20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacklightprod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 1 year ago

Totally in personally think its going to be JJP biggest seller of all time.

3 weeks later
#902 1 year ago

When the hack happened all my pinball friends said HARD PASS - IM OUT - NO WAY - I HATE TOY STORY 4 - WHY COULDN'T THIS GAME BE TOY STORY... the negative just swelled by the second.

THEN something happened... better videos got released then they said well I'm softening. Then something unheard of happened JJP had over 300 Limited Editions machines picked up in person or shipped day one. We got one at our facility and about 20 people showed up and played the game.

Comments like my kids would love this... this game is so much fun. It flows like butter. OMG the Kaboom ramp is just glorious. They saw all the interesting shots, heard Tim Allen doing all the call outs, and bam WE WANT ONE! No we have to HAVE ONE NOW!

Moral here is why would you do a car review from seeing a video of the car, wouldn't you drive it first. Why are there so many critics based on a photo or a short video. Isn't pinball a game you play?

Play the game and your opinion will change VERY QUICKLY!

Totally in because this game is a masterpiece. Don't take my word for it just find a place that has the game and have some fun.

#918 1 year ago

Not every game is for every person that is something in pinball community people start accepting. A lot of people think every game should be made just for them, to their tastes and their likes. A lot of people would tell you the next 10 pinballs should be Megadeath, Judas Priest, etc. Jersey Jack has been pretty steady in their pinball choices such as Wizard of Oz, Wonka, Toy Story or even Pirates all family movies. The detour was Guns N Roses but honestly they did a fantastic job there as well. The theme appeals to a different crowd it really is that simple.

However I would promise you this play the game you'll love it. If Pinball is supposed to be fun this game embodies fun. As for the theme being Toy Story 4 opposed to Toy Story 1 or 2 play the game... it feels like its just Toy Story. Tim Allen does all the call outs, Tom Hanks brother is Woody it feels like a Toy Story adventure. Stern does Jurassic Park and it has NOTHING to do with the movies what so ever and people love it. Hmmm... so!

Just play the game and have some fun the game is really a lot of fun!

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Playing the game and having fun is not the issue.
PAYING for the game is the issue.

I don’t have to own every game I enjoy. But I have to love every game I own.

I don't disagree with you and as I said not every game is for everyone. A lot of old school pinball guys wanted Rush, but Rush honestly isn't a very popular band with only 4 million spotify listeners per month compared to say Queen at 30 million. Why no Queen? I dunno. But the people who wanted Rush wanted it very badly, and they're happy as a lark. Good for them. I can think of 50 bands/groups with 2 to 10 times more popularity than Rush I certainly didn't want to see a Rush pinball especially before say Nirvana. C'mon already. But Rush has their base and their base was on cloud nine. The rest of us Nirvana or Queen fans will have to wait I guess. Point being everyone has their tastes but Rush is still a really nice pinball game despite not really being a fan... I was like OH NO RUSH, but I got the game played it and liked it. Rush is no dream theme for me but its a really nice game all the same.

Toy Story might not be for you but at least PLAY TOY STORY and see what you think.

Quoted from Indusguys:

I have fun playing almost every pin, after all it is a game. However, when I spend $20,000 CAD on a game it has to meet certain criteria. TS4 does not excite me nearly as much as the past dozen pinball releases. But it should have, that’s all I’m saying.

I found these arguments foolish because we see people on this very site asking for $20,000 for their Jurassic Park LE. What is so much better about Jurassic Park LE than the Premium some powder coating??? We see people asking for 20k for Deadpool, some whacko wanted 25k for Tron, someone just put up a Batman 66 SLE for 60k... yeah I said that right 60K.

Obviously they didn't sell but right now people are asking a lot for their games. RIGHT NOW NEW GAMES cost LESS than USED GAMES... think about that. How can anyone complain about Toy Story at 12k considering people want $12k for Led Zep with a topper. HUH?

The price is high but its not out of line with what the secondarily market is asking for used games. I see someone wants 10k for a Stranger Things PRO... we're talking 2k difference for Toy Story which has a massive screen, powder coating, all the JJP typical bells and whistles.

I can agree I don't like where pinball is heading but look at prices for rent in New York 4k a month average right now, nearly 7 dollars for gas in California, everything is out of control right now including pinball.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Cause the Pinball Brother, that has the Queen license, can’t get the Alien run finished to make Queen.

Yes fully aware of the Queen demo game that is out there. No one has ever confirmed they have the Queen license but what I actually meant was why hasn't there ever been a Queen pinball before Rush? Rush to me never made sense its a niche band with a loyal following. Where is Queen? I could go down a list from Prince to Nirvana to Korn to Bee Gees... but whatever.

The overall point however was I'm not into Rush never understood why put the effort out on a game that probably won't sell but a couple thousand units when Nirvana could sell 10,000 units. But whatever I'm only saying it is what it is... I'm not going to be relentless and bash the actual game because I don't like the theme. Toy Story just isn't for everyone and its FINE! The next game from Stern is Venom is that for everyone I don't think so.

JJP has made games honestly that appealed to a different group of people, and they've done wonders to grow pinball. You can't tell me that ANYONE saw Wizard of Oz Pinball coming? HUH... coming from the days of Rock n Roll, Horror and Action movies WIZARD OF OZ a movie 75 years old? HUH!

