Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sad.gif
#1 1 year ago

7.697 is the rating average at the moment…
Based on the 28 ratings already submitted (2 more needed)
Seems a realistic rating me thinks
Disclaimer, this is for the “standard addition” only and based on my super mathematics skills, which are dubious

the CE averages 5.474 based on 4 ratings
so combined average for both version comes down to 6.585 (dismal)

#2 1 year ago

actually this is looking like top 400, #325 as of today, wonder if it will trend up or down over time
maybe some low ratings will be cancelled to bring the average up

#3 1 year ago

So how many threads is this for TS4 now?? Sorry the game will be lucky to make the top 50.

#4 1 year ago

And this is where some time duration, should have to be a part of the machine’s history, before qualifying for any ranking.

Whether it be Rush, Godzilla, Halloween, TS4, ect... should not be allowed for ranking, until it’s been released and out in the public for two years.

No way any new machine deserves any high ranking, without the legs of history and duration to stand on.

#5 1 year ago

I think the ratings and creation of are, albeit flawed, but consistent. Rush, GZ, TS4, UM, HWN, and all the others released for years and recently have had to run the same gambit. It speaks volumes that it will debut this low on the rankings. I am confident that TS4 will be top 100, or 75... might even creep into top 50 range after additional code and all the dust settles. There's a lot of disappointed people and they are voicing their opinion right now.

#6 1 year ago

The game is very fun!and I am sure the code will be improved over time!

#7 1 year ago
sad.gifsad.gif
#8 1 year ago

I’ve had this game for two weeks now, and running the latest code, with 200+ Total plays to date I find it to be extremely fun.
Toy story 4 is well deserved of the top 100 ranking, I would even say looking at the top 100 out there now you could put it in the top 30 (with current code) I also think if people could just get it out of their head that it’s a disappointment because it wasn’t toy story 1 2 or 3 it would have a higher ranking just on merit of gameplay and current code. just a thought and just my opinion

#9 1 year ago

I don’t think it will rate very high. Despite being fun to play, I don’t see how it can get high marks for the theme and toys and gimmicks categories. Rankings are meaningless anyway, it’s whatever YOU think of the game. Personally, I love playing it as does my family.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from hitwhatslit:

I’ve had this game for two weeks now, and running the latest code, with 200+ Total plays to date I find it to be extremely fun.
Toy story 4 is well deserved of the top 100 ranking, I would even say looking at the top 100 out there now you could put it in the top 30 (with current code) I also think if people could just get it out of their head that it’s a disappointment because it wasn’t toy story 1 2 or 3 it would have a higher ranking just on merit of gameplay and current code. just a thought and just my opinion

You rated NASCAR 10 and Godzilla LE 2.5 and you want us to take your ratings seriously based on merits of gameplay? Rofl.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

You rated NASCAR 10 and Godzilla LE 2.5 and you want us to take your ratings seriously based on merits of gameplay? Rofl.

Yea, I'm going to have to go with Maken on this one. 2.5 for GZLE? C'mon man!

#12 1 year ago

Good god so serious! Out for 2 years before allowed to be ranked?

Or maybe apply for federal and state permits? A game should maybe pass SATs before it can go to college?

Relax professor.

#13 1 year ago

First, I think game ratings are being.allowed way to soon. That being said I don't have much faith in them.
Honestly I own of have owned 7 of the current top 15.

No way I'm letting the haters and the many Debbie downers alter my personal opinion of games I like.

In my book Woz sitting at 37 reflects the ratings being total bs. I consider it my best game.
However, there are some pinsiders that provide valuable insight.
Cheers

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

First, I think game ratings are being.allowed way to soon. That being said I don't have much faith in them.
Honestly I own of have owned 7 of the current top 15.
No way I'm letting the haters alter my personal opinion of games I like.
In my book Woz sitting at 37 reflects the ratings being total bs. I consider it my best game.
Cheers

Reviews are good for alerting your attention to a game that is potentially good. I am glad I relied on review of Godzilla as I had no interest in the theme.

However, I thought Wonka and WOZ reviews were too low after playing them. I plan to buy Toy Story regardless of the potentially bad or good reviews as I liked DI and Wonka and my family likes the theme a lot

#15 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 is a Top 5 game! I read a rumor about it days before it was released, and I saw a fist pumping video of it, so I know I’m right.

#16 1 year ago

People were ripping on LZ so hard, but that rising spinner/ball lock mech is more complex than anything on TS4

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

People were ripping on LZ so hard, but that rising spinner/ball lock mech is more complex than anything on TS4

The spinner is awesome; The pro sadly is a complete waste of everything.

#18 1 year ago

It's just my opinion, but far too many people are "in" this hobby just for resale value. They pump up the rank to artificially create demand so they can flip them for an extra $2k once they are harder to acquire. FTF.

#19 1 year ago

So u buy a $10k pin, hope you get $12k then what? Buy a $12k pin in hopes that will go up. Pinball games are NOT investments despite all the pinflation the last 5 yrs, unless of course you have had games and completely sell out.

#20 1 year ago

Some folks are clearly manipulating ratings for their personal favorite titles. One motivation for this is likely financial, as mentioned above. That said, the ratings are useful. I recently go back into the Pinball hobby after an over decade absence. I found the reviews especially helpful to learn what titles I should seek out. I initially had little interest in GZ. After reading reviews and traveling a bit to find one on location to play, I decided to seek one for my new gameroom. I’m very glad I did. I consider it the best pinball I’ve ever played, and my review reflects that.

Most of my other recent purchases were at least informed by the ratings and ranking here. So, thanks to everyone collectively for a resource that has been quite useful. Some of my other personal favorites seem curiously low in the rankings (Hobbit, Houdini, WOZ) while some other titles are perplexingly high.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The spinner is awesome; The pro sadly is a complete waste of everything.

