20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#947 1 year ago

I had a friend who put a deposit down a TS4 LE, he has been wanting this title for years now. I had to explain to him that the limited edition is not really limited. With the number of LE units JJP will produce it makes little to no sense to pre-order a LE(he canceled and is going to wait) I think after the dust settles, so will the second hand market pricing. Do you want to pay 12K to have it today or do you want to wait it out as more and more machines become available on the second hand market and prices trickle downwards.

Pricing is high across the board with games so nothing surprises me anymore. Did anyone see the 9k Black Rose-nice! I have been priced out of a few games now-I gave up on the Big Lebowski, TX Sector, and Ice Cold Beer. Great games but are they really worth the asking price? That is up to the eye of the beholder. Toy Story will be fun-will it be 12-15K fun? MMM time will tell

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from tacreno:

What makes you think prices are going to trickle downwards?

I could be totally wrong-it is all supply and demand. JJP is pushing out some good quantities and if more and more start hitting the market prices will adjust. If I had to guess probably 9-10k used years from now? I do not have a crystal ball and inflation has thrown a wrench in everything. Houses doubled, cars doubled, but my paycheck has not?

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a 2 1/2 year old, and we don’t have an iPad in the house

I tried to protect my daughter from the inevitable iphone/ ipad obsession that the majority of children are addicted to. We made it to the 6th grade until she starting getting teased about not having a phone. Now she has the iphone and it has taken over. People always told me-cherish the childhood days because they go by fast. This really is a true statement-time flies by and she is growing up fast. My favorite years with my daughter were age 3-5. Take time off work, take extra vacations, and cherish every moment. One of my best memories with my daughter was taking her to Disneyland and having breakfast with the princesses at Ariels Grotto. Soak it up Greg-it goes fast and keep her innocent as long as possible

#956 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You seem to have a massive collection so I guess space isn't an issue for you

Space is becoming an issue-I am out of room. I don't live in a huge house but I love my neighborhood and schools and can't see living anywhere else. I have a really cool wife who has let me take over the house. Dining room was used once or twice a year-now it is an arcade room. Built out my back patio and enclosed it-now an arcade room, parked one of my trucks in driveway-now half garage is an arcade, basement full, etc. People always say I am out of room-and I always think to myself-are you really out of room? Make more space I say

#958 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

We watch family TV together because they aren’t pulled away by their phones

I am struggling right now trying to get my daughter to interact and get off the stupid phone. She does not like watching TV at all and I have to force her to watch it. I had to almost drag her to the theatre to see Top Gun. This Tik Tok BS is taking over her life

#961 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I make her breakfast every day

That's awesome-soak it all up! I have always told people one of the hardest things and one of the best things I have ever done is have children. One of the most difficult parts of parenthood is preparing three meals a day for your children. We strive to eat together every night as a family. This has become difficult in the last couple years because my children got burnt out on many staple meals. Now they will not eat meatloaf, lasagna, and a few other meals. Now we are trying to get creative and make unique meals they will eat. Parenthood is no joke and is a lot of work-but worth it

#972 1 year ago

I have to be honest I think Toy Story looks like a fun game. It might be the best playing JJP out of all of them? Many JJP games to me are overstuffed with toys/features- they play clunky and are too complex. This game has classic simple elements with what looks to be great flow. I would not be concerned if this game has enough toys or is based on main Toy Story movie. Game looks fun-I almost wish the theme attracted me

My wife and I both said we are looking forward to playing this one on location-but not for our home

1 week later
#1314 1 year ago

Am I in the minority here or what? Do you guys like the bright rainbow lights on the side rails? I am sorry but I find them to be an eye sore and somewhat distracting. I do like that there is no ugly white butthole qr reader fudging up the apron looks classy without the distracting light. Not sure about the ipad position? It would have been soooooo much better if Pat kept the ipad but shoved it in back horizontal kinda like Circus Voltaire. Visible-yet out of the way, and then done a cool Toy Story interactive Toy? Oh Well

Game looks fun to me still.

Had an afterthought the other day. I bet you Toy Story is going to kill it for operators and become the new king for ops-a cash register if you will.

Move over Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Stranger Things-the throne has a new king. Just a thought

Taste the rainbow (resized).jpgTaste the rainbow (resized).jpg

#1316 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I like the side rail lights personally

I must be getting old? I am so over the rainbow shit-I can't get the taste of the rainbow out of my mouth. Seriously-it looks like Pinstadiums flipped upside down directly in your face-so distracting to me and a bad idea for pinball imo.

#1318 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Perhaps that is how this game can retain its value or minimize its depreciated value

Adams Family is a prime example of how a magical Lawlor machine will hold it's value-every operator in town wanted an Adam's Family and I have a feeling it will be the same for Toy Story. Flippin cash register

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Machine is $12k+ so at a $1 a play

Do I think the machine price is too high-yes.

Had a thought the other day-why all the lipstick? Is it really needed? They should have made a Standard version to honor the operators who let's face it-are the driving force of our hobby.

