20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 1 year ago

I am instant CE buy. It’s a dream theme.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was thinking Jar Jar Binks
[quoted image]

Forky was just above our heads…

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/toy-story-4-forky-existential-crisis?amp

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Congrats on winning Allentown

I actually liked the character and think comparing him to Jar Jar Binks is a travesty

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Fair enough but you should have quoted me on that and not crazy

Forkie wasn't the problem with Toy Story 4. The problem was the actual story and the terrible ending. It was like Indy 4, the story just didn't fit with the rest of the trilogy. Maybe it is the curse of the "4th movie" in a franchise. Has there ever been a good #4 in franchise history that wasn't based off a series of books (so we can exclude Hobbit/Harry Potter)?

Agreed with both of these. A solely Toy Story 4 pin would be like a Back to the Future 3 pin.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I know was the creepy antique store doll, forkie, and of course the party inside the pinball machine were all awesome. But to be fair I'm not a Toy Story junkie and I don't think I've even seen the other movies so it didn't have to "live up" to anything for me, just help me pass a couple hours on a plane.

The creepy antique store doll was pretty great. Seen all of them and Toy Story 4 is definitely last place.

1 week later
#304 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess I was just lucky my Dialed In and Wonka are still in excellent condition after thousands of plays

Same. Owned all 6. I only had a small chip on a post on a Pirates LE. Obviously didnt affect gameplay and wasn’t noticeable with washer. Sold it when my kids didn’t play it as much and the new buyer was happy to buy it with that blemish and of course it sold way above MSRP.

2 weeks later
#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Relevant doesn't equal good or popular, just saying. The early movies are way more famous and widely known than the last one imo.
Heck, I got three kids age 8-14 and all of them have seen movie 1 and 2 but not 3 or 4.

Great anecdotal evidence! Check out the box office and reviews of all the movies. They are pretty close. Toy Story 4 is the consensus worst of the four in terms of reviews but some people seem to think it’s Ishtar. Toy Story 4 is still a very solid Pixar movie and Pixar pushes the envelope for storytelling and animation.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I took my kids to watch it yesterday, none of them liked it. Unlike the last 2 Pixar that were theater grade released on TV, this one felt like a tv show released in the theater.

We went with kids yesterday. It was a B. The kids really liked the cat robot character.

#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is you will be one of many over the upcoming months. Its a total money grab from JJP that my guess will back fire.

My guess is it is priced right at or just slightly above where it needs to be in today’s market. Godzilla LE, Deadpool LE and Stanger Things LE all command north of $16k used and higher for NIB. It’s just where the market is. I’m not hesitating on this one because I have unfortunately paid those insane prices for some of the good Stern LEs.

#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is you will be one of many over the upcoming months. Its a total money grab from JJP that my guess will back fire.

Only time to tell but if he “got out of” his CE spot my guess that is only because there is someone waiting for and eager to take that spot. I would like to believe it was out of the kindness of that distributor’s heart, but…

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Market is crazy, but many people buy these NIB games under the assumption they can spin at or above MSRP therefore no downside on a sight unseen purchase. Those games u list are established very highly rated pins that have been in the market for sometime, and Stern is slow to market on the premiums. JJP priced this unknown product waaaay too high, and my guess the market will reflect that over the next 6-8 months.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Possibly? I passed on my CE and have been offered spots sense release....I'm sitting this one out, and will wait until the dust settles.

Good points.

#1135 1 year ago

Watching the Buffalo Pinball stream and it looks like a lot of fun.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Fake ad doesn’t even have the game in his collection. Pinside needs to take this down.

I just offered to pick it up right away. No response.

#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Karl part 2 tonight. Let’s go.
Bust a nut buddy
Wtf you talking about DR propaganda. Once again pulling nonsense out of your ass.
We all know how it ended and where DR was at status wise when it did. It was a shitshow and everybody got to see what they were up to before the SEC shut em down.
Because you care fwiw, I didn’t lose a dime. I did lose my original Raza with Jpop, that’s how I got that free transfer. It ain’t no big thing except for the $57 million worth that shitbag screwed out of people.

Watched a bit. Game looks great. He is an incredible player.

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:Say what...?!
Well you can go ahead and and me to your list, guess that makes 9-11 on this site

Please add me. Now we are up to 10-12 on BTTF.

