20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#525 1 year ago

Nobody loves Toy Story more than my Disney family, however, I just continue to see what's great about Pinball (toys, mechs & real physics) being replaced by less expensive lcd's, tablets & software for more profit. A bunch of 'Fluff'. I'm hopeful the trend doesn't continue, the previous JJP's like Wonka look amazing in comparison to this effort. Godzilla is great. It's 'Toy' Story for Christ's sake! Why bother?! Just get a new iPad & Pinball FX3 instead, save your soul. 15K for a new pin? Sorry but this isn't about 'family' either. Not sure how many of us have young kids? but mine is grown & college is more important these days. I guess JJP didn't get the memo about inflation, food & gas? I'm out!

#571 1 year ago

Progress? What we want vs. what we get these days. Nothing collectible anymore in the latter!

back-to-the-future-the-ride-vehicle (resized).pngback-to-the-future-the-ride-vehicle (resized).pngSimpsons (resized).jpgSimpsons (resized).jpgRudy (resized).jpgRudy (resized).jpgWoody (resized).JPGWoody (resized).JPG
#590 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mad Max, Beyond Thinderdome

Non pinballers have no idea what these machines cost. Friends think i paid 1500 for my METLE.
They wont sell to non pinballers for that reason.

Yes.. The comment by Pat makes no sense at all. Non pinballers, kids, they act like they are selling the game for $1500, not 15,000 + tax & shipping over 16,000 out the door. If a non-pinballer is buying a 16k pin for their kids? they probably should check themselves before they wreck themselves.

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

No sense in commenting on the game for me. As for JJP in general to me.....I am definitely the guy standing on the dock watching JJP slowly paddle away from me. It started with Dialed In which was a stretch for me. I think prices will continue to climb which is expected but the rate at which they have is insane. It would seem the end result for JJP would be finding themselves in some weird super small market at a time when people here no longer even talk about them (or at least not with any real frequency). And maybe that's a good thing.

For sure.. I'm trying to look on the bright side of this and care not to think that JJP's targeted demographic now is a super rich family with a spoiled kid who wants to bash Gabby Gabby's face in with a pinball? but it sure seems like it from the interviews, I don't know.

I do know we're not all resellers/flippers, a lot of us love pinball and are true hobbyists. I'd bet that a lot of us wanted to like this game and purchase it yesterday but quickly realized it was way overpriced. The new norm is we got a few minutes to decide whether to spend 10's of thousands of dollars? Screw that. What a dumb way to buy.

Maybe it's good that all of us are a bit wiser now and we won't just buy anyone's cockatoo.

#778 1 year ago

The poll above is really revealing.. People here are OUT 3-1. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

JJP keeps making Stern look like geniuses. I bet Rush sells more then TS4. I never thought that could be possible.

True. I'd give this post a 1,000x thumbs up if I could. I was pretty tough on Stern about some things with the Rush release, ie. no expression lighting on the Premium, etc. but never Jon's game design, love it. I feel that's petty now compared to what JJP just did, an across the board price increase, again.
I'd bet between the 3 Rush models, Stern will bring in quite the revenue with accessories like toppers & expression lighting when available to easily hold their own vs JJP with TS4 in it's entirety. Hope Stern solves the issues with goods & materials, more things back in stock would keep many of us happy. Maybe wise -not- to do a price increase and simply keep selling a ton of games after this JJP debacle.
Toy Story '4' is a strange marquee name for the game isn't it? Boy would that be pretty weird to have this in the game room instead of 'Toy Story' for that price! but what I find even more strange is no SE model. A supposed family, kids theme with no value model? Yet they released an SE model for GNR? An adult-themed rock pin with cartoon graphics on it? I bet a lot of families with young kids and even myself might've been in on an SE for the first time with this one but no way now at 12-15k. Many other great titles out there for less if willing to wait a little bit longer.

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm confused. Isn't coin-op even more price sensitive (than selling to collectors)? Isn't that why Stern still has a "Pro" model in the mix? I realize arcades have come back in many places, however I imagine JJP sells more games to collectors than arcades...

Yep, it's all very confusing. No SE model for this release basically makes the LE model a Pro so no way at 12k + and that's a lot of quarters/dollars for an operator to break even on. One might be able to sell the LE and not lose anything later on if they don't like it but I can't see how it would rise in value at 5-6,000 made when GNR LE still breaks even a year after release. I think the whole release was insensitive to the economic situation on JJP's part & just wreaks of greed to me but not in the funny Addam's family type of way!

#1093 1 year ago

GNR LE was 9.5k and GNR CE was 12.5k new, just something to think about. I'm sure TS'4' isn't bad game and I was a buyer at 10 but not 12 and certainly not 15, there is a limit. It really doesn't go any deeper than that for me and I'm not sure we'll see the usual turn around acceptance like always from some of the haters simply due to the price.

1 month later
#2376 1 year ago

I find it amazing what this thread has been evolving to. It’s kind of become about everything else besides TS4 because close to a thousand Pinsiders were out from the beginning and still out. I almost started a thread called ‘What games have you purchased instead since the release of TS4”? But just felt it might’ve been a little insensitive. What to do you think? Should I still start it? Not bashing the game but just believe as we know now that JJP swung for the fences with the price point and struck out regardless if the game is good or not and was crazy to price it more as a follow up to GNR. It might be interesting as it seems many picked up some good finds after realizing they didn’t want to spend $15k on this game.

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, I bought CCrLE that took the slot that was earmarked for TS. I would have made room for both if not for TS4. Then after the TS4 reveal I bought an AFMr (my first non-NIB game in 7 years) to make sure I’d never have room for TS4

Nice choice, can’t go wrong with those two! Congrats. Similarly I woke up on TS reveal day ready to pull the trigger and rubbed my eyes a couple times, grabbed my glasses, saw the price and said ah heck nah but not because of the game so much, but because of the attitude in the video of seemingly not caring about sales from the community, wanting new sales from outside, and claiming that a $15k machine would be great to introduce more kids to pinball? The next day I inquired about a Rush premium, found one and paid it in full. I then called the distributor I had my Godzilla premium on pre-order with since last year and it happened that there was a one off someone was not able to follow through on during the recent run! Paid that in full & it’s coming Tuesday.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

No downvotes, its just what u like. And having to wait sucks. Its a shame that you can snag TS4 now at less than you will probably pay in 3-6 months, but UM and HWN early adopters have been there as well. Even worse. Its also bad timing for JJP. They drop TS4 with a high price and try to meet these crazy expectations right when the economy is Fd up and Stern is catching up and have stock available. (GZ, DP, JP, Rush, Mando, etc.) Perfect storm for epic failure on a new release like this. If TS4 LE was 9k like CCr this would be a great conversation. We should have seen this price point coming considering what they did with GnR during that run and then the Wonka run at 11k. Can't bring out your new pin with the same price point as your previous 2, especially if you are still trying to sell the last two.

I was there with Ultraman. Just decided never again and committed to Stern. Feel I should’ve went with Godzilla from the beginning but sort a fell for getting behind a smaller company, campy vibe. After I put down the hefty down payment, the game wasn’t produced the entire last half of the year and very far into this one and it wasn’t refundable, meanwhile I could’ve been playing a Godzilla LE for most of that time. CGC seems alright and I’ve always liked JJP, have purchased games like WOZ, GNR, still have my Wonka CE but hoping if it’s some sort of restructured company now over there that they realize they made a mistake by thinking value, price point & Pinsider opinions don’t matter and can do some good things again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?tu=80sman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.