If they would have priced this game at $7500 for a standard without rails dipped in lipstick it would have sold even more units imo. I do think it may take a slight dip like Wonka-but not much and the amount of money that it will generate on location should have most ops grinning ear to ear.

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Operators are now asked to fork over an additional 3k

It is a lot of cake

Wonder if an operator would rather have two new Stern Pro's or 1 JJP Toy Story 4?

Better question: What would earn better-two new Stern Pro's or 1 JJP Toy Story 4?

Funny but my bet is on JJP Toy Story 4-the theme is just a monster

#1378 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

100% - giving your kids separate choices for dinner every night just entices them to be come more picky

Our problem was the quarantine and pandemic. We all got burnt out on the basics like lasagna, meatloaf, taco soup,etc. Now I feel I need to diversify the menu to keep everyone interested. Last night I made a tasty meal with tikka masala chicken that I had grilled with skewers accompanied by saffron rice with roasted brussels sprouts, squash and diced onions. The kids came down and all of the sudden they said they were not hungry. OK I said, you are excused but you are not eating anything else the rest of the night. Hours later they are microwaving the dinner to eat. I remember my parents making me sit at the dinner table until I would give in and eat-I am not that cruel to my kids but am able to get the same results.

Are we hoping for a recession? Well a correction is needed-so I guess so. People think a recession is like doomsday-but in reality in today's world it is just a marginal temporary correction. Is it a depression or recession? and will it ever be a depression-no. Allocate your investments to a conservative fund for the next few months during dip and then get back in. Wall street has too many people's livelihood involved and investors will always be there to fill the gap with highs and lows. Will this correction do much? Time will tell but with unemployment at record levels and business continuing the struggle to find workers-it is unlikely. I am not worried at all about this 'recession coming'. I am more concerned on who will be making BTTF pinball and will it be epic(real world problems).

#1380 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Let's not let our kids become individuals with their own personal likes and dislikes

I do find it humorous when I am out at a restaurant with my children and they want to order 'Mac and Cheese'. I say sorry kiddos-but we have mac and cheese at home-so if you want mac and cheese as the main entrée at restaurant-no dice.

If I left it up to my kids it would be pizza, mac and cheese, and ruebens(my son loves ruebens)

Trying to expand their palate to appreciate the good things in life is interesting. When they looked at the tikka masala last night they instantly got turned off and would not eat. Hours later they are forced to microwave and give it a try-mmm not so bad? Slowly but surly they will become foodies like me

#1384 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

They all love spicy food

Weird but both my kids like spicy snack foods(current kid craze?) like spicy Cheetos, spicy Pringles, Takis, but when it comes to trying Indian or certain French sauces they reject them? Meanwhile I can't stand the spicy snack foods and prefer just good chips with salsa.

#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Instead of an iPad size screen a mini mechanical pinball mech should have been there instead

When I first saw the ipad I thought it would be used for another couple of modes with digital amusement style games played with the flippers(cool idea). If it is just another duplicate screen that makes zero sense to me-why? I thought they could do a mini digital playfield like Pinball Arcade style games. Or some simple digital carnival games. Would not be too difficult to program I would think, but if they have not implemented it yet-not sure they ever would? As for a mini playfield instead of the ipad-that might be worse. If I want to play a little novelty playfield I will go out and buy a Tyco mini pinball machine at a garage sale-they do nothing for me.

My friend still wants one but said he is going to wait till the dust settles and try and get a deal on second hand market later.

#1520 1 year ago

Haha-that Hitler video with the comment on how the Canada Kaboom ramp shot is the saving grace of this game had me cracking up-good stuff.

I think the game looks like it will be fun to play. People keep saying it is not stuffed enough with toys and it is too empty probably need to play it first. Some of my favorite games are games with simple layouts and rule sets. Games like TNA and Led Zeppelin-are they bare or are they badass? Sometimes less is more with overstuffed clunky playing playfields. I still do not care for the theme, the rainbow upside down pinstadiums, the useless ipad, the useless 4 pop bumpers that do nothing-but hey it still looks fun to me? Maybe the Canada Kaboom ramp will make me smile-who knows?

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It is fun, but at $12-15k?

We all agree it is over priced, but nowadays what is not overpriced?

I think the game is worth between $7500-$9000

If people really want it-it is what it is

It is an extra $3000, etc-yes but some people make that much in a couple days work-so there is that

#1526 1 year ago

Would you rather get a Toy Story LE or a Cactus Canyon LE? Weird that I do not like JJP games but still would choose TS4 for some reason?

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

From a strictly value perspective CCrLE wins hands down

When I was posting this question I thought-am I going to bait Jim?

For me Cactus Canyon is been there done that

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you’ve already decided CCr isn’t for you, why ask?

Not that it is not for me, but which one would I really want to spend 12k on? If I really had to choose it would be TS4. Cactus Canyon blows TS4 out of the water in terms of mechs-but how about the fun factor? Just making a comparison because they are priced the same and new releases.

#1562 1 year ago

Ran across this picture and thought it may be a cool pic for someone's avatar or something-I thought it was unique with the angle...

