20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 61.
#401 1 year ago

Ah man two threads I have to read?

#402 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nope just skip it all together

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know it was prob a licensing issue, but I imagined a moving/talking Potatohead on the playfield, insulting you as you play. Could have been the “Rudy” of this game.

In TS4 Disney/Pixar created/owns essentially all the characters, that's probably a lot of it.

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

In TS4 Disney/Pixar created/owns essentially all the characters, that's probably a lot of it.

Potatohead was in TS4. They still could have made the game based on elements of the entire series and left out Potato.

#405 1 year ago

This is such a disaster to me. I was so inspired by what Pixar did with Toy Story that I pursued computer animation as my degree. Watched my kids grow up and love all of the Pixar films.

Just the fact that it's TS4 destroyed the theme for me. I can't believe this pin is based upon this film.

I am out and won't regret this decision at all. I don't even know the names of the characters that are being highly focused on the game and I just don't care...nor would anyone in my family.

#406 1 year ago

This is very disappointing. it's all toy story 4 based? I'm hoping now they leaked a feak video at this point.

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

This is such a disaster to me. I was so inspired by what Pixar did with Toy Story that I pursued computer animation as my degree. Watched my kids grow up and love all of the Pixar films.
Just the fact that it's TS4 destroyed the theme for me. I can't believe this pin is based upon this film.
I am out and won't regret this decision at all. I don't even know the names of the characters that are being highly focused on the game and I just don't care...nor would anyone in my family.

agreed, total fail.

#408 1 year ago

I know pinside is not the sole focus of this pinball companies, blah, blah, blah.... but would be interested to know if JJP does any market research for their games?

How do you sell a 3 year old IP as a fresh idea? If people see TS4 in an arcade they won't even know it's a new game. Odd...

#409 1 year ago

This launch:

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

This is very disappointing. it's all toy story 4 based? I'm hoping now they leaked a feak video at this point.

I wasn't just a video. The entire web page for it was up for several hours.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#411 1 year ago
fpp,small,lustre,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u1 (resized).jpgfpp,small,lustre,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u1 (resized).jpg
#412 1 year ago

How could jjp be so dumb?

#413 1 year ago

Totally glad I'm out.. My kids go.. That game is for babies.

#414 1 year ago

Out game looks underwhelming play field quality will probably be horrible again as well.

#415 1 year ago

Swing and a miss!!!

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:Opinions [quoted image]

Hah whata joke. This is worse than i could have imagined.

#417 1 year ago

My grandson is 2 and loves Toy Story thank God he not playing pinball yet. Saved me some money.

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimumsam:

It should be half the price of Willy Wonka

It should be scrapped and start over. What a disaster.

How many INs, are now Outs?

#419 1 year ago

I think Im still IN. I think my family would like it especially my daughter.

#420 1 year ago

Honestly based upon the response here on Pinside and in FB groups (most of which I fully agree with)….this may break JJP! I hope not as there are some good folks there, but still….this is not good!!! I would imagine they needed this to be a smash hit and it still may be, but all indications at this point are not good!!

#421 1 year ago

Looks like I'll be sticking with a loaded virtual pinball machine as my next "pin" purchase, wanted to see how this turned out first before proceeding. There's a huge tablet in Toy Story 4, figure I might as well just get a full screen at that point.

#422 1 year ago

12k LE and 15K CE!

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

12k LE and 15K CE!

yeah I think they need to lower the prices. 8 k for LE and 11 K for CE

#424 1 year ago

I will wait on this for now till I play one. I struggle as I'm sure they did, with choosing to go ahead with TS4. Maybe having Toy Story period sells enough for them. It's clearly the one not many care about I'd have tried a different license or at least not have 4 literally showing on the pin. Even if all the assets lean to 4 just minimize it best you can.

#425 1 year ago

So whats the next JJP that we need to wait 3 years to hear about?

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Three threads. And the day is young.

