Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Inpw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which would you prefer?”

• Guns N' Roses 233 votes
      38%
    • Toy Story 380 votes
      62%

(613 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    nathan-fillion.gif
    BOTH1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hammerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Been covered to death. The actors owned their own video and audio assets, so you'd have to deal with each and everyone. And after all that, Disney could still nix it from the game.

All the voices in the Stern game weren't the real actors. Elizabeth with that phony Irish accent was really bad. In the movie she was English.
    LTG : )

I understood the deal made with Disney was a “lunchbox license” and after the asset fiasco with JJPOTC they went back to Disney to renegotiate their “other” licenses. Whatever became of that?

#117 3 years ago

This may stray off topic a bit, but those who feel Pixar movies in general are “kiddie movies” haven’t taken a hard look at them.

The first 15 minutes of “Up!” could be difficult for some adults to watch that wouldn’t register with kids at all.

“The Good Dinosaur” has several dark scenes in it. I’ve always felt this movie strayed away from Pixar’s usual style.

The city dump sequence in “Toy Story 3” is very dramatic and intense, especially if you’ve followed the franchise and become attached to the characters.

“Inside Out” has some very deep and abstract depictions about how our minds deal with memory loss, abstract thought, long term memory, etc that no kid would be able to follow.

I’ve unapologetically watched all of these movies, and I’m almost 50. They are obviously geared largely to younger kids but always have some content for their parents to enjoy as well.

Now back to your regularly scheduled pinball bitching.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Wrong. Don't love it at all, I don't know anyone who loves that film and I haven't heard mention of it since it came out.

You’re kidding, right?

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/the-nightmare-before-christmas

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nightmare-before-christmas

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

ditto, movie was pure garbage.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

Far and away the worst of the franchise. I am surprised people consider it in the top half of Pixar's films.

An absolutely unnecessary movie, except Disney now has two storylines they can milk, one with most of the toys and Bonnie, and one with Woody and Bo on their adventures without an owner.

Oops, spoiler alert!

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I hope your right LTG....we all just want to see JJP succeed as many of us love their games....

By now I'm sure many have seen Stern's latest release. JJP need to respond in kind very soon, Stern's new game looks like a great shooter with a lot of unique ideas. At almost $10K CAD for a Premium, I'm not a buyer. I need to carefully budget for any NIB purchase at these stratospheric prices, and the Marvel theme alone means I'm out.

Way, way out on JJPGNR as well, still patiently waiting for TS.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hammerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-vs-guns-n-roses?tu=Hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.