But it worked! Toy Story is the new Wizard of Oz for a different generation it ushered in CGI animation. Toy Story has entire sections of Disney with lands, rides and merchandise.

When all is said and done JJP licensed one of Disney's biggest licenses and their most beloved. Toy Story in a way pushed Disney into a bigger company and launched Pixar. Disney had a LOT of control over what could be done in a Toy Story pinball. So you like it you buy it or you don't and you wait for the next game on deck which will be Venom.

The sky isn't falling on pinball... its falling with inflation across the country. Toy Story is a magical game for a certain kind of home!

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

My movie rank :
Long way down

I totally agree, however this game is more a Toy Story adventure. They use a lot of unique characters from Toy Story 4 but it just feels like Toy Story with Tim Allen doing all the call outs. But here is where you’re confusing me… people love Jurassic Park from Stern and it has ZERO assets including the artwork. Why do you love that game it could seriously just be a cartoon Dino game… oh wait you love playing it. Oh yeah I get it. Maybe you should try playing this one too.

Just a thought.

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just not the homes of most Toy Story fans

So much to unpack it’s crazy let me try my best. This might be the dumbest statement on all 21 pages. JJP has already sold 30 million dollars worth of these games. So what exactly are you talking about here? The people buying this game are the Toy Story fans along with people who love an amazing pinball. The people who’ve actually played it fall in love with it. This game is going into Toy Story fans homes make no mistake.

Quoted from jfh:

No. JJP either licensed just TS4 or managed to completely misunderstand that most beloved license

Clearly you do not understand how licensing works with Disney. For those who don’t know Disney does more license deals than every other company on planet earth COMBINED! You don’t walk into their office and tell them what you want they tell you what you get. Does ANYONE and i mean ANYONE think Jack actually walked into Disney and said we want to license TOY STORY 4??? So on Pirates they had four movies in the game but for Toy Story no lets just use the last one? LOL. Just for the record the Toy Story movie that made the most money was Toy Story 4. With that being said I was NOT a fan of Toy Story 4 my favorite was Toy Story 3. Either way what does that have to do with anything this is a TOY STORY GAME with TIM FREAKING ALLEN doing most of the call outs. It’s Toy Story end of STORY.

Quoted from Deez:

The reality of the situation is the game is too expensive at 12k. As an operator I cannot justify buying one because there just isn't an ROI that makes sense at that price point

Now you really lost me here…. So people on this very website have put Tron LE up for sale for 25k, Pirates CE for 40k, Godzilla LE 20k, Munsters a game everyone hated is now 18k. Stranger Things a game no one wanted and a year later you could still buy an LE for 10k for a distro well those are now 18k as well. Let’s go one further Jurassic Park a game with ZERO and I mean ZERO assets no art work from the movie, no clips instead you get this below average tonka truck looking CGI story and that game is wroth 20k. Don’t get me wrong I love Jurassic Park but the artwork is below average and it has ZERO assets but still now worth 20k.

We could go on and on… someone just put up a CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON for 12k what seriously? So this game has full assets, call outs from Tim Allen all kinds of magic under the glass, amazing artwork and its not worth 12k? OKay I seriously can’t take you serious.

Lastly, you talking about EARNINGS… one of the biggest earning pinball games of all time probably the #1 earning pinball from these modern day pins is GHOSTBUSTERS and family friendly comedy. I believe you put Toy Story on location kids who’ve NEVER played a pinball in their life will put money into this machine because it’s TOY STORY! Time will tell if I’m wrong but I think if people just play the game they will feel a lot different.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

that can rather easily be modified

Okay let me chime in here…

1). Why should I pay $11,099 for. Stern LE with ZERO assets only to trust someone else to re-edit the code for me to get clips??? The new JJP Toy Story has clips just fyi from the movies.

2). Secondly why doesn’t stern get WORSE for making Deadpool and Avengers based on the popularity of the movies only to cheapen out and do comic versions. How many games from Stern can we count which has zero assets… Jurassic Park has no assets either yet Toy Story has a ton and we’re blasting it.

3). I heard another complaint that TS4 has the same music playing over and over again… doesn’t Jurassic Park do the same thing and many other Sterns?

Here is the moral JJP licenses an IP they get to use that IP artwork from the movies unlike Jurassic - Avengers - Deadpool and we complain on JJP who got the assets.

Aerosmith doesn’t even have DREAM ON because Stern went cheap, JJP GNR has 20 plus songs.

I could go on for days but why all the hate for JJP who is clearly spending more to license and develop their games. Odd

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Soon....Bruce will eat your balls...

People make all this ridiculous claims they don’t like a game because lack of assets… well NO Steven Spielberg produced movie has ever had movie assets. So expect some kind of CGI based cartoon version of Jaws. Jurassic Park had zero assets and lets call a spade a spade the artwork is terrible. The game is fun but the artwork is bad and has ZERO assets.

Honestly its pointless arguing or debating Toy Story pros and cons with people who haven’t played the game. Maybe we should pick this conversation back up maybe a month. Once people play the game their opinions changes drastically.

If we can just admit however that Jurassic Park by Stern isn’t really Jurassic Park its merely a dinosaur themed game I’ll sleep better tonight. LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacklightprod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=blacklightprod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.