20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 1 year ago

Wait.. do folks forget many “children” animation movies are not tailored to kids, but adults? The movies are written by Adults!!!

Much of the personality, metaphors, jokes, references, and interactions are not at the child level. The movie is a “skin” to highlight these issues.

I guess folks are desiring potential graphic, cursing jokes, strong aggressive reference pinball theme?

I for one appreciate pinball machines that provide a Journey.

To me JJP does a great job and TS will be one to allow JJP to fulfill my need.

3 weeks later
#531 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Were Dealers or JJP asking for $2500 non-refundable deposits???

My distro will provide my invoice tonight... Let's see if its $1,000 or $2,500 as requested by JJP website.

#977 1 year ago

Yeah.. agree with the comment about lack of a wizard mode. Did not consider that, but that has been a fundamental concept of pinball lately and to break away from that could be a miss on code side.

I have not played this game yet or read in depth of the modes…

So far there is only 1 wizard mode at the end? Anybody else figured out more code wise? I have to dig some more.

#978 1 year ago

Could Pat be employing some re-use code concept of AFM progressing through the different cities.. instead of cities it’s through a carnival??

It’s a stretch, but wonder if anyone is thinking if Pat has employed previous game code design concept into TS4.

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

There is an LE for sale for 7500 right now.

Can’t be real. Just can’t be. Stupid to sell for that cheap so quick.

Fake news.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

There’s no way used LEs will hold their value with a supply of 5k. That’s not a knock on the game - as long as someone can buy a NIB from a distributor why would they pay full price used (and I don’t see 5k units selling anytime soon). I think this will also drag down the price of the CE - the only real difference is the topper. Really really in demand and rare toppers go for about 3k, coincidently the up charge on CEs. How many buyers out there are going to pay 17k on a CE for access to a topper if they can get an LE for 10-11k on secondary market. The extras on CE don’t justify an extra 7 or 8k. Based on other pins, JJP will likely also release a simplified topper for under 500 bucks making a pricey CE even less justifiable. I can’t see the CE ever having a market value over msrp, probably more like 12-13k.

If your statement holds true, that is less than 30% loss after playing countless games (assuming no playfield issues).

I’d gladly take that hit in a resell. However, I sense my CE value will be less than that after all said and done. I did not buy this game for appreciation.

I paid to easily play the game with my family.

#1241 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

If true how cheap of a discount are people seeing for a toy story Le?

At the moment it’s $500 off. So, $12K.

#1244 1 year ago

Well I’ll be damned… nope. I don’t see where the discount is now.

Hmm.. sorry, I’ve preordered a CE and was only aware of that price. Clearly got the LE price wrong.

#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Am I in the minority here or what? Do you guys like the bright rainbow lights on the side rails? I am sorry but I find them to be an eye sore and somewhat distracting. I do like that there is no ugly white butthole qr reader fudging up the apron looks classy without the distracting light. Not sure about the ipad position? It would have been soooooo much better if Pat kept the ipad but shoved it in back horizontal kinda like Circus Voltaire. Visible-yet out of the way, and then done a cool Toy Story interactive Toy? Oh Well
Game looks fun to me still.
Had an afterthought the other day. I bet you Toy Story is going to kill it for operators and become the new king for ops-a cash register if you will.
Move over Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Stranger Things-the throne has a new king. Just a thought
[quoted image]

Your suggestion for putting the iPad a little further back like CV is a good idea. However, sometimes it’s a little difficult to view the screen in CV. You gotta bend down and see the information…. Seems Pat thought it was a good idea to have it front/center when they could have added a unique mechanical toy.

That goes to your 2nd part for Operators. I agree 100% that this game was designed more for Operators (location) and new pinheads…

Sure, current pin-heads will like it too, like myself, but seems we were not the main target.

Perhaps that is how this game can retain its value or minimize its depreciated value.

#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

100% - giving your kids separate choices for dinner every night just entices them to be come more picky.
Absurd how much control parents have given kids over their adult lives.

Agree, but lets not forget that Grandma/Grandpa can also influence this habit as well. My kids are staying with my parents during the summer to spend some quality time while the Wife and I acclimate with Baby #3 we just had.

