20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 61.
#351 1 year ago

Game does look fun, and if you want fun in your life, then go for it. But don't buy for investment, this will not hold it's value very well. That '4' in the title kills it.

#352 1 year ago

nm

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Curious to see how this changes in the next few days.
[quoted image]

I am as well now that JJP reveal day is here!

#354 1 year ago

I'm a JJP fan, enjoy my WOZ ECLE and POTC LE. I skipped GNR as I am a fan of the original line up and not at all a fan of old Axl, that was a hard pass for me. I do think that it is a gorgeous game and so pleased that JJP sold so many.

I am also a Lawlor fan, having TAF/TZ/RS in my collection. I am also a fan of the Toy Story franchise, having brought my kids up through it but had no interest in TS4 and the woke direction that Disney is heading. Seeing the video and pics which have been leaked onTS4 - WTF?! A hard pass. This could have been so much more but if this really is Lawlor's last title then I think Dialed In, will be the better pin and this reveal might be second only to that one. That said, TS simply has a following which fortunately for JJP will likely sell itself but at these increased prices and some of the rehashed technology I don't think that it will do as well as it could have. I wish JJP and Lawlor the best on this run but my money is safe in my pocket for at least for now.

#355 1 year ago

I don’t understand the complaining in this thread. Isn’t the game yet to be released/unveiled? What is everyone basing these (fairly expensive) decisions on?

#356 1 year ago

I went from In to Out. The only possible way that this epic theme could have been screwed up is if it was based on TS4. And here we are.

I'm just really disappointed.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t understand the complaining in this thread. Isn’t the game yet to be released/unveiled? What is everyone basing these (fairly expensive) decisions on?

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/toy-story-4-pinball-game/?mode=login

#358 1 year ago

Video posted here on FB, not sure if it was already posted.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.costalos/videos/1066474817621534

#359 1 year ago

“Video is private”. I assume they are waiting to unveil it. Aah, I saw the FB video. Looks pretty good, comparable to Wonka

#360 1 year ago

Where are the vids and pics? Everybldy is talking about it and I cant find any

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

“Video is private”. I assume they are waiting to unveil it. Aah, I saw the FB video. Looks pretty good, comparable to Wonka

Ahh shit you're right. The group is a private group. I'll leave the link listed incase anyone here is a member as well.

#362 1 year ago

Who wants too make a bet. I guarentee this game doesn't sell out day 1 as everyone is absolutely devastated in this title and direction choice at these prices.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Where are the vids and pics? Everybldy is talking about it and I cant find any

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/toy-story-4-pinball-game/?mode=login

#364 1 year ago

I'm out. Toy Story FOUR? Why???? Nothing in the game looks particularly exciting either. Wow a giant LCD screen under a giant LCD screen that I get to play virtual pinball on.

I was very hyped about Toy Story the pin, but the reveal has really knocked the wind out of my sails

#365 1 year ago

I was 100% in almost blind - to out maybe Ill consider it down the road if the price drops. Man what a disappointment

#366 1 year ago

I’d be curious how this thread’s poll changes (or has changed already) today.

#367 1 year ago

I know you guys are disappointed but this title will be a boom for JJP. Time to realize pinside isn't their target market. My guess is they're going to slap a ticket dispenser on this thing and the orders will flood in from every FEC and Dave and busters across the country.

Toy story is a huge license and JJP games have the bling to stand out next to the other redemption games on the market.

Probably going to be one of their best sellers.

#368 1 year ago

I seriously don’t understand the disappointment. There look to be troll pop-ups, a playfield mini-display, some great metal ramps, the Whirlwind spinner, plenty of good shots. I think there’s a cross-playfield upper flipper shot. This game has more mechs even than Godzilla, almost as much as Weird Al. What am I missing?

#369 1 year ago

Watched the video. The topper > the pin

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I know you guys are disappointed but this title will be a boom for JJP. Time to realize pinside isn't their target market. My guess is they're going to slap a ticket dispenser on this thing and the orders will flood in from every FEC and Dave and busters across the country.
Toy story is a huge license and JJP games have the bling to stand out next to the other redemption games on the market.

So JJP's target market is now Dave and Busters? That is interesting.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

My guess is they're going to slap a ticket dispenser on this thing and the orders will flood in from every FEC and Dave and busters across the country.

Problem with that is Dave and Busters and FEC's havent bought pins in a VERY long time.

#373 1 year ago

Appreciate it but it didn’t work.

Is fb the only source? Taken down maybe?

It has been taken down.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I was 100% in almost blind - to out maybe Ill consider it down the road if the price drops. Man what a disappointment

This!

#375 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#376 1 year ago

OMG, it’s TS4 specifically?!?! This is the biggest whiff & botch of a license I’ve ever seen.

TS 1 & 2 are incredible & 3 is a solid cap to a trilogy. 4 was a cash grab & kinda sucks. If they just called it “Toy Story” and had some stuff from 4, cool - but actually CALLING IT “TOY STORY 4”?!?! OMG…I would love to know how/why this happened.

