20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 61.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Yes, JJP games are still noticeably more heavy than games from other manufacturers.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That’s good to hear, yeah it’s definitely a fun game. I still understand and agree with the value arguments. For the price there really should be more in it but it is what it is at this point. That doesn’t take away from the fun factor but the pricing is still pretty ridiculous. Same goes for Stern. It’s hard to argue value anymore when all of these games are priced so ridiculously high.
With that being said the CE is one beautiful damn pinball machine, just wow! The way the playfield and radcals pop is pretty jaw dropping. I’ve never seen my reflection in a pinball decal but did tonight lol.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No matter how much the lack of mechs and imagination play-wise bugs me, i gotta say that is one beautiful machine.

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For sure. I moved Ghostbusters premium out the same night I brought Toy Story in and the JJP game must weigh 50 - 100lbs more. JJP definitely uses some heavy duty components but I think most of the extra weight is in the head which is completely made out of wood versus Stern's heads that are mostly sheet metal.

You feel most of it in the PF itself. The PF support rails must be lead filled

Besides that you the head is a lot heavier too with the monitor bracket, materials, etc.

I don't think they are really any 'beefier' just a fuck ton heavier. Tho I do think the lower cabinets are more rigid than Stern's.

#3004 1 year ago

American pinball are heavy as hell too. 350 or so.

#3005 1 year ago

Lighter the better. Don;t quite see any "added value" of DI over Godzilla.

#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

American pinball are heavy as hell too. 350 or so.

Are you referencing a certain machine? I somewhat recently helped a friend setup a LOV and it felt pretty similar to the weight of a modern Stern game.

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

No matter how much the lack of mechs and imagination play-wise bugs me, i gotta say that is one beautiful machine.

Same. It's a push-pull. Such a lazy playfield design, barely any toys or mechs, and the code is reduced so kids can get to the wizard mode in 15-20 mins, but the machine itself is a graphic triumph. It's such a stunner. Really stands out in a line-up.

#3008 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my ce coming Wednesday are they still pretty hernia causing heavy ?

I can help you move your CE on Weds, Mo. text me. I’m around. All JJPs are tanks.

#3009 1 year ago

My 5-year-old son really enjoyed the game at a friend's house, it actually got him to start playing pinball in general. There was one for $10k locally, which I could probably get back if/when I sell it, but man, just can't cough up that kinda coin for a game I don't love. I've never spent more than $8k on a pin; don't wanna crack the five-figure ceiling for this one.

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

My 5-year-old son really enjoyed the game at a friend's house, it actually got him to start playing pinball in general. There was one for $10k locally, which I could probably get back if/when I sell it, but man, just can't cough up that kinda coin for a game I don't love. I've never spent more than $8k on a pin; don't wanna crack the five-figure ceiling for this one.

It is a fun game. Shoots easy but playing it well to score high isn't.

#3011 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

In fairness, you have many machines now that you wouldn't be able to get for less than $10k anymore. Even Stern Premiums are essentially 10k now... You could easily just trade for one of those if you wanted.

With how many games you have, I imagine that you would find personal value in being able to have your son enjoy your collection and hobby as well. Based on what you said, this game could very well be that. If he gets bored of it quickly. Then just sell it, you'll probably lose a few hundred dollars in the process, but at the end of the day you'll feel good knowing you tried to nourish that spark you saw.

I personally have some games in my collection that I don't love, I just value their uniqueness. It probably wouldn't hurt to give JJP a try. IMO, they're significantly nicer to work on than modern Sterns.

1 week later
#3012 1 year ago

In fairness, you have many machines now that you wouldn't be able to get for less than $10k anymore. Even Stern Premiums are essentially 10k now... You could easily just trade for one of those if you wanted.
With how many games you have, I imagine that you would find personal value in being able to have your son enjoy your collection and hobby as well. Based on what you said, this game could very well be that. If he gets bored of it quickly. Then just sell it, you'll probably lose a few hundred dollars in the process, but at the end of the day you'll feel good knowing you tried to nourish that spark you saw.
I personally have some games in my collection that I don't love, I just value their uniqueness. It probably wouldn't hurt to give JJP a try. IMO, they're significantly nicer to work on than modern Sterns.

