20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 1 year ago

They would have to really screw this up for me not to buy this, kinda like Star Wars was imo. I’ve been waiting years for this one. It needs to be magical. Star Wars wasn’t although it’s still fun. It hopefully has the assets, but I’ll see how it’s coded. I have very little concerns about quality issues, but I probably will wait for a little while instead of being a day one Guinea pig. My gnr has zero issues after a year and same with my other jjp games. Toy story and Star Wars are probably my top 2 themes, so yeah, I’m getting this unless it really disappoints.

#95 1 year ago

Why does everybody keep thinking a voice actor has to be buzz or woody? Think back to potc. A smaller character actor would be much more affordable.

4 weeks later
#859 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

As the article states 100 CEs were sold direct. One customer got his transaction reversed so only 99 were sold. The rest were allocated to dealers. JJP considers them sold (to dealer inventory) but that doesn’t mean they’ve been sold to end users. Ditto the LEs.

This is the same way stern measures their “sold” LEs. Pretty typical

Guess you could measure it more accurately by calling around to see if you can still find a CE at msrp, and not marked way the hell up

4 months later
#2839 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You *really* don't know me.
I have over 15K plays on Wonka, 4K on guns and around 12K on Pirates across 3 machines.
I make streams and tutorial videos to help explain the rules and nuance.
I am absolutely a player, not a collector. I keep a small number of games that I play deeply into rather than a large collection that I play once each.

I got one have always enjoyed your tutorial videos. I still want a wonka after watching how much you enjoy yours. I wish TS4 was a must buy for me like I planned on it being for years, but maybe I’ll look a a wonka now instead. I’m with you on nib pricing as well. Getting harder to get newer games even huo these days.

1 week later
#2905 1 year ago

Simply put, if the game was based on TS 1-3 price would not have mattered and jjp wouldn’t be able to keep up with orders. Game is beautiful, probably really fun, but it’s a carnival game with toy story mixed in. Not what we wanted or expected. Price wouldn’t have mattered.

#2912 1 year ago

RR Woz, CE wonka, pirates, gnr le, and hobbit are all equally as beautiful and I’d rank woz and hobbit above ts4 in looks.

#2918 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

So you have TS4 CE or have you seen it in person?
I’ve seen it sitting next to all those games and the attention it gets is second to none.
Don’t forget we’re including the backbox & screen in the equation and there’s no way old Grainy Woz movie clips outshine cutting edge renders of beloved modern characters by Pixar/Disney….not even close.

You do realize art is completely subjective right? The ts4 is gorgeous, but every jjp has been. As far as the grainy video on Woz, you obviously can’t appreciate classic film. I wouldn’t have it any other way. You sound like one of those guys that prefers the Star Wars special edition movies over the original films. Again, no jjp choice is wrong when talking about looks, and I’d put Woz and hobbit over all of them, but that’s simply my subjective opinion.

#2924 1 year ago

You do realize you didn’t answer my question right?

Well, since you seem to value hi-def video so much, I’ve only seen it in hi-def and hi-res images. Yes, game is beautiful, but again all the jjp games are and again, it’s subjective. How you would fault a game like woz for using original footage is mind boggling to me. Woz and hobbit are possibly/probably the 2 best theme integrated games ever. Near perfect implementation imo. RR Woz and Hobbit LE imo are also the best looking jjp games, and the screen images play no part in anything. And, no I don’t have a tsce, or seen one in person, but again your value of images apparently is high, so just comparing images alone, I’m still sticking to my opinion.

#2932 1 year ago

That explains a lot…thanks for confirming.

No problem, and thanks to you for being the authority on all things related to subjective pinball art opinions. It’s been helpful

#2935 1 year ago

You’re welcome, and here’s some more help….The difference between seeing something first-hand vs in photos is not insignificant…and that’s not an opinion….

Not really sure what your problem is or why you seem to need to argue. I already said the game is beautiful. I also said art and looks are subjective. Do you know the definition of subjective? Look it up. I’m done discussing it with you. I’m happy for you and your subjective opinion.

1 week later
#2987 1 year ago

Panzer, that CE is gorgeous, and btw guys, the corvette is where it’s at. American muscle

1 week later
#3012 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

In fairness, you have many machines now that you wouldn't be able to get for less than $10k anymore. Even Stern Premiums are essentially 10k now... You could easily just trade for one of those if you wanted.
With how many games you have, I imagine that you would find personal value in being able to have your son enjoy your collection and hobby as well. Based on what you said, this game could very well be that. If he gets bored of it quickly. Then just sell it, you'll probably lose a few hundred dollars in the process, but at the end of the day you'll feel good knowing you tried to nourish that spark you saw.
I personally have some games in my collection that I don't love, I just value their uniqueness. It probably wouldn't hurt to give JJP a try. IMO, they're significantly nicer to work on than modern Sterns.

This actually makes sense!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.