Anyway - easy hard pass for me. I love TS as a whole, but I hate TS4 as an individual movie.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I seriously don’t understand the disappointment. There look to be troll pop-ups, a playfield mini-display, some great metal ramps, the Whirlwind spinner, plenty of good shots. I think there’s a cross-playfield upper flipper shot. This game has more mechs even than Godzilla, almost as much as Weird Al. What am I missing?

I'm not seeing toys that are on the level of those in Godzilla premium / LE. Godzilla has a large moving building toy with a physical ball lock on top, a rotating ramp that shoots into another toy with a magnet on it, a collapsible bridge that the ball also passes through, and that vertical magnet mech that we haven't seen in a game before. I'm not seeing any big spectacle level type toys on Toy Story 4.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think this is true, there is a much bigger market outside the few elite Pinside users that want a fully packed CE with mods.
I'm not in for one, but that I decided before it was announced already.

#379 1 year ago

Toy Story CE $15,000.00 = CHOGGARD EDITION!

JUST SAY NO!

#380 1 year ago

The TS4 movie came out 3 years ago... If this game was released then I think it might have stood a chance.

Looking at the pictures, it's a standard body game right? This was a good move IMO.

#381 1 year ago

Can someone please post the link to a video that works.
Thanks
Karen

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Problem with that is Dave and Busters and FEC's havent bought pins in a VERY long time.

Time for a change. Exactly why I think it's a good move. It's not a pin it's a redemption game.

#383 1 year ago

I wish I liked JJP machines more but I just don't. Maybe if they were priced competitively against a modern stern but I don't think you are getting thousands of dollars more worth of pinball with their machines. that being said if I saw this pin in the wild id give it its fair shake... but good god $15,000 for CE??? its a no from me dawg.

#384 1 year ago

I never saw Toy Story 4...I look forward to trying it on location.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not seeing toys that are on the level of those in Godzilla premium / LE. Godzilla has a large moving building toy with a physical ball lock on top, a rotating ramp that shoots into another toy with a magnet on it, a collapsible bridge that the ball also passes through, and that vertical magnet mech that we haven't seen in a game before. I'm not seeing any big spectacle level type toys on Toy Story 4.

My money is on Eric Meunier's next title. He killed it with POTC engineering/machanically and did a beautiful job with GNR (just not my version of GNR) and has that reputation to live up to. That and there is more to come from the others. As with GNR, I do with JJP all the best on this production run but I'll wait it out once again.

#387 1 year ago

Pass

#389 1 year ago

They will struggle to get the sort of numbers in sales that GnR did. No way they sell 1000CE or 5000LE

#390 1 year ago

Thank you for posting the vid.

Wow. Not the usual JJP, it does look like it is their fastest game.

It can be fun to shoot, I think it will but it is certainly not worth the price tag they are pushing.

Looks like a loaded premium stern at best and I dont care about the huge ass screen I barely see when I play.

Easy pass to own but will own when the prices come down in the secondary market.

#391 1 year ago

when the prices come down in the secondary market.

That happens?

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG, it’s TS4 specifically?!?! This is the biggest whiff & botch of a license I’ve ever seen.
TS 1 & 2 are incredible & 3 is a solid cap to a trilogy. 4 was a cash grab & kinda sucks. If they just called it “Toy Story” and had some stuff from 4, cool - but actually CALLING IT “TOY STORY 4”?!?! OMG…I would love to know how/why this happened.
Anyway - easy hard pass for me. I love TS as a whole, but I hate TS4 as an individual movie.

Yes, I was even hoping just for TS pin like JP kinda with the characters all having new made up adventures. I’ve not even seen TS4 but have watched 1 and 2 a lot.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

That happens?

This product isnt marketed for the pinsiders nor collectors. It will not sell as much.

Jjp is thinking people will drop 12k to own when they see it at Disney?

It will not happen.

I see the video and see a dad with a teen daughter walking up to the game. Is this how they fantasize the game sells?

I dont think that is how a game sells here…

Also a theme for kids, marketed for kids (as per the vid) I am sorry but after my kid lost the first 2 balls he moved on to something else specially if at a theme park.
Sooo, kids wont want to play this game.

Do we?

#394 1 year ago

Kind of looks like Wonka, but it’ll be in the arcades so no need to order before I play it. Also 1k CE sound like a lot.

#395 1 year ago

Well the good news is that everyone that wants a CE will likely be able to get one.

#396 1 year ago

I cant wait til the 100s of threads come out of that stupid ramp destroying all the Mirco playfields

#397 1 year ago

Its simple, Toy Story 1 2 3 all classics with classic characters. Of all the movies, 4 was the worst. Why would they pick to base this on 4! No, I'm out.

#399 1 year ago

Its such a shame. It could have been so good.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

Its simple, Toy Story 1 2 3 all classics with classic characters. Of all the movies, 4 was the worst. Why would they pick to base this on 4! No, I'm out.

I know it was prob a licensing issue, but I imagined a moving/talking Potatohead on the playfield, insulting you as you play. Could have been the “Rudy” of this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 35.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/8?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.