Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Inpw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which would you prefer?”

• Guns N' Roses 233 votes
      38%
    • Toy Story 380 votes
      62%

(613 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    nathan-fillion.gif
    BOTH1 (resized).jpg

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 3 years ago

Hmm. I voted toy story, but I actually would have though that GNR would have taken this.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Been covered to death. The actors owned their own video and audio assets, so you'd have to deal with each and everyone. And after all that, Disney could still nix it from the game.

All the voices in the Stern game weren't the real actors. Elizabeth with that phony Irish accent was really bad. In the movie she was English.
    LTG : )

Yes. To get bits of A Pirates Life for Me tune in Stern’s version was a real treat though!

#53 3 years ago

Toy Story if it actually has lots of ball interactive toys, like DI or POTC has, will be a killer machine for JJP. Care about those more than paying Disney big money for loads of assets. Don’t think Disney quite gets the scale of things pinball. It’s not like selling millions of lunch buckets at $10. Lol

#54 3 years ago

I just don’t see the attraction to Toy Story.
    It has zero appeal to me as a collector.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was Pirates fine there?

nathan-fillion.gifnathan-fillion.gif

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Well the world doesn't revolve around you right? I'm sure there's lots of collectors that'll add this game to their collection.
    The theme would also do great on location since it's that popular.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

As a collector of pinball machines or coins?

As for which one for me, they are both way far down the list. GNfR I guess has the skulls and shit to put on the machine? I guess you could art them up, but if it comes out anything like a photoshop it's going to be fucking piss poor looking.
    Toy Story could go the other way where it's overly bright and...well Wonka looking.

As always, themes don;t mean much to me so we'll see.

#58 3 years ago

Easy decision this one, GNR all the way!!! As long as JJP don't completely sterilise the game. I don't care about family friendly, save that crap for Toy Story.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

As a collector of pinball machines or coins?

Both

#60 3 years ago

Shouldn´t the poll have been....

1. Eric, Widebody, gnr, great assets

v.s.
    2. Pat, standard, toy story, terrible assets

Have to go with n.o.1, even if i would have prefered

3. eric, widebody, toy story, great assets

#61 3 years ago

Toy Story ofc. Imagine a pin full of .... toys!

Seriously, I'm really tired of all music pins being churned out. I'm all for some more original stuff.

#62 3 years ago

Toy Story would sell better. I would much rather see a Nirvana pinball machine then another GNR ... My 2 cents ..

#63 3 years ago

More significant to me: whichever Eric Meunier is designing rather than Pat Lawlor.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Shouldn´t the poll have been....
    1. Eric, Widebody, gnr, great assets
    v.s.
    2. Pat, standard, toy story, terrible assets
    Have to go with n.o.1, even if i would have prefered
    3. eric, widebody, toy story, great assets

Agree but it was fairly well-known GnR was standard. JJP not going wide for the foreseeable future.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I do, but GnR was shitty long before I had kids.

So, if you didn’t have kids, would you still buy Toy Story?

#66 3 years ago

Easy GNR,
    Not that I lack interest in Toy Story, I love all the movies,
    But I love Guns N Roses more!

I want GNR now, im sick of the wait........

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Yes. Love the franchise and so do tons and tons of other people. 4 movies and there’s an entire wing of one of the Disney parks dedicated to it. Everyone knows what toy story is and has seen at least the first movie.

I’ve heard JJP is making both. I bet Toy Story is the better seller.

I love Toy Story (35), my sister does (28), and my daughter does (13). So it spans lots of age groups.

#68 3 years ago

GN'R all the way, but I'm fairly certain Toy Story will sell more. I just hope GN'R will come out eventually and in its originally intended form.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Love the franchise and so do tons and tons of other people. 4 movies and there’s an entire wing of one of the Disney parks dedicated to it. Everyone knows what toy story is and has seen at least the first movie.
    I’ve heard JJP is making both. I bet Toy Story is the better seller.
    I love Toy Story (35), my sister does (28), and my daughter does (13). So it spans lots of age groups.

