20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is it going to be 12k? Yes. Are the playfields going to disintegrate? Yes. Will JJP ignore customer support emails? Yes. Am I out? Yes

D9F6AEC2-B416-41B9-90AB-E9FDC23E37C1.gifD9F6AEC2-B416-41B9-90AB-E9FDC23E37C1.gif
#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hooray! Based on the number of people in this thread passing on TS, I should have no problem getting my CE!

You win! The race to the bottom….

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Theme is way to kiddy for me.

+1. Adult oriented themes for me. Ahhh….thank you.

1A6A37E9-7F33-4B78-AEB6-83A4EAC11CF4.gif1A6A37E9-7F33-4B78-AEB6-83A4EAC11CF4.gif

1 week later
#317 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What about this manly theme[quoted image]

Hey if that’s your thing…

I’m more of a Gianna Michaels kinda hetero myself. But you be you.

1 week later
#765 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The one thing I fear JJP Toys Story 4 game has done, is suggest pricing for Stern to start selling their new Prems at 10k + now. That's the only new innovation I see on this title from JJP and not in a positive way for us at all.

That’s fine. I’ve been done with Stern and JJP for years now. They can out-price each other forever. No value for my money.

Lemmings gotta-have-it’s can whine later about pf and service issues; and there will be whining.

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Whiffed on getting a CE but I am no.1 on my distributor's list for an LE which he tells me should arrive in early July. As to all the naysayers, just remember what happened with POTC and WONKA. Like great art, many pinballs are not fully appreciated until they become no longer available NIB. Time will tell if this is one more example. I for one am certain that my family will have great fun with it.

Uh huh.

I’ll spin the wheel of chance on losing out.

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

I don't disagree with you and as I said not every game is for everyone. A lot of old school pinball guys wanted Rush, but Rush honestly isn't a very popular band with only 4 million spotify listeners per month compared to say Queen at 30 million. Why no Queen? I dunno. But the people who wanted Rush wanted it very badly, and they're happy as a lark. Good for them. I can think of 50 bands/groups with 2 to 10 times more popularity than Rush I certainly didn't want to see a Rush pinball especially before say Nirvana. C'mon already. But Rush has their base and their base was on cloud nine. The rest of us Nirvana or Queen fans will have to wait I guess. Point being everyone has their tastes but Rush is still a really nice pinball game despite not really being a fan... I was like OH NO RUSH, but I got the game played it and liked it. Rush is no dream theme for me but its a really nice game all the same.
Toy Story might not be for you but at least PLAY TOY STORY and see what you think.

I found these arguments foolish because we see people on this very site asking for $20,000 for their Jurassic Park LE. What is so much better about Jurassic Park LE than the Premium some powder coating??? We see people asking for 20k for Deadpool, some whacko wanted 25k for Tron, someone just put up a Batman 66 SLE for 60k... yeah I said that right 60K.
Obviously they didn't sell but right now people are asking a lot for their games. RIGHT NOW NEW GAMES cost LESS than USED GAMES... think about that. How can anyone complain about Toy Story at 12k considering people want $12k for Led Zep with a topper. HUH?
The price is high but its not out of line with what the secondarily market is asking for used games. I see someone wants 10k for a Stranger Things PRO... we're talking 2k difference for Toy Story which has a massive screen, powder coating, all the JJP typical bells and whistles.
I can agree I don't like where pinball is heading but look at prices for rent in New York 4k a month average right now, nearly 7 dollars for gas in California, everything is out of control right now including pinball.

Pie in the sky requests. Even if one I D 10 T paid 60 grand for anything would still not interest me. California and NY are exodus states and Rich flexing is just that. And this ain’t 30 years ago when folks cared.

Pinball is AT where it was headed with pricing and I have faith that my fellow cooler heads will prevail. Or not. I’m still enjoying the show.

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No, don’t buy buy buy if it doesn’t interest you.

Done, done and done. Cuz it don’t.

Appreciate the video though. Your podcasts are getting sooo much better.

Ya’ll have that ‘radio’ voice thing going. Digging it.

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

People make all this ridiculous claims they don’t like a game because lack of assets… well NO Steven Spielberg produced movie has ever had movie assets. So expect some kind of CGI based cartoon version of Jaws. Jurassic Park had zero assets and lets call a spade a spade the artwork is terrible. The game is fun but the artwork is bad and has ZERO assets.
Honestly its pointless arguing or debating Toy Story pros and cons with people who haven’t played the game. Maybe we should pick this conversation back up maybe a month. Once people play the game their opinions changes drastically.
If we can just admit however that Jurassic Park by Stern isn’t really Jurassic Park its merely a dinosaur themed game I’ll sleep better tonight. LOL

Arguing. You make a great point. You are trying to argue. No one’s gonna bend right now. Theme is important to folks who value that. Gameplay regardless of theme seems less popular but I’d guess a close second.

Price? Yeah…that’s not going away anytime soon.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

What a stupid comment. My JP and Hook disagree with you. Nice collection of LE machines you have. Must be nice to have more money than. . .well never mind. Heads up, you are coming off as a fanboy and it is not a good look.

I honestly think this might be Dr Frightener dupe account.

Similarities are spot on. ‘I like what I like and you’re WRONG! Here are randomized examples of why you suck.’

This shit always amuses me. Only think better is when they pm you and REALLY let their freak flag fly.

