20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wonder how much Stern will raise prices for?
Bond next
Jaws and Elwin after that
Then BTTF
3 great licenses.
Is there even a breaking point?

How many of those 3 will actually have audio & video assets from the movies? If JP was any indication, they might be a let down in terms of theme integration…

#1367 1 year ago

I know, I know, comparing aftermarket prices is “irrelevant” for some people who prefer to stick their heads in the sand and pretend they aren’t “real transactions”….news flash: they ARE real sales and a better indication of fair market value than a set price from the manufacturer….that said, Godzilla LE (limited to only 1,000 units) is selling for the same price as TS4 CE (also limited to only 1,000 units) yet the BOM on TS4 CE is definitely higher than GZ LE….so if BOM is all that matters, TS4 CE has actually been UNDERPRICED…..unless…there is more to “value” than BOM….and is actually subjective….nah, that couldn’t be it…

#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

Bahahaha, it’s coming and soon, just wait and it’s going to be bad.

When everyone & their grandmother is predicting something (recession or otherwise) the odds of it actually occurring drop…”bigly”…

#1447 1 year ago

JJP’s TS4 includes callouts by Buzz & Woody & Bo…all actual actors from the actual movies (except for Hanks bro who virtually sounds identical and does all Tom’s non-theatrical voice work anyway)…and all 3 characters are prominently displayed on the playfield…so to say this isn’t “featuring” the main characters is plain wrong…as for TS4 vs the previous versions, go back and compare the graphics of Ts1 & 2 with TS4….ITS NIGHT AND DAY…there’s better graphics in mobile phone games than those first TS movies…frankly the graphics in TS4 are BEAUTIFUL…not just the polygon count but also the lighting effects in the the animation….I’m not surprised Disney/Pixar wanted their video clips to be of the HIGHEST QUALITY…and the game itself is FUN, APPROACHABLE, and simply GORGEOUS…Combined with the voices of the 3 primary TS Characters, there’s no denying this is Toy Story thru & thru…

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cool, enjoy! $12-15k well spent, then!
I'm sure you'll be able to convince people that TS4 is a better film than TS1-3 because of the "graphics."

Nice attempt at a strawman…sign of the haters getting desperate…

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Uhh, pretty sure Duke Caboom is most people's favorite new character in TS4. He's Canada's greatest daredevil stuntman, and he's awesome![quoted image]

Sounds like the Keanu Reeves callouts are actually him…just another bonus…

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What strawman?

You wrote, “ I'm sure you'll be able to convince people that TS4 is a better film than TS1-3 because of the ‘graphics.’ …show me where “a better film” was written in the post you were replying to…I’ll wait…

#1463 1 year ago

What are the chances that JJP announces a better topper for the LE by Xmas?

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep waiting. Get to the wizard mode a few hundred times on your suicidal fork carnival game.

Keep trolling…

#1553 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

And with this folks... I'm out. FYI, there were multiple folks asking to take my spot. So, at least I can say the demand for the CE is still floating in the air.
I'll regret this down the road, but I'm limited to 4 games.
I've already paid for NIB Wonka LE from Automated Services in Connecticut. Saved a few pennies doing this as well. Thanks adol75 for the tip.
[quoted image]

Isn’t there a transfer fee from JJP?

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The game is gorgeous. I really dont mind it's ts4 either, just as long as the toy story athmosphere is in it.
What i do mind is how scarce, anemic and linear it looks.
I have a hard time seeing anybody not beeing bored out of their mind playing this for more then 200 games.
Just compare it to the elegance of ball paths in godzilla.
Ts4 looks like an eager kid wacking a pinyata(the pinyata is nice looking), whilst godzilla is the most graceful and beautiful flamenco dancer.

Godzilla is clearly the deeper game…but theme and fit & finish mean a lot to collectors…OG Godzilla is just such a clunky theme with videos of a man in a creature costume…sure some love it for the nostalgia but it looks cheap and is cheap….the TS animations are cutting edge as is the lighting synchronization…apples & oranges…

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The primary issue almost everyone has with TS4 is it’s mechanically barren and lacks satisfying moments.

