20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#587 1 year ago

Not really a theme I'm interested in, but I like some of whats going on in the playfield. I do predict a ton of broken things with that ball ramping into the open like that.

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mad Max, Beyond Thinderdome

Non pinballers have no idea what these machines cost. Friends think i paid 1500 for my METLE.
They wont sell to non pinballers for that reason.

Do you get embarrassed to tell them? I do. They get all excited and say "how much would it cost me to buy this" and I say...too much.

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Why doesn’t anyone ask the TS designers where exactly they are on the code? Betcha they are nowhere near a code release that delivers what they promise on that SDTM promo.
They think we should be excited about a special wizard mode they’ve designed that a 12-year-old or only a Karl DeAngelo clone can reach?
POTC still doesn’t have its ultimate wizard mode (final code) and it’s been FOUR years!! The beta was apparently abandoned as well! Put the game in the box, abandon it in less than a year and then onto the next game.

Well...i mean..that isn't exactly uncommon in the pinball realm. The issue is they keep releasing them with earlier and earlier code. Sure you MIGHT get a code update 3-4 years down the road, but most likely won't.

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

It does seem like in every JJP reveal he gets a bit more philosophical and confusing. He basically professed when Wonka was released that an operator friendly SE was essential to grow pinball.
Now he’s talking exclusive BoBeep callouts for CE and approachable objectives are critical for novices/kids.
Who can realistically operate 12-15k machines or are we done with that vision now?

Do you really think he's coming up with those marketing terms? Someone told him to say those things to try to justify the insane cost.

#688 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s not how it works. Toy Story IS the license. Each movie doesn’t have a price tag, it’s an overall franchise license. An animated franchise does not have the same licensing issues as live action movies.

Actually yes it does. Movies are movies and licensing and rights change hands or go dormant between sequels. Happens all the time. Not only that, Disney, regardless of who approached who, holds all the cards here. It isn't going to hurt their wallet if a Toy Story pin doesn't exist.

I mean, why did DE put out LW3 rather than just LW? Wasn't there also a Batman Forever pin? (Cough).

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re not understanding my point.
Of course the contract has specifics and Disney made the rules of what can and can’t be used. All I’m saying is that the people who think Toy Story has different “per film” licenses and costs for consumer products is WRONG. It’s not TS4 because “that’s the cheap one”. Toy Story is an overall valuable IP. There aren’t tiers of licensing prices based on each movie.

I'm not saying it DOES, I'm saying just because it is animation doesn't mean it doesn't. Different people involved with each. Regardless of IP.

In this case you may be mostly correct since it is Disney/Pixar. Much of it is the same across all the films (except the new one coming out).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Story_(franchise)

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We just have to accept that for some people, this is pocket change. So, they’ll buy it & enjoy it…or buy it & sell it. No big whoop.

Read an article yesterday talking about the US has more millionaires than ever. Also, apparently the boating industry didn't get the recession memo. I don't think the pinball industry did either.

#872 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I keep watching gameplay streams to hopefully like this enough to maybe buy an LE but I just don’t understand the logic behind the mini digital pinball on the 10” iPad inside a 12k physical pin, there must have been better video mode ideas?

I think it was a 'this hasnt' been done before' mindset. Without playing it (I have no issues with virtual pinball), I can't say if it is good or bad. But judging how many people hate things like AC/DC's lower pf, or many games upper pf's I imagine most people are just going to find it annoying. I've never thought video modes in pinball games were very good to begin with, but if they can tie playing the real game with the virtual pin at the same time in some way, it might be just another way to do bonuses.

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

A good move for sticking an iPad in the playfield. Good way to attract kids even more besides the theme of course. I mean why not.

All it needs to do is spit out candy as a reward and they have a winner!

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Let's say you charge $1.00 a play. Of that dollar you have to give .25 to .50 back to the location. So liberally you're taking in .75 cents per game played. The moment a quarter is dropped thru the coin slot the game depreciates by %20 in the eyes of the collector community regardless of how well it is cared for and maintained.
So I need the machine to reach 3200 plays to reach an even point on the purchase. It would take my machines like a year and a half to get that many plays if it remains popular.
In the past this wasn't as big of a deal because the price of the machine raised faster than that depreciation hit on it not being HUO. I have a hard time seeing this title get more expensive over time at this price point. Dealers having them in stock after release day is a pretty good indicator.
I can buy a Godzilla pro for 6800 that has the exact same math but the starting purchase price is so much lower. I don't even typically purchase premium titles because the price vs earnings gap has never made sense as they all earn around the same. I will buy every single CGC game because they are rock solid quality and play amazing and at a lower price point.
The other piece is how awful JJP customer service is. I had the driver board on my GNR go back and JJP straight up accused me of frying it and wanted to charge me $400 for a new one. Eventually after berating them on pinside they sent me a new one but you imagine that a $400 hit with such thin margins isn't a small deal. The playfield just chip away as well when I've never removed a post or done any modifications but JJP blames the customer.
The next logical step is that I need to charge 1.50 or $2.00 a game. I'm just not a believer people will pay it at this point. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to hear ideas on how to make it work.

TBH I wasn't even sure how they were getting money back at 6-10k, let alone higher. I assume it was sell it as fast as you can.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol. Those are two completely different things. Until “people report[ing] playing the game” turn into confirmed game sales, the market has not spoken.
The “sales” you cite are not end user transactions, but distributor allocations. That JJP counts them as sales is irrelevant. What counts is whether collectors and operators buy them.
Way way too early to consider this game a sales success.

Maybe he liked it so much he bought them all.

#1176 1 year ago

At some point, if they want to keep raising the prices, they are going to need to finally add THE up front mech. They have the skills. They have the parts. Now they just need the balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.