20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago

I love animation.
Toy Story is one of the greatest trilogies ever (I’m ignoring 4 lol).

I’m out. Too many things about JJP rub me the wrong way. Issues aside, I have enough crazy fun crazy deep new games to entertain me. I don’t need it.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

U own a TOTAN dude, shallow as a puddle. One of the worst rules in Pinball

Depth doesn’t always equal fun. It usually just means a game has to be easy and play for 45 min because there’s too much content crammed into it.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Thats the good thing about this hobby, something for everyone. LOTR was one of my fav pins of all times. TSPP is one of my least favorites.

Exactly. That’s why it’s pointless to shame games based on “depth”. Depth isn’t a sliding scale for quality or fun. Bad games are bad for deeper reasons than lack of depth.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Patrick Warburton would work fine if Tim A isnt available

I love P-Warbs, but he's NOT Buzz Lightyear. Sure, he was Buzz on the Disney Channel cartoon, but he just sounds like Joe from Family Guy. He's also not cheap...he's an accomplished award winning SAG actor.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

They should get the real Woody and Buzz to do the call outs. I bet they’d do it for free just to make us kids happy.

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaah no.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

The forkie thing really was the scrappy doo of the franchise.

Forky is really annoying. It’s basically repeating the Woody/Buzz dynamic if Buzz was mentally challenged & suicidal. It gets old pretty quickly. Pixar usually catches you with an honest emotional hook that gets you in the gut. TS4’s attempt at that really felt forced, manufactured and inauthentic. TS1 is just a great entertaining film. TS2 & 3 have some real human moments that being a tear to your eye. TS4, I felt nothing.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm not 7. I'm out.
But a movie for children…

What an insult to a great film that was made for & enjoyed by anyone of any age. I thought we were past this ignorance about animation being trash for kids.

Your loss.

3 weeks later
#376 1 year ago

OMG, it’s TS4 specifically?!?! This is the biggest whiff & botch of a license I’ve ever seen.

TS 1 & 2 are incredible & 3 is a solid cap to a trilogy. 4 was a cash grab & kinda sucks. If they just called it “Toy Story” and had some stuff from 4, cool - but actually CALLING IT “TOY STORY 4”?!?! OMG…I would love to know how/why this happened.

Anyway - easy hard pass for me. I love TS as a whole, but I hate TS4 as an individual movie.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

Its simple, Toy Story 1 2 3 all classics with classic characters. Of all the movies, 4 was the worst. Why would they pick to base this on 4! No, I'm out.

I know it was prob a licensing issue, but I imagined a moving/talking Potatohead on the playfield, insulting you as you play. Could have been the “Rudy” of this game.

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

In TS4 Disney/Pixar created/owns essentially all the characters, that's probably a lot of it.

Potatohead was in TS4. They still could have made the game based on elements of the entire series and left out Potato.

#451 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just watched the official video... There's some good stuff in there, do we know who did the sound? They really miss David Thiel, Wonka sounded horrendous, I hope this also doesn't sound like a slot.
What's up with the stuck on figures, they look cheap and nasty. Wish there was a cool mech or something, I can't see any innovation at all.

Sounds like the same slot machine synth as Wonka. Thiel is a god.

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Callouts are by Tim Allen and Annie Potts (Bo Peep), but she is only on the CE. LE only gets Buzz callouts.

Woody, too....but not Tom Hanks. Likely his brother.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Agreed
But it's got Annie Potts!
Who?

I take it you’ve never seen Ghostbusters?

19615903-7A25-462E-A8A9-D8641A537442 (resized).jpeg19615903-7A25-462E-A8A9-D8641A537442 (resized).jpeg
#558 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

As a huge Toy Story fan, and someone who was on a preorder list, this was an epic fail. Never mind the fact that it's based on TS 4 (that's bad enough), but look at the PF. WTF? Where are the toys? You'd think a pin based on a movie about toys would...I don't know....actually have freaking toys on it? The most exciting part of the pin is the jump ramp, and that's a rehash by Lawlor from No Good Gofers. Lame.
Order cancelled.

I've got 4 Lawlor games that collectively cost less than half of the LE. So, for me - yeah I need to see Lawlor doing something REEAAAAALLLY rad to bite. I realize I'm not the target customer anymore, but I do buy new games occasionally (R&M, Godzilla, Rush, UM all quasi-recently). The films' gimmick is toys "COMING TO LIFE"...and all the character toys are just static figures. Forky is so spazzy, at least put him on a coil & spring. Figure out how to put Jessie on Bullseye & "run around". Buzz's wings could be a ramp that retracts or acts as a diverter. Even just having Rex & Hamm with moving heads and/or jaws. Zurg with light up eyes. The CLAW or even the claw machine with little aliens jumping around.