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I finally played TS4 at Pintastic early this morning. The game is super silky smooth. Those shots make the ball seem like its gliding around. Theme is still cool even though its the 4th movie. Everything was easy to understand and what to shoot for was lit up (it was before people arrived so I could hear the game).
What I didn't like about it (besides the price).... yes, the game is easy to shoot. While software can make progressing harder, it won't change that playfield and how easy the shots are to make. Taking into account the entire game features and play, as well as what they clearly stated was their target audience, JJP nailed it. For anyone that is a decent/good player, for anyone that runs tourneys or league (which I do at IIA), then the game is not for you. I would not have that game active in any competition as the ball times are massive.
I would have loved to play it more, but by the time I was back later to play again, the lines were long and I had a date with Oktoberfest and Heist

Darn, if I ultimately like TS4, it is only because I am a beginner/intermediate player.

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone but to put everyone comments in perspective.
Personally I enjoyed all movies. T4 is not my favorite but I would not categorize it as crap or a failure in anyway shape or form. I live near the Pixar studio and had the pleasure to visit it a few times for a fundraiser. I was there for a TS4 fundraiser. Talked to the animators I can tell you they surely put their heart and soul into this movie and are proud of their work. [quoted image]

Thank you for posting. People in this forum put it on an Ishtar or Mac and Me level. It's a great Pixar movie. Is it better than the first 3? Most say no.

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I see a few CEs have popped up in the marketplace with no mark up. Are we going to see a Halloween discounting of the deposits on these CEs? Stay tuned more at 11! I'd be panicked if I had bought one to flip at this point. 15k is a lot of coin to take a bath on.

Fake news for now. I see ONE where the guy has changed his mind (selling at cost) and another sale pending at $17,500. That being said, I think current margins are very tight for flippers. JJP gobbled up the flipper profit for itself. I guarantee you that some of the people who dropped their CE spots claiming the reason was game quality/theme/whatever are just flippers who realize they may not make any money on this one.

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image][quoted image]

When I checked and when he posted, it was one. But as Billy Madison said: “Proceed!”

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

How is this fake news? There are 2 in the marketplace currently. I said starting. Bath time will be soon though.

I shouldn’t have said that. It’s your opinion on where things are going to go. I have a feeling they will sell out and there won’t be the losses seen on Halloween but we’ll see. Looks like 1 of the 2 went pending at $15k (no loss) and the other changed the price to $2,500 and that may confuse some people. I think he just wants out but it may appear he wants $2,500 on top

#1572 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I was super disappointed by the Toy Story 4 (vs. Generic Toy Story) at release and was one of the factors not to buy it. I have personally seen the last few JJP games with playfields falling apart (games I owned or operated at the arcade) and the poor quality builds of JJP games, so was leery and tried to avoid FOMO. In general, I think most JJP games have been too easy and boring and the fact they tried to dumb this one down even more was a detraction. When I played one at an arcade today, it had the same mushy flipper feel of many of their games. There were no satisfying shots and the playfield was wide open with not much exciting to shoot for or innovative. I could barely hit the left ramp from the right flipper (not sure if the operator had turned the power down). A fellow operator I was playing with couldn't believe a $12K LE didn't have art blades. The location also had the game set to $1.50. I don't blame him since the game cost over $12K delivered, but many things were just not shooting right for a new game (balls getting hung up, flippers weak, etc.). Having owned an arcade, I know how hard the business can be, but at $12K it will be hard for operators to make their money back on this, when they can get Stern Pros at nearly half the price. I'm personally glad I made the decision to be out . . . I think within a year, you will be able to scoop up a used game below MSRP . . . While I hope JJP will ultimately succeed and give us more games, the lack of quality, high prices, and questionable games has had me on the sidelines for awhile . . .

Hmmm…I’m still in.

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How do you know this?
I have a MB and man newbies love that game, and MM is also a instant hit.
But with CCr any TS4 being so new how do you know TS4 will be picked over CC when they are not in a line up next to each other?
I have a CC coming and backed out of TS4 CE because I figured people would definitely pick CC over TS4. So curious how you determined your opinion.

It's always a bet/hunch isn't it? I have been a buyer since pandemic and have mostly purchased without playing. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. My bet/hunch is that my family will like TS because they liked DILE and Wonka. Also, we really enjoy the Toy Story series so having a game based on it is a dream theme for us.

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I wasn’t impressed when I heard of Godzilla being released by Elwin.
Didn’t even really pay too much attention to the gameplay vids either.
I then played one on location in UK.
I now have an LE…
The vids, call out, shots, mechs, Art are all fantastic.
Hell, even the theme has grown on me because it’s retro zilla.
It certainly don’t feel cheap.
Feels polished.

I can’t wait to have both Godzilla and Toy Story. I overpaid for an GZ LE and no regrets.

#1687 1 year ago

Shocking news. My kids are watching Toy Story - The Time Forgot and they are laughing. It’s a Toy Story short I guess but it’s not Toy Story 1, 2 or 3????