I don’t have anything against Toy Story. I’m just trying to figure out if anyone without kids would consider it an instant buy. It may be a generational thing as well. You are 35. I’m 46. I think you are probably a little too young to have been in the mix when GNR was in their prime, so I can understand why you may not be interested in a GNR pin. Anyway, I’m sure Toy Story would be a great pin. I guess I’d just like to see JJP try something different and I don’t see Toy Story as being all that much different than Wonka. GNR, whether you like them or not, is different and JJP has never done music pin.

#70 3 years ago

For all the people who want a guns and roses pin, I have terrific news: there already is one. There is NOT a Toy Story one yet. The choice is simple.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t have anything against Toy Story. I’m just trying to figure out if anyone without kids would consider it an instant buy. It may be a generational thing as well. You are 35. I’m 46. I think you are probably a little too young to have been in the mix when GNR was in their prime, so I can understand why you may not be interested in a GNR pin. Anyway, I’m sure Toy Story would be a great pin. I guess I’d just like to see JJP try something different and I don’t see Toy Story as being all that much different than Wonka. GNR, whether you like them or not, is different and JJP has never done music pin.

Even if I was your age I would spent my time going to lots of talking heads and Pink Floyd shows. GNR is fine, it’s just not that good. But clearly not my wheelhouse genre.

If you think Toy Story is similar to Wonka, I totally understand you questioning JJP’s decision to make Toy Story as well.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if I was your age I would spent my time going to lots of talking heads and Pink Floyd shows. GNR is fine, it’s just not that good. But clearly not my wheelhouse genre.
    If you think Toy Story is similar to Wonka, I totally understand you questioning JJP’s decision to make Toy Story as well.

I’m actually a jam band guy, so I hear you.

RIP - Neal Casal..

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

For all the people who want a guns and roses pin, I have terrific news: there already is one. There is NOT a Toy Story one yet. The choice is simple.

I tend to agree with this view, enough remakes and nothing wrong with the existing GNR.

#74 3 years ago

I have the DE. Its time for another updated one. Lets go! GNFR

#75 3 years ago

I cast a vote for Randy Newman pinball.

#76 3 years ago

GnR is one of my favorite bands of all time, and that theme is right at the top for me for a modern game.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I've said this in other threads, but there is literally no game that I would buy because of the theme. There are lots of games I would not buy because of the theme. I'm not sure if I'd be in the market for a Toy Story-- I'd have to see if I enjoyed playing it. There's nothing that could make me buy Guns and Roses, no matter how good the game is. It's 30+ years past its time, and I thought they were embarrassingly cheesy even before their expiration date.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

you are probably a little too young to have been in the mix when GNR was in their prime

He was in diapers the last time they had a hit.

#79 3 years ago

really neither - still waiting for a must buy JJP title ........

#80 3 years ago

I’ll take the Buzz LE. His wings basically designed the cabinet already!!!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #81 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Been covered to death. The actors owned their own video and audio assets, so you'd have to deal with each and everyone. And after all that, Disney could still nix it from the game.

All the voices in the Stern game weren't the real actors. Elizabeth with that phony Irish accent was really bad. In the movie she was English.
    LTG : )

I understood the deal made with Disney was a “lunchbox license” and after the asset fiasco with JJPOTC they went back to Disney to renegotiate their “other” licenses. Whatever became of that?

#82 3 years ago

Both are the top two rumors from jjp I’ve been waiting for. Favorite band, and favorite animated movie. Can’t wait for both.

#83 3 years ago

I do prefer Toy Story.
    We (the pinball community) do have already a great Gunners pinball from DE.
    So It‘s time for Toy Story I hope

#84 3 years ago

Tough call for me. My favorite themes are movies, sci-fi, robots, spooky/horror...not necessarily music pins and kids shows.

I like GNR a lot, and I enjoyed the TS movies, however. There is already a GNR pin and a glut of music pins that have come out over the last few years...but TS is a bit "kiddie" for me.
    I ultimately chose Toy Story because I think it had a lot more options/potential than GNR. If a reasonable amount of assets are acquired, its' possibilities are near endless (call outs, sound clips, video clips, toys/gimmicks, mods, artwork, etc).