IMO this doesn't feel like a Toy Story machine...it feels like a "Pat Lawlor Brand" machine with a Toy Story skin.

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Maybe this game isn't meant to appeal to the Male demographic. My little girl probably likes this. That is why she can never
see this game EVER.. If this was Frozen it would sold out 10x times.

My little girl likes Rick & Morty, Revenge from Mars and Jurassic Park, lol. She loves Frozen, Little Mermaid and Muppets...strangely, she doesn't give AF about Toy Story. Maybe when she's older - I think the plot is more relatable after you've grown up a bit.

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It reminds me of a game based on a carnival with Toy Story 4 plastered all over it. Pretty uninspiring IMO.

Yeah, it's like...sure, 4 partially takes place at a carnival, but carnival just isn't really what you think of when you think of Toy Story. Disnelyland's Toy Story area leans into the carnival game thing...but that makes sense AT a theme park.

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Who did the art on the game?

Youssi….but it seems to be mostly pre-made stuff from Pixar’s product style guide that he’s arranged in Photoshop.

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

No matter what people are saying here, this will be an emotional buy for so many regardless of how the theme doesn't hit home, etc.,

Emotions are working against the game. People are emotionally invested in TS1-3. No one has any emotion for 4, and the fact that it’s just 4 is creating a negative emotional response. Every single person I know who was on a list has cancelled/bailed. Yes, anecdotal - obviously the games will still…but the usual suspects that I know who buy everything have fled.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I just don't get it...but will stick to my theory that JJP battled Disney all day and all night over this no matter what lipstick you put on the marketing

My theories:

-Pat or someone at JJP thought that “TS4” is contemporary & the others are old, so people would like that more.

-Pat saw the carnival & EM pinball machine in 4, and gravitated toward that.

-Pat or Joe said “I’m not stuffing 4 movies worth of modes and content into this thing, most people play for 5 minutes & drain”.

The only possible thing I can think of Pixar/Disney possibly caring about is mixing clips of all 4 on the LCD, as each one looked pretty different than the last as technology got better & better. Perhaps they wanted a cohesive aesthetic.

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

icensing has been recently explained on another forum and this is not how it works.
In a nutshell, jjp bought a cheap license and not 1-2-3 which demands a higher price.

That’s not how it works. Toy Story IS the license. Each movie doesn’t have a price tag, it’s an overall franchise license. An animated franchise does not have the same licensing issues as live action movies.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually yes it does. Movies are movies and licensing and rights change hands or go dormant between sequels. Happens all the time. Not only that, Disney, regardless of who approached who, holds all the cards here. It isn't going to hurt their wallet if a Toy Story pin doesn't exist.
I mean, why did DE put out LW3 rather than just LW? Wasn't there also a Batman Forever pin? (Cough).

You’re comparing live action to animation. Different beasts, different contracts. Toy Story: The License is NOT charged per movie with different movies being different prices. Directors of animated movies aren’t DGA, and the characters on screen don’t have agents and likeness rights contracts.

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Unless you have specific info on the JJP / Disney contract, you don't really know what it includes and what it doesn't. You don't just "get the license" (regardless if it is an animated property or not), the specifics can (and do) change on every deal.

You’re not understanding my point.

Of course the contract has specifics and Disney made the rules of what can and can’t be used. All I’m saying is that the people who think Toy Story has different “per film” licenses and costs for consumer products is WRONG. It’s not TS4 because “that’s the cheap one”. Toy Story is an overall valuable IP. There aren’t tiers of licensing prices based on each movie.

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

But they got Tom Hanks’ brother to do callouts! WTH? That leaves hope they could get Colin Hanks if they ever do a Jumanji pin.
Or maybe his cousin, Jethro Hanks.

LOL - Jim’s been doing all the Woody merch/product voices since the 90’s. If you ever had a talking Woody toy that says “There’s a snake in my boot”, it’s Jim, not Tom.

#719 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Unless you have inside info into their deal, it is certainly possible that JJP bought only the rights to TS4 because it was cheaper than getting the rights to the whole franchise.

Well, you can chose to not trust me. But trust me. “Toy Story” is the license. It’s not film by film…there’s no “cheaper”. You’re paying to be a Toy Story product, period. However, for an application like this that uses film assets, it’s likely Disney said “only use TS4” for aesthetic reasons…the films all look so different, it’s more cohesive as a product to just use 4.