Ignorant statement….plenty of satisfying moments in TS4…even the “haters” enjoy the Forky 3-shot combo and Kaboom ramp loops…

4 weeks later
#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same. Wonka is approaching 13,000 plays for us and is still a game we work on nightly.
The long term value we got from the last Lawlor/Katz combo was what made me jump into the CE immediately.
I don't care about the theme being TS4. I don't care about the theme at all, no matter which version of Toy Story is represented.
I don't care about clips, and I don't care TOO much about mechs if the code makes up for it (which was the case in Wonka IMO.)
I don't care if the movie scenes are represented on the screen without audio.
In short, the normal Pinside whines are not applicable to me.
I care about fun, deep code, and rewards that keep me reaching over time.

Based on what we’ve seen from Karl, wouldn’t think “deep code” currently applies to TS4…I do like the RED CHROME finish on the CE…

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The color choice of red powder coating on the CE was a big miss. Come on. After Wonka.
The run from 500 to 1,000 is huge. Stern included.
I’m giving the TS4CE to one daughter of mine after I play it for a while.
Middle daughter is a big STH fan so she’s gonna get that one.
Youngest one likes NBAFB! Still in school though and I can’t give that one up.

It’s a CHROME red…not flat red like Wonka.

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a beauty. Just looking for something different. Is Wonka flat?

Ya Wonka CE Red is shiny “Candy Red”…I prefer the sparkles that are embedded in the wonka Sparkle Blue LE (my personal favorite in the Wonka line).

The Chrome Red in TS4 should be next level…

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ahhh... makes sense...now I get why they had to charge $15K

Incorrect…but it does look great…

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Post up your pins Jimmy.
What are you afraid of?
You know we are gonna laugh our asses off. Lol
I mean you get a break just from originating from LA/Cali. It explains a lot.

Hey now…LA doesn’t speak for all of Cali…

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Played some GNR and Wonka last night.
Some great JJP fun. Those two are right there with GZ, STH and EHOH for my current play time.

Given what just transpired with the fake photos, it seems to me an updated photo or 2 of your collection are warranted…

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Completely false and misguided. Rich, successful people are often tough critics. This idea that rich folk think everything is great is silly...really.

Actually most of the super rich (9-figure plus net worths) who I know don’t really care about the price if it “looks good” and JJP’s games definitely look good…

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Toys and features should be a C
Theme C+ for me, because it’s the worst TS movie, do you like Forkey more than Zurg?
How cool would it have been to have Zurg rise up from the PF like the Iron Monger bash toy?
They could have done some cool code like pick a character T-Rex, Mr Potato Head, Buzz etc and had different starting modes or scoring like SW or Potc has.
[quoted image]

Given Zurg turned out to be Buzz in disguise, he kinda already is in the game…

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yup similar to ngg, same designer, so yup makes sense. The difference for me is that Ngg ramp is an eye sore.
And we believe that rating games shouldn’t be contingent upon price. That’s a different argument. But, we do feel like pricing is an important topic to discuss, which we did.

The problem with your rating system is it never goes below a C minus…why not just make it 9 point scale? It would be far more accurate

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've been around plenty of 9-figure folks...they come in many different shapes and sizes. It's ridiculous to generalize. Pinsiders are a unique bunch. There are a lot of buyers that just want a game for a room and (as you say) just want eye candy. No doubt. *ALL* of JJP's games are eye candy...no argument whatsoever! What this group usually obsesses over is the GAME itself. Is it fun? Is it unique? Does it have longevity? I just picked up a GZ Premium and feel like I'll be playing that game for a very long time before I feel real comfortable with it. Tough game with some really unique and amazing shots/flow.

I’m not generalizing…I stated a fact…

#2271 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The "problem" is that these weirdos are the lucky type that just love everything pinball.
I was at this car show the other week and the DJ was playing all this old timey music "Dead Man's Curve" and shit like that. How lucky it would be to actually love that music; there's like a never ending supply of it and it's all the fucking same and you could listen to it all day and be happy.
Anyway, they're memorized by all things pinball like my kittens are with a laser pointer. It's weird, but lucky them. I wish I could play GB and not light myself on fire.

