20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#354 1 year ago

I'm a JJP fan, enjoy my WOZ ECLE and POTC LE. I skipped GNR as I am a fan of the original line up and not at all a fan of old Axl, that was a hard pass for me. I do think that it is a gorgeous game and so pleased that JJP sold so many.

I am also a Lawlor fan, having TAF/TZ/RS in my collection. I am also a fan of the Toy Story franchise, having brought my kids up through it but had no interest in TS4 and the woke direction that Disney is heading. Seeing the video and pics which have been leaked onTS4 - WTF?! A hard pass. This could have been so much more but if this really is Lawlor's last title then I think Dialed In, will be the better pin and this reveal might be second only to that one. That said, TS simply has a following which fortunately for JJP will likely sell itself but at these increased prices and some of the rehashed technology I don't think that it will do as well as it could have. I wish JJP and Lawlor the best on this run but my money is safe in my pocket for at least for now.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not seeing toys that are on the level of those in Godzilla premium / LE. Godzilla has a large moving building toy with a physical ball lock on top, a rotating ramp that shoots into another toy with a magnet on it, a collapsible bridge that the ball also passes through, and that vertical magnet mech that we haven't seen in a game before. I'm not seeing any big spectacle level type toys on Toy Story 4.

My money is on Eric Meunier's next title. He killed it with POTC engineering/machanically and did a beautiful job with GNR (just not my version of GNR) and has that reputation to live up to. That and there is more to come from the others. As with GNR, I do with JJP all the best on this production run but I'll wait it out once again.

#428 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Honestly based upon the response here on Pinside and in FB groups (most of which I fully agree with)….this may break JJP! I hope not as there are some good folks there, but still….this is not good!!! I would imagine they needed this to be a smash hit and it still may be, but all indications at this point are not good!!

I honestly hope that it doesn't break JJP as I am a big fan.

Although Dialed In made a comeback it took long and that reveal was a mess for both JJP and Lawlor. I fear that this might be the second for the two. Very unfortunate.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I seem to agree with the rest of you on here but man what a let down!! Who without you kids has even seen toy story 4! They definitely missed the boat on this one not going with the OG Toy Story. I was on the fence if it was going to be good OG fun but with this one no thank you.

It might have been like Wonka being the JD version and not the original.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

CE sold out in a blink.
JJP front runs it and Stern follows as the next line is crossed.
Unfortunately nothing new.

< -- ...this will continue until significant sales are lost. Time will tell if JJP has reached that point with this release but if not... -- >

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

12k + shipping, it’s getting very easy to move onto another hobby these days.

G R E E D.

#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

... Let’s go one further Jurassic Park a game with ZERO and I mean ZERO assets no art work from the movie, no clips instead you get this below average tonka truck looking CGI story and that game is wroth 20k. Don’t get me wrong I love Jurassic Park but the artwork is below average and it has ZERO assets but still now worth 20k.

Not to take away anything else from your post but I did want to chime in on the assets relating to Stern Pins. They might be the only pins that can rather easily be modified and modified such that it will completely change the game. Using JP specifically, I was 100% in based on pre-reveal speculation and then full-out following the gameplay videos and it was all due to what seemed to me like a Jurassic Park The Arcade Pinball. The audio/call-outs and visuals turned me off. Fast forward to what was eventually released by a small group of very talented folks and you have something that I would now buy if these were readily available.

Have a look and remember that this is over a year old already. This is gold for Stern pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=dnaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.