I facetime my family the other day to check on the kids and I heard my oldest say she does not want to eat X, but rather have Y.

And.... my mom caved in. I'm sure it will be fun for me to break the habit when they return to my home.

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Recession or bad move to use TS4...Doesn't matter which one.
But the flippers may not be happy on this one.
$2500 non-refundable deposits. People were trying to flip their spots for a profit and it just didn't happen.
We saw this on another manufacturers pin and a lot of people took a haircut getting rid of their spots.
Will this happen again... it appears to be heading that way.

Ff

Quoted from romulusx:

Oh we’re in good shape here have you seen what our girlfriends and wives are watching on TLC?
What about the Kardashians and Dr Pimple popper?

Man… I have no clue why my wife and others watch Dr. Pimple popper!! She enjoys seeing it. Ugh,..

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda has leaked the new Toy Story 4 2.0 edition the features the LCD being removed in favor of the Family Guy mini playfield. Stern apparently had a warehouse of the mini playfields that were never used, JJP bought them all and is retrofitting them into Toy Story 4. An existing owner of Toy Story 4 can buy a retro kit for $1,999.99.
[quoted image]

Seems JJP is listening to user base of disappointment and they are trying to find alternative ways to improve it.

Would this help?? I would hope they also focus on enhancing code to improve overall experience.

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

forward for the Hitler video.

Okay, his meme at the end was legendary!!

Well done. Haha

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It is fun, but at $12-15k?
I paid $6k for TNA and you can get DI for less than $8K.

If Spooky comes out with TNA 2.0, I’m buying that machine.

It’s true games that are executed Well broken down with simple Mechs/flow are still really enjoyable.

That was why I wanted TS4, but after talking to the lady with limited pin space I had to buy Wonka instead.

#1551 1 year ago

And with this folks... I'm out. FYI, there were multiple folks asking to take my spot. So, at least I can say the demand for the CE is still floating in the air.
I'll regret this down the road, but I'm limited to 4 games.

I've already paid for NIB Wonka LE from Automated Services in Connecticut. Saved a few pennies doing this as well. Thanks adol75 for the tip.

SoldGame (resized).PNGSoldGame (resized).PNG
#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Isn’t there a transfer fee from JJP?

I suppose if I originally ordered from JJP then yes. I did it though a distributor.

It’s my assumption the distro has yet to provide JJP the CE list. Therefore, no transfer fee imposed.

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I have not played TS4 but looks like reviews of people that played it is mixed. I am out. I have WOZ and I really like it because I like the play and also the movie. As for theme, I only liked the first TS and rest were so so. Reviews really helps though. I bought Godzilla because people raved about it and I am so glad that I bought one because it's a great game. I will wait for next JJP.

I just watched the feature video of Godzilla after seeing the top 100 list having Godzilla at #1. So, I really want to play one and hope to try it out soon. I’m not into the Theme, but the gameplay looks super fresh.

#1588 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Could charge $15k for that and nobody would bat an eye…

I would sell my treasured Metallica pinball to raise funds to buy that if it was true. But we all know the odds of another run. So, Metallica is safe.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Played it tonight for the first time and still a strong pass for a home purchase even though I had fun playing it. The issue is simply a lack of mechs, 3D molds and code depth to justify a home purchase IMO. My wife was also dissappointed and said she enjoyed the Mandolorian pro and especially the Cactus Canyon remake that were there far more.
Also, I would say there’s a lack of shots on this game with that being 6 that pass through or drop into an area. Sure there’s a right ramp but it replaces an orbit. Also that area with the 4 pop bumpers…my goodness does the ball go back into the Buzz saucer far too often.
In regards to the 10” LCD just wow. It’s more of a disappointment in person. What a waste of space that should have gone to a mech and odd angle that it is placed at. The Tiki Party video mode played terribly with poor latency.
Overall my wife and I enjoy everything about our Willy Wonka LE far more then anything on Toy Story 4.
[quoted image]

You hit the nail in the hammer for me. I have the exact same feeling my 2nd go around. Played about 2 hours overall at the Korean bbq place in West Hills, ca.