I will say that their Overall Ranking of TS4 is not too encouraging….Greg has it BEHIND WOZ and barely in top 30…

What I’m curious to see is how a TOP 5 Game like MM would rank using the same metrics…it certainly is full of toys but you can reach the Final Wizard Mode even easier than in TS4…
D217E109-A149-4BC5-8307-5DAAF63403DD (resized).jpegD217E109-A149-4BC5-8307-5DAAF63403DD (resized).jpegE471705B-C269-4EE5-93CB-D7649160250B (resized).jpegE471705B-C269-4EE5-93CB-D7649160250B (resized).jpeg

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s entertainment Freaky.
If you can’t figure out what you like then you are dumber than a brick.
Not saying you. Lol

You missed the point…many on here are implying that SDTM’s review seems too favorable…but when you look at it in context, there’s no way to substantiate that claim…

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

hmm...a fact about your 9-figure friends purchasing habits? Why mention their net worth if you weren't generalizing? Here is the definition, fyi...
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/generalizing

It’s not generalization…

Clearly you didn’t bother to read the definition you yourself posted…or simply didn’t grasp it….to be clear, I didn’t infer anything…I reported a fact…

#2293 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

So true...Zach and Greg are fun to watch, but I don't take the reviews very seriously. SINCE I KNOW WHAT I LIKE

Whatever...it really isn't that important! You reported a fact and didn't infer anything...there, I said it. Happy now?

Back to the Topic…based on Greg’s review, TS4 is 29 out of 46 games he reviewed…so all this talk about SDTM overrating the games is quite a “generalization”…

#2298 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re telling me in 12,000 plays on Wonka, you haven’t seen everything? Your comparative logic is just baffling.

Assuming by “seen” you mean reach every Wizard mode, the answer is no. Reaching PI is one of the toughest achievements in recent pinball…

#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

What is crazy to me is not so much the SDTM rating of the pin, but where it stands in the list compared to the other pins. I don't have a lot of time on TS4, only played it several times. I just did not want to waste anymore money on it. There were so many other machines at the location I preferred to play, and many of those are below where SDTM listed TS4. I would much rather play/own Tron (ranked the same as TS4) Monster Bash, Iron Maiden, Adam's family, WOZ, Metallica, Cactus Canyon, AIQ, all of which are scored lower than TS4. That is just crazy to me.

Why are you ignoring Greg? He do something to piss you off?

Last I checked he rated many of those games HIGHER than TS4….

1 week later
#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm guessing you haven't actually seen pictures of TS4 yet then? Because there's absolutely nothing in the game lol what are you talking about?

I’m guessing you think there are more coils in GZ than in TS4….

#2462 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Are you saying coils = toys and/or fun? Hobbit would like a word because that game could have double the coils and it would still be less fun than a GZ Pro with the coils removed from everything but the flippers.

The ignorant OP said “nothing”…I’m saying coils count as “things”…and there are more of them…Period. #Facts.

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nope, that was me. And the spot is now sold.
I paid $2500 deposit against the $15000 MSRP, leaving the balance at $12,500 plus shipping/tax.
I sold my spot for $500, so I took a $2000 loss.
As you suggested to me earlier, I won't buy a game without playing it again.

Actually I transferred my ownership of the slot. So I am out, and the buyer deals with my distro directly.
And you are correct, leaving my distro holding the bag for a purchase decision I changed my mind on was not something I was willing to do.
The buyer is happy and excited to get the game at a discount, I am excited to move on and stop stressing about it, everyone wins.

Hopefully you’re not planning on buying a new LE anymore or this transaction makes little sense…

#2495 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm not. Buying a new LE for 12K after losing 2K on the CE would be like buying an LE for 14K.
I might get back in on a used LE someday, but it depends on the price.
FOMO is cured for me.

That Red CHROME finish looks stunning in person…and that Topper is very unique—unlike any other topper ever made…and the game itself is very fun…Code will only get deeper…and once we put more time between the hate—which is at a fever pitch right now—I predict Toy Story will be viewed in a much better light…bottomline: I think your CE sale price will prove to be the low watermark…

BTW: You could possibly get an LE now from Robby (who’s waiting for the CE, like me) for just over $10K…why wait?