TS pinball pic (resized).jpgTS pinball pic (resized).jpg

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

it had the same mushy flipper feel of many of their games

That's a bummer hearing this. One of my main gripes for JJP games is the mashed potato flippers. I can deal with the soft serve plunger, but the mashed potato flippers drive me up the wall. I actually had the thought that maybe Steve Ritchie being a part of the team would correct this issue-guess not.

-Liked the pic of father and son impersonating JJP promo video-this is going to be the new meme for 2022-evryone take part (;

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

IF this was a $9-10k pin i think the acceptance would be much greater

Yes absolutely

I keep thinking why didn't JJP do a Standard for TS4? Did they think this business model would produce more revenue? Did they think adding powder adds $4k? What sucks is this is a $7500-$9000(CE) machine period and nobody wants to pay $4-7k for fluff. Seems like their business model just slapped the operators in the face or actually punched in face. I actually feel bad for the operators that are being priced out for this title. Seeing this transition in the pinball hobby is somewhat sad. From basic operator games to boutique games with lipstick. Trying to keep an open mind during these times I guess.

#1594 1 year ago

My only other thought is that the cost of the license for TS4 was costly per unit and JJP decided there would be no money made if they produced Standards? I know the Beatles franchise rights cost a pretty penny and that is why Stern had to bend people over with fake trim levels-same thing for TS4?

#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

JJP seems directionless and may need to just pick a lane

Other thought of mine is that JJP chose this business model because of their limited production capabilities. You can only shit out so many turds with x amount of resources. They are unable to push out 10,000+ turds a year and so now they only sell Boutique?

#1599 1 year ago

Turd Furguson approves

Turd Feguson (resized).jpgTurd Feguson (resized).jpg

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wide open buttery shots

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I had fun playing it.

Seems like most people still have fun playing the game without tons of mechs and it may have a good layout

Now are you willing to overlook overpriced price tag, annoying giant ipad, upside down rainbow lights, Gabby getting a brown nose(such a brown noser), and all the other faults with this title-this may be the game for you -hurry supplies are limited!

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Gabby getting a brown nose(such a brown noser)

Gabby is getting bashed up good really quick and honestly it does not look good. When I first saw the picture with brown nose I thought maybe they went overboard with the freckles-no just a 'brown noser'

#1631 1 year ago

Gabby's face looks like ass

I would have to get Silver Jets and have a magic eraser nearby to keep her face from turning black

I can see a green troll or brown gopher but a light skinned girl-looks like ass and would bother me personally

brown noser (resized).jpgbrown noser (resized).jpg
#1704 1 year ago

Got some good time on Toy Story 4 and here are my thoughts...

The plunger is good(not weak) and the skill shot is fun(2nd arrow mark on shooter). Got the skill shot several times and it reminded me of Adams, Tommy, and CSI skill shot configuration. The layout to me felt lackluster. All of the shots started to feel really repetitive and nothing really got me excited. I thought the Canada ramp would be a blast to play and it just felt flat? For some reason I thought the ramp would be really fun like Gophers,etc. but it did nothing for me. Then Gabby popping up randomly-again did nothing for me. Not sure if I just have done it so much with Gophers and Trolls that the magic has worn off for me? The flippers actually felt good and ball control was excellent. Long ball times with multiple multiballs,etc. The lighting does fit the theme well and my wife stated that it was mesmerizing to her and she loved it. I found it annoying and wish they were not projected upwards towards your face.

So what are my thoughts on owning one? Well it is not for me because of theme and I would get bored really quick with this one. It felt repetitive with lack luster shots and I would be chopping wood in no time. Now for a family that plays together this game would be a fantastic addition. I think the entire family would like it, especially children. I also think this game is going to absolutely kill it on location. If I was an operator-I would want a TS4 for my route. People keep saying they would rather have Wonka instead. Wonka may have a better layout and better code but the theme does not hold a candle against Toy Story.

Also got more time on Iron Maiden. Damn I am in love with the layout on the game and I want to say it is Elwin's best design yet. Seriously a dream to play but the music is like nails on a caulk board for me. My wife was like can't we just redo the music on it? I said yes but would seem out of place with everything else and would be a mish mash. If Stern does a retheme of Iron Maiden with a theme I like-it would be an instant buy-make it so Stern!

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about getting that next.

Ever since I saw Steve's Iron Maiden masterpiece-I have wanted one. I keep telling myself-the music is not so bad and you should be able to tolerate it.

This particular machine that Steve created is an absolute masterpiece(one of the best I have ever seen)-and I want one
Steves IM (resized).jpgSteves IM (resized).jpgSteves IM.. (resized).jpgSteves IM.. (resized).jpgSteves IM... (resized).jpgSteves IM... (resized).jpgSteves Im. (resized).jpgSteves Im. (resized).jpg

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I almost crapped myself when I thought you were comparing avengers to toy story for a moment. You're getting a hell of a lot more game for way less money with avengers premium

I would take Toy Story 4 over Avengers-so there is that

Different strokes for different folks

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

This will not end up like POTC

I think POTC is not a good comparison. POTC was about supply and demand and when they cut off production-supply shrunk. I love the franchise but the game did nothing for me and I prefer the Stern version

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.