The iPad was Wow.. agree it’s much larger than in person. The photo does no justice how big that thing is. Seriously, you gotta see this iPad in person to understand its size.

I did have a lot of fun playing the game and I was able to progress 1/2 through the modes in my time playing. The Kaboom shot is a little booger.

Many times I was slow seeing the ramp and was too late or I keep hitting the damn post. I’m sure with time it will get easier…

Or, maybe I should stop drinking the Mules. Haha

The slings were Bally style (aka slow), which is common JJP theme… I actually had a few ball sticks where I had to nudge it to get it out.

Here is a photo of Gabby… she needs a washing.

EF7D19D0-296B-4730-98F0-0CD65497C566 (resized).jpegEF7D19D0-296B-4730-98F0-0CD65497C566 (resized).jpeg

#1616 1 year ago

Showing the size of that iPad relation to my sunglasses and mule. Still the photo cannot due it justice.

70815A01-35C9-43EC-BD8B-12DD983A64FC (resized).jpeg70815A01-35C9-43EC-BD8B-12DD983A64FC (resized).jpegFFFB7B4E-C1ED-4CBE-B353-A3C864031EDB (resized).jpegFFFB7B4E-C1ED-4CBE-B353-A3C864031EDB (resized).jpeg
#1617 1 year ago

Here is a photo near the slings… look closely at the post under it… notice something different?? They put clear washers underneath. Guess that is to prevent the pooling?

Not every post have them… seems just the large ones.

You might have to zoom into the photo to see it.

55DE963A-98F9-47AB-84D9-40F4894AF5FB (resized).jpeg55DE963A-98F9-47AB-84D9-40F4894AF5FB (resized).jpeg

#1619 1 year ago

Overall, I would play this on site in a location. I’m very happy I was able to give my CE spot to someone else wanting the game.

I swapped my CE order and bought NIB Willy Wonka LE as I also liked that game and knew it’s code would last me in a home setting.

TS4 light show was nice, but personally the light show is not a reason I would drop $$$ on a game. I can care less for it.

Toy Story was surrounded by these games. I can say that I really enjoyed many Stern Pros over TS4… like Godzilla and JP.

Even if JJP swapped out the iPad for a mini-pinball playfield, still would not buy the game.

087E976C-41AF-464B-912B-41581DC39377 (resized).jpeg087E976C-41AF-464B-912B-41581DC39377 (resized).jpegD3B2F3C0-5238-424B-8B4E-B476127A54A4 (resized).jpegD3B2F3C0-5238-424B-8B4E-B476127A54A4 (resized).jpeg
#1622 1 year ago

Also, did anyone have this ball stuck problem? Left ramp plastic stopper (forgot the actual name) to temporarily stop the ball.

When it was time for the plastic piece to drop that allows the ball to continue to travel… it fails to sit flush.

Thus, causing a repeated ball stuck. Just annoyance.

5D9AC47F-13B5-4FD9-8B38-A8B14872DD28 (resized).jpeg5D9AC47F-13B5-4FD9-8B38-A8B14872DD28 (resized).jpeg
#1633 1 year ago

I will have to note when I was on site playing games, every time I see a parent bring their child to the pinball machines.. guess which game they gravitate to??

Yup, Toy Story. So, it has eye candy appeal for its familiarity and child friendly theme.

Big plus to JJP for this. I saw this over and over while I was there.

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

I was between a Cactus Canyon LE and a Toy Story CE. Went with TS4. To be honest, TS4 will get played endlessly in our basement by the kids, adults and most people visiting. Cactus Canyon or a newer Stern would not get much play other than from me and a couple of friends. I thought our Mando Premium would get the most play, but people still gravitate to our Monster Bash Remake LE or Spider-Man Vault. They are fun themes and accessible with a mix of shots.

And your not wrong that I also feel this pin was designed to account this first and foremost. If your not a great player it will actually take you time to beat this game.

I was thinking like you are about kids/family/friends, but for others the reality is we are the main individuals that will play the game. Some have limited space.

So, trying to fit this game for the list of checkboxes, the price will prevent many from buying it.

