20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#492 1 year ago

Ouch.

#602 1 year ago

My thoughts:

Game definitely can be fun, but JJP is attempting to set a new high bar for price and the value doesn't seem to be there. This likely would have been a hit at Stern pricing.

Toy Story 4 is an odd license. I bet if we looked at all Toy Story posts on pinside, no one asked for a game dedicated to movie #4.

Video pinball as a toy... not feeling that.

This whole idea of "broadening" pinball to families - we've seen this tried time and again - it never works. The pinball market is firmly established. Stern finally figured this out, and has it dialed in (no pun intended).

This title will sell, but it won't be a mega hit. For those wanting JJP to release 2 titles a year, maybe this is good news.

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

This makes think the target audience is not pinheads at but rather people who frequent and collect all things disney.

This has never proven to be a successful formula. The market is always pinheads who ALSO love the theme. And the remaining operators who buy mostly everything.

Fine, someone can point me to a Mustang owner who bought the pinball, or a doctor somewhere who love KISS, but those are outliers. You can't build a manufacturing business around that.

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Is this an arcade from after the apocalypse or where is everyone (except for dad and his girl)?

What cracked me up most about that video was how uncomfortable the "dad" was putting his hand on the girl's shoulder. It's like "please don't report me" while he was doing it, lol.

#858 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Per Pinball News, they sold $30M of pins opening day. That was 1k CE’s + 1.25k LE’s = 2.25k orders in one day. This week through end of year they should easily sell another matching 1.25k LE’s and JJP could be looking at having sold/made 4k TS4’s.

The "follow through" sales is a big assumption. If most of the initial orders went to their distributors, then those distributors need to sell their games before ordering more.

I find it interesting as well how much JJP is trumpeting this "news". It feels a little forced, like "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". Trying to get ahead of the story and maximize FOMO.

We'll know in a few weeks how the dust settled on this title.

#955 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

We made it to the 6th grade until she starting getting teased about not having a phone.

Wow. Times have changed.

One compromise we have in my house which still exists now even with teenagers are the phones get surrendered in the kitchen for charging in the evening and they’re phone free for the rest of the night. We watch family TV together because they aren’t pulled away by their phones.

#1054 1 year ago

The Toy Story rumor has been around for so many years, is it possible it was always for the "new" movie coming, and the game was released all these years later?

Time hasn't been kind to TS4, and the release now seems odd.

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I find these mislabeled in general. The LE is effectively not that limited. The CE however is, so if one wants to collect one and they are sold out then tough luck.

I agree. These are basically "Premiums" and "LEs" but with different names (and prices).

What's amusing to me was the CE was an answer to Stern's SLE with Batman 66. However Stern has kept the SLE a special distinction only used one other time, whereas JJP has made it the new LE.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sucks that they never release sales numbers. No ideas how many CE or LE models Distro’s are sitting on. Pure speculation at this point. But man o man this is one divisive pin.

Best we've got is to compare the numbers in the Pinside owners database. It will at least paint a picture of overall trend.

1 month later
#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Wow, I listened to the same podcast and he really didn’t say it that way. They had the license for 1-3 many years ago and then had to do Wonka first because there was competition for that license and a short window. When they returned to the license, the Disney licensing execs had changed. The new execs seemed to be pushing 4 because the movie release had been moved up. Also better animation technology/assets was another consideration. I am not saying the decision was the right one but at least relay the information correctly!

That makes sense with how long there had been rumors of a TS pin coming from JJP.

1 month later
#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I kind of feel bad for Steve. I get the feeling he was told he could finally design a game with unlimited BOM, yet JJP seems to be releasing overpriced games with stripped playfields these days. Steve does do more with less, so he will make a fun game either way.

He must have been made a sweet offer, since as reported he was working on James Bond for Stern. So the incentive was there to abandon that top license. I can't imagine him making the switch for anything short of "no compromise" pinball. But maybe Toy Story's soft response might change things around there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Wanted
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.