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I have no reason to trust you.

LOL, OK. If that makes you feel better.

Who cares, the game is TS4 and there’s nothing we can do now.

#755 1 year ago

Because Disney movies were historically known for their white male protagonists.

A1F88083-B4D9-4B48-AD35-9357A61D0B65.pngA1F88083-B4D9-4B48-AD35-9357A61D0B65.png

Being an angry sexist racist must be exhausting. Try, ya know…the opposite?

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I personally refuse to buy anything non-essential (eg. pinball machines) based on FOMO. How bizarre that we live in a world with adults (!) falling for pinball FOMO.

We just have to accept that for some people, this is pocket change. So, they’ll buy it & enjoy it…or buy it & sell it. No big whoop.

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I keep watching gameplay streams to hopefully like this enough to maybe buy an LE but I just don’t understand the logic behind the mini digital pinball on the 10” iPad inside a 12k physical pin, there must have been better video mode ideas?

Video modes are for CHODES.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

You miss the point Greg. Video modes are not for us buddy, they are to entice the younger generation into actually giving pinball a go, sprinkle in a number of digital modes along with the physical mode progression and it’s a best of both, just make them optional at the beginning of each players ball one, like the old sega games that gave you a choice of normal or easy mode.
Unfortunately most are simply not interested in a physical gaming experiences these days, but if you can sprinkle those digital elements into the game then it’s less of a uphill battle.

That’s the Boomeriest of Boomer takes. If kids wanna look at a screen, they all have screens. It’s a normal part of life, not something that’s going to impress them in a pinball machine. They’ll either like pinball or they won’t. On top of that, this game is too expensive for operators. You won’t see them in kiddie locations.

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I deal with this on a regular. My 3 year old and 6 year old are now only allowed to have some time with the ipad only on weekends.
They would watch youtube kids until their eyes bleed if allowed.

I have a 2 1/2 year old, and we don’t have an iPad in the house. Thankfully, she rarely wants to grab our phones - usually she just wants to see pictures or videos of herself. She’s going to have such a different set of references than her friends …she loves vinyl records, Pee-Wee’s playhouse, and pinball.

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Moral here is why would you do a car review from seeing a video of the car, wouldn't you drive it first. Why are there so many critics based on a photo or a short video. Isn't pinball a game you play?

Because most people can’t play before buying if everyone is FOMO crazy & the game is likely to sell out. We can only form an opinion based on the information we have.

#960 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My favorite years with my daughter were age 3-5. Take time off work, take extra vacations, and cherish every moment

Well, one of the weird “perks” of covid was working from home. Without the time & energy wasted on commuting, I’ve been able to spend waaaaay more quality time with her than I would have otherwise. I make her breakfast every day, I take her to the park, we go swimming, read books, play games, watch movies, go to the farmers market, etc. It’s awesome. I know things will change - but I hope our bond from these early years stays strong & gets us through the challenges.

Quoted from pinmister:

I am struggling right now trying to get my daughter to interact and get off the stupid phone. She does not like watching TV at all and I have to force her to watch it. I had to almost drag her to the theatre to see Top Gun. This Tik Tok BS is taking over her life

I’m lucky my toddler has a great attention span and a taste for good movies lol. As someone who grew up loving video games & TV/movies, I almost feel like a hypocrite feeling this way - but I think it’s been proven that social media is waaaay more addicting & dangerous than anything we grew up with. It’ll be tough to navigate this with my kids. Kinda hoping by the time mine are old enough, kids rebel against technology & are into community gardening or something lol.

#1018 1 year ago

But here is where you’re confusing me… people love Jurassic Park from Stern and it has ZERO assets including the artwork. Why do you love that game

Cuz it has an animatronic T-Rex that eats my balls. Do Buzz & Woody move & eat my balls?! Pat Lawlor made Rudy eat my balls. Come on, eat my balls JJP!!!

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That’s it, let’s blame Disney. They fucked up Star Wars too.

Good thing Pat made his masterpiece, Family Guy, before Disney owned it!

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I realize you are biased, but do you really think Family Guy is a masterpiece?

Yup. At the time, it was Sterns most “Williams feeling” game. Until R&M, it had the most custom comedy dialog any game ever had. It had a unique toy no one had ever seen. The rules are awesome & deep. Great David Thiel music & sound. It’s a great game. Pat did the license justice, even though he hated it lol

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Actually played Family Guy a couple weeks at Pinball Dudes (it's been awhile since I've seen one). I never liked the mini-pinball with the funky balls (and still don't). I can understand why Pat hated it...I'm not a fan of how the game shoots either. The callouts, dots and art package are cool...

