20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_fandango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#360 1 year ago

Where are the vids and pics? Everybldy is talking about it and I cant find any

#381 1 year ago

Can someone please post the link to a video that works.
Thanks
Karen

#390 1 year ago

Thank you for posting the vid.

Wow. Not the usual JJP, it does look like it is their fastest game.

It can be fun to shoot, I think it will but it is certainly not worth the price tag they are pushing.

Looks like a loaded premium stern at best and I dont care about the huge ass screen I barely see when I play.

Easy pass to own but will own when the prices come down in the secondary market.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

That happens?

This product isnt marketed for the pinsiders nor collectors. It will not sell as much.

Jjp is thinking people will drop 12k to own when they see it at Disney?

It will not happen.

I see the video and see a dad with a teen daughter walking up to the game. Is this how they fantasize the game sells?

I dont think that is how a game sells here…

Also a theme for kids, marketed for kids (as per the vid) I am sorry but after my kid lost the first 2 balls he moved on to something else specially if at a theme park.
Sooo, kids wont want to play this game.

Do we?

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

This is such a disaster to me. I was so inspired by what Pixar did with Toy Story that I pursued computer animation as my degree. Watched my kids grow up and love all of the Pixar films.
Just the fact that it's TS4 destroyed the theme for me. I can't believe this pin is based upon this film.
I am out and won't regret this decision at all. I don't even know the names of the characters that are being highly focused on the game and I just don't care...nor would anyone in my family.

agreed, total fail.

#436 1 year ago

wow. Lame is an understatement. It has absolutely no code related to the movie other than the characters, the modes are 'fair games'...

This game will be the biggest flop in pinball, time for the new blood to take over. JJP they make nice looking games but that is it, they play like bag a turds and this will be no exceptions.

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is the greatest hyperbole EVER!!!

we will see, my money is safe... lol

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Next time I pull off a killer shot I'm going to pump my fists like that douche at 0:48.
This needs to become a meme:
[quoted image]

hahaha, yes I noticed that too. He definitely abused it and went to infinity and beyond past the amount of sensible fist pumps allowed.
Waaaay tot many pumps.

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Next time I pull off a killer shot I'm going to pump my fists like that douche at 0:48.
This needs to become a meme:
[quoted image]

M is my middle name and it's for Meme

073d856d821f4afec286d6f4aa226fa1837dcceb (resized).jpg073d856d821f4afec286d6f4aa226fa1837dcceb (resized).jpg
#468 1 year ago

I can go on all day doing this shite.

073d856d821f4afec286d6f4aa226fa1837dcceb (resized).jpg073d856d821f4afec286d6f4aa226fa1837dcceb (resized).jpg
#508 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll disagree with Pat Lawlor on the "Something only 2 or 3 people ever see is a waste" comment in regards to rules. A pinball machines ruleset can be approachable, offer multiple approachable modes, have more difficult modes and then also offer the insane Valnor and Somewhere over the Rainbow wizard mode. There's a reason many games have a mid wizard modes (or multiple) and then the super level wizard mode.
There needs to be things that keep owners coming back for years. A cousin of mine has 6,000+ games on his LOTR that he's owned since 2004, and he was blown a way a couple years back when he saw Valinor for the first time. Modes like that at these insane prices should be games for long term value and fun. I want to own game that has a wizard mode that may take me years to reach as there's still always something to go after.

although I respect the thought, I actually prefer games that offer a short to medium ball time and do not require a science degree in pinball to complete. It is just not fun for anybody else other than someone who owned the game for 18 years....

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I was never in at this price point, but I was very excited for a Toy Story pin. This is not for me at all, like so many others TS4, really yeah no thanks. Also I do not like when the big toy is a cheap screen. Why would anyone want virtual pinball as a mini game in real pinball?

yeah, terrible idea and flow interruption, please do away with any video modes, this is pinball!

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Lol. That's actually a pretty good idea, I like it. BUT--- I'd think that if the player is Andy then some of Andy's actual beloved toys should be on the playfield and interactive so that the player can actually play with them.
Plus the game would need to be based on the earlier films.

?
They player cant Andy because Andy does not know the toys live.
Sorry
Ps/ I am fun at parties… my wife disagrees

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

It does seem like in every JJP reveal he gets a bit more philosophical and confusing. He basically professed when Wonka was released that an operator friendly SE was essential to grow pinball.
Now he’s talking exclusive BoBeep callouts for CE and approachable objectives are critical for novices/kids.
Who can realistically operate 12-15k machines or are we done with that vision now?

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

When you really think about it, this game was pretty hard to screw up. So many opportunities wasted.
1. Wayne Knight as the evil toy collector (how great would he be for callouts)
2. Slinky dog ramp
3. Benson "Rudy" head
4. Battle with Zurg
5. Assemble Mr. Potato Head (with angry eyes)
6. "Around the Horn" mode
7. Battle with Sid
8. Pizza Planet
9. Buzz vs. Buzz mode with Spanish talking feature
10. Barbie pool party
11. Claw
12. Rescue Wheezy
I could go all day.
I just don't get it...but will stick to my theory that JJP battled Disney all day and all night over this no matter what lipstick you put on the marketing.
Just disappointing.....