P.S. I feel much the same way about LEGO (which I would love to see made into a pin, btw). It just has limitless potential.

#85 3 years ago

I mean how much GNR material can possibly be integrated visually into JJP’s monitor and tied into gameplay. I’ll guess we will see eventually. Will it be like the cartoonish Aerosmith pin. There’s just so much out there with TS with its assets that can be presented in front of you and toys galore under the glass. But that to will be interesting to see in this so called new “Wonka” streamlined model moving forward. As far as features what will and will not be part of the game in its design.

#86 3 years ago

TS....but I mean...they did make an ACDC pin thats very popular. Never understood the appeal of the same drum beat over and over again. That band is so boring.

#87 3 years ago

AC/DC is one of the best games I’ve ever played/owned. I have zero interest in the band. GNR could be similar for me. But Toy Story is way better theme for pinball imo.

#88 3 years ago

Surprised a "The Bachelorette" pin wasn't added as an option (would inspire about the same amount of excitement as the other two).

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

AC/DC is one of the best games I’ve ever played/owned. I have zero interest in the band. GNR could be similar for me. But Toy Story is way better theme for pinball imo.

What do you have playing on yours? I assume you have it changed...just curious. I played a Metallica with Enya once....once....

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What do you have playing on yours? I assume you have it changed...just curious. I played a Metallica with Enya once....once....

AC/DC.

#92 3 years ago

Toy Story vs. Guns N' Roses sounds like a great mashup theme. Bring it on.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Toy Story vs. Guns N' Roses sounds like a great mashup theme. Bring it on.

How about a MTV Deathmatch!
    Oh, the good old days

#94 3 years ago

A Disney Pixar/JJP partnership would be pretty awesome. After a Toy Story pin they could do one with the Incredibles. Both of those franchises are ideally suited for a modern pin.

I think they could pretty do a pretty awesome "Cars" pin. Of course, some of the movies just won't work. I doubt anyone would ever want to play a "Good Dinosaur" pin.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

A Disney Pixar/JJP partnership would be pretty awesome. After a Toy Story pin they could do one with the Incredibles. Both of those franchises are ideally suited for a modern pin.
    I think they could pretty do a pretty awesome "Cars" pin. Of course, some of the movies just won't work. I doubt anyone would ever want to play a "Good Dinosaur" pin.

Baby Jack Jack modes haha.
    Underminer subway system
    Bot bash toy
    Screenslaver light show
    Soundtrack could be fun (and could be generic too to save $)

God I have seen those movies way too many times.

#96 3 years ago

I'm going to invite a bunch of my 40+ year old buddies over and tell we are going to watch Toy Story 4 together, and geek out over Buzz and Woody, and then play Toy Story Pinball, oh darn everyone cancelled. New scenario, invite a bunch of buddies over to listen to awesome rock music and drink beer, and break in my new GNR pinball, everyone shows up.

#97 3 years ago

Toy Story.
    GNR been done. over remakes.

#98 3 years ago

It must be the crowd you hang out with... If I invited my buddies over to play a Toy Story pin they would fly in from around the country. They have all already seen the movie with their families.

If I invited them to come over to listen to GNR and Iron Maiden I would be the butt of all their jokes for the next 20 years.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

It must be the crowd you hang out with... If I invited my buddies over to play a Toy Story pin they would fly in from around the country. They have all already seen the movie with their families.
    If I invited them to come over to listen to GNR and Iron Maiden I would be the butt of all their jokes for the next 20 years.

It is for sure the crowd I hang with, men, not children, there is a reason every stadium across North America plays "Welcome to the Jungle", and "Paradise City". I have never heard anyone complain. I play Pinball for a rush of speed and adrenaline, I like when it kicks my ass, have a look at my collection! There is no room for a kiddy themed pin at my house!

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

It is for sure the crowd I hang with, men, not children, there is a reason every stadium across North America plays "Welcome to the Jungle", and "Paradise City".

They also play "Bang on the Drum all day", "The Chicken Dance" and "YMCA" are you suggesting those would also make good pinball themes?

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-vs-guns-n-roses/page/2?hl=bestbrad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.