Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Inpw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which would you prefer?”

• Guns N' Roses 233 votes
      38%
    • Toy Story 380 votes
      62%

(613 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    nathan-fillion.gif
    BOTH1 (resized).jpg

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 3 years ago

Let's go!

#2 3 years ago

Why not both?

#3 3 years ago

Sorry, not as fun for a poll

#4 3 years ago

"Theres a snake in my boot" get my vote

#5 3 years ago
    BOTH1 (resized).jpgBOTH1 (resized).jpg
    #6 3 years ago

GNR by a long shot. JJP is overdue for something with a bit of an edge. I really have no interest in Toy Story. It just seems to have a Wonka type feel to it with just more of the same. With that being said, I will always keep an open mind!

#7 3 years ago

Well we would absolutely buy a collector’s edition Toy Story, but we have zero interest in GnR.

Toys Story, especially if it had full assets, would be the biggest no brainer ever for us.

#8 3 years ago

Neither

#9 3 years ago

For this poll, are "prefer" and "able and willing to buy now" the same thing?

#10 3 years ago

Toy Story by far. I'm not a fan of JJP games but I'd buy instantly.

#11 3 years ago

Toy Story all the way, unless it has TS4 incorporated...if so it's dead to me.

#12 3 years ago

If toy story has no assets That game will be D.O.A.

#13 3 years ago

I have nothing against Toy Story, but I’m kind of surprised to hear how many people are so excited about it. It would be interesting to know if having kids has a direct correlation to a high level of interest.

#14 3 years ago

No matter what theme JJP comes out with next, it will not do well in Canada, but I hope for GNR!

#15 3 years ago

Tough. I have no interest in Toy Story, but GnR already has a pin. I'm a big JJP fan, but neither of these themes are pulling at me (I love early GnR, but I can always buy the Data East machine). Then again I'm not a huge Rick & Morty fan, saw the pin, had to have it. GnR would be good to diversify Jersey Jack's image; get some sex, drugs, and rock & roll in there with all the fantasy movie themes.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

Toy Story all the way, unless it has TS4 incorporated...if so it's dead to me.

Wow that’s pretty serious

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

We're talking about a Jersey Jack machine, not Stern, so it should be fine there.

#18 3 years ago

But which would you prefer?

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow that’s pretty serious

I hate TS4 with a passion.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chetrico:

For this poll, are "prefer" and "able and willing to buy now" the same thing

Let's not overthink it, which do you like better?

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I have nothing against Toy Story, but I’m kind of surprised to hear how many people are so excited about it. It would be interesting to know if having kids has a direct correlation to a high level of interest.

When it’s Toy Story or a shitty band from the 80’s, I’ll take Toy Story.

#23 3 years ago

You left PTC off of the poll.

LTG : (

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Sterns JP had essentially zero assets and it turned out pretty good

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Sterns JP had essentially zero assets and it turned out pretty good

You can fake dinosaurs - no copyright on a trex. You can't fake classic characters from toy story. No way this game takes off without assets

#28 3 years ago

GNR I have no interest in toy story at all.

#29 3 years ago

How about just come out with a game. Any game besides some bedazzled version of an old game. If you are a jjp fan I don't see how you can be picky.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

How about just come out with a game. Any game besides some bedazzled version of an old game. If you are a jjp fan I don't see how you can be picky.

I 100% agree, just put out a new game, we are all drooling for a new JJP game. I’ll buy either if they have anything near there other games. People are so hard up the are buying Hot Wheels and Stern dealers can barley keep any games in stock.

#31 3 years ago

GnR is my favorite band, so this was an easy one. I love the Toy Story films though.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

When it’s Toy Story or a shitty band from the 80’s, I’ll take Toy Story.

Do you have kids?

#33 3 years ago

No interest in music pins in general nor a big enough fan of GnR to consider a pin.

Big Pixar/Disney fans so a Toy Story that integrates significant IP (not like JJPOTC) and a good design is an almost certain buy for us. Question probably becomes CE or LE. But not a buyer if the primary IP is the name and some cabinet art. We need Jim Hanks (Tom’s brother) doing custom Woody callouts, liberal use of footage from TS movies (don’t really care about TS4 though it has an actual pinball related pinball scene) and a solid playfield design with unique game related playfield toys.

Daughters are grown but TS would be an instant family favorite if done correctly.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

You can fake dinosaurs - no copyright on a trex. You can't fake classic characters from toy story. No way this game takes off without assets

Sterns JP was as close to the book as it was the movie. The JP movie was nothing like the book.

#35 3 years ago

Definitely prefer to own toy story, especially for my kids. No interest in owning a GNR. I’d love to play GNR on location, just not to have in my basement.

I think both would do well on location.

#36 3 years ago

If Toy Story keeps the new JJP pricing structure, I'd be interested in a standard. I'm not buying any 10 or 12K pins, but it could be a first JJP for me. I was very happy to see them lower the entry level on Wonka and hope it stays at that $7500 rate. No interest in GNR.

#37 3 years ago

I was told all JJP games will be the Wonka model going fwd.

#38 3 years ago

Toy Story would be an instant buy for me if it's similar quality to JJP's other games (I bought POTC, DI, and Hobbit). I loved GnR back in the 80's but I have no interest in owning a GnR music pin. Toy Story is up there with JP and Harry Potter in terms of dream themes for my house.

I understand why people want extensive assets, and I agree that would make Toy Story a lot better. However JJP POTC doesn't have a tremendous amount of assets and it's one of my favorite games of all time.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Do you have kids?

I do, but GnR was shitty long before I had kids.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

But which would you prefer?

Bally, circa 1981

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Nope. Just love the movies. My step daughter likes them to, but she’s not going to play it more than a few times regardless. 10x better theme than GNR.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

We're talking about a Jersey Jack machine, not Stern, so it should be fine there.

Was Pirates fine there?

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was Pirates fine there?

Well, compared to Jurassic Park, still a lot more assets, just sayin'.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, compared to Jurassic Park, still a lot more assets, just sayin'.

What’s the point though? My point is both manufacturers have made games that lacked serious assets.

Since Toy Story is Disney, I don’t have high hopes for their luck in getting assets, but even if it’s like pirates, I’ll still be way more interested in it than GNR.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s the point though? My point is both manufacturers have made games that lacked serious assets.

Well, they still got footage from the films in JJPOTC, but were not allowed to use anything with the actor's faces. Being an animated film (the first JJP has done), there are no actors' likenesses to deal with, so it might be easier to get the original scenes from the movies. However, I don't think it would be a complete disaster if all they got was the characters and they had to invent a completely new story for the game using sound alikes.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Since Toy Story is Disney, I don’t have high hopes for their luck in getting assets, but even if it’s like pirates, I’ll still be way more interested in it than GNR.

One thing that bugs me is you have video assets in JJP Pirates, but no audio. All these modes/scenes and just Gibbs voice. Was weird to me. Stern Pirates got more than that. Depp sound alike, other pirate voices, yo ho song, etc.

#47 3 years ago

It’s more important to have the callouts and sounds down than the video imo. Either the real deal or great sound alikes.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

but no audio. All these modes/scenes and just Gibbs voice.

Been covered to death. The actors owned their own video and audio assets, so you'd have to deal with each and everyone. And after all that, Disney could still nix it from the game.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Stern Pirates got more than that.

All the voices in the Stern game weren't the real actors. Elizabeth with that phony Irish accent was really bad. In the movie she was English.

LTG : )

#49 3 years ago

None of the above.

#50 3 years ago

Just so much material to work into a TS pin as I would rather see this over GNR.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-vs-guns-n-roses?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.