Yeah, pro still has good code and music intergration, but goes anemic on playfield features. Seems like other recent Stern pros have been keeping the main toy/shot in all versions, LZ just has nothing there.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Some folks are clearly manipulating ratings for their personal favorite titles. One motivation for this is likely financial, as mentioned above.

It also looks like some are manipulating the rankings out of revenge. This has happened on Amazon and even video games where people are angry at pricing or what have you and spam vote 1 start to artificially bring down the rating. Looks like this is happening for Toy Story due to it's price which is a shame. I used to use the ranking system as a general guide, but spam votes have rendered it worthless to me now. Oh well.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

It also looks like some are manipulating the rankings out of revenge. This has happened on Amazon and even video games where people are angry at pricing or what have you and spam vote 1 start to artificially bring down the rating. Looks like this is happening for Toy Story due to it's price which is a shame. I used to use the ranking system as a general guide, but spam votes have rendered it worthless to me now. Oh well.

Spam or not, the same happens with every new pin. There are fans and haters. The difference is, TS4 is getting a LOT of bad press because it IS a fail to many. Munsters and LZ were both criticized and after things settled in people continued rating and both have moved up some. GZ came out swinging and people recognized it. Some still blew it up because they couldn't find one or just didn’t see the magic, but the masses spoke and its #1. The ratings seem to work out over time and pins settle into their correct spot. Take STh for example. Got destroyed early on.. but the last year has moved up significantly and is hard to find a premium or LE. All good pins will shine, some just take more time. Others are dogs, and they'll be rated as such. Right now TS4 is a dog..

#24 1 year ago

TS4 has enough ratings now (38) and says it will be in top 100 next week
with the 38 ratings its average its sitting at 7.792 which is #108 I know its early days
its funny to look at the ratings where any low or high scores are getting flagged or starred by many
this game has certainly got pinheads riled up

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Good god so serious! Out for 2 years before allowed to be ranked?
Or maybe apply for federal and state permits? A game should maybe pass SATs before it can go to college?
Relax professor.

Correct, along with a blood sample, and your first born

The point I was making, is that any new machine being ranked at all, let alone already ranking within the top 100, is bs stats. Might as well start voting for an item labeled “new Stern cornerstone pin 2022” as the greatest of all time. Why not? That’s right, because it hasn’t had enough time to prove it should be there.

As much as I love my Rush, I don’t think it’s deserving of being ranked yet, much like other new releases of the past 0-24 months.

Godzilla may be a fun game, but has not had a long enough release to state greatest of all time. Same with TS4, might turn out to be a great game, but again needs some history to back it.

As others have stated, the ranking system is flawed, some people use it to help for selfish purposes, others use it to give honest results, it’ll never be 100% accurate.

End of the day, I enjoy the pins for what they are, fun. Doesn’t bother me if it’s in the top 400 or not.

#26 1 year ago

Do people on here buy games based on the ratings?

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I buy "partly" based on ratings, but its just one of the aspects of a decision making process

the ratings are mainly useful for the comments, but even there you have to dig into them to weed out the biased comments
then you find the really well written comments (basically reviews) and you might use a range of those to help understand the game and if its going to suit your preferences
then onto streams, YouTube etc.

If you live in a town with virtually no pins on location there's not much opportunity to try before you by

I have been very happy with my purchases based on this and I'm not aiming for the top 10
At the moment my current 2 games are rated mid 20's and mid 50's and I like the mid 50's one the most (TNA)

I'm also waiting for Godzilla based purely on rating/coments/reviews, I have never played it but I'm sure its gonna be good even if don't think it's #1

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yes. When I see a $600 EM or a $1500 SS then read a bunch of reviews that say it plays like a turd it gets a hard pass instead of serious consideration.

#29 1 year ago

New blood in this hobby are much more internet savvy than some of us; Add that along with overpaying for a hobby of little personal experience growing up with, well, you get ratings manipulation.

I agree that a time lapse should be implemented cuz, you know, this generation has the attention span of a fruit fly.

#30 1 year ago

JJP games have always cost more than other manufacturers. Up until TS4, it was easier to justify based on all the extra "bells and whistles" that we've come to expect from JJP.

I'm sure TS4 is a fun game - but when compared to all the shots, mechs and flair of a Dialed In, WoZ, Hobbit or PotC - there just isn't much to be excited about.

For me at least, JJP has lost their magic. My guess is others feel the same and that is what is being reflected in the ratings. I hope they are able to survive as a company and re-align with their original vision.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I hope they are able to survive as a company and re-align with their original vision.

Or they won’t. Between their warranty uselessness, ridiculous price increases, blaming customers for nib issues, poor customer service ( buy a replacement pf if you don’t like art peeling off!) if they fail maybe it’ll send a stronger message to others following this pattern. You fuck with the bull you get the horns.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Yes. When I see a $600 EM or a $1500 SS then read a bunch of reviews that say it plays like a turd it gets a hard pass instead of serious consideration.

I used to do this based on comments in the reviews but not the scores. I recently picked up two machines just spontaneously and they both blew me away with how fun they were.

Hard body and Mr and Mrs pacman. Both games are super fun with great replayability. They are both rated as absolute turds. I recommend ignoring reviews.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:I used to do this based on comments in the reviews but not the scores. I recently picked up two machines just spontaneously and they both blew me away with how fun they were.
Hard body and Mr and Mrs pacman. Both games are super fun with great replayability. They are both rated as absolute turds. I recommend ignoring reviews.

Yeah, but I bet there are good reviews of both if you look. I know I enjoy both, and would rate them decently if I put the time in to do a review.

#34 1 year ago

Played it today. Wasn't impressed. Shot nicely tho

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-top100-debut-?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.