20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.
#1 1 year ago

So with the details coming any day now where does Pinside stand on a Toy Story pinball from JJP?
Are you to “Infinity and Beyond” excited and potentially breaking the bank to get one or passing?
Clearly a huge family title set to launch.
12C9BD5D-B9F8-49C3-85EE-97E1DC471BC5 (resized).jpeg12C9BD5D-B9F8-49C3-85EE-97E1DC471BC5 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

So with the details coming any day now where does Pinside stand on a Toy Story pinball from JJP? Are you to “Infinity and Beyond” excited and potentially breaking the bank to get one or passing on this one?
[quoted image]

A Poll would be great! We are out for now.. waiting to see the game first before we decide.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

A Poll would be great! We are out for now.. waiting to see the game first before we decide.

Poll added - thx!

#4 1 year ago

I have an offer of a trade.

Since no official announcement yet. No ideas on what the game is or looks like.

It remains to be seen if the deal comes together where we are both happy.

Time will tell.

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

In, I have and love Wonka and Dialed In. No plans of selling either one. Adding another PL designed game which grandkids adore the theme makes it an easy decision.

However, looking for a later build date. I’m in no rush.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We are waiting to see the game first before we decide.

I as going to make a joke about revoking your pin side card, but it is nice to hear a rational response instead of the usual FOMO of paying in full site unseen.

#7 1 year ago

My kids would love one! My older daughter had a Toy Story theme for her birthday when she was 4. They have all the toy story toys and we love Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios.
We are out regardless of how awesome it looks because of price. A new Stern pro is hard to justify at this point so JJP pins are out for sure. Looking forward to playing one on location and I hope Disney gets some out of the deal to put in the arcades at the resorts.

#8 1 year ago

I'm a maybe in about 6 months which should be enough time to see what hardware issues occur (playfield issues for example) and then are resolved in later runs. I love JJP pins, they are incredible, but nearly every release (besides Hobbit) has had a portion of early games affected by playfield issues. At these insane prices I'll gladly wait 6 months to get a game that has factory fixes installed out of the box.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

My kids would love one! My older daughter had a Toy Story theme for her birthday when she was 4. They have all the toy story toys and we love Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios.
We are out regardless of how awesome it looks because of price. A new Stern pro is hard to justify at this point so JJP pins are out for sure. Looking forward to playing one on location and I hope Disney gets some out of the deal to put in the arcades at the resorts.

Agree on price. JJP pins cost too much. Bought my boys a Hot Wheels Deluxe for $7k shipped. They love it. Great pin.

#10 1 year ago

Theme is a winner for my family but will only buy if it proves to be great playing world class game. Would never buy anything blind.

#11 1 year ago

Is it going to be 12k? Yes. Are the playfields going to disintegrate? Yes. Will JJP ignore customer support emails? Yes. Am I out? Yes

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Poll added - thx!

All good. Great thread!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I as going to make a joke about revoking your pin side card, but it is nice to hear a rational response instead of the usual FOMO of paying in full site unseen.

We will buy a NIB Stern site unseen any day of the week. We could sell any Stern we have right now easily for more than what we paid for it to fund and have a spot for a new game.

I love JJP and their games but we need to sell something to buy Toy Story. Game needs to be worth it, I want to see it first and then see if JJP are on top of their playfield issues. Putting a new game into the hair and nail salon for a blow dry and nail polish application is not a nice feeling.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is it going to be 12k? Yes. Are the playfields going to disintegrate? Yes. Will JJP ignore customer support emails? Yes. Am I out? Yes

So your not buying a CE?

#15 1 year ago

Pixar movie I'm out. Same if it was Cars etc. Doesn't make for a good theme. Too kiddy for me but families would appreciate it.

#16 1 year ago

Easy decision for me; Out.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Easy decision for me; Out.

I've never seen the movie, I guess I'm too old. There's no game JJP has impressed me with at all, I can't imagine this is going to be the one. Out

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I've never seen the movie, I guess I'm too old. There's no game JJP has impressed me with at all, I can't imagine this is going to be the one. Out

Well I'm not a theme whore, or a JJP whore so neither are instant buys. Lawlor has been hit or miss lately so I'm not diving in there head first either.
If its a good game ill look into buying but pre ordering? Not here

#19 1 year ago

I was born in the late 80s, and remember watching toy story as a kid. I like the theme for pinball and will be glad to play it on location, but no to dropping the cash on one for my basement.