Licensing has been recently explained on another forum and this is not how it works.
In a nutshell, jjp bought a cheap license and not 1-2-3 which demands a higher price.

Nobody battler anybody here. Jjp was just cheap, and gave you a price increase on a poorly integrated theme.

#683 1 year ago

Load of crap.
And Lz is a great game regardless!

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s not how it works. Toy Story IS the license. Each movie doesn’t have a price tag, it’s an overall franchise license. An animated franchise does not have the same licensing issues as live action movies.

If you wnat to argue this you need to do bettwr than that, it was much bettwr explained in kaneda’s forum by actually soMeone who deals with licenses.
And if you are right then this is the biggest fail in pinball.
Eother way I dont have a horse in this race and I really dont care.

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

This! I was telling this to my wife this morning. I'm glad someone else caught this!
All this hate for JJP and if you look at the promo video, they don't even show JJPs logo. Every other pin promo release from JJP had an intro about Jersey Jack. This TS4 promo explicitly said "Disney Pixars Toy Story 4 Pinball". They didn't even say "brought to you by JJP". They go out of thier way to avoid mentioning pinball features, it's all experiences like "take a chance on the wheel". Stern would say "spinning disk". No talk of spinners or newton balls, etc. Disney Pixar clearly cared nothing for hardcore pinball here. I would be shocked it this machine wasn't in every Disney hotel lobby in Orlando by next year.
At the very end, the video says "only available through JJP". Almost like THEY asked JJP to make it and they are thier publisher.
It was very odd. Agree 1000%. That's one of many reason I cut them slack here. Probably in the minority, but whatever.

So some machines will end up in a storage room with a lot of other disney memorabilia to be sold in storage wars tv show in 20 years.
I dont see this helping the hobby? Lol

#706 1 year ago
Quoted from ECanup122:

I have been pretty excited to see the next pin from JJP. Toy Story is not a dream theme for me, but I was still pretty bummed that it is based on the 4th installment. In addition, I was surprised by the "sculpts" which are no comparison to Oz, Pirates, Wonka... etc.

The sculpts are cake toppers.

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

To me, that is still disappointing. I’d rather have the actual actor who played the role, not someone’s voice that sounds “similar”. Especially for 15k.
But to each their own.

I dont think Tom is interested nor he needs the money. Lol

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The one thing I fear JJP Toys Story 4 game has done, is suggest pricing for Stern to start selling their new Prems at 10k + now. That's the only new innovation I see from this title from JJP and not in a positive way for us at all.

Reality check incoming for these luxury items after today’s 0.75 increase in mortgages rates…

4 months later
#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Whew, bullet dodged. Alien ended up taking the #1 away from GZ, which is a nice twist, really glad Pinball Bros are getting more of those into the wild, it's a cool machine. And more sales will keep them polishing the code, which is already pretty good.

yeah... NOPE. The code for Alien is completed and has been for years.
\PB is only updating THEIR OWN side of the code, which runs their OS and respective hardware - which is very buggy - but these updates do nothing to the game modes or actual playability.

I spent way too much time on the Alien thread as I waited for my machine. Finally cancelled my order 1 month ago and I am happy I did.

I also joined this club today, I played this game non-stop for hours at a friends house. The game is fantastic. I also own most of the top 10 machines ever made. I like TS4 a lot!
The price was fine with me as I did not pay MSRP. I respect that, would not pay that for a game so hated but the truth is, if you think this game is bad, you know little about what makes pinball fun - yup, that was a little troll move on my behalf - Now, I go to bed I will dream of the people who can't own this game but made a poor review of it because they watched it on a stream.

Sleep well.

#2949 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

There are several unspoken positives in TS4 that even the haters cannot deny….playfield has zero issues…the shots are ultra smooth but still challenging—just not to the point of frustration, and no mechanical issues beyond minor easy adjustments….and of course the beauty (especially the ce) of the unit is second to none…just curious what you think of the TS4 depth vs your other pins…what gives this the “just one more game” factor since all we hear is how “easy” or “shallow” it is…

You nailed it. It is the one more game factor that many of the deeper games do not have. Easy shots? sure, maybeeee, but can you get them? lol. Can you score well? Try and report back lol.

IT is very much ok to have one or two very deep games in your collection... But how many times am I gonna save Nublar island tonight? Zero is the norm, everybody dies in Nublar lol or gets eaten by Dinos BUT TS4 is refreshing, easy to listen to and just plain fun that can deliver a quick or moderate longer game depending on how good you are or how lucky. The animations in the game are absolutely the best in pinball, with custom made scenes for the game for the most part I think - but might be wrong -. The dang thing will be worth 30K in 5 years mark my words. There is no way around this, the last Pat Lawlor, you gotta live in some distorted reality if you think otherwise. The game shoots great, I have played most JJPS, and I never liked them before. This thing pulled me in like no other JJP ever before.

I also, really do not want all my collection to be impossible mission after impossible mission and this one isn't that easy either... Neither my friend or I got to any wizard modes and we are not bad players nor we were drunk, lol. We played for hours unsuccessfully.