3 weeks later
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Why would distributors pay the deposit for someone else?
That is clearly a bad idea and hopefully they'll learn their lesson.

Ya I don’t know of any who do that but maybe if you’re a highend customer buying every pin they build up the trust…but then they’ve probably made so much off these customers the potential $2500 loss is a drop in the bucket..

#2665 1 year ago

A much better objective review….going just on the pinside concensus, you’d never know Godzilla has less than half as many coils as TS4….

#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Are coils a measure of fun or value?

I could see how you’d be brainwashed into thinking that were the case, based on all the TS4 bashing on pinside…

#2669 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

If TS4 has double the coils of GZ, that's everlasting proof that coil count has nothing to do with fun or design excellence.

The only ones claiming that they did were the TS4 bashers claiming there was “nothing in it”…even though the facts proved otherwise…that should tell you all you need to know about the disingenuousness of the bashers…

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because it takes cites and applies them poorly.
ToyStory has a lot of coils - but it doesn't have a lot of actual play features. TS4 is complex in that most of those drivers are tied up in elements players don't find exciting
It has 4 pop-bumpers to GZ's 1
It has a knocker to Sterns' fake knocker
It has two coils tied up in Benson posts
It has a lock post and the divertor
two saucers
Plus 7 more coils tied up in general playfield stuff (flippers, trough, slings,etc)
So 18 them are kind of boring...
Then you get into the real 'play features' and you get
a kickback
a scoop
jump ramp
gabby (which takes 2 coils)
drop target (which takes 2 coils)
spinning disc
So you really only get people seeing a spinning disc, jump ramp, gabby, and a controlled drop.. and if you want to highlight the ramp diverter and a physical lock. TS4 didn't bring play elements people weren't already very familiar with.
While TS4 has 18 coils of mechs tied up into boring almost pedestrian stuff.. GZ optimizes to only spending 9 coils on vanilla playfield stuff
3 flippers
1 pop
2 slings
trough+plunger
VUK
Feature wise godzilla delivers a all-time play experience only using
1 saucer
1 bridge coil
2 magnets
2 motors (shield and building)
So Godzilla using only 4 coils and 2 motors packs more experience than TS4's 7 coils and one motor in that same category of fun.
If anything it shows how TS4 spends a lot of BOM on elements that don't resonate with players as necessarily exciting (saucers and more controlled drops) vs the punch of Godzilla's design where one motor serves multiple features and there is more levels and play variation.
Godzilla shows how you can get so much more by being savy and TS4 shows how you can spend a lot and get a lot flatter experience.
Coils can be a indicator of complexity - but an indicator that shouldn't be extrapolated in all directions (see Hobbit too)

The benson posts are not boring at all! They individually mess with the player in their very own mode—apart from the caboom ramp—and have sound effects to boot! And most people really love the “laser effect” of the ball “shooting around” in the 4 bumpers…it’s one of the best designed pops in history! Clearly your post is biased…unlike these guys…

#2686 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The do not weigh 400lbs.

POTC came close…

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea i was having posting issues lol.

That’s your body trying to resist typing your bs…

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

IMO, Using the wrong your doesn't make someone look like an idiot.
It's very much a subtle difference and when speaking the language you don't have to make the distinction.
The fact that that we have all these rules for all these common words like its/it's, there/their/they're, and to/two/too, just illustrates how counter intuitive the English language is.
Pinside is an internet forum. It's not a professional work environment. Most people don't feel the need to proof read. Many people here are typing things out on their phones and have a hard enough time trying to press the right keys in the first place.
You also can't know the background of the people typing. I'm sure for many here, English isn't their first language.
I personally have Aspergers and really struggled in English. I've always been top in class in math and science courses. However, to my brain, English is just a random set of rules seemingly pulled out of nowhere and with every rule having a multitude of exceptions. It's the most counter intuitive skill out there because there is no rhyme or reason behind half the rules. I personally find it frustrating to be in a group of fellow pinball enthusiasts and wind up being graded on the grammar of my posts like I'm back in those dreadful English courses.
The purpose of language is to convey a message. If nobody was confused by the message, then they were successful.
I don't find a small grammar slip up to be any indication of someone's intelligence.
On the other side of the fence, I find most grammar nazis are just conceded individuals, foolishly trying to show internet strangers that they do in fact have a superior intellect. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you fall into this camp. That is just my first impression when I see someone doing what you're doing.