#20 1 year ago

I'm not sure I can possibly be more out.

#21 1 year ago

I won’t buy a JJP for my collection unless they start taking care of their customers that have issues.

#22 1 year ago
giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

So with the details coming any day now where does Pinside stand on a Toy Story pinball from JJP?
Are you to “Infinity and Beyond” excited and potentially breaking the bank to get one or passing?
[quoted image]

Not a 100% sure why you started this thread but it sure went to a bash JJP thread pretty fucking quick!All the usual suspects are swarming to convince anybody that might like the theme or JJP games that they should stop getting pumped for this new game.Pinside is as predictable as usual and of course I'm a fanboy so don't bother.

#24 1 year ago

Way to many unanswered questions.
1.) I need JJP to actually confirm the theme.
2.) I need to see the playfield layout.
3.) Are we’re getting real Tom hanks, Tim Allen character call outs?
4.) Reasonable price?
5.) What other characters got licensed from Hasbro? Slink-dog, Mr Mrs Potato Head?

As it stands today, I am out but a solid reveal and price could sway me.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

Way to many unanswered questions.
1.) I need JJP to actually confirm the theme.
2.) I need to see the playfield layout.
3.) Are we’re getting real Tom hanks, Tim Allen character call outs?
4.) Reasonable price?
5.) What other characters got licensed from Hasbro? Slink-dog, Mr Mrs Potato Head?
As it stands today, I am out but a solid reveal and price could sway me.

4.) Reasonable price?

Stern and JJP

2539433-2642583531-24674.gif2539433-2642583531-24674.gif

#26 1 year ago

It would be a yes if I had room. Predicting it’s going to sell like hot cakes. Will be game of the year.

#27 1 year ago

Toy Story came out when I was in the third grade. I have watched all of the Toy Story movies with my kids. I have taken my kids to Disney World to Toy Story land. Pat Lawlor is a top 3 pinball designer to me. The theme doesn't seem like it would be an amazing pinball theme to me. This is not a day 1 instabuy for me.

HOWEVER

When the first one of these drops on location in the MD/DC area, I'll be making a trip to chop it full of quarters and support the business it drops in with overpriced food and beverage. This seems like a killer location game to me. I could see rotating one through my basement second hand when prices inevitably drop on them second hand (G&R is getting tempting now).

I hope you guys into the theme really enjoy it.

#28 1 year ago

I never thought I wanted GNR , until I saw it and played it .
So I wouldn't rule anything out .
But I'm more of a Steve Ritchie fan than a Pat Lawlor guy
Personally , I wouldn't be worried about any issues , because I've had unbelievably good support from my distributor , not that I've needed any for my GNR .
Hopefully they got all the assets .

#29 1 year ago

They would have to really screw this up for me not to buy this, kinda like Star Wars was imo. I’ve been waiting years for this one. It needs to be magical. Star Wars wasn’t although it’s still fun. It hopefully has the assets, but I’ll see how it’s coded. I have very little concerns about quality issues, but I probably will wait for a little while instead of being a day one Guinea pig. My gnr has zero issues after a year and same with my other jjp games. Toy story and Star Wars are probably my top 2 themes, so yeah, I’m getting this unless it really disappoints.

#30 1 year ago

I am instant CE buy. It’s a dream theme.

#31 1 year ago

Customer service....
Dealing with the playfield issue's....
Jack saying: It's the owners fault....

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#32 1 year ago

Interested, but will wait and see after full info available and actual games get delivered and played. No FOMO here.

"May-be" ?

#33 1 year ago

We are a household of two adults.

This theme does nothing to interest us, but if it's a fun pinball machine then maybe we'll get one down the line to try out.

#34 1 year ago

Has anybody thought about the effect of no SE models and operators having to fork out 12k or more to put the game on location? Maybe some operators could chime in.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anybody thought about the effect of no SE models and operators having to fork out 12k to put the game on location? Maybe some operators could chime in.

Seems minimal.

I don't remember ever seeing an SE JJP on location.

"SE" buyers are already buying cheaper Stern pros, so not sure why they'd want to get one; Stern Pros fill that "pro" niche far better for this type of operator. Enthusiasts who run a barcade/arcade know better than to buy an SE that nobody is gonna get excited about or want to buy if the location decides to sell.