I enjoy it, I think my kid might enjoy it to and could be a good excuse to play together. She hates all my other pins (6 year old) so it is now or never and this theme is great.
Hate all you want. TZ has a few magnet and mini playfield that is boring as hell and gumball and it is regarded as the one of the best. Have you played it lately, I had not touched one in 30 years and I nearly completed the game at a friends house recently on ball 2 I had nearly 1 B points, it's gotta be one of the easiest pins to play. Still is top 10.
People are hating the price and the lack of mechs, I get it. I would not pay MSRP, I did not. all good.

Who cares! play what you like not what the top 10 says. I never followed that stuff! I owned themes I didn't even like just because the game was so fun, JP Stern is one of them, Iron Maiden another (dont even care for the music!)....

#2956 1 year ago

I enjoyed all ts films. I thought the last one was great. They all had its place. Ts4 is great and it was a great send off. I dont remember hating it.
I just got a ts4 and I am also enjoying it thoroughly, it is very addictive. Has the one more game factor, plays fast, games are short but hard. Easy to play hard to master.
It is a fantastic pin.
I also own many and have owned several top 10 Sterns.
Loving ts4 honeslty, only a couple complaints: the kickback is unreliable and slings are weak, which I believe its on purpose to reduce power drains due to the layout…?

#2958 1 year ago

a lot of pinball designers here… lol

Garbage truck shot… I don’t know….you want to do a repeat shot into the truck?
Indont think that integrates well nor it is exciting in any way, but I do feel for a sec when caboom is flying that the ball is him…

Let’s stop wishing for what it should have been, it’s here, it’s done. Enjoy it.

Take a moment and see 90s games, some of tbe most regarded “themes” were made then… these have nearly zero toys in them, maybe some magnets.

Terminator 2 has a moving gun, Ritchie recycled this toy multiple times in many games including A LOT of the shots from T2 are in many of his other future games.

T2 has some of the lamest, shallower code a 90s game could have and nonetheless it was the most popular, most played pin in 1992. I know because I was there

So back to integration… if it is fun, its fun and ts4 is very fun.

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I may be eating my own words with this game, traded a pretty heavily modded (no topper) low play Ghostbusters premium for a NIB Toy Story CE. Will share some more thoughts once I get it up and running.
[quoted image]

have not met anybody that disliked it yet. World under glass for me. It is fun.

#2972 1 year ago

Gb vs Ts4 is not even a fair competition. GB is a horrible playing game with uninspiring shots. The only thing that saves GB is nostalgia and the excellent -but limited- callouts, other than at is barely an average machine. Ts4 on the other hand gets trashed for not having more, sure it is expensive but it is what it is. Got mine at a discount, so I took it.
top machines that are considered grails, IJ, TAF, TZ have LESS in them that TS4... just a matter of time for TS4 to come up in ranks once the heat cools down.

It is a fun machine with that 'one more gam' feel to it that you walk to and away from feeling great. The price still sucks.
I also own some of the top 10 Sterns... and this is my first JJP, do not think I would like to own any of the other machines they made though.
I think I just wrote the same on this thread twice...sorry, been peaking on both ts4 threads...not sure what I wrote where... Age? lol

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

Do not agree with you at all. Love my GB Premium! Probably will never leave, but never say never...lol. I had a chance to play TS4 at Expo and enjoyed it as well, but couldn't really get the full effect as the environment made it difficult to really appreciate the machine. Would love to get some time on one in a different setting one day. Anyway, to each his/her own for sure. Both GB and TS4 have probably taken a lot of unwarranted criticism.

GB is just a bad shooting game. Has poor flow.
Good callouts, theme desirability and world under glass is good but the game is not fun.
To each its own!
Cheers

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Flow isn't everything. Honestly, the games where you just chain ramps together can often start to feel stale.
Nothing is wrong with a good sharp shooter type of game. Where ball control is the name of the game. Tight shots are often more satisfying and having more dangerous shots can make strategies more fun.

that is not what I meant, flow is not only done by linking ramps or bringing the ball to the flipper. The master of flow is now Keith Elwin, he understands what makes a game fun and challenging. In the old days Ritchie was the best but not anymore, his designs are dated but they still work and could be fun. I for one, like LZ and think it is great.
Flow is lacking in GB in the sense that the choreography of shots is really underwhelming, there is no thrill to get a series of shots and are mostly uninspiring.

But not gonna dwell on this topic anymore! we are getting distracted from the fact that Al Bundy score 54 touchdowns...kidding... this is the TS thread let's keep it on track!

#2998 1 year ago

I suspect a JJP is about 325-350 lbs whereas Stern is around 200~

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

My 5-year-old son really enjoyed the game at a friend's house, it actually got him to start playing pinball in general. There was one for $10k locally, which I could probably get back if/when I sell it, but man, just can't cough up that kinda coin for a game I don't love. I've never spent more than $8k on a pin; don't wanna crack the five-figure ceiling for this one.

It is a fun game. Shoots easy but playing it well to score high isn't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_fandango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=pin_fandango and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.