20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 61.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Theme is way to kiddy for me. I don't have kids. Pass.

By a guy with X-men in his collection.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

My family has been waiting for Toy Story for years (youngest is 31 for reference). The possibilities are endless and as a big Pat Lawlor fan I’m hoping he knocks it out if the park with great Pixar audio and video assets and an (what I hope is obvious) claw machine. I (think) I’m on multiple CE lists but I’ll have to pass early/

Sounds like you’re pretty enamored with the theme and designer. Why not pick one up early? Enjoy it for a while and sell it if its not your cup of tea. Doubt you’d lose that much $$. I agree that the playfield issues are terrible (speaking from experience on Wonka LE) but that wouldn’t stop me. If the reason to skip the purchase was financial, or worry for resale value, then I’d understand. Dream themes don’t come along all that often. (Note: TS is not a dream theme for me and I’ll need to check this one out thoroughly before considering it). Best of luck with your decision!

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Sounds like you’re pretty enamored with the theme and designer. Why not pick one up early? Enjoy it for a while and sell it if its not your cup of tea. Doubt you’d lose that much $$. I agree that the playfield issues are terrible (speaking from experience on Wonka LE) but that wouldn’t stop me. If the reason to skip the purchase was financial, or worry for resale value, then I’d understand. Dream themes don’t come along all that often. (Note: TS is not a dream theme for me and I’ll need to check this one out thoroughly before considering it). Best of luck with your decision!

At this point with my collection if I bring in a new game I expect it to stay a long time. Cactus Canyon Remake will already be taking the spot originally held for Toy Story. I agree with you that if I were to buy/sell in a short time it would probably be close to a wash so that’s not an issue but, with a new game already coming, I do question whether spending $10k+ now is a good idea. I’ll have to wait and see what the CE looks like (and if I could actually get one), but an LE will probably be fine and they should be available for a couple years.

But it comes back to the risk of a poor playfield. No matter how much we like the game theme/designer, a poor playfield and questionable support are game changers.

#254 1 year ago

All these people keep bringing up lack of support?I’ve always found Steve and crew very responsive to any issues that have come up over time.I’m not talking about any playfield pooling and I’m not minimizing that situation.But the JJP support team does a good job!

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

All these people keep bringing up lack of support? I’ve always found Steve and crew very responsive to any issues that have come up over time. I’m not talking about any playfield pooling and I’m not minimizing that situation. But the JJP support team does a good job!

Thank you for the kind words.

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Right on brother

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

All these people keep bringing up lack of support?I’ve always found Steve and crew very responsive to any issues that have come up over time.I’m not talking about any playfield pooling and I’m not minimizing that situation.But the JJP support team does a good job!

I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear. I’m reasonably comfortable with what I’ve heard about JJP support regarding anything other than playfield issues so general support is not a significant concern for me

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Agree, I have never had an issue getting things with JJP resolved. So not sure the people who do have issues aren't submitting a ticket like JJP advises or what. Think folks have to keep in mind as well, even if you submit a ticket things will get lost!

PF still are an issue but that's another thread!

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear. I’m reasonably comfortable with what I’ve heard about JJP support regarding anything other than playfield issues so general support is not a significant concern for me

JJP is generally very good with anything other than play field issues.

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

CE should not be over $13500

It will sell out at $15k. Why charge less?

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It will sell out at $15k. Why charge less?

Agree but what if they up the number to 1000 CE? At 15k and 1k units it may still sell out but may take longer. Also, with JJP production history how many people want to pay 15k and wait 6 months to receive a machine?

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree but what if they up the number to 1000 CE?

At that point CE becomes the new LE and you'd need another acronym with lower production and even more bling to make rich collectors feel special. Just keep moving the target up until you bleed 'em dry. Stern figured it out with EHOH anniversary or whatever it's called.

#263 1 year ago

Out. I like the Toy Story franchise, but I don't love it. Toy Story seems too young for JJP's target demographic.

I heard Jaws a long time ago. That seems to be more of a good fit. Or steal Dutch Pinball's thunder and theme up a cult comedy classic. Office Space, Caddyshack, Shaun of the Dead, etc.

#264 1 year ago

So any idea when an announcement will be made? Before or after Sterns August announcement?

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So any idea when an announcement will be made? Before or after Sterns August announcement?

How about Jack and Gary go out to dinner and agree on a drop date?
Frankly, it would be in each other's best interests to do so given neither company won't be able to build either title quickly enough.
Plus, this idea is best for my pocket book.

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How about Jack and Gary go out to dinner and agree on a drop date?

An oldie but a goodie.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I didn't do the original.

167607 (resized).jpg167607 (resized).jpg
#267 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

An oldie but a goodie.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : I didn't do the original.
[quoted image]

A little ditty about Jack and Gary
Two American kids growin' up in the heartland

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I recently replaced my GNRLE with RUSHLE. Can't stop playing Rush...had to force myself to play GNR.

I did the same thing, im out!

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

“I’m not talking about playfield pooling”

Exactly, lol

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I did the same thing, im out!

Broken record!blah blah blah
GnR>>>>Rush

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

GnR>>>>Rush

Take a look at sterns production since JJP was formed, and even with a so called billionaire investor they still cant produce more than a game every two years. To each their own, but taking a no warranty stance on playfields and cabinets, plus lack of parts support for games from before the investors took over was a terrible corporate decision. The polls dont lie! I may be a broken record, but it’s obvious theres more than just me.