This actually makes sense!

2 months later
#3013 1 year ago

Played this today, its shitbox of a pin. Wow...

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Opinions are like @-holes….eveybody’s got one…

#3015 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Same. It's a push-pull. Such a lazy playfield design, barely any toys or mechs, and the code is reduced so kids can get to the wizard mode in 15-20 mins, but the machine itself is a graphic triumph. It's such a stunner. Really stands out in a line-up.

What is your thoughts on deadpool or jurassic park? Those don't have a lot of mechs

#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It is still earning more than any of my sterns in the same location which is a bar. Going strong for 5 months now. JJPs have to be fine tuned up. Adjusting pitch, and coil strengths. And if the mechs are not flush with the playfield just like any other machine it's going to play like crap.

#3017 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

It is still earning more than any of my sterns in the same location which is a bar. Going strong for 5 months now. JJPs have to be fine tuned up. Adjusting pitch, and coil strengths. And if the mechs are not flush with the playfield just like any other machine it's going to play like crap.

Cool you must have a lot of tourists l o l

#3018 1 year ago

Are you referencing a certain machine? I somewhat recently helped a friend setup a LOV and it felt pretty similar to the weight of a modern Stern game.

Oktoberfest.. early run.. brutal.

#3019 1 year ago

You had me until "significantly nicer to work on than modern sterns". I think that's more opinion than fact.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

You had me until "significantly nicer to work on than modern sterns". I think that's more opinion than fact.

I played this. It was fun. Don't see it staying long in a collection, but with prices dropping i feel like there's been a market correction by the masses but not yet by JJP. These get under $10k, I can see more people adding it for friends and family. At least in a collection with more than a few pins. The lack of post regularity and total number usually indicates a general acceptance or lack of. At only 3k after the hype.. pinside says meh..

Bonus points for accidently quoting myself.. lol.

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Bonus points for accidently quoting myself.. lol.

Inline with the general cluster that is TS.

What is actually rumored next from JJP?

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Which is why I lead the statement with, IMO (in my opinion).

Sterns OS is extremely dated though. It really hasn't changed much since the Sega Whitestar days. Even Williams pinball 2000 games had a real GUI that would illustrate the playfield to help you diagnose switch issues or other problems.

Stern is really behind every other manufacturer when it comes to their operator menus.

Scrolling through the hundreds of adjustments, one adjustment at a time with about a 10 character limit on what the adjustments actually do is painful.

Plus on the physical side of things, JJP has the glide rails, ball trough locks, service outlets, connectors on most coils, etc. All things that make it easier to work on.

I definitely prefer working on issues for my TS4 over working on issues with my Stern games.

#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cool you must have a lot of tourists l o l

Little tourists. Phof gets the tourists.

#3024 1 year ago

Seeing some of the latest LE sales are around 9k if you have a LE in the Midwest and are looking to get rid of it hit me up.

Thanks

John

1 month later
#3025 12 months ago

Finally had a chance to play this at location......
Not much in it. I was kind of schocked actually.
Place this next to a dialed in and most would bet dialed in cost the doubble.

On shots not much there either.
If i bought it, it wouldnt stay for more then a month.

#3026 12 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Really? There’s a jump ramp with two moving Benson posts, spinning wheel, pop up character mech, real mechanical kickback, one drop target, 4 pops, the 10” mini LCD, and a physical ball lock. Sure it doesn’t have a ton but it’s comparable to a lot of modern games.

Dialed In doesn’t cost twice as much as the theme is terrible…that’s always held that game back. Both games are great shooters thanks to Pat.

#3027 12 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

100% agree with you.

#3028 12 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That’s apparently the “cool” opinion to have so congrats on being “cool”…but talk to anyone with this game on location and virtually all will tell you this game is among the very top earners…often with a wait to play…as to “not much in it”, the jump ramp is extremely fun and its incorporation into the “Save Forky” challenge is among the most satisfying in pinball to complete….and unless you’re near pro level, that jump ramp will remain a fun challenge to attempt multiple consecutive shots…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg…

#3029 12 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

…but talk to anyone with this game on location and virtually all will tell you this game is among the very top earners...