I can't imagine they are selling very many SEs of anything. Just doesn't seem to fit the purpose of why JJP exists in the first place nor their marketing or business plan.

#36 1 year ago

Out no matter the theme due to the playfield quality

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Instead of emails, please use tickets instead.
Emails very often go to spam and junk folders or never make it to us.
Tickets stay in the queue until they are resolved.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

I'm not saying that in the past emails were ignored or not, but I can tell you that emails and tickets are absolutely NOT ignored now. I treat each issue as if it were someone I knew or my own machine. In fact, I try to answer every new ticket before lunch time.

#38 1 year ago

Maybe when JJP becomes solvent and can properly handle customer service issues, but as of today, no shot.

#39 1 year ago

I love animation.
Toy Story is one of the greatest trilogies ever (I’m ignoring 4 lol).

I’m out. Too many things about JJP rub me the wrong way. Issues aside, I have enough crazy fun crazy deep new games to entertain me. I don’t need it.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love animation.
Toy Story is one of the greatest trilogies ever (I’m ignoring 4 lol).
I’m out. Too many things about JJP rub me the wrong way. Issues aside, I have enough crazy fun crazy deep new games to entertain me. I don’t need it.

When you see this you will be wanting it for sure!!

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

Are we’re getting real Tom hanks

Saw Tom Hanks on a late night talk show talking about his brother doing all his voice over work. His work is spot on. The examples were perfect. Cool way to keep it in the family.

#42 1 year ago

I've owned 2 JJP's and didn't love either. GNRLE is leaving the house today after ~6 months...gorgeous, but awful rules/scoring. DILE was a lot more fun than GNR, but still didn't fire on all cylinders (owned a couple years IIRC).

Nevertheless, I helped Pixar with software development tools back when they were developing Toy Story, so the company and movies are special to me. Use to go to all the Pixar Premieres, where they would hand out these cool posters.

So, if I can obtain one, it's likely I will. I just hope it shoots well and plays great. Seems like they've been working on it forever, so it could be something special.

IMG_0202 (resized).jpegIMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

There's no game JJP has impressed me with at all

JJP makes some of the most impressive games in the industry. You may not like them but to say they have not impressed you means your just not a fan of pinball. You can say many things about Jack and his company but to say his games have not impressed you....come on man.

Im out due to the fact im always out untill I see it. And with all the problems with JJP games I would have to wait even longer to see how they are holding up. Getting in early and saving a few bucks is not worth it, for me. Everyone jumping on prior I wish you nothing but the best and hope its noting short of a great pin with build quality/service behind it.

#44 1 year ago

Decision when I see it.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

JJP makes some of the most impressive games in the industry.

Have you ever actually owned one? I see you own R&M...it's 10x more fun that any JJP! No doubt JJP's games are often GORGEOUS...the problem is all the assets rarely come together to produce a fabulous game. Stern's/Elwin's JJP is a great example of a game that fires on all cylinders. Not nearly as much eye candy as GNR, but so much more fun.

#46 1 year ago

In for a CE.

I choose to believe...

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you ever actually owned one?

I have owned/played them all. So your telling me when you first layed eyes on GNR CE you were not impressed with the pin? And you sold a GNR to purchase a CE? I dont judge collectors on the profile current and past owned bc I myself do not keep mine updated at all.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I have owned/played them all. So your telling me when you first layed eyes on GNR CE you were not impressed with the pin? And you sold a GNR to purchase a CE? I dont judge collectors on the profile current and past owned bc I myself do not keep mine updated at all.

I've never owned a CE, so I have no idea what you are talking about. From a gameplay perspective, the LE and CE are almost identical. IIRC, the CE has some extra lights.

I guess we just like different style games! And I'm well aware people have out-of-date profiles...that's why I asked if you ever owned one!

Lastly, I do agree JJP games are impressive. No argument. My problem is with how they shoot and how they play. For example, even though they use B/W flipper mechs, their flippers feel nothing like B/W flippers. Must be a software issue, since that's what's different...who knows.

#49 1 year ago

Every JJP is in the top 50? Noting to see here...noting impresive....move along hahahaha

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Every JJP is in the top 50? Noting to see here...noting impresive....move along hahahaha

PS im not a JJP fan nor do I currently own any JJP games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
10,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Coast, FL
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.