Agreed….and many are using mobile devices that have retarded auto-correct features that incorrectly utilize “your” an it’s too much trouble on a mobile device to go back and correct it…

#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I will get to play TS4 in a few weeks. Look forward to making my own judgement. I won't buy it since it's out of my price range, but if it's fun I'll find places to play it.

Don’t worry…according to the haters it’ll be selling for 20 bucks in a few weeks due to lack of “value”

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

If you ran JJP and your last pin gnr LEs first run and CEs was being resold for a few thousand more. Ofcourse you raise prices to get rid of the scalpers. I would rather have JJP get all the money than leave some on the table for others. That's where stern makes mistakes. TS4 has 18 mechs and 1 virtual on the LCD. Mini game has a objective to do to increase tiki multi ball jackpots. So it counts.

No use stating facts here…the average pinside TS4 hater continues to believe Godzilla has a higher BOM even though TS4 has double the number of coils…hence their “no value” argument against TS4…you’re just asking to get down voted…those of us who actually play it know better of course…and never mind that “shallower” games like MM Royal & Big Lebowski continue to sell used versions for higher prices than TS4….but like I said, the TS4 haters don’t let facts get in the way of a good story…and will down-vote such statements…watch and see…

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

My little pony might be the greatest game ever, but I don't think i'm going to change my life to get into it.
Toystory IS a great movie, I just don't see any appeal in this game, and TS4 at that, it just seems odd that they chose number 4 but what do I know. The game is loud to look at.

And most people would consider the old school Godzilla theme absolutely irrelevant in modern culture…to argue that TS4 has less appeal is clearly a pinside only opinion…

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Show me on the doll where Godzilla touched you lol.
Modern Culture? FFS the latest Godzilla was a few years ago and its been around for decades and will outlive woody and the spoon for decades to come.
Some peoples kids.

What part of your brain has trouble processing the term “old school”?

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, ratings matter and even after you were warned, you compared it to GZ. Lol. Flynn broke down the whole coil argument, you should understand what he says.
Again, TS4 and Godzilla. Some people and their mental gymnastics.
Still out.

Flynn’s breakdown boiled down to a confirmation of my statement: TS4 has more than double the number of coils as GZ….sorry to break it to ya, but BOM is a factor in pricing…but keep on hatin’…it’s fun to watch…

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Of course, since we are the crazies buying these beasts! When "family and friends" are being *treated* to experience [X], it's really easy to see how they would have fun. What's not fun about free pinball??? Or anything, for that matter (playing games, eating, swimming, etc.). Feed 'um Domino's pizza...chances are they will love that free experience as well, despite the fact that Domino's pizza sucks.

You missed the point…the OP has many pins but the guests particularly enjoyed TS4…catch the distinction?

#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We all know by now though that more coils doesn’t necessary mean a better or an even more loaded game. Same goes for value.
Let’s compare motorized mechs, magnets, and detailed molds in GZ and Toy Story 4. Would you rather have 4 pop bumpers or a large motorized moving building with a motorized moving physical ball lock on top of it? Would you rather have a pop up bash toy (Gabby Gabby) or a motorized moving ramp that reveals a shot to a mechagodzilla mold with a magnet that captures the ball? Would you rather have a kick out shot or a breaking bridge mech? Would you rather have a ramp divertor or a magnetic newton ball mech? Would you rather the custom molds in GZ or the $20 Amazon cake toppers in Toy Story?
It’s toys, mechs, and molds in the examples above that help show coil count alone doesn’t mean more fun (or even more value). Motorized mechs, magnets, and molds mean just as much if not more then coils.