Ahhh the South Park defense

#3030 12 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

That’s apparently the “cool” opinion to have so congrats on being “cool”…but talk to anyone with this game on location and virtually all will tell you this game is among the very top earners…often with a wait to play…as to “not much in it”, the jump ramp is extremely fun and its incorporation into the “Save Forky” challenge is among the most satisfying in pinball to complete….and unless you’re near pro level, that jump ramp will remain a fun challenge to attempt multiple consecutive shots…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg…

i´m a 57 years old senior consultant pulmonologist, i assure you, in my world nothing regarding pinball is considered cool.

If you like it, it´s great. I really loved hobbit and had it here for a long time, due to immersion and rules.

For me, there was nothing in it.(TS)

Would you really say compared to Woz, hobbit, pirates and gnr, that it didn´t lack effort?

#3031 12 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

i´m a 57 years old senior consultant pulmonologist, i assure you, in my world nothing regarding pinball is considered cool.

If you like it, it´s great. I really loved hobbit and had it here for a long time, due to immersion and rules.
Would you really say compared to Woz, hobbit, pirates and gnr, that it didn´t lack effort?

I've owned all of those, Hobbit just left (just grew tired of it, fun game) while Toy Story 4 CE is never leaving. The one area that I think shows a lack of effort in TS is the 10" LCD. That area should have been used for an actual physical mech. JJP's uses a 27" LCD as the main display yet somehow the game needed a 10" LCD in a prime real estate area of the playfield? I don't get that decision. At least there's a bunch of unique animations for it and it's implemented well across all the game modes.

The game has a decent amount going on it, see my post above. I would make that case that Toy Story 4 has 2x the number of toys that interact with the ball as JJP's latest title Godfather (a smaller spinning disk and a basic lift ramp). Most of the mechs in TS are at and or below the playfield which at first glance can give the illusion of the game coming across as rather bear until those items activate. That jump ramp is now one of my favorite shots in pinball. The main mechs that are there, the jump ramp with the two posts, the spinning disk, and the character pop up mech all feel fairly substantial. Like Toy Story 4 or not the jump ramp is a substantial interactive mech, there's really nothing like that in GNR or Godfather.

Code wise the ruleset is more approachable compared to some of JJP's past titles yet still offers a lot to do. It's cool that there's 7 objectives clearly laid on the playfield for how to get to the games wizard mode, which has multiple stages and two different paths to it. There's also 11 carnival modes, and I think 5 or 6 multiballs in the game. Overall the ruleset in TS feels more focused and far less generic IMO compared to Pirates and GNR. JJP also went out and hired Tim Allen, Annie Potts, and Tom Hank's brother for custom callouts. I wouldn't describe any of that as a lack of effort.

#3032 12 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If you honestly look at the playfield and see can’t anything, then anyone consulting you as a pulmonologist should be wary of your input….Panzer is correct…

1 week later
#3033 11 months ago

Toy Story 4 Promotional Translite $89
Toy Story 4 Inner Cabinet Decals $129
Toy Story 4 Topper (for Limited Edtion) $299

translite / cabinet art June 2023 (ish)
Topper July 2023 (ish)

prices do not include shipping or any applicable sales taxes

Shoot me an email to get on the list

[email protected]
www.KingPinGames.net

Inner Cabinet Decals (resized).jpgInner Cabinet Decals (resized).jpgInner Cabinet Decals 2 (resized).jpgInner Cabinet Decals 2 (resized).jpgInner Cabinet Decals 3 (resized).jpgInner Cabinet Decals 3 (resized).jpgInner Cabinet Decals 4 (resized).jpgInner Cabinet Decals 4 (resized).jpgTS4 Topper 1 (resized).jpgTS4 Topper 1 (resized).jpgTS4 Topper 2 (resized).jpgTS4 Topper 2 (resized).jpg

Translite (resized).jpgTranslite (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.