20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 61.
#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Watched all the Toy Story flicks again in order. Was shocked to find that Toy Story 1 was easily the best, I thought it might be dated in terms of execution and animation but nope, it rules the roost. Such a shame we'll never get a pin for it. No Pizza Planet, No Sid's backyard. What a wizard mode that race to get on the moving truck would've been. Damn.

1-2 were the best.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Watched all the Toy Story flicks again in order. Was shocked to find that Toy Story 1 was easily the best, I thought it might be dated in terms of execution and animation but nope, it rules the roost. Such a shame we'll never get a pin for it. No Pizza Planet, No Sid's backyard. What a wizard mode that race to get on the moving truck would've been. Damn.

I'd say 3 was the best. The first three were all terrific. 4 was disappointing crap.

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I agree the first would have been the best,but Disney said only Toy Story 4 for the game.I watched 4 a month or so ago and I think the game is fun and Pat did a great job with what he had to work with.

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I agree the first would have been the best,but Disney said only Toy Story 4 for the game.I watched 4 a month or so ago and I think the game is fun and Pat did a great job with what he had to work with.

1, 2, and 4 were better than 3...

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

1, 2, and 4 were better than 3...

3, then 1, then 2, then political ads, then the 1800-kars-4-kids commercial, then the Big Bang Theory, and then 4.

#2956 1 year ago

I enjoyed all ts films. I thought the last one was great. They all had its place. Ts4 is great and it was a great send off. I dont remember hating it.
I just got a ts4 and I am also enjoying it thoroughly, it is very addictive. Has the one more game factor, plays fast, games are short but hard. Easy to play hard to master.
It is a fantastic pin.
I also own many and have owned several top 10 Sterns.
Loving ts4 honeslty, only a couple complaints: the kickback is unreliable and slings are weak, which I believe its on purpose to reduce power drains due to the layout…?

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

If JJP was nimble enough i wish they would have have re-themed the game immediately (if they could have recouped licensing fees) to a carnival game and saved big time on the fees. The price doesn't justify a lackluster theme when considering there were superior predecessors to the 4th movie. Screw Disney if they were going to play ball like that. Also the jump shot would have been awesome for getting into the moving truck on the first movie.

#2958 1 year ago

a lot of pinball designers here… lol

Garbage truck shot… I don’t know….you want to do a repeat shot into the truck?
Indont think that integrates well nor it is exciting in any way, but I do feel for a sec when caboom is flying that the ball is him…

Let’s stop wishing for what it should have been, it’s here, it’s done. Enjoy it.

Take a moment and see 90s games, some of tbe most regarded “themes” were made then… these have nearly zero toys in them, maybe some magnets.

Terminator 2 has a moving gun, Ritchie recycled this toy multiple times in many games including A LOT of the shots from T2 are in many of his other future games.

T2 has some of the lamest, shallower code a 90s game could have and nonetheless it was the most popular, most played pin in 1992. I know because I was there

So back to integration… if it is fun, its fun and ts4 is very fun.

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

the 1800-kars-4-kids commercial

OMG nothing makes me lunge for the radio faster.

That damn commercial is audio cancer.

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

OMG nothing makes me lunge for the radio faster.
That damn commercial is audio cancer.

I just had to go to You Tube.Wow that was bad!!!

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I just had to go to You Tube.Wow that was bad!!!

Me too.

#2962 1 year ago

I have no dog in the fight. But I did finally get to play TS4. It's a beautiful machine. However, I felt game play was middle of the road. I'm going to give it many more plays at the Houston Expo and see if it changes my mind. That has happened with a few pins I initially didn't enjoy.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I have no dog in the fight. But I did finally get to play TS4. It's a beautiful machine. However, I felt game play was middle of the road. I'm going to give it many more plays at the Houston Expo and see if it changes my mind. That has happened with a few pins I initially didn't enjoy.

Suggestion: bring headphones to plug in, cans if possible. That's the best way to get a read on a pin in public setting, when available.

#2964 1 year ago

That's a great idea.

#2965 1 year ago

I may be eating my own words with this game, traded a pretty heavily modded (no topper) low play Ghostbusters premium for a NIB Toy Story CE. Will share some more thoughts once I get it up and running.

E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpegE33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I may be eating my own words with this game, traded a pretty heavily modded (no topper) low play Ghostbusters premium for a NIB Toy Story CE. Will share some more thoughts once I get it up and running.
[quoted image]

have not met anybody that disliked it yet. World under glass for me. It is fun.