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I honestly think this might be Dr Frightener dupe account.
Similarities are spot on. ‘I like what I like and you’re WRONG! Here are randomized examples of why you suck.’
This shit always amuses me. Only think better is when they pm you and REALLY let their freak flag fly.

Correction: I was referring to Black light prod, not Swainer. I was agreeing with Swainer. I reread and can see how it’s confusing.

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well technically not a dupe since he started this account 6 days after cancelling the OG one

He’s such a piece of work. Easily rattled. Fun for hours.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"It's just where the market is".
People are having a tough time coming to grips with that fact. Like it or not. I understand it's crazy and ridiculous but it is what it is for now.
Here's a good example, Thunderbird was over in the Munsters thread pumping up the LE sale at $17,500 and saying it's going a lot higher because of how great the game is. I have one, and I love mine but............... $17,500 and up?
THAT is the problem right there. Yes prices are insane but people now EXPECT to buy a game for X and sell it a lot higher for Y.
What did you think was going to happen? The "money grabs"? Take a peek at the Pinside Marketplace. It's not one or two, it's across the board.

Truth. At some point the last buyer will be the latest loser in resale.

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from Firechief:

Anyone that’s pissed at pricing (which I get) should also consider this to be a good thing long term for pinball imo. Capital investment into pinball will encourage more competition and pinballs machines to come to market. Other companies will see there is plenty of money to be made and will increase development and production. Prices then will come down due to increased competition. Similar to any commodity cycle.
Pinball is just in the beginning stages of a new golden era. Prices will come to more affordable levels as production increases. Lumber is down to almost precovid levels and other materials will follow imo.

Yet NONE of that has happened en masse.

More like the mafia is running the hobby. Take more…give back, just a little. Then take some fucking more. They don’t like it? Raise prices again. It’ll make the last price look like we’re giving it away. BA-DA-BOOM.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

*** It’s Been Decided - TS4 is Fun and it’s Worth the Price. ***
The market has spoken, and most people report enjoying playing the game. Those that hate this offering will quickly add,”but it’s not worth it”. Well that is false too, as evidenced by week 1 sales. IMO JJP sold 1k CE’s and 2.5k LE’s. 3.5k people think TS4 is worth it and have put the money where their mouth is. More TS4 are being sold each day.
There seems to be a couple of posts where after someone plays TS4 then they bought an LE. Hence we conclude it is worth it for them. Some posts even report they will have a CE and LE, and this was after playing one.
But don’t feel mad or feel guilty if TS4 doesn’t hit your buttons. Not every game should appeal to you. It’s only pinball.

You meant it’s been decided in your household or business, right? Cuz the flippers bought out the CE’s and are now stuck with them and the Distro’s are trying to sell the LE’s.

Just cuz folks ponied up in this market don’t mean it’s a sell out hit.

Or maybe it is…in that case, nope.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I believe we’ve established in this thread when an order is taken and a non-refundable deposit made, that game gets counted as sold. Just like Stern does. A deposit collected is a sale. True Distributors have TS4LE’s available but they’ve been selling them too. So preliminary indications appear JJP sold 3.5k games (no I have no evidence just trying to take a market pulse and I’ll bet you this estimate is as good as anyone’s, at this point.). JJP has to build the games and fix the couple of issues I mentioned, before I’d consider this game successful. But the sales part of the equation, after 1 week, would have to be interpreted as successful. Right?

Sucks that they never release sales numbers. No ideas how many CE or LE models Distro’s are sitting on. Pure speculation at this point. But man o man this is one divisive pin.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I have a JJP #WOZ RR, I always wanted a #POTC CE (I had the chance but thought I'd pick one up used later on, how wrong I was). I think I have a nice collection, I look at theme, artwork, playfield mechs and gameplay. If a game plays great and the theme and artwork are bad, then ...believe it or not...i'd probably walk away. Pinball is both fun and a piece of mechanical and artistic beauty.
So upon hearing of Toy Story for JJP, I didn't hesitate, I put myself down for a CE.
Now after hearing so many cons about it being solely a TS4 theme, the bare playfield and the off the shelf toys, I'm torn.
The pros include well done artwork and its certainly family friendly.
TBD is how I feel about gameplay...not someone else's opinion.
This price point bothers me, I don't feel like taking a $15K gamble. I feel like giving up my spot and waiting for something else to come out.

You commit to 15k for this you’ll be, although indirectly as one buyer, helping drive prices up even higher.

Scalpers ask 15k people go huh? What?

Companies ask 15k we’ve got ourselves a huge panic on the 4th of July.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got a call from my boss. They ordereed an LE for the company office and asked if I could set it up since Im a pinball guy. Shows up next week!
Will give an unbiased review after extensive testing. I don't work in that building, but it's 20 minutes from my house I can put some serious time on it.
They've done Avengers, Led Zeppelin LE, Star Wars LE, and Deadpool LE in the past.

Awesome. Totally unbiased opinion from neither a collector or a busy arcade player.

Love to see how this holds up in ‘one more play’ setting.

I played it, finally. It was what I was afraid it would’ve been.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Difficulty settings are a new feature now?

Yes. Also comes with the fantastic ON/OFF setting as well as various ‘menu’ features.

I’m picking fun of some companies offering these up as game optional features. Well, technically…
628FE035-F574-443D-B034-636D9F0372A7.gif628FE035-F574-443D-B034-636D9F0372A7.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.