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Take a look at sterns production since JJP was formed, and even with a so called billionaire investor they still cant produce more than a game every two years. To each their own, but taking a no warranty stance on playfields and cabinets, plus lack of parts support for games from before the investors took over was a terrible corporate decision. The polls dont lie! I may be a broken record, but it’s obvious theres more than just me.

Ok

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

they still cant produce more than a game every two years.

This year jjp will announce two titles they told me

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

GnR>>>>Rush

Stern roadshow downvotes.I can always count on you guys

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

This year jjp will announce two titles they told me

I didnt know that, i think it comes down to playfields, I believe if the next title still has manufacturing issues its going to be hard for them to survive.

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

if the next title still has manufacturing issues its going to be hard for them to survive.

Fool me once, shame on, on you... Fool me twice- ya can’t get fooled again!

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I've owned all the JJP games. The "No Warranty" stance on play fields was the last straw for me. Drawing that line in the sand might work in this supply constrained market, but it won't in the long run. Especially at the premium prices JJP charges.

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Take a look at sterns production since JJP was formed, and even with a so called billionaire investor they still cant produce more than a game every two years.

Stern has way more employees and jjp puts more into their games , so of course it's gonna take them longer . ID rather see them take their time , than rush games out with less in them .

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Stern has way more employees and jjp puts more into their games , so of course it's gonna take them longer . ID rather see them take their time , than rush games out with less in them .

That used to be the case....Seems to me Godzilla has way more mechs and toys than the last few JJP games

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That used to be the case....Seems to me Godzilla has way more mechs and toys than the last few JJP games

It seems like their giving Elwin more freedom and a larger BOM?

#281 1 year ago

they also raised their prices signicantly - that would also allow for a larger BOM.

#282 1 year ago

Does buying a CE and flipping it day one count as "in" or "out"?

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Fully agree - Steve has always been super quick and helpful with any questions or issues I had with GNR and Wonka LE's.

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

they also raised their prices signicantly - that would also allow for a larger BOM.

True....yet they haven't reached JJP levels yet....

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Quoted from PtownPin:

True....yet they haven't reached JJP levels yet....

And AIQ Premium was designed & released back in the 7500 days.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Stern has a great model, producing 5-6 new titles per year, but you think the 6 in 10 years model is better? Deadpool, Godzilla, Metallica, bm66, Elvira,Iron Maiden are better than any JJP titles, although,
I will admit that gnr is a great game, one of the best ever produced, was a grail for me, i just couldn’t get past my disintegrating playfield, too bad about that whole warranty thing!

#287 1 year ago

Stern doesn't do 5-6 new titles per year. Only once did they ever release 5 truly new games (not counting variations/vaults/rethemes) in a year: 2019 with Munsters, BKSOR, Jurassic, Elvira, and Stranger Things, and the last barely started production in December. They do 3 or 4 in a year with almost equal frequency.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really ?

IMG_20211024_003950 (resized).jpgIMG_20211024_003950 (resized).jpg
#289 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Does buying a CE and flipping it day one count as "in" or "out"?

It counts as "douchbag".

#290 1 year ago

Coil counting? Oh no…

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Coil counting? Oh no…

Pic of Wonka under the hood

DACC8B8D-A45E-40F1-9A79-F077A2FB3153 (resized).pngDACC8B8D-A45E-40F1-9A79-F077A2FB3153 (resized).png
#292 1 year ago

They shoulda put some of that fun on top of the playfield.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ask anyone that owns one!

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ask anyone that owns one!

I own one....

Quoted from screaminr:

Really ?
[quoted image]

Pic from the top side would be a better comparison

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good one

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Its a great game, but toys are lacking...although probably more than my GNR

#297 1 year ago

Even if it’s a really good game, why would I buy anything from JJP. They take practically zero accountability for serious design and playfield problems. This goes all the way back to WOZ. Many openers are still waiting for the opportunity to pay $800 and invest 12-14 hours of their time to replace the entire lighting system. Why? Because they couldn’t design a functional system and kept selling games with doomed lights. F JJP. That shouldn’t fall on the backs and pocketbooks of their customers. Similar crap with their playfield issues. Hard pass on anything nib from them.

#298 1 year ago

I purchased a new Dialed In when they came out and have been very happy with it. I am a Pat Lawlor fan and Toy Story is a pin I have been looking forward to for several years. I haven't been active on Pinside for a while and suddenly seeing all of these JJP playfield posts is starting to get me very concerned. I have pins for enjoyment and relaxation and I am seeing a lot of very frustrated people posting on this forum about the poor quality and lack of customer service they have received regarding playfields. I hope JJP has gotten a wake up call and gets their act together, otherwise it just isn't worth the risk to me. There are plenty of other places for me (us) to spend our entertainment dollars.

#299 1 year ago

Our GnR has been heavily played recently, and the playfield looks great. Our PF has washers under every post, and mylar in high-wear areas, all factory installed. Honestly, the JJP playfield is better protected than the 3 NIB Sterns we've purchased this year. I see zero evidence of pooling, cracking, or any of the other defects that people have posted about. I've closely inspected the heavy-wear areas (such as the post at the top of the pop bumpers), and they look great. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a new JJP from this point onward. YMMV.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Our PF has washers under every post, and mylar in high-wear areas, all factory installed. Honestly, the JJP playfield is better protected than the 3 NIB Sterns we've purchased this year. I see zero evidence of pooling, cracking, or any of the other defects that people have posted about. I've closely inspected the heavy-wear areas (such as the post at the top of the pop bumpers), and they look great. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a new JJP from this point onward. YMMV.

My Playfield only has washers under the slings and a few other posts , the playfield is still in excellent condition as well .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/6?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.