#2967 1 year ago

TS4 is

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Prett bold move If you consider the supposed high ranking of GB. I personally never really liked it much so I could see you moving onto something new. Interested in your thoughts.

#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

have not met anybody that disliked it yet. World under glass for me. It is fun.

That’s good to hear, yeah it’s definitely a fun game. I still understand and agree with the value arguments. For the price there really should be more in it but it is what it is at this point. That doesn’t take away from the fun factor but the pricing is still pretty ridiculous. Same goes for Stern. It’s hard to argue value anymore when all of these games are priced so ridiculously high.

With that being said the CE is one beautiful damn pinball machine, just wow! The way the playfield and radcals pop is pretty jaw dropping. I’ve never seen my reflection in a pinball decal but did tonight lol.

B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpegB2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg

98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg

#2969 1 year ago

have not met anybody that disliked it yet.

So you're ahead of GB already!

Monies are the only issue; haven't played TS4 yet but its for sure an upgrade

#2970 1 year ago

Got a chance to play Toy Story 4 for a good long while, after only playing it very briefly at a show previously.

It's a great kinetic experience, a sensory overload with all the colors flashing constantly. The Duke Kaboom shot is consistently great, really satisfying whether you hit the ramp correctly or not.

For awhile I was struggling to get a good game going.

At some point I started to feel bad that I was constantly striking Gabby in the face. It's not that I don't think she was a villain in Toy Story 4, I mean she was portrayed as one for most of the film, it just started to feel obscene that I was striking this little girl doll in the face repeatedly, partially because the reason I was doing so wasn't made completely obvious.

Eventually though the game felt way too easy(which for me isn't a good thing). I am not sure exactly what triggered it, but at one point it seemed like the left kickback was forever on. I had one of those balls that lasted just way too long, not because I was especially skillful, but because it didn't matter if it drained to the left side, I ended up getting through a lot of the game on that ball. That actually pretty much killed most of the interest I was building for the game, even though there is still a part of me that would like to consider the game just to see my little girl get excited as I played it.

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

TS4 is

Prett bold move If you consider the supposed high ranking of GB. I personally never really liked it much so I could see you moving onto something new. Interested in your thoughts.

Yeah I may live to regret it but a straight up trade for a Toy Story CE was hard to pass up. I’m not sure if I left money on the table with my GB Premium (I had already sold the topper earlier in the year) but felt that the trade was fair. It was nice trading a game for a change and not having to bring a bunch of cash, felt good.

#2972 1 year ago

Gb vs Ts4 is not even a fair competition. GB is a horrible playing game with uninspiring shots. The only thing that saves GB is nostalgia and the excellent -but limited- callouts, other than at is barely an average machine. Ts4 on the other hand gets trashed for not having more, sure it is expensive but it is what it is. Got mine at a discount, so I took it.
top machines that are considered grails, IJ, TAF, TZ have LESS in them that TS4... just a matter of time for TS4 to come up in ranks once the heat cools down.

It is a fun machine with that 'one more gam' feel to it that you walk to and away from feeling great. The price still sucks.
I also own some of the top 10 Sterns... and this is my first JJP, do not think I would like to own any of the other machines they made though.
I think I just wrote the same on this thread twice...sorry, been peaking on both ts4 threads...not sure what I wrote where... Age? lol

#2973 1 year ago

..GB is a horrible playing game with uninspiring shots.

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Got a chance to play Toy Story 4 for a good long while, after only playing it very briefly at a show previously.
Eventually though the game felt way too easy(which for me isn't a good thing). I am not sure exactly what triggered it, but at one point it seemed like the left kickback was forever on.

If the machine was set to factory settings, then the unlimited kickback is an award you can get from the wheel.

In settings, you can adjust it so that the unlimited kickback is on a timer, it really ought to be set that way by default as the left outlane is how ~80% of ball are lost.

In a home setting, you can physically tweak it to be more difficult by increasing the right outlane spacing and remove the post or just the rubber on the left outlane and there are hundreds of gameplay adjustments that can be used to make it more difficult in settings.