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I chuckle when people mention POTC as a game no one liked or wanted and try to compare TS4 to it. This is not POTC, and will not follow in it's footsteps.

I didn’t like POTC and I liked Dialed In and loved Wonka. I like my chances with TS4

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

You gotta love this hobby, machines for all. I have the exact opposite opinion on each. I wish I didn’t though, as the wonky theme is great, just can’t stand how the pin plays.

I agree. It’s why playing the pin is the only way. Didn’t fall in love with Pirates. Love Godzilla (and have no connection to the theme). Didn’t really like Iron Maiden (but only flipped a couple times). I like Deadpool so far but the comic book aspect bothers me a bit (not into comics) so not sure if it’s a long term keeper for us. Really liked Hobbit. Really liked Big Lebowski. Flipped Rush a few times and was pleasantly surprised. If I just went solely on pinside rankings, I would have missed out…

2 weeks later
#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sounds like a slot machine to me and plenty of others apparently. I've played it enough.

I’ve never played a pin or video game that has driven me batty like some of the people on pinside claim with Wonka. Having that extreme reaction to sound is definitely not the norm.

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably because you've only rated games made within the last decade.
Go play some Rocky & Bullwinkle and report back!

I'll look for that one and crank it up to an 11. Wish me luck

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Omg, listening to Jack on the The Awesome Pinball Podcast, and he just explained that they had the license for toy story 1-3. I cannot believe they decided to focus on 4. I thought for sure Disney said “4 or nothing” but they had 1-3 and DECIDED to do 4?! That’s … crazy. Not just crazy… stupid. Dumb. WTF are you thinking dumb.
I still have a TS4 coming, and it looks like it will be a fun game, but … what could have been. I think I would have been better off not knowing this tidbit of information.

Wow, I listened to the same podcast and he really didn’t say it that way. They had the license for 1-3 many years ago and then had to do Wonka first because there was competition for that license and a short window. When they returned to the license, the Disney licensing execs had changed. The new execs seemed to be pushing 4 because the movie release had been moved up. Also better animation technology/assets was another consideration. I am not saying the decision was the right one but at least relay the information correctly!

3 weeks later
#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well that's better than I would have expected based on Pinside sentiment. Good news.

Hang in there. Pinside sentiment isn't the world. Then again, you'll think I am crazy. Waiting for TS4 CE and just took delivery of your favorite game RM.

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For me, Cary's quote is depressing...like we must have "seen it all" by now. Quincy's teacher's quote is a lot more uplifting & hopeful. There really are only 12 notes in Western music! So rather than think of pinball as a 2x4 sheet of plywood, I prefer to think of it as 12 notes. At the moment, Team Elwin and Scott Danesi are making incredible music with those 12 notes! Godzilla, Jurassic Park and Rick and Morty are all masterpieces...definitely restored my interest in pinball (which was starting to die, to be honest).

Funny, my current collection after a couple sales will be Godzilla, Jurrasic Park, Rick and Morty and....TS4.

#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, we have similar tastes I still haven't played TS4, but it's unlikely to find a slot in my lineup. My last JJP was GNRLE loved looking at it, hated playing it. Lasted 5-6 months IIRC.

3/4 isn't bad. I haven't played TS4 yet, but I loved how Dialed In shot and enjoyed Wonka, but like the Toy Story theme better. I am hoping/betting it combines those elements. I have heard that it does. We'll see...

1 month later
#2696 1 year ago

Soon I’ll have Godzilla LE next to Toy Story 4 CE. No regrets, never wavered and very excited

#2701 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Doesn't solve the problem. I had a professional pinball mover (and pinball buddy) over with a high-end Escalara type device and after seeing him struggle with my DILE, told him to fuck it...I'll live with it downstairs. They don't deal well with a curvy stained staircase...
I guess my point is the extra weight is unnecessary and not reflective of "quality"...just a PITA.
[quoted image]

I feel you on those stairs. At least mine are one straight run up with a landing and then another run up. Have moved Pirates, Wonka, WOZ YBR up those stairs. Not an easy task!

#2753 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I'm sorry but I can't understand why an adult would buy this unless for their child. I think the movies were great, but I'm an adult and have no interest to ever play this.

Why be limited to only adult themes? I have never seen a Pokémon cartoon but if a Pokémon pinball won game of the year and I enjoyed playing it, I would probably educate myself in the world of Pokémon (so I could enjoy it even more) and consider buying the machine. I did this with Godzilla. Didn’t know what a Kaiju was before seeing the game.

I’m excited to have TBL, RM, GZLE and TS4CE all next to each other. I don’t consider any of those to be adult or kid exclusive. They are just good games with good themes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=noma2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.