If this game was MSRP around $8-$9K, I’d buy this game no problem. This will be a hit with a certain group. Not all games require a cluster of Mechs and TS4 will be a success for those folks that like games with lack of Mechs.

The shots are very smooth. I hate that when you hit the pop bumpers it typically lands into the Buzz scoop which halts the flow of the game.

However, most modes objectives are “shot this shot X times”. Without combining multiple shots. I am aware there are modes that do that, but most modes can be completed fairly easily.

I’m a hypocrite with my reasoning. I like it, but cannot buy it for the price.

Lastly, it fits me that it’s a carnival theme… for TS4, was the carnival seriously the main focal point of the movie? I don’t think so.

The sounds made from this pinball machine all scream carnival theme and not familiar sounds made within TS franchise.

This is spite the impressive custom callouts by the great Tim Allen.

#1664 1 year ago

Long term… I know this pin will carry itself as desirable due to its association to the TS franchise.

I still opted not to buy my CE as I wanted a game with more shots and variety of code depth. Hence, I got Wonka.

I can confidently say Wonka’s code will challenge me.

#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I didn’t like POTC and I liked Dialed In and loved Wonka. I like my chances with TS4

Not gonna lie as many have said it over and over: the game shoots good and is fun to play.

I had a CE in order, but gave up my spot for Wonka.

I’m gonna wait for 2nd hand market to pay those rates. Time will tell how this goes.

I will say many non-pinheads are drawn to this machine.

#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only if you have a coupon that allow me to sell my DI for what I paid for it!

Since you brought that up… Was DI the only CE that was being sold for less that MSRP? Was there any others?

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So my question is this if a CE buyer walks away from their deposit will the distros sell a CE for 13k since they already collect 2k down?

If I was a distro, it’s a non-refundable deposit. So, distro keeps it and resells the game for MSRP.

After all, the distro now has to find another buyer (assuming no waitlist) and assumes the risk to not sell the product.

Is this the thought process of a distro?

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I was at my local pinball place AYCE Gogi last night for a few hours and from my brief observations I'll say this much. Between it's very colorful artwork and bright light show making it easy to spot across the room, kids gravitating to it the minute they walked into the room, it's comparatively easy play allowing novices decent ball times and it being in use the entire time I was there makes it seem to me like this will be a very good earner on location. It is a pricey machine however it seems like it will still be great as a value add / talking point / attraction for locations that offer other services like food, etc. This is speculation on my part, but it has the feel of a game taht can bring new novice players into pinball rather then kick their ass and scare them away like other games do.
I did play it as well and liked it, not enough to buy one but I'll definitely toss quarters into it every time I'm there.

The awesome part is they only charge .75 cents a game. I hate odd numbers, but not bad to pay one quarter more than the rest to play a $12,000 game.

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.. So soon? Typically you would CE's selling later down the road with this low amount of plays. Huh....

I spent $30 in quarters to know this game is not for me. Was there that many Sight unseen buyers for a $12K common pinball (LE version)?

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Apparently there were. The FOMO is real for a lot of people.
Also, I had a good Army buddy who's last name was Zermeno, I wonder if he was any relation? He was a really good dude. Still miss him.

I guess FOMO was strong for some spite the initial developments of the game.
Huh… not too many Zermeno’s living on the state side. Majority of my family live in Mexico so it’s a surprise when I find another individual with my last name.. however, my old man did say our last name is common in Mexico (not like Sanchez).

I am not aware of any relatives that served in USA military.

2 weeks later
#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

The seller has been trying to sell the spot since June 13th, they originally were trying to get a $2500 profit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/137266

People should have followed my lead and not be greedy. Thankfully worked out for me, but I’d suspect it would be a little difficult to get rid of your spot now.

Too many available slots from distros. Why get it from another buyer when you can go directly to the distro of your choice?

#1863 1 year ago

Agree with a code update could push demand for the game. See Wonka CE for example. Most know they could easily get picked up at local distro….
I think after the last big code dump it polished off the code and improved it by a big margin.

That is what I’ve gathered from folks on different platforms as I do not own a CE.