#2975 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

If the machine was set to factory settings, then the unlimited kickback is an award you can get from the wheel.
In settings, you can adjust it so that the unlimited kickback is on a timer, it really ought to be set that way by default as the left outlane is how ~80% of ball are lost.
In a home setting, you can physically tweak it to be more difficult by increasing the right outlane spacing and remove the post or just the rubber on the left outlane and there are hundreds of gameplay adjustments that can be used to make it more difficult in settings.

Thank you for the tip, I'm going to change that setting!

Finally got my CE setup. TS4 CE is definitely the most impressive looking game I’ve owned, I’m pleasantly surprised. The topper must weight 30lbs or more lol. Absolutely stunning.
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpegA998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg

#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Finally got my CE setup. TS4 CE is definitely the most impressive looking game I’ve owned, I’m pleasantly surprised. The topper must weight 30lbs or more lol. Absolutely stunning.
[quoted image]

Yup… looks sexy. At the current price I see it hanging around for a while.

I might join the club in a few years once I settle other obligations and recover from buying Wonka/TNA.

You give me an inside peek how TS4 CE will look next to Wonka LE. Same setup I’ll have eventually (minus WOZ…. Decided not to buy one).

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

sweet, can you take a picture with all three turned on?

#2978 1 year ago

Gb vs Ts4 is not even a fair competition. GB is a horrible playing game with uninspiring shots. The only thing that saves GB is nostalgia and the excellent -but limited- callouts, other than at is barely an average machine. Ts4 on the other hand gets trashed for not having more, sure it is expensive but it is what it is. Got mine at a discount, so I took it.
top machines that are considered grails, IJ, TAF, TZ have LESS in them that TS4... just a matter of time for TS4 to come up in ranks once the heat cools down.
It is a fun machine with that 'one more gam' feel to it that you walk to and away from feeling great. The price still sucks.
I also own some of the top 10 Sterns... and this is my first JJP, do not think I would like to own any of the other machines they made though.
I think I just wrote the same on this thread twice...sorry, been peaking on both ts4 threads...not sure what I wrote where... Age? lol

Do not agree with you at all. Love my GB Premium! Probably will never leave, but never say never...lol. I had a chance to play TS4 at Expo and enjoyed it as well, but couldn't really get the full effect as the environment made it difficult to really appreciate the machine. Would love to get some time on one in a different setting one day. Anyway, to each his/her own for sure. Both GB and TS4 have probably taken a lot of unwarranted criticism.

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

Do not agree with you at all. Love my GB Premium! Probably will never leave, but never say never...lol. I had a chance to play TS4 at Expo and enjoyed it as well, but couldn't really get the full effect as the environment made it difficult to really appreciate the machine. Would love to get some time on one in a different setting one day. Anyway, to each his/her own for sure. Both GB and TS4 have probably taken a lot of unwarranted criticism.

GB is just a bad shooting game. Has poor flow.
Good callouts, theme desirability and world under glass is good but the game is not fun.
To each its own!
Cheers

#2980 1 year ago

I think GB is underrated. The only problem I had was the lanes/shots were aligned to feed right down the middle. There’s a non permanent center post mod that’s installed in my GB and now the game is 10x better. I used to be really frustrated at the short ball time but now I can game a decent amount of ball time. I still suck but at least I can progress through the story arcs. TS4 is undoubtedly a beautiful game, I played the LE for a while while waiting for my CE and it didn’t click with me or my son. So I canceled the CE. Maybe if I see one at a serious discount, then I’ll reconsider having it my collection but I don’t think it’ll be a keeper for me. I could be wrong.

#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more. I love tech and sports cars, but grew up in a very middle class family. Just can't justify the cost of owning a Lambo/Ferrari/McLaren. I'm happy with a Corvette. Love the way Chevy cares about making a world-class sports car that is fairly affordable to the masses. Unlike Acura, who decided to make the NSX almost as expensive as a Lambo/Ferrari/McLaren. No thanks. When it comes to autos, my range is 75-125k. My latest Corvette was 77k IIRC. A Ferrari is ~4x the cost...the upkeep and insane depreciation if you actually drive it is for folks that like to burn $$. Not my vibe[quoted image]

Sorry I disagree.. lol. My Ferrari 458 spider is the best car I've ever owned.

20221112_154515 (resized).jpg20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
#2982 1 year ago

Dupe

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

I agree with you. Not quite the same level but I have a v10 manual r8. Maintenance is an annual oil change and the car has appreciated 60k since I bought it new.