LOL - Pat hated the license, not his own work. The game shoots great.

#1042 1 year ago

If we can just admit however that Jurassic Park by Stern isn’t really Jurassic Park its merely a dinosaur themed game I’ll sleep better tonight. LOL

JP was like $7k prem & $9k LE when it came out. I’m sure for $12k/$15k, they could have gotten more assets.

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

How can anyone hate the Family Guy license? Didn't even consider that

Consider the time in pinball history. Gary & Pat were both interested in operators & location, but they both had a totally different view. Pat saw FGY as something limited to adult locations only. Bars, period. He knew they couldn’t sell any to family locations - or even family home collectors. Gary, knowing how well South Park sold & earned, saw it as a winner for bar/college locations & for home buyers who wanted a game with some comedy/edge. Gary called all the shots on themes, and often bumped heads with the designers. Ritchie had to beg & scream to do Spider-Man…Gary thought it was some baby kid theme like Barney & didn’t want to do it. Gary kept trying to do what he thought would be great “adult/bar” themes like WOF, 24 & CSI - and those themes dragged the company to its lowest point. Stern still does some adult-ish themes like GOT & Walking Dead, but they’re more “cool” pop culture themes that people are really passionate about.

I’m not sure if Pat hated FGY overall, but he hated it as a pinball theme. That being said, he was totally professional & watched every single episode. He had a ton of great ideas to translate the show into pinball. The initial pitch of the mini pinball was that it was a Stewie mind control invention. I don’t think that “plot” is really there in the final game, but it still works. We shot some ideas down, but gave him a ton of others & he rolled with them. He originally wanted the evil monkey to be moving around on a track, like the DI guy. We didn’t think the monkey should be out all the time…since he always hides in the closet. So, the monkey became the ramp flap target. I pitched that it would be funny for there to be a Meg shot that’s just there to beat on her, and that ended up in the game. We were trying to get Herbert in the game, but Stern said “no pedophiles in the game”….but then they hired Trudeau….oooph.

#1119 1 year ago

Nope, I wish. I’d have more pins lol

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The paradigm is never shifted. Why do you expect this one to do that?

I think it’s because that was the original promise & premise of JJP. Jack created it because his customers didn’t want “cheap, shallow, photoshop Sterns with no mechs”. They were supposed to be “the next Bally Williams”. They’ve never quite reached that promise, and players/buyers are still hoping for it, only to be disappointed in some fashion each new release.

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I think there are two opposing forces. You can have simple rules but the game can kick your ass on the regular. I have TNA which is about as simple as it can get, but that game is an ass kicker and I have only made it to 3 reactors out of 9.

I think the best games have deep rules that don’t make you feel useless if you’re not good enough to get there. They still have fun & satisfying things “close to the start button”. Some
of the newer Sterns have gotten really good at this.

JP - Deep AF & very hard - but, almost any newb can hit the car, feed the T-Rex, start the Raptor Multiball, and see at least 1 paddock.

GZ - Also deep & difficult - but anyone can bash the building & prob start a Multiball. Getting a Kaiju battle isn’t too tough. Bashing Mecha Godzilla is pretty straightforward.

Rush - To understand & enjoy all the depth is for experts, but almost anyone can start a song mode & enjoy.

A well thought out design/ruleset can be fun for casuals & not be dumbed down.

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BTTf is massive IF Stern picks the right version. Movie 1 - hell yeah. Movies 1-3 - yeah. Movie 3 only - FFS No, Cartoon movie of BTTF - hell yeah. BTTF in name only and you have your own adventure (like JP is and Jaws is rumored to be) - no way.

Normally I’d agree - but after JP, I’m open to a new pinball narrative, especially if Elwin did it…and they got the real Doc & Biff for callouts, and the player was Marty or a new kid to go on new time travel adventures….it could work.

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well as I've been saying for decades: Borg without Lyman gets you jack shit.
Look it up.

That was my fear with Rush, especially since Lyman loved Rush - I really wanted him coding this game. That being said, the game & code are absolutely fantastic…it’s one of my favorites, bolted to the floor! I think Lyman would have loved it.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't see how you can cry a river over it if you are a TS fan.

No? It's been explained multiple times by multiple people.
TS1 was a revolutionary and iconic film.
TS2 was a rare sequel that's better than the original.
TS3 was the cap on a trilogy that everyone assumed would suck, but was actually awesome.
TS4 was a cash grab about a suicidal fork.