Ummm everything you just wrote is “subjective”…I was referring to BOM which is Objective…to refresh your memory, the haters would have you believe TS4 is cheaper to make than a Godzilla Premium…that is objectively not remotely the case…and I for one absolutely cringe at the OG Godzilla theme…it’s just pure garbage to me…dude in a glorified monkey suit with cardboard buildings shot on a low res 70s camcorder is not enticing in the slightest…playing the game I appreciate the creativity & engineering but it is simply not fun due to the cringy theme…TS4 is simply in a superior league entirely…go check the cost and difficulty in attaining a license for TS4 vs the OG Godzilla license….night and day..there is a reason for that—it’s called the free market. It doesn’t lie.

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got any more crack? You are probably the only person in the world that would pick TS4 over GZ. Lol. TS4 will never ever even think about hitting the top 50, let alone dethroning the King? Good lord man..Glad you enjoy it though..

Your continual reference to crack explains your inability to distinguish opinions from facts….and also your affection for men in glorified monkey suits from the 50s…

#2811 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

if you aren't on drugs you need to start taking them

Yep, something a crack dealer would say…meanwhile, you failed to acknowledge that I deal in facts while you have no choice but to keep falling back on opinions…

#2815 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You are a poor judge of pinball machines.

No you are.

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I always hope trolls at least get they're trolls and are having fun with it instead of seriously that deranged.
[quoted image]

Wrong dummy…ratings are opinions…no surprise that TS4 haters can’t grasp the distinction…

#2820 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The ONLY opinion that matters on a pin is your own.
Not podcasters, not Pinside, not even the Pinside Top 100.
If you like a game, great. If you don't like it, it's not for you. Both positions are perfectly reasonable and valid.

Not according to the TS4 haters…the are so desperate to justify their opinions on the game…it’s pretty sad…

1 month later
#2895 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You are misunderstanding my position on this.
I don't need pins to appreciate. I buy them for what they are, at the price they are.
But people have thresholds for what a specific thing is worth TO THEM.
Example: Some people are content to drive Camry, some drive Porsches. To the Camry people, paying more than 35K (or whatever they cost) is not worth it because in their mind and for their preferences, "no car is worth more than that."
This is where I am with pins. They've pushed the pricing up to a tier that just doesn't interest me. I won't get 15K fun out of a CE pin.

You don’t need to get 15k fun out of a ce pin…it will likely resell for close to $15k after years of enjoyment and it would have cost you a tiny fraction of the $15k…

#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Top 3 most beautiful pin Ive ever seen (the CE). The game itself just didnt meet my expectations. Looking to get more time on it

Curious what other games you have in the top 3?? To me the beautiful playfield (with sparkle inlays), incredible lighting, Chrome Red Armor, artwork, unique fiber optic topper, razor sharp animations on the back glass screen (better than any other pin in history), and the lighting (yes its so awesome it must be mentioned twice!), and the unmistakable Pixar Classic Plunger…it just stands apart from any other pin when in attract mode…again, I’d be curious what pin you’d rank higher on just purely aesthetics….that’s worth a lot to Collectors by the way…and a big reason why it is unlikely to drop much in the long run…~$13k is the bottom…

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

RR Woz, CE wonka, pirates, gnr le, and hobbit are all equally as beautiful and I’d rank woz and hobbit above ts4 in looks.

So you have TS4 CE or have you seen it in person?

I’ve seen it sitting next to all those games and the attention it gets is second to none.

Don’t forget we’re including the backbox & screen in the equation and there’s no way old Grainy Woz movie clips outshine cutting edge renders of beloved modern characters by Pixar/Disney….not even close.

#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You do realize art is completely subjective right? The ts4 is gorgeous, but every jjp has been. As far as the grainy video on Woz, you obviously can’t appreciate classic film. I wouldn’t have it any other way. You sound like one of those guys that prefers the Star Wars special edition movies over the original films. Again, no jjp choice is wrong when talking about looks, and I’d put Woz and hobbit over all of them, but that’s simply my subjective opinion.

You do realize you didn’t answer my question right?

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I own
Stranger things Le
Godzilla LE
Jurassic park Le
Iron maiden Le
Mandalorion LE
Elvira prem
Deadpool prem
GnR ce
Annnnnnd TS4 ce…
I’ve own all the big Bally/Williams heavy hitters.
MM royal etc
I gotta say is my favourite pin out of everything I have right now, maaaaaaybe side by side with my Stranger things.
It has great replay ability, everyone that complained about it without playing, that played it at my place… ate their words.
Same complaints about Stranger things when it came out.
Not every theme can be rock or horror.
The only thing I didn’t like about it is the price.
That and I would of been happy with just a LE and saved some cash.
But over all. Killer pin that I play the most since it came out.
Hope that helps some people that are on the fence. If you can get it for lower then retail. You won’t be disappointed.