#2984 1 year ago

GB is just a bad shooting game. Has poor flow.
Good callouts, theme desirability and world under glass is good but the game is not fun.
To each its own!
Cheers

Flow isn't everything. Honestly, the games where you just chain ramps together can often start to feel stale.

Nothing is wrong with a good sharp shooter type of game. Where ball control is the name of the game. Tight shots are often more satisfying and having more dangerous shots can make strategies more fun.

#2985 1 year ago

Flow isn't everything. Honestly, the games where you just chain ramps together can often start to feel stale.
Nothing is wrong with a good sharp shooter type of game. Where ball control is the name of the game. Tight shots are often more satisfying and having more dangerous shots can make strategies more fun.

that is not what I meant, flow is not only done by linking ramps or bringing the ball to the flipper. The master of flow is now Keith Elwin, he understands what makes a game fun and challenging. In the old days Ritchie was the best but not anymore, his designs are dated but they still work and could be fun. I for one, like LZ and think it is great.
Flow is lacking in GB in the sense that the choreography of shots is really underwhelming, there is no thrill to get a series of shots and are mostly uninspiring.

But not gonna dwell on this topic anymore! we are getting distracted from the fact that Al Bundy score 54 touchdowns...kidding... this is the TS thread let's keep it on track!

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

You have massive penis. I mean, it is comically large in size and fornicating with women must be uncomfortable for them.

#2987 1 year ago

Panzer, that CE is gorgeous, and btw guys, the corvette is where it’s at. American muscle

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You have massive penis. I mean, it is comically large in size and fornicating with women must be uncomfortable for them.

Your mom didn't complain...

#2989 1 year ago

He's not the best colorman in the league for nothin folks.

#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

“Best”…now isn’t that a loaded term signifying nothing.…

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I agree with you. Not quite the same level but I have a v10 manual r8. Maintenance is an annual oil change and the car has appreciated 60k since I bought it new.

Best looking, best sounding, best handling... later year ferraris are much lower maintenance, and do not require engine out service at scheduled intervals like the early Testarossas, etc. There is never a financial justification for owning one, and boy does it bring out the haters, but I sure enjoy driving it. The ferrari owners I know donate more than the avg middle class earners make a year and are down to earth car enthusiasts. They just worked hard with some luck along the way.

Someone else decided to trash anyone who owned a Ferrari, while justifying their 70k corvette.. I felt qualified to respond.. its a logical fallacy. I guess I could look down on the guy with a new Ford Gt at 1.2 mil as frivolous by his standards.. lol

#2992 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Those are sweet cars. I wish ferrari still put real manuals in theirs.

#2993 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

There is never a financial justification for owning one, and boy does it bring out the haters, but I sure enjoy driving it.

So I guess we don't really disagree, since my main swipe @ Ferrari was the cost (and maintenance). I don't hate Ferrari's, I just think they are more of a "status symbol" (when compared with other competitive choices). For my money, both the R8 & RS7 are better choices than a Ferrari...the manual transmission on the R8 rocks. In any event, have fun with your Ferrari...

IMG_2210 (resized).jpgIMG_2210 (resized).jpg
#2994 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Your mom didn't complain...

That's because shes been dead for 15 years. Classy.

#2995 1 year ago

Got my ce coming Wednesday are they still pretty hernia causing heavy ?

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:Got my ce coming Wednesday are they still pretty hernia causing heavy ?

Yes, JJP games are still noticeably more heavy than games from other manufacturers.

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my ce coming Wednesday are they still pretty hernia causing heavy ?

Yes, JJP games are still noticeably more heavy than games from other manufacturers.

For sure. I moved Ghostbusters premium out the same night I brought Toy Story in and the JJP game must weigh 50 - 100lbs more. JJP definitely uses some heavy duty components but I think most of the extra weight is in the head which is completely made out of wood versus Stern's heads that are mostly sheet metal.

#2998 1 year ago

I suspect a JJP is about 325-350 lbs whereas Stern is around 200~

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's because shes been dead for 15 years. Classy.

Classy like your dick comment? I'm sure she'd be proud.

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For sure. I moved Ghostbusters premium out the same night I brought Toy Story in and the JJP game must weigh 50 - 100lbs more. JJP definitely uses some heavy duty components but I think most of the extra weight is in the head which is completely made out of wood versus Stern's heads that are mostly sheet metal.

The ghost busters VP is pretty damn good, you probably wont miss that GB premium very much anyways

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.