Quoted from jawjaw:

It has all the same characters, voices, and universe with better animations/detail.

Not really. The focus is on Woody, Bo Peep and Fucky...the rest are pretty much sidelined. People love Toy Story for the STORY...people still love the first one despite some wonky animation. Story is king. TS4's extra detail didn't make it a better story.

Also, the word is "animation.” Stop saying "animations,” world!

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Also, the word is "animation". Stop saying "animations", world!

Ugh. Please put your commas and periods inside your quotation marks.

Please learn how to use the quote function.

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I’m on a mini iPhone. I hate these things sometimes.
Corrected just for you though! Haha!

Corrected mine for you - looks weird, though. Cool. Now stop saying “animations.”

#1434 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Give it a rest. Cash grab? Every movie is made to make money. Why do you think they made TS2 or TS3? To bank of the success of the previous films. Call it what you will but TS4 made more money than all the other films and reviewed well. But of course "multiple people" on pinside hate so it has to be garbage.

It’s not bad, but it’s not TS1-3. Pinsiders opinions on this aren’t an aberrant hot take. TS1-3 had emotional resonance. TS4 is an OK movie people watched once. Even people who liked it don’t CARE about it.

#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

JJP’s TS4 includes callouts by Buzz & Woody & Bo…all actual actors from the actual movies (except for Hanks bro who virtually sounds identical and does all Tom’s non-theatrical voice work anyway)…and all 3 characters are prominently displayed on the playfield…so to say this isn’t “featuring” the main characters is plain wrong…as for TS4 vs the previous versions, go back and compare the graphics of Ts1 & 2 with TS4….ITS NIGHT AND DAY…there’s better graphics in mobile phone games than those first TS movies…frankly the graphics in TS4 are BEAUTIFUL…not just the polygon count but also the lighting effects in the the animation….I’m not surprised Disney/Pixar wanted their video clips to be of the HIGHEST QUALITY…and the game itself is FUN, APPROACHABLE, and simply GORGEOUS…Combined with the voices of the 3 primary TS Characters, there’s no denying this is Toy Story thru & thru…

Cool, enjoy! $12-15k well spent, then!

I'm sure you'll be able to convince people that TS4 is a better film than TS1-3 because of the "graphics."

#1458 1 year ago

Nice attempt at a strawman…sign of the haters getting desperate…

What strawman? I’m not even arguing with you. If you dig it, enjoy.

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Someday, we will point to the popularity of that show as the offical end of civilization.

I subscribed to Discovery+ without commercials just so we could watch TLC shows & NOT even have to accidentally see that disgusting shit.

#1466 1 year ago

You wrote, “ I'm sure you'll be able to convince people that TS4 is a better film than TS1-3 because of the ‘graphics.’ …show me where “a better film” was written in the post you were replying to…I’ll wait…

Keep waiting. Get to the wizard mode a few hundred times on your suicidal fork carnival game.

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Finally NIB games will be losing value again.

Our long national nightmare is over!!!

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If John Lasseter were involved he might have rescued this game, like he did Toy Story 3 (when it wasn't coming together after 2 years). Don't know who is the creative director at JJP, but they could look to him for inspiration.

Ummmm....Lasseter ...um....don't know how to tell you this....um....doesn't work for Pixar anymore.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Either JJP have given up on “hardcore collectors” for TS4, or this was the target audience all along………

A friend of ours brought her nephews over (5 & 8, I think). They’d never heard of pinball before. I fired up Godzilla for them, and they took to it immediately. Apparently they can’t stop talking about it & it was the favorite part of their trip to CA. I told them about locations they can go play pinball back home. It’ll be interesting to see if it blossoms as a new hobby for them!

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I meant specifically being upset about about movies made for small children.

Not sure why you've chosen this stance as a hill to die on...

Pixar movies are not made for small children. For example - their last movie, Turning Red, is about menstruation & puberty.

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Still waiting on my kid's dream theme, a Disney Princesses Pin.

Well get ready for JJP’s Little Mermaid 2: Ariel’s Beginning!

2 weeks later
#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Finally hit up Spooky and played Halloween. Enjoyed playing through modes and three levels of achievement. Did not start House mode to kill Jason

Jason? LOL

1 week later
#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Love the cake toppers, adds that little something extra, like an extra joke, to go along with this joke of a pin.

I’m not sure I understand having a topper that repeats the game’s title with the wrong logo/font. Aesthetically unpleasant.

