefer?”

• Guns N' Roses 233 votes
      38%
    • Toy Story 380 votes
      62%

(613 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    nathan-fillion.gif
    BOTH1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 3 years ago

No interest in music pins in general nor a big enough fan of GnR to consider a pin.

Big Pixar/Disney fans so a Toy Story that integrates significant IP (not like JJPOTC) and a good design is an almost certain buy for us. Question probably becomes CE or LE. But not a buyer if the primary IP is the name and some cabinet art. We need Jim Hanks (Tom’s brother) doing custom Woody callouts, liberal use of footage from TS movies (don’t really care about TS4 though it has an actual pinball related pinball scene) and a solid playfield design with unique game related playfield toys.

Daughters are grown but TS would be an instant family favorite if done correctly.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think one thing that has everyone twisted-up is that a Toy Story game would have to follow the movie(s). I'd be shocked if they try to ran something parallel to the movies. Instead I think I think they would try to do something like "Toy Story Mania" or the "Toy Story 3" game for the PS3. Neither of those had close tie-ins with the movies, but were based on ideas from the movies.

This. There is no reason it has to follow/ mirror the movies. The characters / toys are the draw not the story.

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

By now I'm sure many have seen Stern's latest release. JJP need to respond in kind very soon, Stern's new game looks like a great shooter with a lot of unique ideas.

I disagree. Those that moved funds they were saving for either GnR or TS to the new Stern LE have already done so by now. The new Avengers game looks like it has some great ramps and shots but we have no idea how well the actual game will play. I also think that the comic book theme won’t age well as either of the rumored JJP titles.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Marvel comics have been going strong and aging well since 1939. A Marvel themed pinball machine with many of the classic characters will age well imo. If it was the movies, you might have a point, but the comic version is timeless.

I would agree if the Avengers were the primary focus of the art package rather than the villain. The theme is good enough and the ramps look terrific. I’d just like more Avengers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-vs-guns-n-roses?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.