MM royal etc
I gotta say is my favourite pin out of everything I have right now, ”

You buried the headline bro….

#2929 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Ts4 is a super model

That’s the only part of your post that was relevant…thanks for confirming!

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

And, no I don’t have a tsce, or seen one in person

That explains a lot…thanks for confirming.

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

No problem, and thanks to you for being the authority on all things related to subjective pinball art opinions. It’s been helpful

You’re welcome, and here’s some more help….The difference between seeing something first-hand vs in photos is not insignificant…and that’s not an opinion….

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Reconcile that with games on the marketplace not selling at 2K off MSRP.

Easy: Great game but price was higher than most willing to pay…FYI: rankings don’t even take MSRP/value into account…

#2942 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not really sure what your problem is or why you seem to need to argue. I already said the game is beautiful. I also said art and looks are subjective. Do you know the definition of subjective? Look it up. I’m done discussing it with you. I’m happy for you and your subjective opinion.

And you completely missed the point….

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're right, there's not a category for that.
I guess because it really only matters when NIB, after that point the market drives the price up or down based on supply/demand.

That is why the CE’s will outperform LE’s in the long run…

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yeah... NOPE. The code for Alien is completed and has been for years.
\PB is only updating THEIR OWN side of the code, which runs their OS and respective hardware - which is very buggy - but these updates do nothing to the game modes or actual playability.
I spent way too much time on the Alien thread as I waited for my machine. Finally cancelled my order 1 month ago and I am happy I did.
I also joined this club today, I played this game non-stop for hours at a friends house. The game is fantastic. I also own most of the top 10 machines ever made. I like TS4 a lot!
The price was fine with me as I did not pay MSRP. I respect that, would not pay that for a game so hated but the truth is, if you think this game is bad, you know little about what makes pinball fun - yup, that was a little troll move on my behalf - Now, I go to bed I will dream of the people who can't own this game but made a poor review of it because they watched it on a stream.
Sleep well.

There are several unspoken positives in TS4 that even the haters cannot deny….playfield has zero issues…the shots are ultra smooth but still challenging—just not to the point of frustration, and no mechanical issues beyond minor easy adjustments….and of course the beauty (especially the ce) of the unit is second to none…just curious what you think of the TS4 depth vs your other pins…what gives this the “just one more game” factor since all we hear is how “easy” or “shallow” it is…

1 week later
#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Sorry I disagree.. lol. My Ferrari 458 spider is the best car I've ever owned.
[quoted image]

“Best”…now isn’t that a loaded term signifying nothing.…

3 months later
#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Played this today, its shitbox of a pin. Wow...

Opinions are like @-holes….eveybody’s got one…

2 months later
#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Finally had a chance to play this at location......
Not much in it. I was kind of schocked actually.
Place this next to a dialed in and most would bet dialed in cost the doubble.
On shots not much there either.
If i bought it, it wouldnt stay for more then a month.

That’s apparently the “cool” opinion to have so congrats on being “cool”…but talk to anyone with this game on location and virtually all will tell you this game is among the very top earners…often with a wait to play…as to “not much in it”, the jump ramp is extremely fun and its incorporation into the “Save Forky” challenge is among the most satisfying in pinball to complete….and unless you’re near pro level, that jump ramp will remain a fun challenge to attempt multiple consecutive shots…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg…

#3032 12 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

i´m a 57 years old senior consultant pulmonologist, i assure you, in my world nothing regarding pinball is considered cool.

If you like it, it´s great. I really loved hobbit and had it here for a long time, due to immersion and rules.
For me, there was nothing in it.(TS)
Would you really say compared to Woz, hobbit, pirates and gnr, that it didn´t lack effort?

If you honestly look at the playfield and see can’t anything, then anyone consulting you as a pulmonologist should be wary of your input….Panzer is correct…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.