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm fairly certain that is just Kaneda's.
That guy just like to cause drama. I'm pretty sure he said he'd never buy one after it's reveal, yet he somehow ended up with a CE pre order.

He was on the list months before the reveal, because he thought it was going to be Toy Story, not TS4.

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Yes, but he's been complaining ever since it's reveal. It is just odd that he ended up putting down a deposit. Nobody was accepting deposits before the reveal.

Well, his distributor wanted a deposit to get locked in. Oh well!

Of course he's complaining...he thought it was going to be actual Toy Story and Lawlor's best ever...but it turned out to be "Carnival with Toy Story 4 assets sort of" with nothing cool on the playfield.

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How dare people enjoy things

I enjoy Toy Story 1-3

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is there anyone who wanted a CE spot that was turned away?
I'm stick of waiting and want to buy a used LE, if anyone wants the CE hmu.

How can anyone be turned away when they didn’t sell out?

#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ostensibly they did sell out - something like 90 seconds for the 100 JJP-sold units, and 900 to distros.
Now, how many of those distros collected the non-refundable deposits on those 900? Who knows.
Not to mention extra units distros bought personally to resell.

The 100 JJP sold online sold out. Distros did not sell out. They all have them available. Lots of people were on lists without deposits and instantly went NOPE.

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We all saw the Guns CEs going for 20K on the open market, raising the price is a natural response to that.

You can’t base MSRP on the flipper market. Flippers may be selling for over MSRP, but to how many buyers? 10? 50? 100? JJP wants to sell 6000 units. 6000 people aren’t ready to pay “flipper prices.”

#2200 1 year ago

B+ for BUY BUY BUY!

I give the game an F- for FLOP FLOP FLOP.

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Generally speaking people who hate on GNR don't understand how to play it.
You're be surprised how many people don't even realize the revolver dots for making band member shots towards band frenzy.

If pinball people “don’t understand how to play” a game - that’s on the game, not the player.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I really like the jump ramp. I’m not aware of many games if any with that mech.

Revenge from Mars, Goldeneye, No Good Gofers.

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Mine was RM and I was accused of buying it to flip it. Nope, it was a huge disappointment due to paper-thin code.

Stop lying, please. R&M has great code, tons of modes, and just got an update with a bunch of new dimensions. R&M’s code, rules, sound & theme integration run circles around TSBore.

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm serious. It was a dream theme for me. The code was not structured well; you see everything if you play it for an hour.

Have fun seeing all of TSBore on the first play, Liar McLiarson.

Most people don’t see past a mode or two per game on R&M due to the difficulty….and like any game, difficulty can be adjusted thru physical settings or code.

Super weird that you pick on R&M’s code. It has more mode content than most games. Did you sell it before Scary Terry, Rick Potion No 9, and Moonmen were added? The multiballs are extremely difficult as well. The game is a constant fun challenge. But hey, you got $15k Bo Peep Loops to look forward to!

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The problem wasn’t the number of modes. It was that all were randomized so you got them all just for playing with no incentive to reach.

So you wanted it to be linear? That would be super boring. The incentive to reach was to play, get points, complete the mode, and advance to the next adventure. Getting to the 10th is the only way to play Rick Potion #9 - essentially the wizard mode. You’ve also got tons of dimensions which all have fun/funny gameplay effects & allow you to collect mega seeds - another fun goal. Plus Meseeks, plus Gromflomite MB. We don’t care that you don’t like the game - but it’s just a flat out lie & insult to Erik’s great work to call it “paper thin” and that you see everything in an hour. You’re telling me in 12,000 plays on Wonka, you haven’t seen everything? Your comparative logic is just baffling.

Quoted from zaphX:

Of course not. Love Tron.

But but but you can see everything in 1 ball!

#2299 1 year ago

Assuming by “seen” you mean reach every Wizard mode, the answer is no. Reaching PI is one of the toughest achievements in recent pinball…

Unachievable wizard modes might as well not even be there. HOT TAKE.

1 week later
#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression...

Usually true. I really waffled about bailing on UM after playing it on location with early code. I'm pretty happy with the game as it stands today -and I've had some long-time hobbyists over to play it, and they enjoyed it.

#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not just price. I don't think anyone would have balked at 15K GNR CE.
It's the combination of price, value (what you get for the price), longevity, and the market reaction.

Also the theme. Guarantee if it was TS1 or 1-3 or 1-4 it would be selling like crazy regardless of price. TS4 is what’s killing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.