Can TS4 CE have the same outcome?? I agree it’s tough with 1,000 units

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really like my GZLE Ho! not letting it go.
GNR doesn’t have the nerd factor going for it. As far as being “weighed”, it’s coming in at #14. Doesn’t need to get any better.
AC/DC at #21 must really suck and suffer from “wanting”. Lol
Not that any of it matters with rankings, it doesn’t. Only my rankings matter. And yours for what you like.
You can go back to shitting on TS4 now

I will have to say GZ theme did nothing for me... the various B/W scenes with cheesy old school fighting scenes made me laugh often.
The shots, layout, and use of the tech was so FRESH! That alone made me come back to the pin to play it even not liking the theme.

That will be the same for me with TS4. Ended up not liking its theme execution, but the game is fun to play. I'll never beat it as I only intend to play it on location.

2 weeks later
#2510 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe I jumped the gun and will regret bailing. Time will tell.
I will say waiting on the CE gave me wayyyyyy too much time to think about the purchase.

Well, at the moment is seems that perhaps TS4 CE's could remain around kinda like how Wonka CE's did. Could JJP seriously alter TS4 code such that it can become a bigger hit like Wonka? I doubt it as JJP repeatedly said the game comes with nearly completed code. Injecting a new Wizard mode, multi-modes, etc... does not seem to fit the bill with "nearly completed code".

Given JJP said sales have made ATH earner, I don't think they have an incentive to push major code update.

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Having a mode like Somewhere over the Rainbow in a ruleset only enhances a games value IMO. Pinball rules are static, once the code is considered complete there's no expanding on the ruleset. The deeper the ruleset the better for me as I keep games in my collection for years and always want something to go after.

Well said and agree 100%!!! This is what I look for when buying games for my home setting. Does every game need this? No, but providing this option enables the game to live longer in a home setting.

Many people can still enjoy the game for short and long games.

1 week later
#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'd probably buy a CE at that price.

I 2nd that. I’ll force room to happen. Who needs a formal dining area anyways?

1 week later
#2573 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got the same emails....no thanks .... my guess is many distributors will be stuck with these games for a long while

Next question would be: When will the discounts begin??

1 week later
#2681 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

It's all about the cost. I have a Godzilla and play TS4 many times over Godzilla. In fact of my 4 JJP pins TS 4 is my second favorite after WW. Playing a JJP and playing a Stern is like driving a Cadillac vs a Volkswagen.

What agree with you there I really love my Willy Wonka and when I was on location playing Godzilla and TS4, I loved the shots on Godzilla but I could not enjoy the theme and the cut scenes were just too silly for me. To me TS4 will probably last As a classic pinball machine years to come because the franchise is such a beloved title

1 month later
#2862 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No you called me an asset collector which is crazy for anyone who knows me.
The prices have jumped to the point that it’s not worth it to me any more. Simple as that. It was already nuts but I did it anyway. Now it’s crazy town.

I would 2nd this statement. It is getting very hard for me to fork over $$$ and justify to the wife why I must buy pinball X. That happened recently with the re-run of TNA.

She knew i've been wanting it for quite some time so this is probably my pass. However, after paying $11.5K for Wonka LE this summer, I just can't anymore.... Can't. I'm sure I can stick with 90's machines, but then I have the good ole California space issue.

Wish I was located closer to a pinball center to play loads of games, but I'll stick with the few machines a local eatery has to offer for now.

Maybe after global recession resell market will go back down again?

Well, not hoping for global recession but hard not to deny what is happening globally.

3 weeks later
#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you for the tip, I'm going to change that setting!
Finally got my CE setup. TS4 CE is definitely the most impressive looking game I’ve owned, I’m pleasantly surprised. The topper must weight 30lbs or more lol. Absolutely stunning.
[quoted image]

Yup… looks sexy. At the current price I see it hanging around for a while.

I might join the club in a few years once I settle other obligations and recover from buying Wonka/TNA.

You give me an inside peek how TS4 CE will look next to Wonka LE. Same setup I’ll have eventually (minus WOZ…. Decided not to buy one).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=zermeno68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.