#427 1 year ago

Next up for JJP....Godfather 3

#428 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Honestly based upon the response here on Pinside and in FB groups (most of which I fully agree with)….this may break JJP! I hope not as there are some good folks there, but still….this is not good!!! I would imagine they needed this to be a smash hit and it still may be, but all indications at this point are not good!!

I honestly hope that it doesn't break JJP as I am a big fan.

Although Dialed In made a comeback it took long and that reveal was a mess for both JJP and Lawlor. I fear that this might be the second for the two. Very unfortunate.

#429 1 year ago

I seem to agree with the rest of you on here but man what a let down!! Who without you kids has even seen toy story 4! They definitely missed the boat on this one not going with the OG Toy Story. I was on the fence if it was going to be good OG fun but with this one no thank you.

#430 1 year ago

I think this is how the reveal will go down for many of us.....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#432 1 year ago

They had so much to work with that IP. I dont know why they decided to take everything from the 4th movie. I hope it does well for them. For me I will have to pass. They dropped the ball.

#433 1 year ago

yes, I know it's Lawlor... I made 3 of these trying to get the size right and rushed the revision save. My bad.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I seem to agree with the rest of you on here but man what a let down!! Who without you kids has even seen toy story 4! They definitely missed the boat on this one not going with the OG Toy Story. I was on the fence if it was going to be good OG fun but with this one no thank you.

It might have been like Wonka being the JD version and not the original.

#435 1 year ago

Now that I've seen it, out. TS4??? Ugh. So much potential wasted.

And of course, that is just my opinion. I reserve the right to change my mind if after playing it I'm amazed... but I'm not too worried about that.

#436 1 year ago

wow. Lame is an understatement. It has absolutely no code related to the movie other than the characters, the modes are 'fair games'...

This game will be the biggest flop in pinball, time for the new blood to take over. JJP they make nice looking games but that is it, they play like bag a turds and this will be no exceptions.

#437 1 year ago

Couple observations from the video: It's a kid playing. Airballs on purpose? With these "quality" playfields?

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Airballs on purpose?

I think there is a jump ramp that launches the ball

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I cant wait til the 100s of threads come out of that stupid ramp destroying all the Mirco playfields

Quoted from Bendit:

Couple observations from the video: It's a kid playing. Airballs on purpose? With these "quality" playfields?

Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think there is a jump ramp that launches the ball

Thats what im saying, these playfields will be a wreck in 100 plays, cant wait!!!

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This game will be the biggest flop in pinball

This is the greatest hyperbole EVER!!!

#441 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Thats what im saying, these playfields will be a wreck in 100 plays, cant wait!!!

yep, users fault

#442 1 year ago

JJP will just blame the operators for allowing little kids to play the games on route.

"Heres some washers and complementary mylar..."

#444 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yes that was my thought as well.

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is the greatest hyperbole EVER!!!

we will see, my money is safe... lol

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

JJP will just blame the operators for allowing little kids to play the games on route.
"Heres some washers and complementary mylar..."

Sadly yes, we all know Mirco didn't do shit to fix their PF issues. If 12k and 15k are the prices then this game is a good buy, yes indeed goodbye!!!

#447 1 year ago

Just watched the official video... There's some good stuff in there, do we know who did the sound? They really miss David Thiel, Wonka sounded horrendous, I hope this also doesn't sound like a slot.

What's up with the stuck on figures, they look cheap and nasty. Wish there was a cool mech or something, I can't see any innovation at all.

Edit: the virtual pin idea sucks

#448 1 year ago

I put this in the other thread, but seems like it may be fitting here as well.

8075B4A8-8B62-4F3A-B76A-BB7657FA0549.gif8075B4A8-8B62-4F3A-B76A-BB7657FA0549.gif
#449 1 year ago

The Jump ramp goes to a HUGE catch in the back. and then feeds the right flipper I think. They f*cked the theme up, but I think the kids will still like it. I am bummed but will keep my CE. Would love to hear the callouts

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I hope this also doesn't sound like a slot.

Based on the video the game certainly has a redemption/slot aspect to it and that is not immediately appealing to me.
Interested to hear more soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/9?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.